• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Esura

Banned
I don't like this low capture rate for Lightning. I barely beat them after dying like 20 times prior as is and I don't feel like doing that fight again.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't like this low capture rate for Lightning. I barely beat them after dying like 20 times prior as is and I don't feel like doing that fight again.

That's such a slap in the face considering it's already paid content as-is.

Robin64

So which classic FF battles do you guys want to see in the Coliseum?

Personally I want:

Beatrix (FF9)
Ultros (FF6)
Calca and Brina (FF4)
Gilgamesh (FF5)
Emerald Weapon (FF7)

Yuripaw

Banned

Ugh really? Even if you beat them, it's not a guarantee that you'll get her? Now I really regret buying that DLC. I didn't realize the battle would be so hard, and to find that out is even worse. I feel like by the time I'll make any use out of it, I'll be done with the game. That fucking sucks.

hamchan

Ugh really? Even if you beat them, it's not a guarantee that you'll get her? Now I really regret buying that DLC. I didn't realize the battle would be so hard, and to find that out is even worse. I feel like by the time I'll make any use out of it, I'll be done with the game. That fucking sucks.

Agreed, don't know wtf they were thinking with the crystal drop rate.

xxczx

Personally I want:

Beatrix (FF9)
Ultros (FF6)
Calca and Brina (FF4)
Gilgamesh (FF5)
Emerald Weapon (FF7)
I think Square would be crazy not to do Emerald Weapon.

I'd love to see Beatrix though :eek:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Agreed, don't know wtf they were thinking with the crystal drop rate.
Think of it as a replacement for the horrendous Trap/Platinum Ingot drop rate from FFXIII!

They'll probably use the ideas of the cameo battles from the Soul of Chaos dungeons from FFI AE/GBA first (ex: Four Fiends, Shinryu, Atomos, Ultros, Gilgamesh, etc.)

Neki

I don't agree with the low capture rate, but I'm hoping that the DLC was tough. What would be the point of easy DLC?

Esura

Banned
That's such a slap in the face considering it's already paid content as-is.
I feel burned. Last boss fight DLC I'll buy. I do want more costumes though, specifically that Resort Serah outfit.

Not guaranteed at all. Some people lucks out and get them on the first go or get Lightning first, Amodar second and vice versa. Some get them 20 tries later.

I used like 30 Feral Links too in the match. Yeah, that sure boosted my chances of getting Lightning and Amodar. Must be like a 1% drop rate or something.

Multiplayer? This is Square-Enix. We should be lucky we got DLC at all. Baby steps.

You're probably right. :(

It's just when I think about it... I think this game's battle system - with some adjustments of course - would lend itself really well to some awesome PvP battles, and the Coliseum would be the perfect way to implement it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my CE. By the way does anyone know if DLC is locked regionally? I've downloaded the Omega DLC (US) but when I use my Asia account with a US copy of the game the DLC list says no DLC yet.

Was wondering whether i should just start the game with my US account instead.

Toki767

Finally got my CE. By the way does anyone know if DLC is locked regionally? I've downloaded the Omega DLC (US) but when I use my Asia account with a US copy of the game the DLC list says no DLC yet.

I believe so. DLC is usually locked regionally.

duckroll

The DLC list doesn't really do anything. It's just a PSN store hook. If you have the DLC installed, it should show up in the game as long as it works.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I believe so. DLC is usually locked regionally.

They usually are but I can always use them with my Asia account after buying them off N.A. PSN.

I'm using a US copy of the game with US DLC but playing with my Asian account.

The DLC list doesn't really do anything. It's just a PSN store hook. If you have the DLC installed, it should show up in the game as long as it works.

Thanks duckroll:)

I hate this whole DLC mess.

It's worse if you buy the Asian Chinese release. The Singapore PSN store has 3 different Omega DLC for each version lol. Hope those who buy off Asian PSN be more careful.

duckroll

Thanks duckroll:)

I hate this whole DLC mess.

It's worse if you buy the Asian Chinese release. The Singapore PSN store has 3 different Omega DLC for each version lol. Hope those who buy off Asian PSN be more careful.

That's why they now list the exact product code the DLC supports. This is VERY important and I cannot stress enough how helpful this is in cases like this. All it takes is a quick comparison with your game spine to know which version you should be buying.

I was scrolling through the DLC earlier today, and I accidentally added the wrong ones to my cart too. Good thing I noticed before I bought them. Lol.

Nose Master

Difficulty is so weird in this game. Are only the bosses scaled, or what? I can basically turbo button my way through every random battle half asleep, but the bosses stomp me the first time round. Well, the first time you fight
Caius, anyways. Didn't realize he was healing the first time I fought him, got him to near nothing, sen/sen/med quick just in case, then saw that his HP is at half. :mad:

Toki767

Difficulty is so weird in this game. Are only the bosses scaled, or what? I can basically turbo button my way through every random battle half asleep, but the bosses stomp me the first time round. Well, the first time you fight
Caius, anyways. Didn't realize he was healing the first time I fought him, got him to near nothing, sen/sen/med quick just in case, then saw that his HP is at half. :mad:

Saboteurs are your friend. Your very best friend.

Diablos

The difficulty (or lack thereof) in most normal battles is kind of upsetting. This game is begging for hard mode DLC, but I'm sure we won't ever see it.

RAV/SAB/RAV in most typical battles is flawless. Makes the amount of time it takes to complete go from fast to turbo.

The difficulty (or lack thereof) in most normal battles is kind of upsetting. This game is begging for hard mode DLC, but I'm sure we won't ever see it.

RAV/SAB/RAV in most typical battles is flawless. Makes the amount of time it takes to complete go from fast to turbo.

I'm a big fan of Smart Bomb, too, but most normal battles for me were fought with Cerberus... made it pretty boring sometimes =/

Hard mode as DLC with a gold trophy for beating the game from start to finish on hard would be great. (It would probably help them sell their costumes, too.)

Robin64

So it seems to be agreed that you should get a Chichu for COM and a Green Chocobo for MED, but what about RAV? How is the Albino Lobo?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd like Ultros DLC pls.

Mario007

I haven't played the game since my PS3 is in Europe and until June I'll be China, but I was wondering does the game actually delve into the FNC mythology? Because the original didn't really do a good job explaining it and how it affected the world. This time with Lightning saying Etro's name in the first minutes of the game I'd assume it'd be a bit more in your face.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I haven't played the game since my PS3 is in Europe and until June I'll be China, but I was wondering does the game actually delve into the FNC mythology?

Yes, the FNC has a major role in this one. And I like it also because of that. I hope both Type-0 and Versus dwell into it even more. It's the best thing Square Enix managed to do in the last ten years, it's just so fascinating that needs more attention.

Goli

So, are Flanitors the best, or are Flanitors the best?

They're decent but I don't think they're the best medics in the game, although I did use the one I captured pretty much always till I did everything in the game due to a lack of a better one, but it got the job done.

I really don't get why so many people seem to be bent on getting the "best" monsters for every role, personally I think it's much more fun to experiment with whichever ones you come across during normal play.

Nose Master

They're decent but I don't think they're the best medics in the game, although I did use the one I captured pretty much always till I did everything in the game due to a lack of a better one, but it got the job done.

I really don't get why so many people seem to be bent on getting the "best" monsters for every role, personally I think it's much more fun to experiment with whichever ones you come across during normal play.

You misunderstand. I don't care how well they heal me (I had no idea they were even good). I just like their silly sirens. :3

Mario007

Yes, the FNC has a major role in this one. And I like it also because of that. I hope both Type-0 and Versus dwell into it even more. It's the best thing Square Enix managed to do in the last ten years, it's just so fascinating that needs more attention.

awesome! Because that was the one real issue I had with XIII since it was the flagship for FNC and yet practically didn't mention any of the mythology (I'm talking about Etro, Pulse and Lindzei and not the fal'cie and l'cie terminology). I also hope Type-0 and mainly Versus expand on it. Versus seems, from the little I've seen to be doing a very good job at it (since Nojima is the writer and he was the one who dreamed up FNC).

I still think SE should include that short video of the mythology that they showed last year in every FNC game. Because to be frank XIII made much more sense and became much more fascinating after watching that video.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
$18.99 Sephiroth battle with a rap One Winged Angel playing.

Also when he's in your party he's a RAV that only casts Super Nova.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
$18.99 Sephiroth battle with a rap One Winged Angel playing.

Also when he's in your party he's a RAV that only casts Super Nova.

It'd be nice if they do an HD version of the Supernova spell as a Feral Link.

Mario007

That and... the logo? Is the FNC logo in XIII-2? I haven't noticed perhaps...

yeah true...back when Agito, XIII and Versus were announced their logos were connected to the FNC logo but XIII-2 is just Lightning and Caius. Still I wonder if they'd do one game that kinda ties it all together when they're done with FNC, would be awesome.

RPGCrazied

I recommend getting all fragments first if you haven't attempted to get the Saddle Sore and Strategist trophies. If you have all fragments, you can get
a fragment skill that fastforwards gameplay time.

There is? Good to know. So instead of an hour of non stop riding, with that fragment, it would only take 30 minutes?

Top Bottom