• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Goli

Thanks for the Chaos Crystal. One more tip please:
I miss you fragment in Breasha Ruins 300AF, the first on the list. I really don't understand what I have to do, presumably it's connected to that guy standing in front of Atlas' button saying to not touch it; and I can't infact touch it! HELP!

That guy standing in front of the device is connected to another sidequest where you have to get some passwords or something, he won't let you through till you trigger that sidequest.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The random luck-based questions in Brain Blast are getting on my nerves.

There's a pattern for the random luck-based questions actually... Except for Left and Right. I got this from another forum:

Red or Black:
- O and Square combination -> O
- X and Triangle combination -> X

Odd or Even:
- O and Square combination -> O
- X and Triangle combination -> Triangle

Head or Tail:
- O and Square combination -> Square
- X and Triangle combination -> Triangle

Aeana

Now Captain Cryptic is driving me nuts. I have a map of his spawn locations, so I wander around town looking for him. One person says he was hanging out "by the slope," and I have no idea what that means. Another person said he was "by the gate," another says he was "in New Town." It doesn't sound like these people are referring to the same location, but either way, I cannot find him for the life of me. Ugh.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
That guy standing in front of the device is connected to another sidequest where you have to get some passwords or something, he won't let you through till you trigger that sidequest.

Thanks, I noticed it by moving on doing other stuff :p

People complaing about the ending, I guess you hated Shenmue I alot. Don't wanna even name Shenmue II because it'll be unfair.

I'd like to have as much complainings as you have for the story, really, but I'm here realizing that actually the story is by far the most decent aspect of this game. I'm irritated by the whole rest: dedicating myself to the side-quests shown me how much crappy is the game-design in this game and how poor its visuals. This is not what I'm used too with Final Fantasy, that always offered me extremely polished games, with lot of dedication and attention to details. Final Fantasy XIII was one of those, XIII-2 definitely isn't for me.

edit. OT: I'm now looking forward to Type-0 while waiting for Versus XIII, can I expect more from that or is another broken game like this?

Heropon

Collected all the fragments and platinumed in 53 hours.

I'm not upset about the story (well, I was a little angry in a certain moment). I suppose it's because I don't put much importance into that aspect. About the gameplay, one problem I have is that a lot of fragments are adquired similarly (Academia and Oerba are the major offenders) and that makes the 160 number inflated to me. At this point, I want to play more of this game, but I say this in a negative way. I like the structure but the content isn't enough. I don't know how to express it, but I feel a little empty.

Cool, just beat and captured Omega. :D

Now if only I could get Lightning.....

One of these days I'll have to get back to the actual game's story line lol, side things keeping me well busy.

barrin87

I am sure it says somewhere in these forums but I am going to ask. Can you not get the weapon from giving the Chaos Crystal to Alyssa until a certain time? I gave the crystal to her and she said to wait and pick it up from the front desk but it's still not there. I have traveled to a couple locations to see if that works but it hasn't yet.

Aeana

I find that complaining about something on a message board often leads to good things. Right after I made that post, I encountered one and tamed it.

Goli

I find that complaining about something on a message board often leads to good things. Right after I made that post, I encountered one and tamed it.

This also works on twitter. When I couldn't get the Lucky Coin fragment I complained and got it. Same for the Serendipitous trophy. Complaning simply works.

Omikaru

So I'm on the final chapter (a few spoilers ahead), and that's where this game really begins to fall apart.
The level is absolutely awful. Whoever thought this was a good level should be shot. And this is also the part where the game's balance is thrown off whack. Up until this point, it's been pretty smooth sailing, but then I have to face Chaos Bahamut/Caius and all of a sudden the game goes off the deep end in difficulty, so I'm going to have to do a few more fragments and grind it a bit as I'm doing them.
Any advice for taking it on otherwise?

That said, I'm not sure I can be bothered. I was pretty much enjoying the game up until this point, and the complete lack of balancing prior to this fight has really pissed me off. I hate grinding shit easy enemies just to fight a tougher one after a few hours.

Tizoc

The ending made me lol, whoever thought up this story needs to be slapped.
Gonna go and get all the artifacts I missed out on by making a list...then asking you good felows for help <3
Gotta say though
a Bahamut as a final boss? Fuck yeah

Paches

So I'm on the final chapter (a few spoilers ahead), and that's where this game really begins to fall apart.
The level is absolutely awful. Whoever thought this was a good level should be shot. And this is also the part where the game's balance is thrown off whack. Up until this point, it's been pretty smooth sailing, but then I have to face Chaos Bahamut/Caius and all of a sudden the game goes off the deep end in difficulty, so I'm going to have to do a few more fragments and grind it a bit as I'm doing them.
Any advice for taking it on otherwise?

That said, I'm not sure I can be bothered. I was pretty much enjoying the game up until this point, and the complete lack of balancing prior to this fight has really pissed me off. I hate grinding shit easy enemies just to fight a tougher one after a few hours.

Last boss stuff
The last boss is really tightly tuned if you didnt do much grinding. I barely did any, only did some of the easy side quests that weren't terribly out of the way and went against my usual rule in RPGs of grinding to death before the last boss. That said, it took me 3 attempts and about 17 minutes on the killing blow. The last boss fight was incredibly enjoyable and I am glad it was a challenge, you shouldn't need to do much grinding.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I am sure it says somewhere in these forums but I am going to ask. Can you not get the weapon from giving the Chaos Crystal to Alyssa until a certain time? I gave the crystal to her and she said to wait and pick it up from the front desk but it's still not there. I have traveled to a couple locations to see if that works but it hasn't yet.

I could get it after I turned in all the gravitational cores.

Tizoc

Ah BTW, which of Noel and Serah's ultimate weapons should I get from Chocolina? The ones that give +1 ATB, or the ones that give bigger stats?
Speaking of which, where can I farm Trapezhedorns?

Goli

Ah BTW, which of Noel and Serah's ultimate weapons should I get from Chocolina? The ones that give +1 ATB, or the ones that give bigger stats?
Speaking of which, where can I farm Trapezhedorns?

From Yomi, the Vercingetorix palette swap found in the Archylte Steppe.

Merovin

I don't really want to go searching through everything in case of spoilers, so I'm going to be super lazy (as I'm sure this has been asked a million times). Are there any missable in this game? (Trophies, items or monsters?)

Thanks.

Kaldea

As far as I know, no missables since you can open/close gates.

Just got Platinum last night. :D As someone who really disliked FFXIII, I enjoyed myself with this game. The story still sucks, but I found myself liking Noel and I guess that's enough as far as characters go. :p

RPGCrazied

One more trophy before platinum!!! Saddle Sore. Doing it now with the high speed fragment skill on. Should take 30 minutes right?

I used a twisty tie from a loaf of bread. :p

Venfayth

Question about the bestiary:

For the quest to get 100% of the bestiary, I am cross referencing the bestiary in the book with the one I have in my game.

Do I need to have a check next to each monster in order to complete the quest? Or does the monster just need to be listed there?

Thanks

laika09

For the quest to get 100% of the bestiary, I am cross referencing the bestiary in the book with the one I have in my game.

Do I need to have a check next to each monster in order to complete the quest? Or does the monster just need to be listed there?

Thanks

Just listed. Check means 100% which isn't necessary.

mudkyp

Thanks

Just listed I believe.

burgerdog

I just got proto-behemoth'ed and my level is much higher than the average here probably. Hilarious. This area must suck for people who rush. I'm got battle more/less before coming here so I've been running through with less on and it still sucks.

PK Gaming

Thanks, I noticed it by moving on doing other stuff :p

People complaing about the ending, I guess you hated Shenmue I alot. Don't wanna even name Shenmue II because it'll be unfair.

I'd like to have as much complainings as you have for the story, really, but I'm here realizing that actually the story is by far the most decent aspect of this game. I'm irritated by the whole rest: dedicating myself to the side-quests shown me how much crappy is the game-design in this game and how poor its visuals. This is not what I'm used too with Final Fantasy, that always offered me extremely polished games, with lot of dedication and attention to details. Final Fantasy XIII was one of those, XIII-2 definitely isn't for me.

edit. OT: I'm now looking forward to Type-0 while waiting for Versus XIII, can I expect more from that or is another broken game like this?

Who's londa?

bubnbob

Banned
Londa was a user who had an erection for FF14 that grew to the moon, and would defend it without question. I think that is reference to it here.

RPGCrazied

Yay! 72 hours later, I get my very first PS3 Platinum! If I can get this, ANYONE can. :p Lets hope Tales of Graces F will be easy to do too.

Oh yea, excuse the chicken scratch of my username.

Top Bottom