• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

The DLC is supposedly supposed to cover stuff that happened during the game, not actually continue from where the ending left us. So, that would still leave the story wide open and unresolved.

I don't even know what the ending is apart from the
to be continued
bit but didn't Toriyama state in an interview merely a week ago that it was meant to make users look forward to DLC to
continue it?

Putting link in spoiler as it contains the words I put in spoiler earlier in this post

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...iii-2s-ending-doesnt-mean-ffxiii-3-is-coming/

TBH I did skim read the link as I didn't want any specific spoilers of what exactly happens so maybe I read wrong, could you clarify for me though? Thanks :)

Noel is truly awesome, my fav SE character since...oh wait I'm one of the few that loved the XIII cast, so hasn't been long since I loved FF characters lol.

Can't wait for my new PS3 to come back tomorrow to get a move on with the game!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
to be continued
bit but didn't Toriyama state in an interview merely a week ago that it was meant to make users look forward to DLC to continue it?

Putting link in spoiler as it contains the words I put in spoiler earlier in this post

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...iii-2s-ending-doesnt-mean-ffxiii-3-is-coming/

TBH I did skim read the link as I didn't want any specific spoilers of what exactly happens so maybe I read wrong, could you clarify for me though? Thanks :)

He said something about how the TBC was also referring to paradox endings and that the DLCs will be episodes that expand the stories with like Lightning Episode, Sazh Episode and Snow's episode in novel form etc. It isn't a clearcut "ending will be DLC" or an indication that the DLC will continue the story of FFXIII-2 beyond the ending.

to be continued
bit but didn't Toriyama state in an interview merely a week ago that it was meant to make users look forward to DLC to
continue it?

That particular article doesn't state that the game's story will "continue" through downloadable content, just that there will be a large Lightning story episode.

I just know what I've read around this forum, and I've never seen it explicitly stated anywhere that the game's story was going to continue with DLC.

Who knows, maybe we're all wrong and they will end up finishing the story with DLC? We'll just have to wait and see I guess

Noel is truly awesome, my fav SE character since...oh wait I'm one of the few that loved the XIII cast, so hasn't been long since I loved FF characters lol.

Can't wait for my new PS3 to come back tomorrow to get a move on with the game!

I also loved XIII's characters :)
Lightning, Hope, Sazh, Vanille, Snow... you know, I didn't really like Fang all that much, though; I'm probably in the minority on that one

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. Saw a scan of the last page of the Fragments Before novel. It has a To Be Continued (In Fragments After) too!

It's kind of hilarious...

That particular article doesn't state that the game's story will "continue" through downloadable content, just that there will be a large Lightning story episode.

I just know what I've read around this forum, and I've never seen it explicitly stated anywhere that the game's story was going to continue with DLC.

Who knows, maybe we're all wrong and they will end up finishing the story with DLC? We'll just have to wait and see I guess

I also loved XIII's characters :)
Lightning, Hope, Sazh, Vanille, Snow... you know, I didn't really like Fang all that much, though; I'm probably in the minority on that one

Okay I guess I assumed too much from that. I really think that they will end up finishing the story in DLC though rather than a XIII-3; it would be a cop out but I'm not sure sales of XIII-2 will justify a sequel.

Oh you can replace your opinion on Fang with Vanille and yeah I love just baout all of em except Vanille haha.

I do think Noel is better than all except Lightning though (but I'm biased towards Lightning, I was hyped for her character for 3 years while I wasn't hyped at all for Noel).

He said something about how the TBC was also referring to paradox endings and that the DLCs will be episodes that expand the stories with like Lightning Episode, Sazh Episode and Snow's episode in novel form etc. It isn't a clearcut "ending will be DLC" or an indication that the DLC will continue the story of FFXIII-2 beyond the ending.

Yeah I guess I assumed too much from that but I thought when he said that will make "users look forward to DLC" I only thought it could mean a resolution. Lets see...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I guess I assumed too much from that but I thought when he said that will make "users look forward to DLC" I only thought it could mean a resolution. Lets see...

To be honest this is really their own doing. It's normal for people to assume put TBC and DLC together and assume that the DLC will continue the story after the ending. His explanation is sort of crappy and illogical too.

Nose Master

Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png

Holy shit, Academia. You guys were not kidding. Un-skippable encounters for a whopping 1CP per enemy? So unnecessarily terrible.

EDIT: Where is the 4th fragment in the first area? I can't find it for the life of me.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is there a systematic approach to those clock puzzles? In the end I wrote myself a program to solve those things, but I wonder if there's an easy way to solve them (other than by luck).

bubnbob

Banned
are you for fucking real

i beat the game again to get the secret ending, and i decided to skip the credits, which apparently skips the extra scene and thus doesnt give you credit for that ending.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

edit: oh wait i had paradox scope turned off. does it need to be on? guess i'll find out. last boss goes down in seconds anyway.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Am I missing something or did I just learn that all the best monsters in the game are only obtainable through random Mog throws?

No. One of the best Commandos yes, but I'd say Medic and Sentinel are still captures.

I've never bothered with RAV/SYN/SAB monsters so I've no idea who is best.

bubnbob

Banned
I found a total of 3 medics in the game (Cait Sith, Green Chocobo, Flower Cactuar) and they are all doodoo laroo. In HP anyway. Also NEVER GIVE ONE ESUNA.

I gave my cactus one when it gobbled my green chocobo and it gives priority whenever someone is so much as poisoned. NO BITCH HEAL ME

But I was max 99 at that point so I gave Noel the accessory that jacks potions up to 1700+ HP so I just popped some when needed.

lol Game.co.uk cancelled my Crystal edition but shipped me the pre-order bonus.

lol had the same thing happen to me (except I cancelled the standard edition)

So basically got a free pre-order bonus.

Am I missing something or did I just learn that all the best monsters in the game are only obtainable through random Mog throws?

Can someone clarify this, I don't quite understand.

Where do you throw mog, is it truly random or is there some clue/indication that a monster is hiding in that certain place?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Neki

No. One of the best Commandos yes, but I'd say Medic and Sentinel are still captures.

I've never bothered with RAV/SYN/SAB monsters so I've no idea who is best.

You never ran Tri-Disaster paradigm? It was my second used one besides Relentless Assault. :p

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You never ran Tri-Disaster paradigm? It was my second used one besides Relentless Assault. :p

There are a few occasions where I wish I had the faster stagger, but for most of the game I would just use rav/com/com to kill them faster.

Lyonaz

Lol, i just beat the episode 4 Augusta Tower boss and in the cutscene that follows you can clearly see Serah's cameltoe when the camera is looking up at her. You crazy Japanese people.

Neifirst

How do you reach the high elevation area in Yassuf (sp.)? I'm supposed to talk to a researcher near a searchlight to deliver some papers and I think the guy is up there, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to talk to him. I tried riding a chocobo and have searched forever for a jumping spot without any luck. Any hints? I don't want to check gamefaqs and accidentally see anything in a walkthrough.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
How do you reach the high elevation area in Yassuf (sp.)? I'm supposed to talk to a researcher near a searchlight to deliver some papers and I think the guy is up there, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to talk to him. I tried riding a chocobo and have searched forever for a jumping spot without any luck. Any hints? I don't want to check gamefaqs and accidentally see anything in a walkthrough.

Hold the jump button to glide. When you're on a Chocobo.

MechaX

Holy shit, Academia. You guys were not kidding. Un-skippable encounters for a whopping 1CP per enemy? So unnecessarily terrible.

It's pretty funny how that one area completely breaks the Mog Clock system in one fell swoop and exposes all of its glaring flaws. In that one area alone.

Run away? Well sorry, you can't run away because the enemies run faster than you do.
Try to get a preemptive strike? Sorry, the enemies spawn on the platform below you and you can't get there fast enough or escape.
Running through this tiny alley? Monster spawns right in front of your face, instant battle.

God, I am dreading having to get the fragments for that place.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
MechaX said:

Once you've completed the initial event, encounter rates drop back to normal levels (and full CP). Its not that bad.

desu

Try to get a preemptive strike? Sorry, the enemies spawn on the platform below you and you can't get there fast enough or escape.

Haha, this is my favourite! Happened to me to when I was standing on a platform and enemies where spawning on a area below me which I cant reach at all ... very awesome!

Tizoc

Anyone got a guide that shows where and how to get the fragments in these locations:
vile peaks 10 af
new bodhum 700 af
bresha ruins 005 af (1 gate)
yachas massif 10 af
yachas massif 1x af
oerba 200 af
oerba 400 af
Arch Steppe
academia 4xx af
augusta tower 200 af
a dying world 700 af
Thanks in advance.

It's pretty funny how that one area completely breaks the Mog Clock system in one fell swoop and exposes all of its glaring flaws. In that one area alone.

Run away? Well sorry, you can't run away because the enemies run faster than you do.
Running through this tiny alley? Monster spawns right in front of your face, instant battle.

What Clear said and, besides, most of the fragments are just the Travel Agency ones, so you don't really have to move around.

Yay captured Lightning! :D :D
And the other guy next next fight lolz, but mainly yay Lightning!

1/12 or something maybe. Didn't keep exact count.

<3 Lightning.

<3 Lightning.

Congrats!

I've fought them about 16 times with Feral Links and Monster Collector enabled and I still haven't captured them.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

<3 Lightning.

Tell us what Adornments she can equip. :D

Go figure, I boot up the game to try it again and I capture Lightning in the first try.

I'm repping the Orange Newsboy Cap right now. It's pretty lame that most of the adornments either go on her side bag or her gunblade holster.

PSM3 France has an exclusive reveal for March 7th & the cover has Lightning bolts on it & says Lightning strikes

Of course I hope this is Lightning XIII-2 DLC, 99% won't be though. lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Go figure, I boot up the game to try it again and I capture Lightning in the first try.

I'm repping the Orange Newsboy Cap right now. It's pretty lame that most of the adornments either go on her side bag or her gunblade holster.

She can equip the hats?

We need pictures.

mudkyp

She can equip most of them. The little gears or tattoo adornments go on her sword case. The backpack and such go on her hip. The hats are at a slight angle on her head. Pretty neat that you can do that on Lightning.

Carbonox

How do I get the Fragment of Invincibility? I can't get the woman to give me the mission. I've done everything required going by FAQ's elsewhere so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

I played around 12 hours... and I don't understand why people is so mad with the game.

They fixed nearly all the complains about the previous game... and is still below in MetaCritics and reviews are even harsher than with FF XIII. It seems that with all the FF XIII and FF XIV issues, having FF in the name, instead of giving you an undeserved +2 in the score, now give an undeserved -2.

Lack of sidequests: fixed
Maps too simple: fixed
Annoying characters: fixed
20 hours tutorial: fixed
Non-physical shops: fixed
Lack of towns: fixed

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Regarding the clock puzzles, they really aren't all that hard to figure out.

The trick is to look at how many connections exist for each number on the dial. For example if there's a number that cannot be reached by any other number, then obviously that's got to be the first in sequence.

Similarly you need to watch for numbers that cancel themselves out - for example because 5's on a large dial will always end up with both hands pointing exactly opposite from themselves so if you get 2 of them facing each other, you know they must be the final two numbers in the sequence.

They are just predictive puzzles, so just think ahead like trying to solve a chess puzzle evaluating the importance of each piece and prioritize them accordingly.

Not the easiest things to solve, but good mental exercise.

Esura

Banned
I played around 12 hours... and I don't understand why people is so mad with the game.

They fixed nearly all the complains about the previous game... and is still below in MetaCritics and reviews are even harsher than with FF XIII. It seems that with all the FF XIII and FF XIV issues, having FF in the name, instead of giving you an undeserved +2 in the score, now give an undeserved -2.

Lack of sidequests: fixed
Maps too simple: fixed
Annoying characters: fixed
20 hours tutorial: fixed
Non-physical shops: fixed
Lack of towns: fixed
Reviewers are docking points for the story now. Can't please everyone sadly. All I know is, aside from the graphics, I like what I was given.

Top Bottom