• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

The main story bosses? They were trivial for me. Only the very last fight lasted longer than a regular encounter for me
and that was just because he kept going back and respawning those other ones

I never bothered with post game content.

I may have been overleveled since I ended with 129/160 fragments. I also found the Proto-Behemoth fight that people said was really hard to be like every other fight and over within 30s or whatever.

I never actually tried to be overleveled. I just do quests that I could do. I'm not a completionist or anything.
you reached academia 500 AF with 129 fragments ? you were overleveled !

As for Hope, you never know, it's a cop out to say he'd have got it done without her, however, once she helped him with the time tube thingy once of course he should have been able to do it again, that doesn't show any true skill just that he was able to copy something someone else built.

But having seen the time they spent, sure, it's a bigger betrayal.
Hope is smart , no doubt about it ... this coming from someone who built another falcie out of remains ? Someone Who activly participated in the creation of a time bubble ? No really he would have done it by itself if he had to. Otherwise why attempting to kill him ?

MechaX

Yeah, if you were able to beat the Proto Behemoth in anywhere under a minute even before fighting the final boss, you were obscenely overleveled.

frequency

you reached academia 500 AF with 129 fragments ? you were overleveled !

My save file after the final boss was 129 fragments. I don't know if I got any fragments in 500AF or in the boss fight. I turned off the game after the credits and haven't gone back yet, so no post game content.

Yeah, if you were able to beat the Proto Behemoth in anywhere under a minute even before fighting the final boss, you were obscenely overleveled.

That makes sense why the game was so easy. Even though I am very bad at video games.
I never skipped fights and did extra quests as I ran into them. Though I never went out of my way.
The clock was at like 68 hours or something at the end. And I hear the game is only like 40 or whatever. Other people got their platinum trophies in less time than it took me to do just a normal completion.

I'm pathetic.

Just started this game yesterday. I absolutely hated the original XIII through and through, but with this one I'm having a pretty good time so far. The plot is a stupid mess and the combat system is not dramatically different, but somehow it works alright.

That makes sense why the game was so easy. Even though I am very bad at video games.
I never skipped fights and did extra quests as I ran into them. Though I never went out of my way.
The clock was at like 68 hours or something at the end. And I hear the game is only like 40 or whatever. Other people got their platinum trophies in less time than it took me to do just a normal completion.

I'm pathetic.

I got Plat in 100 hours. What does that make me?

My save file after the final boss was 129 fragments. I don't know if I got any fragments in 500AF or in the boss fight. I turned off the game after the credits and haven't gone back yet, so no post game content.

I'm pathetic.
you're not pathetic .. you probably got 127 fragments before reaching Academia 500AF ( since this area give you 2 that are mandatory )
Taking your time to play the game like you want if one of FF13-2 strong points ? Nobody can manage to do that with FF13 ..
Enjoying a game the way you want is prefectly fine ( i know someone that spent 33 hours in serenpidity alone ).

But yeah.. you were overleveled

turnbuckle

you're not pathetic .. you probably got 127 fragments before reaching Academia 500AF ( since this area give you 2 that are mandatory )
Taking your time to play the game like you want if one of FF13-2 strong points ? Nobody can manage to do that with FF13 ..
Enjoying a game the way you want is prefectly fine ( i know someone that spent 33 hours in serenpidity alone ).

But yeah.. you were overleveled

The problem with FFXIII-2 (one of the problems, I should say) is that it's incredibly easy to find yourself overleveled if you play the game the way a lot of RPG enthusiasts are trained to play games. Side quests, optional battles, filling out bestiary information, trying to get rare drops, etc are all a part of what many expect to be able to do in a game without completely breaking the game's difficulty. The normal mode feels like an easy mode, for if you do any amount of side-questing and monster hunting the game will quickly become a cakewalk.

If this game had a haste spell I wouldn't feel so inclined to kill Immortal/Ochu as soon as possible to get the ATB+50% weapons. And really, they can be killed pretty early in the game if you use the right strategy. But by doing so you'll get so much CP that subsequent fights with regular mobs will be a breeze.

Teknoman

I picked this game up because some of the alts make the character designs less annoying and it was cheap used at gamestop.

A few hours in and digging the battle system, but skipping most of the cutscenes. lol.

When is Lightning scenario coming out? The intro was so awesome...and now I'm using Serah :(.

Skipping cutscenes the first time though an RPG? Blasphemy.

:p

On a serious note, why hasnt Chocolina updated her shop, or maybe a better question is when does she update her shop? I still cant get rank 2 or 3 monster materials on a regular basis, and I think i've been using the same weapons for awhile now (Butterfly bow, and something fang...a yellowish-green sword/dagger for Noel).

GorillaJu

I have like 38 hours played and Chocolina still only sells rank 1 and 2 monster items for me.

I am probably way overlevelled. I'm on the 17th or 18th stage in the crystarium with several classes at 99 and my Blue Chocobo is 99.

Academia 500AF just opened for me. I suppose I should finish the damn game. Not sure how many fragments I have though probably around 90ish since last time I checked it was 70 and that was a while ago.

GorillaJu

Okay, finished the game. Proto Behemoth was a joke for my stupidly overlevelled party.

I didn't mind the ending. The very final line written in text, I hated. Similar to the middle finger you get at the end of Mass Effect 3.

But the content of the ending itself... I kind of liked it. It really didn't bother me too much. And aside from that very last line of text, it's nothing like ME3's absolute monstrosity. I could see it coming in this game and makes sense within the context of the story. ME3... no way in hell.

And I like that there's more stuff to do, since I enjoy the game and got way too strong for it to just be for that final fight.

I just wonder how the story continues? Can someone be kind enough to just give me a brief rundown of what can take place after "To Be Continued"? I don't mind being spoiled a bit, just don't give away anything that's supposed to be some big twist. Essentially what needs to be done to see the completed and closed storylines?

Just finished the game last night as well. I don't know I went in blind really and expected a few more
party members and a romance dammit

Also I think I used just 2 different weapons for the 99% of the game and got the best ones just before the final boss.

Then I checked out endings on YT and there are a lot of them... How do you get all of those? I know of the one where you
kill/spare the final boss and another where Lightning asks you to come with her in the dream world
what about others?
All in all 7.5-8. But I'm happy with it

Paradox scope.

Go get it in serendipity and then , retry some battles

-Atlas in chapter 2
-the big flan in chapter 3a
-Proto falcie in chapter 3b
-Caius in " a dying world "
-Caius in oerba
-Close Academia 4xxAF gate and refuse alyssa artifact

Don't do the story .. go fight them as soon as you can with paradox scope skill activated.
they should be easy to get...mostly

Seda

Just starting this, zero expectations. I have not been spoiled other than knowing that the ending says
To Be Continued

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do the Colosseum guest battles level with you, or is it best to just challenge them after you finish the main story?
After the main story. Even then, they are pretty hard.

You can do them during the main playthrough, but if you're looking to grind for drops, it's not worth it.

Seda

Finished the first section
(New Bodhum AF 03)
and so far so good. Voice acting is totally fine, some odd lines here and there. So far Caius seems like a stupid villain.

And that boss music :/

I'm now a little over 10 hours into the game and while I still enjoy it for unknown reasons I really wish the story was...good. It's just one those dumb time travel plots with some arbitrary rules to how the time traveling works (just like Steins;Gate!) and a lot of fluffy dialog. Makes me sigh every time a new cutscene is about to begin. At least Noel is not as bad as I was expecting him to be...

GorillaJu

I'm now a little over 10 hours into the game and while I still enjoy it for unknown reasons I really wish the story was...good. It's just one those dumb time travel plots with some arbitrary rules to how the time traveling works (just like Steins;Gate!) and a lot of fluffy dialog. Makes me sigh every time a new cutscene is about to begin. At least Noel is not as bad as I was expecting him to be...

I like both of the protagonists - but I played the game in Japanese and after watching some bits on the Youtubes in English, I can see why people are not fond of Serah. Something about her character is a bit more likeable in Japanese to me.

frequency

I like both of the protagonists - but I played the game in Japanese and after watching some bits on the Youtubes in English, I can see why people are not fond of Serah. Something about her character is a bit more likeable in Japanese to me.

Hmm... I vastly prefer Serah in English.

I like both the protagonists too. I would even say that they're up there as a couple of my favourites in gaming.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is the Ultros DLC awesome and catchable?

GorillaJu

Trying to recruit Lightning. Got damn. This is annoying. 8 fights so far, and no luck even with Monster Collector.

Noel's Meteo Javelin is so badass. 3 Blasters to stagger Amoda, then Serah's Ultima Arrow followed by Noel's Meteo Javelin = dead Amoda. It hits for 40k + damage like 4 times! /boggle

50hrs in, 144/160 fragments, killed
Yomi, is there a harder battle than him? It was underwhelmingly easy, even Long Gui killed me more times
, going to
Academia 500 AF
now.
Seems like they missed the point again. The battles should be strategically challenging and the monsters useful. I basically ran two teams the entire time, haven't even go the Strategist trophy yet.

I liked Kupo though, I wish he goes DLC later, would buy.

EDIT: Question time:

Is the end the true end or is there another end considered the true end? I really liked it!

And I genuinely laughed at the gold trophy for that
laugh of a last boss(es) battle, those bahamuts should be tameable!

Lightning

Banned
Trying to recruit Lightning. Got damn. This is annoying. 8 fights so far, and no luck even with Monster Collector.

Noel's Meteo Javelin is so badass. 3 Blasters to stagger Amoda, then Serah's Ultima Arrow followed by Noel's Meteo Javelin = dead Amoda. It hits for 40k + damage like 4 times! /boggle
I recurited her by finishing her with Chichu's feral link move on my first try. Guess I got real lucky...

GorillaJu

I recurited her by finishing her with Chichu's feral link move on my first try. Guess I got real lucky...

Yeah. I guess you can only recruit her if you finish off Amoda first. I kept killing her first then restarting. I was finally able to recruit her and turned her into a companion befitting of her new
role as a goddess
. She's ridiculously strong, especially after beefing her up with passives.

Jil Nabat was really rough until I figured out a good battle plan. Recruited her on my second battle but really unsure of what kind of role a Jammer monster would take. I almost always run Blaster Attacker Blaster

suzu

Started playing this last week, and now I've finished the game with about 80-ish fragments. Got lazy and youtubed the rest.

I liked the characters (
except Alyssa, so lulz to what happened with her
) and even the ending was decent, despite the
To Be Continued... part. And after watching the secret ending, Caius is a super troll! I wonder if they'll really do a XIII-3?

I enjoyed XIII-2 way more than XIII (which I thought was okay). Also, Caius's theme song is really great.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Alright guys, I just got this game. I bought the Lightning dlc since I'm a fan of her. Anyways, is the Sazh or Nabaat dlc worth it? I have $6 left on my account and am trying to decide if I should buy one of them. Are the monster ones better?

frequency

Alright guys, I just got this game. I bought the Lightning dlc since I'm a fan of her. Anyways, is the Sazh or Nabaat dlc worth it? I have $6 left on my account and am trying to decide if I should buy one of them. Are the monster ones better?

I don't find the Sazh mini games to be particularly fun. I have no desire to ever play them again. The story stuff in that DLC comes out to like... five minutes. I regret the purchase to be honest.

I never used Sazh. He's a SYN. I finished the entire game easily just using COMs, RAVs, and MEDs so I never really had a chance to use him.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I don't find the Sazh mini games to be particularly fun. I have no desire to ever play them again. The story stuff in that DLC comes out to like... five minutes. I regret the purchase to be honest.

I never used Sazh. He's a SYN. I finished the entire game easily just using COMs, RAVs, and MEDs so I never really had a chance to use him.

Thanks for telling me that he's a SYN. I don't remember using them much in XIII so I won't purchase it. Glad I waited for a reply first. I might save my money for the upcoming Lightning one if I enjoy the game enough when I beat it.

GorillaJu

I use Nabaat but I probably don't need to. She's a SAB. It's mostly for fun, and because with adornments she has a moogle nestled between her tits.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just beat it. Maybe I'm weird, but I didn't mind the ending,
to be continued
and all. I had no idea what to expect, so I thought things were going to end
on a more happy note, which would have been eh.

Not sure how much post-game stuff I'll do just yet, but I'm largely content with the game. It was an enjoyable, if easy, ride. Especially surprised with Noel who I honestly thought I'd detest, but I came around to him. Likable guy, awful MC Hammer pants aside.

But yeah! Fun game. I'll probably check out the upcoming Lightning DLC.

Thanks for telling me that he's a SYN. I don't remember using them much in XIII so I won't purchase it. Glad I waited for a reply first. I might save my money for the upcoming Lightning one if I enjoy the game enough when I beat it.

SYN & SAB are way more required for an easy journey in FF13-2.
That is unless you want to stay on EASY the whole game.

a GOOD SEN will save you a lot of trouble..i solved2 of teh 3 most painfull fight in the game with a SAb or a SYN..but that's post game content ...

GorillaJu

SYN & SAB are way more required for an easy journey in FF13-2.
That is unless you want to stay on EASY the whole game.

a GOOD SEN will save you a lot of trouble..i solved2 of teh 3 most painfull fight in the game with a SAb or a SYN..but that's post game content ...

Sens help a lot, but most of the best Sab abilities are useless against post story bosses. They're all immune to fog, curse, poison (with the exception of Yomi), etc. Though it's always nice to have them deshelled, etc.

You can kill that rare mob in Oerba 400AF (spawns on the beach in the vortex, drops 100k gil and 25k cp) in one stagger if you have him debuffed and you have brave/faith + a weapon enchant on your party. It's good farming.

GorillaJu

Sure

fW4Da.jpg

She has Fog/Bio/Curse and Weak as her debuffs. She comes with Debuff Augment I and Debilitating Augment II, and Pressure+ (the one that increases chance to stagger opponents with attacks)

I gave her resist elements +40, magic atk +35, ATB recharge II, resilience +40, chain bonus II and auto-bell (I really don't want this one but ATB recharge II and chain bonus II are below it on the list and I don't want to re-infuse because I'm lazy) I also gave her Dispel, and I might give her Deprotect as well since they tend to take awhile to land. Sorry if I'm not using the right words for the English version. I just found out like two days ago that the classes have different names (Blaster is Ravager, Attacker is Commando, etc.)

I'm at the end of the game now and I have to say I have very rarely experienced a story that was this anticlimactic. I don't even hate it, I just feel utterly indifferent about pretty much everything that happened.
Still not a terrible game, though.

Sens help a lot, but most of the best Sab abilities are useless against post story bosses. They're all immune to fog, curse, poison (with the exception of Yomi), etc. Though it's always nice to have them deshelled, etc.

You can kill that rare mob in Oerba 400AF (spawns on the beach in the vortex, drops 100k gil and 25k cp) in one stagger if you have him debuffed and you have brave/faith + a weapon enchant on your party. It's good farming.
i don't know if i did it wrong ..but Noel caius duel ( paradox version ) i think i only won because i went full SAB on him and prevented ( slowly but surely ) his regen ..i took my time but i killed him

For sarah - caius duel , i used my SEN and caius spammed his huge attack on him alone ( thanks provock ), meaning that i could deal with him without any trouble .

For this 2 reasons ( and i have more examples from my plays ) i think that SEN , SAB & SYN are worthwhile ...

i personnaly did a huge part of the game with that monster ( the SYN that dances ) as a primary monster when i wasn't going full COM.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Not sure where else I could ask this, hope I'm not imposing.

Been interested in playing FF Tactics lately, but the only platform it's on that I own is iOS. I've heard it's terribly overpriced, and has slowdown issues, but I am willing to buy if it's worth it.

Can anyone recommend/not recommend it?

Okay, finished the game. Proto Behemoth was a joke for my stupidly overlevelled party.

I didn't mind the ending. The very final line written in text, I hated. Similar to the middle finger you get at the end of Mass Effect 3.

But the content of the ending itself... I kind of liked it. It really didn't bother me too much. And aside from that very last line of text, it's nothing like ME3's absolute monstrosity. I could see it coming in this game and makes sense within the context of the story. ME3... no way in hell.

And I like that there's more stuff to do, since I enjoy the game and got way too strong for it to just be for that final fight.

I just wonder how the story continues? Can someone be kind enough to just give me a brief rundown of what can take place after "To Be Continued"? I don't mind being spoiled a bit, just don't give away anything that's supposed to be some big twist. Essentially what needs to be done to see the completed and closed storylines?

there is a secret ending(160 fragments needed) and some paradox ending that u can chk out.
There is a lightning's story dlc coming out that might be th end or maybe ff13-3 be on cards.
the secret ending is not much worth,but it does confirm a fact.
also read all the fragments.
1 mentions abt lightning's last moments that hint something.
2nd mentions about the end u saw and there is star glowing in distance which maybe a sign of hope or something.

GorillaJu

there is a secret ending(160 fragments needed) and some paradox ending that u can chk out.
There is a lightning's story dlc coming out that might be th end or maybe ff13-3 be on cards.
the secret ending is not much worth,but it does confirm a fact.
also read all the fragments.
1 mentions abt lightning's last moments that hint something.
2nd mentions about the end u saw and there is star glowing in distance which maybe a sign of hope or something.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Top Bottom