• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

burgerdog

Proto Behe is just a matter of destroying him before he heals. I tried different strategies to find the fastest way to take him out without killing the Schrodingers first (to farm his crystal) but after some time came to find Com Com Rav X and focus fire on him is the best way. One Rav to build a little chain, two Coms to tear him apart. Got his crystal after maybe 10 kills. Annoying as hell since the only way to get a re spawn is by closing the gate and going through that whole puzzle again.

He has 1500 strength.

I'm pretty sure you could just quit the game without saving in order to avoid having to redo the entire area. Auto-save you say? Either turn off your console or quit to dashboard to do the hard quit without saving.

GorillaJu

I'm pretty sure you could just quit the game without saving in order to avoid having to redo the entire area. Auto-save you say? Either turn off your console or quit to dashboard to do the hard quit without saving.

All of those methods are a pain in the ass still. The easiest way was to slaughter Proto and restart the battle if he didn't drop the crystal.

I meant that if you don't do it that way, it's a pain in the ass :p the big white wood wraith requires reloads though

So close to Sarah and Noel's best outfits, even if a bit too late.

Way too late .. Square better make an excellent story dlc because i have no intention of going back to ff13-2 no matter how good the monsters or outflits are.

Proto Behe is just a matter of destroying him before he heals. I tried different strategies to find the fastest way to take him out without killing the Schrodingers first (to farm his crystal) but after some time came to find Com Com Rav X and focus fire on him is the best way. One Rav to build a little chain, two Coms to tear him apart. Got his crystal after maybe 10 kills. Annoying as hell since the only way to get a re spawn is by closing the gate and going through that whole puzzle again.

He has 1500 strength.

You have such patience doing academia 500 AF 10 times is 8 times too much for my mind ..

1500 strength is tempting but what use would i have for it ?Dlc monster maybe ?

GorillaJu

Way too late .. Square better make an excellent story dlc because i have no intention of going back to ff13-2 no matter how good the monsters or outflits are.

You have such patience doing academia 500 AF 10 times is 8 times too much for my mind ..

1500 strength is tempting but what use would i have for it ?Dlc monster maybe ?

Hah. I've done Academia only 3 times. Like I said I got his crystal after 10 kills of Proto Behe, not 10 runs of Academia, thank god!

He's 1500 with +35 STR from Tonberry. He's not actually that useful. Amoda and Omega are both better IMO.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Same. If I wanted to dip on costume DLC for this game, I would have for the AC outfit and that Serah outfit.

But it's been months since I've played this game and I don't really intend to go back to it to simply look at how pretty costumes are on characters for a game I'm not planning to go back to any time soon. Quite unfortunate.

...I thought the AC costume looked so cool too. :/

Hah. I've done Academia only 3 times. Like I said I got his crystal after 10 kills of Proto Behe, not 10 runs of Academia, thank god!

He's 1500 with +35 STR from Tonberry. He's not actually that useful. Amoda and Omega are both better IMO.

oh so you're just a regular human ... you had me fooled for a moment ..

i got a don tomberry crystal in bresha 100AF and this monster is just too cute and powerfull ..
i debuf my ennemies and when unleash the don tomberry furry ...it's so great ..

He has 1500 strength.

Indeed, him standing is only a result of the "drift factor" I was discussing. Normally, I find it best to concentrate on severely beating down one Schrod with debuffs, then continue with Com/Rav/Sab. After that, I usually take down Proto shortly after, as he tries to get up. The second Schrod is my usual last enemy in this fight (not aiming to tame).

I've had a maxed Proto "Warhorn" as one of my swapped-in-for-fun Coms for a while now. Hits hard and has a simple but effective special. Always cool just to watch him simply swipe the field with his normal sword attacks.

Nohar

At least, this one is free, right ?

Still not interested in the DLC though, and I doubt that I will buy "Requiem of the Goddess", though I still need to see of this DLC will be long enough to be interesting to play (no way I'm spending $10 (10€ actually) on this if I can complete it in half an hour).

Anyway... Does the full track of the remix of Clash on the bridge can be found on Youtube ? 'cause I really like it so far.

Don Tonberry's stupid insistence on always, always casting his dumb poison spell is why I like regular Tonberry more.

A small price to pay when he can 99,999 damage easily on the right conditions

at that point i had a flanitor for healing , and don tombeery can absorb Hp ( or did i put that hability on him ?? i don't remember ) .
Anyway ..his poison was meaningless to my play.

neoism

ATB Lv6
HP: 7555~8218
Strength: 674~687
Magic: 573~576

Halves: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Physical, Magical

Abilities:
Quick Stagger (RL)
Stagger Maintenance II (RL)

Attack, Ruin, Launch, Armor Breaker, Blitz, Ravage, Lifesiphon, Mind Pierce, Stagger: Wound, Blindside, Smite, Ruinga

Feral Link deals big physical damage. Can't read the Kanji but I'm sure it's something we've seen in his previous appearances.

Max level: 13

Potent: HP 12451, STR 948, MAG 714
Vitality: HP 14015, STR 843, MAG 652
Power: HP 10875, STR 1038, MAG 652
Mana: HP 10875, STR 843, MAG 747

wow not sure if worth it or not. I thought they would make him a lot stronger. SO what is the best com in this game. I got chichu early and his been awesome.

Seda

ATB Lv6
HP: 7555~8218
Strength: 674~687
Magic: 573~576

Halves: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Physical, Magical

Abilities:
Quick Stagger (RL)
Stagger Maintenance II (RL)

Attack, Ruin, Launch, Armor Breaker, Blitz, Ravage, Lifesiphon, Mind Pierce, Stagger: Wound, Blindside, Smite, Ruinga

Feral Link deals big physical damage. Can't read the Kanji but I'm sure it's something we've seen in his previous appearances.

Max level: 13

Potent: HP 12451, STR 948, MAG 714
Vitality: HP 14015, STR 843, MAG 652
Power: HP 10875, STR 1038, MAG 652
Mana: HP 10875, STR 843, MAG 747

wow not sure if worth it or not. I thought they would make him a lot stronger. SO what is the best com in this game. I got chichu early and his been awesome.

Chichu is my COM too.

He has 1500 strength.

KILL HIM FIRST AND RETRY IF NO CRYSTAL DROP

Really it is that simple. Always kill the monster you want the crystal drop of first. If no crystal --> retry and try again.

Easy as 123.

xintin

quick question, are you able to copy and move your save data to another PS3 with this game? I just got the YLOD in Episode 5 and really dont want to start all over again whenever I get a new system :(

no

There 3 saves types for this game

Your save file ( you can copy )
Status save file ( contain data on your current save + more data ) [cannot copy]
FF13-2 system file [cannot copy]

Your save file might be usable ONLY with the same account but without the other 2 it might screw your trophies & unlocks.

xintin

no

There 3 saves types for this game

Your save file ( you can copy )
Status save file ( contain data on your current save + more data ) [cannot copy]
FF13-2 system file [cannot copy]

Your save file might be usable ONLY with the same account but without the other 2 it might screw your trophies & unlocks.
well, i'd be fine if I can at least finish with the file I had, not too bothered by trophies and extras. I was really enjoying it too :p

benzy

New Sera costume is awesome. I'm surprised they gave it out for free.

untitled-2daiojlw.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That looks soooooo good.

Zoe

Shoot, I need to remember to download that. I'm not surprised it's free though. It was part of the pre-release promotion.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The Sarah costume does look good. I really thought that they would charge us for it over here. Glad they didn't.

frequency

Eh. I still think her Summoner outfit is the best.
Noel's AC costume looks amazing though. At least in the concept shots. We need some screenshots/pictures of that in-game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played about ten minutes of this, got to the part where I had to press a jump button to get over something and was so offended that I turned it off and haven't played since.

Cornbread78

OK, so I'm taking a break from WKCII and have started digging into this one a little. Has anyone else found it a little confusing/frustrating following a pure timeline for the story? I mean, I even bought the guide, but that is not in order either and events are not happening that the book is saying should.

I just finished Bresha 05X, and not went to the Archsteppe, but everything seams out of synch.... Am I literally playing this game wrong?

neoism

Fuck me I can't kill Gilgamesh. This fight will take a god damn hour!

ok do you have to be maxed to kill him..I haven't played in like 3 weeks becasue I was wanting the DLC out.... I've got like 4 roles maxed. I don't want to buy him and not be able to get him. :/

GorillaJu

ok do you have to be maxed to kill him..I haven't played in like 3 weeks becasue I was wanting the DLC out.... I've got like 4 roles maxed. I don't want to buy him and not be able to get him. :/

It's got to be a matter of strategy. I'm completely maxed and have a few godly monsters. I see someone on YouTube finishing the fight in 9 minutes. Need to copy him. :(

bubnbob

Banned
I played about ten minutes of this, got to the part where I had to press a jump button to get over something and was so offended that I turned it off and haven't played since.

I couldn't imagine the better part of your day being spent where you could have just not posted this.

Cornbread78

Oh bummer, I miss all th giveaways.
Do you get anything for registering FFXIII-2 on the member site? I have about 10 SE games that I haven't registered yet, lol.

frequency

Oh bummer, I miss all th giveaways.
Do you get anything for registering FFXIII-2 on the member site? I have about 10 SE games that I haven't registered yet, lol.

At the end of the annual cycle, they send you gifts depending on your rank (based on how many points you have that year).
It ranges from postcards to left over pre-order goodies to signed paintings.

It's stuff for nothing. So if you're buying the games anyway, may as well register.

Got the Ezio and free Serah costumes today. Noel looks like he has Ezio's bottom half and the top half of a thin teenager. It looks awkward, but still an improvement over his normal stuff. Serah's free costume looks incredible. I wish it had come with the game.

I added money to my paypal today, so in a week or so I'll be downloading every boss fight. The only one I have right now is Lightning/Amodar.

BeeDog

Damn, does anyone have a good strategy on how to fight Tonberry? I destroy Don Tonberry with ease, but the regular one annihilates my party.

GorillaJu

Damn, does anyone have a good strategy on how to fight Tonberry? I destroy Don Tonberry with ease, but the regular one annihilates my party.

Use a Sentinel monster. Build up his chain to 300% ish then kill.

Rav / Rav / Sen

Rav / Com / Com

Med / Com / Sen

Should do you fine.

Jrmint

So I just picked up this game and played the first hour or so. Really liking it so far. 2 quick questions.

1. I just unlocked the crystarium and it seems different from xiii.. The only options I see to level up are commando for serah and Noel, how do I get into the different classes?

2. I'm currently playing without a guide and really don't want to miss anything big, so is there any specifics or things I should know about that I could miss?

Thanks a bunch.

So I just picked up this game and played the first hour or so. Really liking it so far. 2 quick questions.

1. I just unlocked the crystarium and it seems different from xiii.. The only options I see to level up are commando for serah and Noel, how do I get into the different classes?

2. I'm currently playing without a guide and really don't want to miss anything big, so is there any specifics or things I should know about that I could miss?

Thanks a bunch.

1- more classes are unlocked by leveling up the crystarium ( so don't worry ) they will appear

2 - Thanks to the system of time travel , you really can't miss anything . Even if you answer badly a live trigger event you can re play tthose moments with no disadvantages so don't worry and enjoy the game

MechaX

I caved in and bought Gilgamesh and the AssCreed outfit. From what I have heard, Gilgamesh is definitely the hardest out of the DLC bunch, which definitely sparked my interest. Hell, in fighting him, he was doing adequate damage, but I got that "Okay, I have to go back to the drawing board with this one" feeling for the first time. I consider that a success. I normally wouldn't spend any money for costumes, but it wouldn't seem fair for Sarah to have an actually good costume in the Style and Steel costume and for Noel to still be wearing his stupid MC Hammer Warrior muumuu.

But since I'm in the spending mood (against my better judgment), I think I might be willing to pay for one, maybe two more DLC options. Dunno what DLC is exactly worth it, but I have thoughts on either Lightning or Omega.

Proc

Probably been asked a bunch but is it worth diving into 13-2 before 13? I ask because bestbuy canada has it on sale for $29...about the same price as final fantasy 13.

Probably been asked a bunch but is it worth diving into 13-2 before 13? I ask because bestbuy canada has it on sale for $29...about the same price as final fantasy 13.

Ff13-2 spoils important story points of Ff13 and assume youve played 13 ( thus doesnt explain basic things except new mecanics ).
Ff13-2 is a DIRECT sequel..
Having a knowledge of the first game is Imo required to understand this game story..

Skullkid

I would just start with 13. The story of 13-2 directly continues the events of 13, and neither game has a straightforward story.

I really liked 13 (put over 100 hours into it and maxed out all characters), but I just beat 13-2 today and didn't really care for it. The game has mostly recycled enemies AND areas from 13 and is somewhat unpolished (framerate hitches). It also feels incomplete with the current and upcoming DLC. The battles and monster collecting are pretty fun though. If you end up loving 13 and want to revisit the world it might be worth it.

It's been a while since I played 13, but I thought it worked as a standalone story.

Top Bottom