• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Zoe

Well there will definitely be a 13-3 then lol. But I looooooved 13 and didn't care for the story at all. The gameplay was awesome. Still sad about the 3rd character in battle being a stupid monster. :/ Can you control them at all. I want 3 characters in my battle system.

You can't control anyone other than Serah and Noel.

neoism

You can't control anyone other than Serah and Noel.

:/ Well are they at least good Ai...I'm not worried it'll be hard. I'm probably goina over level in the first area like I always do I was hoping for a hard mode too......Still hate the monster stuff. owell.

RPGCrazied

Whoa. Nice find. If my order wasn't totally paid off at Gamestop, I'd be all over that. That's cheaper than the regular edition guide. :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Ughhh. I'm really on the fence about getting this. I'm probably not getting XIII-2 on launch but I want get this guide so it matches the one I have for XIII. Did the first guide run out soon after release? If not I'll probably wait on buying.

If I had to bet is that they'll run out of those fast.

For that price you can't beat it.

frequency

Do the guides have nice art and stuff in them?

I don't really care about the guide aspect of it... but if there's nice art and images, I'd totally pay $20 for it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

I don't really care about the guide aspect of it... but if there's nice art and images, I'd totally pay $20 for it.

Those CE ones I bet are top notch. It's printed on coffee shop book photo paper or some shit, check the description lol :)

RSLAEV

Well there will definitely be a 13-3 then lol. But I looooooved 13 and didn't care for the story at all. The gameplay was awesome. Still sad about the 3rd character in battle being a stupid monster. :/ Can you control them at all. I want 3 characters in my battle system.

I"m actually glad they made it this way-the fewer horribly written characters the better. i can"t wait to roll with my kick ass monster squad.

mudkyp

Something in this thread I've found interesting is the complaints that the game only takes 60 - 70 hours to 100%. How is that a bad thing? It took 100 or so hours to 100% FFXIII and about 10 of that alone was fighting turtles. I will gladly take the 60 or so hours if its a tighter experience. I also think that once games crack 20 or more hours of gameplay they pay for themselves. I'm happy to get any game of length so I'm not going to be angry if a game isn't 100+ hours. Most FF games aren't anyhow.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

In the XIII's limited edition guide there were some arts, but just few pages, maybe ten, maybe little more. If you're in search of stuff like that, you should look into Ultimania Guides from Japan first.

Who will take care of the |OT| for western release anyway?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
*lazily looks up*

Community?!

Haha, like the Sonic Generations thread, I'm glad I had this one in my subscriptions, I guess.

Who will take care of the |OT| for western release anyway?
Most likely Kagari. Makes more sense to make a western OT anyway, since this one's pretty much filled to the brim.

One Month OT rule. Game OT's move to community after one month.
Sonic Generations' OT stayed in the Gaming Forum for almost three months.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There was a policy clarification around October or so. More info in this thread. I think the policy was clarified as a result of this thread.

Though both this thread and the Sonic Generations thread never got the "Moving to Community Friday" added to their thread titles, so *shrug*.

But no one really checks Community. I usually have subscriptions to certain threads that are moved to Community, tbh. The general issue is that threads generally die when they're segmented off to Community since no one really goes there.

Tess3ract

Banned
I see that now, I think that's kind of silly, especially with the "no ot until 7 days before release" (because there's nothing to talk about even 2 months before release that doesn't justify a thread am i right?).

I guess I'll just auto subscribe to interesting threads, especially OTs and press f5 on my ctrl panel and Gaming a few times a day.

/offtopic

I looked into this more, and it seems like it fixes a lot of issues I had with ff13 but I'm wary because of how much I hated ff13. I don't like being played for a fool twice.

gembel

Asia English Chinese version cover
5c5c54ecd491120b80b849a4156d88095fb47e97

Asia English Chinese bundle version cover
d7926c9925d6675c66039eeefaab117cf1727402

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh cool, it's back in Gaming where it belongs. It struck me as odd when it was moved to Community without warning when I thought this thread was going to serve as the OT for both the Eastern and Western releases.

And I do not want to play FFXIII for a loooooooong time. I'm all about Saving the Turtles right now.

I absolutely despise the camera in the demo; I know the game is much less linear than FF-XIII but jesus christ, the angles are awful. Also the frame-rate on the 360 version was terrible. I might just pick up FF-XIII again instead since I never finsiehd it; definetely on the fence for XIII-2 and will wait for reviews.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Revisiting FF XIII has been pretty pleasant so far. Knowing how slow it is helps alleviate some of the tedium.
Oh no, I've played my fair share of FFXIII. Twice, and got the plat (and thus most of my time with the game was spent turning into Shredder and making Turtle Soup). The only way to take a break from turtle hunting for me was to experiment with alternative parties and scenarios for certain late-postgame bosses like The Undying for the Shaolong Guis/Long Guis.

But given that I spent a lot of time with the game, I don't really want to play it now. Not for a long time, anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I absolutely despise the camera in the demo; I know the game is much less linear than FF-XIII but jesus christ, the angles are awful. Also the frame-rate on the 360 version was terrible. I might just pick up FF-XIII again instead since I never finsiehd it; definetely on the fence for XIII-2 and will wait for reviews.

Try the PS3 demo then...?

There's several reviews already out... three places gave it 8/10 and one 9/10 so far.

Top Bottom