• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
For anyone else who's played it--does the game has the option for custom soundtracks for the PS3 version a la Nier or Trinity Universe?

Just thinking about all the time I spent in FFXIII and ultimately getting sick of most of the Pulse overworld themes and Blinded by Light, and not wanting to repeat the events in FFXIII-2 while grinding. The custom soundtrack option in Nier was truly a godsend since I never got tired of the music while grinding for drops.

burgerdog

For anyone else who's played it--does the game has the option for custom soundtracks for the PS3 version a la Nier or Trinity Universe?

Just thinking about all the time I spent in FFXIII and ultimately getting sick of most of the Pulse overworld themes and Blinded by Light, and not wanting to repeat the events in FFXIII-2 while grinding. The custom soundtrack option in Nier was truly a godsend since I never got tired of the music while grinding for drops.

Music device + headphones! :(

Did anyone else preorder from Futureshop? They updated my shipping staus to say "(Estimated arrival date(s) 12/10-12/23/2011) "

they're fucking late by over a month! =P

My order has shipped from Amazon
tumblr_lhkdez69U81qblm06.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Did anyone else preorder from Futureshop? They updated my shipping staus to say "(Estimated arrival date(s) 12/10-12/23/2011) "

they're fucking late by over a month! =P

My Best Buy.ca order says the same thing, lol.

laika09

Shipped from Amazon, but UPS doesn't usually come by til 4 or 5pm :\

I'll be relegated to f5'ing this thread all afternoon.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Music device + headphones! :(
That isn't very fun.

I want to use Intense Chase (Zero no Kiseki), Inevitable Struggle (Zero no Kiseki Super Arrange), Tragic Scream (El Shaddai), and What I'm Made Of (lol) as my battle themes when grinding.

...And Wacky Workbench Past (JP), Modern Rooftop Run, and Pumpkin Hill as the field themes while running around looking for stuff. I want to have fun with this, you know. ;_;

lol, I'll probably do the same thing as last time: mute the TV and just play the music from the laptop or stereo.

I am weak. After telling myself I would only buy 1 out of FFXIII-2, SC5 and Amalur Reckonings, I just ordered both of the first two and just about stopped myself from commiting to the third (I'll wait until next week).

Ah well, I'm not desperately anticipating much else for the next few months anyway so I guess I can convince myself it's just bad release timing.

rataven

It's really sinking in that we're getting a new FF tomorrow. Yay! I'm almost tempted to hunt for a midnight release but Amazon's already shipped my CE, so the short wait continues.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Whoa, just saw a Final Fantasy XIII-2 commercial on the local Comedy Network here.

I think this is interesting because I don't really remember seeing a commercial for Final Fantasy XIII at all.

I say tons of XIII commercials on CC and Cartoon Network. Actually I've always seen tons of FF commercials on those two. FFX-2's commercials were in constant heavy rotation to the point of my sister asking if that's the game where "she sings".

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I say tons of XIII commercials on CC and Cartoon Network. Actually I've always seen tons of FF commercials on those two. FFX-2's commercials were in constant heavy rotation to the point of my sister asking if that's the game where "she sings".
I think the FFXIII commercials must've been on a Canadian channel I didn't watch, because I don't recall seeing them much. Honestly, the only reason why I knew what the commercial looked like was because it was posted on GAF.

I do think the FFXIII-2 commercial isn't that bad. It shows off the game, and putting myself in the shoes of a potential buyer who doesn't pay attention to media, it looks a little interesting. Maybe the song might be off-putting, but I think people might be interested since the cuts aren't bad and it's quite cinematic. Way better than the XIII commercial.

I remember the FFX-2 commercial! A lot of the girls at my high school who didn't play games often wanted it because they thought it was a rhythm game where they can sing along while dancing. :lol

mudkyp

Everything's all set. Get the game at 9 am, go to class all day, and then come home to the CE guide waiting for me. Then it's game all night long. Looking forward to it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Does anyone have experience pre-ordering games from GameStop.ca or BestBuy.ca? I'm not holding my breath.. I have a feeling they'll take many days to arrive :/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Does anyone have experience pre-ordering games from GameStop.ca or BestBuy.ca? I'm not holding my breath.. I have a feeling they'll take many days to arrive :/
I've had a bad experience with GameStop.ca (extra week to get my game, and then they didn't give me the preorder bonus so I had to email them for it), and I honestly don't want to do business with them again unless I have to.

I know a few people who've had a good experience with them, but I don't really want to take anymore chances.

RPGCrazied said:
Aw. I wanted to see this commercial. I'm watching south park, and it hasn't shown yet.
Canadian comedy network. :D

But if you really want to see it...
30 sec ver (the version I saw, though at the end it said "available now" as opposed to "January 31, 2012")
15 sec ver

Teknoman

Can anyone with the NA CE post pictures of the inside? I wont get mine till tomorrow night, and just want to see if its well packaged.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon just shipped my CE. My local shops had been selling the CE since Saturday but they were selling those at import prices. Was tempted to buy earlier. And now I just wait:)

people who pre-ordered from amazon when they offered 20 dollars in credit: did you get 10 or 20 bucks?

When did they have this deal?

That would have offset my shipping.

Also do they email you the Omega code?

Toth

Time for a little rant on the eve of Final Fantasy XIII-2's release.

I just replayed the end game of FF13, replayed that glorious final battle, and witnessed that beautiful ending. As the credits rolled, it once again struck me how SE so messed everything up with the implementation of the game's story. I for one had no issues understanding the entire story and ending. But I know why this is so. It is because I actively read and researched the plethora of background material SE published...in Japan. So much of the back stories of the heroes, of life on Cocoon itself, so much on the history of Pulse....One problem: IT WAS ALL NEVER TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH. I cannot even believe this crucial piece of the entire FNC remains only fansubbed and never acknowledged by any SE branch outside of Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUlt89pbMl8

Let's not even go into the episode 1 novella now just being published, the whole novels for FF13-2, and the recaps of 13 on the 13-2 JPN website narrated by key figures from 13. ALL NEVER TRANSLATED.

The question is WHY, WHY, WHY. Why does SE not bother to improve their product with material that only enhances it to western audiences? Fan translations are done in days. But rarely do people know about this because only hardcore fans would even know where to look or what was even being released. I know we all like to blame Toriyama for the story (and there are certainly examples for this) but I wonder whose idea it was in the first place to spread the background material all over the place, instead of the game itself. And whose idea was it to neglect a huge portion of their fan base who would have been receptive to more background to the game. It was the same thing when SE never bothered to release the crucial FFX additional sequence that set up FFX-2 until an OPM disc a month before FFX-2's release....

/end rant.

Happy Final Fantasy 13-2 day!!!!

mingus

Thinking about getting this at Target. Is it possible for me to buy one copy, apply the gc towards a second copy, then return the first copy with the second gc?

I just replayed the end game of FF13, replayed that glorious final battle, and witnessed that beautiful ending. As the credits rolled, it once again struck me how SE so messed everything up with the implementation of the game's story. I for one had no issues understanding the entire story and ending. But I know why this is so. It is because I actively read and researched the plethora of background material SE published...in Japan. So much of the back stories of the heroes, of life on Cocoon itself, so much on the history of Pulse....One problem: IT WAS ALL NEVER TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH. I cannot even believe this crucial piece of the entire FNC remains only fansubbed and never acknowledged by any SE branch outside of Japan.

Let's not even go into the episode 1 novella now just being published, the whole novels for FF13-2, and the recaps of 13 on the 13-2 JPN website narrated by key figures from 13. ALL NEVER TRANSLATED.

The question is WHY, WHY, WHY. Why does SE not bother to improve their product with material that only enhances it to western audiences? Fan translations are done in days. But rarely do people know about this because only hardcore fans would even know where to look or what was even being released. I know we all like to blame Toriyama for the story (and there are certainly examples for this) but I wonder whose idea it was in the first place to spread the background material all over the place, instead of the game itself. And whose idea was it to neglect a huge portion of their fan base who would have been receptive to more background to the game. It was the same thing when SE never bothered to release the crucial FFX additional sequence that set up FFX-2 until an OPM disc a month before FFX-2's release....

/end rant.

I've always enjoyed the bit that has been translated regarding the FNC mythos, it reminds me of ancient real world mythology. And your right, FF13, FF13-2 and I suspect Type-0 and Versus would benefit greatly if this was made availbale to us in the west.

Wilsongt

/end rant.

Don't forget that Square-Enix has also stated that they will continue the story of FFXIII-2 with even MORE novels which won't leave Japan.

Lol Square-Enix. They are such a joke company now.

I think the story in FF13 would be soooo much better if players could know about the actual mythology. I hope theres abit more about it, and better told in 13-2.

I know we all like to blame Toriyama for the story (and there are certainly examples for this) but I wonder whose idea it was in the first place to spread the background material all over the place, instead of the game itself. And whose idea was it to neglect a huge portion of their fan base who would have been receptive to more background to the game. It was the same thing when SE never bothered to release the crucial FFX additional sequence that set up FFX-2 until an OPM disc a month before FFX-2's release....

Yep. Blizzard did the same god damned thing when they did the change from Wrath to Cata.

Got into the game, Magni is gone, what the hell? "GO READ THE BOOKS DUM DUM"

Why the hell do I have to pay extra for books to learn the lore of a VIDEO GAME.

Teknoman

Yep. Blizzard did the same god damned thing when they did the change from Wrath to Cata.

Got into the game, Magni is gone, what the hell? "GO READ THE BOOKS DUM DUM"

Why the hell do I have to pay extra for books to learn the lore of a VIDEO GAME.

Unfortunately its happened in the Halo, Gears, and Mass Effect series too. Its nice, but when there is info crucial to understanding the story as a whole, today that would work better as additional download content.

I wasn't planning on going to the midnight release at my nearest Gamestop, but goddamn. I really want to, even though realistically I would go there, get the game, go home and go directly to bed because I have work the following morning. I wouldn't even play it, and I still want to go.

Top Bottom