• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

The Jason

people who pre-ordered from amazon when they offered 20 dollars in credit: did you get 10 or 20 bucks?

Mine is only ten but it says it will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days of when it ships. I haven't gotten mine yet. Gonna buy the guide it.

daffy

Banned
One notch above Selphie.

Bert.gif

jimmypython

Any details on what's been added?

seemly same as the XBOX version update last week,

coliseum gets a NPC who gives you a list of DLC monsters to choose and fight, a Chocolina who sells new genji accessories and monster decorations; also, we get Hope's supply (5 star growth items).

13a0181a1ab76dcb5df307fab4ef9a2df3e93549.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Listening to a few streams while writing up some study notes (kinda curious about the localization, and at least with English, I can process the language quite quickly without having to look at anything).

Well. At least the comments people make while you're riding chocobos are still neat.

Picking up the game tomorrow first thing in the morning. I have my pre-order down for PS3, but still not totally sure which console to get it on. Do you guys know if there is any clear difference between the two? Thanks :)

RS4-

Picking up the game tomorrow first thing in the morning. I have my pre-order down for PS3, but still not totally sure which console to get it on. Do you guys know if there is any clear difference between the two? Thanks :)

Better frame rate and videos on the ps3.

Nohar

seemly same as the XBOX version update last week,

coliseum gets a NPC who gives you a list of DLC monsters to choose and fight, a Chocolina who sells new genji accessories and monster decorations; also, we get Hope's supply (5 star growth items).

Hello,

Do we need to pay for each DLC monster of the coliseum, or is this update completly free ?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
http://andriasang.com/comzte/ffxiii2_lightning_amoda/

Lighting is coming to Final Fantasy XIII-2's Coliseum mode. But she won't be alone. Joining the FFXIII hero will be Lt. Amoda.

Square Enix announced today a final release date of February 7 for this second round of XIII-2's coliseum download content. Pricing is ¥300 on PS3 and 240 MSP on Xbox 360.

The Lightning fight is split into two parts. You'll first face off against Lightning. Amoda will join midway through the fight.

Sounds cool. I think if they update the colosseum quite frequently, it'll be really a bloodbath for my pockets. Imagine if they start to add the Omega Weapons, Summons and all the classic icons from this series. How could I resist the call?

Lol you can die during the Odin part.

I didn't see that coming :D

burgerdog

http://andriasang.com/comzte/ffxiii2_lightning_amoda/

Sounds cool. I think if they update the colosseum quite frequently, it'll be really a bloodbath for my pockets. Imagine if they start to add the Omega Weapons, Summons and all the classic icons from this series. How could I resist the call?
It would entirely depend on the rewards for me to even consider buying this stuff. Do we know if we get a lightning monster skin for beating her in the coliseum?

Perfo

It would entirely depend on the rewards for me to even consider buying this stuff. Do we know if we get a lightning monster skin for beating her in the coliseum?

I think Light herself is recruitable and she joins as your pet.

Give me a Leviathian boss Square!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Daddy Bear.
Btw, he was an unuseful character that in XIII barely had 20 seconds of screen time in total. But now he got big guns!
Light talks to him in a cutscene where he recommends that she look into getting a promotion and that Psi-Com is sniffing around Bodum. It's during the Fireworks scenes. I assume he is her commander.
Thanks, guys. Well, he seemed alright in FFXIII. Too bad we didn't see anything about him after that cutscene.

BTW, you seem like you're having fun, Rahxephon. Not gonna lie, even with all the balancing thrown out, it was kinda fun to grind away and mess with monster stats in the demo and what I'd played of the JP version.

rataven

I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed in their amount of screen time, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the original cast has been up to. Even Snow. I can't believe I said that.

Daddy Bear.
There's someone named Daddy Bear? Oh man, I need to play this game now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed in their amount of screen time, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the original cast has been up to. Even Snow. I can't believe I said that.

There's someone named Daddy Bear? Oh man, I need to play this game now.

His name is altered in the English version to Captain Cryptic or some garbage. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
His name is altered in the English version to Captain Cryptic or some garbage. :(
That's not a very fun name.

I see why they did the name change to make his role more obvious, but that kinda sucks.

Edit: "GOOD MORNING KUPOOOOOOOO"
"Mornings are what I do best"? What the heck?

Perfo

welcome to the future

welcome to the present, and we're five years old already!

I just hope the episodic DLCs are something big and worthy and not just stupid short contents. You know, something closer to "Lair of the Shadow Broker" and "The Missing Link." I'm ready to pay 6/11 euros for those like I did already with ME and DE.

Carbonox

Sorry if this was asked prior but is there alternative costumes available in the game or are they purely DLC?

Not long left for us EU folk!

rataven

Will the Ezio costume be available right from the start? As much as I want to avoid the nonsense DLC, I have got to cover up Noel's pants.

Top Bottom