• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Diablos

people who pre-ordered from amazon when they offered 20 dollars in credit: did you get 10 or 20 bucks?
$15. I asked them to pricematch the $45 MSRP on toysrus.com. They said it wasn't possible and politely asked me to buy it there instead (lol). So I then asked if they could just issue me a $15 credit, and they did. Woot. Should be here tomorrow (well, today) by noon.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Will the Ezio costume be available right from the start? As much as I want to avoid the nonsense DLC, I have got to cover up Noel's pants.
I want that costume too. The art looks pretty great.

Edit: Noel really is a dick in this version. The voice actor is reading the lines very well. :lol I like, I like!

duckroll

So the Famitsu preview of the Feb 7 Lightning boss DLC also states that the third Colosseum battle DLC is due in mid-March, but they have not mentioned what the boss will be. It says they're also currently preparing the second wave of costume DLCs as well as scenario DLC. Hopefully there'll be more announcements soon. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll be getting my copy 30 minutes from now. :D

BTW, you seem like you're having fun, Rahxephon. Not gonna lie, even with all the balancing thrown out, it was kinda fun to grind away and mess with monster stats in the demo and what I'd played of the JP version.

Yeah I was having a lot of fun, but then again I just enjoy me some FF. But yeah the game seems pretty good to me. I did get that feeling of wanting to play around and kind of goof around. Something that was not in XIII. While the Live Trigger stuff is said to be pointless, even that was funny to chose stupid answers.

The visuals actually seemed pretty good to me. But then again, I should wait to actually see more of the game. The intro was great, even if it was a bit ridiculous. I'm at at least interested in seeing what happens. And of course I like the music.

What can I say, its a FF game, but it seems it may have that "fun" that XIII lacked. I don't know, cant wait to play more tomorrow.

And thanks to everyone who watched the stream. I really enjoy playing games with other peeps watching. That sounds kind of creepy.

Gamefly sent my copy out today, so I'm hoping it'll arrive in the mail tomorrow, if not then Wednesday. It'll be a good reason to return home (especially since I left my leather jacket, and I don't want to drive down for that sole purpose).

Varshes

Serah's Summoner Garb

serahsummoner.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
Oops beaten.

FYI Amazon is now offering $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (used to be $10). Love it when they do this to match B&M store deals. If you already pre-ordered you should get the extra $10 credit along with your Omega Weapon DLC code.

duckroll

So, what do we think the third Colosseum DLC will be? We have Omega, and then Lightning + Amoda so far. They've said that they want the DLC to generally represent "historical FF bosses". Any guesses? Doom Train? Demon Wall? Gilgamesh?

Thoraxes

I'm debating if I should just sell my Omega code or not. I'm just not a DLC person and I never care for it, but I was given it for free so idk.

I just feel conflicted.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm debating if I should just sell my Omega code or not. I'm just not a DLC person and I never care for it, but I was given it for free so idk.

I just feel conflicted.

In the same boat. I sold mine for $30 on Ebay. I almost feel bad for whoever won the auction. haha

Diablos

So, what do we think the third Colosseum DLC will be? We have Omega, and then Lightning + Amoda so far. They've said that they want the DLC to generally represent "historical FF bosses". Any guesses? Doom Train? Demon Wall? Gilgamesh?
Diablos! :D

In the same boat. I sold mine for $30 on Ebay. I almost feel bad for whoever won the auction. haha
Damn, dude. People are actually buying it for $30?! Isn't it going to be available on PSN at some point?

It better be Gilgamesh. Or Ultros.

RedAssedApe

Banned
LOL...you'd be surprised how much people pay for stuff like this on Ebay. When Mortal Kombat 9 came out I saw someone pay $60 for the freaking OG Reptile skin.

The only issue you might run into is other sellers (i.e. the competition) reporting your auctions. Technically selling digital goods is violating the Ebay TOS and if reported they will delete your listing and give you a little slap on the wrist. I had mine de-listed twice over the weekend and they made me take this quiz before I could sell again. The sooner you sell the better as you'll get more if Ebay isn't flooded with these items.

I have no idea if/when these items are supposed to show up on PSN/XBL.

I'm surprised that people are buying it only because I assumed it would be available on PSN/XBL for everyone at some point, for a much smaller fee...

This might not necessarily happen, if Dissidia Duodecim is any indication. The bonus dlc costumes that came with The 3rd Birthday and FFIV:CC never made it to PSN.

They were giving stuff away by raffle at my local Gamestop for the midnight release. For some reason they had one of the old FFXIII 360 faceplates, and I won it. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with a 360 FFXIII faceplate. :|

Pooya

Omega here looks like the one from FFV. I think it's a good idea to pick one boss from each past FF (hey it's FF25!), bosses that would look right in context of FF13-2, for example putting Sephiroth here would be odd. Other than obvious Gilgamesh, I think Weapons from FFVII for example would work. Other than these having classic summons would be great because summons don't really appear in this game much and FFXIII eidolons were really meh anyway.

duckroll

Played about 2 hours so far.

- Framerate is really bad. Very noticeable in the cutscenes. Definitely lacks polish in this area.

- Camera's pretty bad, especially indoors. They definitely didn't modify the FFXIII engine much at all in this aspect.

- The script is hilarious. All the claims that this is a much more "serious" sequel compared to FFX-2 were total lies. It's a good thing though, because it's hard to take any of these characters seriously, so it's a good thing the game is funny.

- Dialogue choices are LOL. They actually add quite a bit to the tone of the game, since it feels like you're making live commentaries on how silly the plot is. It's fun to be able to pick the most hilarious responses for maximum lulz. This also seems intentional.

- Battles are fun, jumping is bad, level design is much better, etc. The demo was really representative of the full game.

I have a code for the Omega boss battle for the PS3. Anyone willing to trade for a 360 code?

I totally am. Got a 360 code for free that I can't use. PM me if you want it. :D

Aaaaaah, you guys are already playing? ;-; I'll have to wait until the evening to get my copy, and even then I'll have to work soon after! >.<

Thoraxes

I totally am. Got a 360 code for free that I can't use. PM me if you want it. :D

Aaaaaah, you guys are already playing? ;-; I'll have to wait until the evening to get my copy, and even then I'll have to work soon after! >.<

Mine apparently went from Indianapolis to Chicago to being out for delivery in like... 4 hours.

I'm almost expecting it by noon now at this rate.

glaurung

Fun little fact:

I pre-ordered the PS3 Crystal Edition from game.net. Since the release date is Friday in Europe, I was hoping they would send this thing out a bit early. I will not be getting it before next week anyhow (mainland EU).

Went to check the status of my pre-order. It shows up nicely under my unshipped orders, but when I click the item, it leads me to a broken page.

I ran a quick query across the store: you can no longer order any copy of the game from them. It's not even in the system.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
You lucky americans, I have to wait 'till friday before getting my hands on it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got my copy:

tfCdd.jpg

Still in Episode 1. 1 Hour in the game.

MechaX

Shinryu or bust.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Can someone explain to me how many chinese versions exist? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears there are two: an english VA with chinese subtitles, and a japanese VA with chinese/english subtitles. Is that so?

duckroll

Can someone explain to me how many chinese versions exist? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears there are two: an english VA with chinese subtitles, and a japanese VA with chinese/english subtitles. Is that so?

No. There are two Asian releases, but only one of them has Chinese text in it.

1) English voice, English text. Basically the US version, but packaged for Asia and includes a DLC code for Omega + Serah Costume.

6adf85877aa229ef809a65e0c8e222d1d4a2ada4

2) Japanese voice, English or Chinese text. Unique SKU to Asia, similar to the FFXIII one with JP voice and EN/CH text. Includes a DLC code for Serah Costume + Noel Costume.

8adc37d1969f6f180e1a70471c044785c41aabb6

Top Bottom