• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

xxczx

I ran a quick query across the store: you can no longer order any copy of the game from them. It's not even in the system.
Yup and same on the sister site (Gamestation).

Maybe it's the stop people pre-ordering it? (IIRC, Amazon completely removed the Crystal Edition for a while)
Both versions will get that, don't worry. EU people got the best pre-order bonus for sure.
Ah, thanks!

RPGCrazied

3 more hours til I can play! Anyone with the American version, is the DLC up yet? Mostly Noels Battle outfit, and the Omega fight.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No. There are two Asian releases, but only one of them has Chinese text in it.

1) English voice, English text. Basically the US version, but packaged for Asia and includes a DLC code for Omega + Serah Costume.

6adf85877aa229ef809a65e0c8e222d1d4a2ada4

Is the DLC included within the game or do I need an HK PSN account (or can I use my US PSN account)?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
No. There are two Asian releases, but only one of them has Chinese text in it.

1) English voice, English text. Basically the US version, but packaged for Asia and includes a DLC code for Omega + Serah Costume.

6adf85877aa229ef809a65e0c8e222d1d4a2ada4

You've been really nice, I got it. Basically my filipino friend didn't get an american version but exactly this one you shown me. And infact he got the coupon DLC with it as well. Now he just needs to create an HK PSN account I presume for downloading that stuff. The only problem will be in future when he'll have to buy DLCs from that HK account with non-chinese creditcards. Do we know if DLCs are region free and perhaps he can keep buying new ones in his other NA account to use with this same version of the game?

Thanks again.

duckroll

Is the DLC included within the game or do I need an HK PSN account (or can I use my US PSN account)?

There should be a code slip inside the package. You need a HK PSN account (or one in any of the other supported Asian regions listed on the code slip).

You've been really nice, I got it. Basically my filipino friend didn't get an american version but exactly this one you shown me. And infact he got the coupon DLC with it as well. Now he just needs to create an HK PSN account I presume for downloading that stuff. The only problem will be in future when he'll have to buy DLCs from that HK account with non-chinese creditcards. Do we know if DLCs are region free and perhaps he can keep buying those in his other NA account?

Thanks again.

You're welcome. :)

I don't know if the DLCs are region free, or if the US DLC will work on the Asian versions. Since the game just came out, I don't think we can get any confirmation just yet. It's possible he'll be able to buy US DLC and use it with the Asian English version, but I can't say for sure, sorry.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I don't know if the DLCs are region free, or if the US DLC will work on the Asian versions. Since the game just came out, I don't think we can get any confirmation just yet. It's possible he'll be able to buy US DLC and use it with the Asian English version, but I can't say for sure, sorry.

I guess we shall see then, thanks.

Btw, Square Enix just released one more final trailer. It's probably going to be the last one – "Launch Trailer" – so enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxVTnI3oTyc&feature=g-all-u&context=G2980924FAAAAAAAAAAA

DLC isn't region free. :( Sadly.

Bothering... so unless international CCs are accepted in the HK Store, he'll have to rely on PSN Chinese Points Cards from the internet <.<'

The US DLC won't work with the JP version and vice versa. But we don't know yet if the US DLC will work with the Asian English version and vice versa. They might. Since most of the time Asian Japanese versions support DLC from the JP PSN store. The important part is whether the game has a unique product code in the software.

Then if someone finds out something about this, share it with us please :p

duckroll

DLC isn't region free. :( Sadly.

The US DLC won't work with the JP version and vice versa. But we don't know yet if the US DLC will work with the Asian English version and vice versa. They might. Since most of the time Asian Japanese versions support DLC from the JP PSN store. The important part is whether the game has a unique product code in the software.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat the game in about 23 hours... Dat difficulty ramp up!

That last section is pretty brutal out of nowhere. I know no one has gone that far, but word to the wise guys, don't skip a single battle on the way up.

I really enjoyed this game and the end game content almost seems obscene because there's so much to do.

RPGCrazied

The story sounds so short. :( Thankfully I will be doing all the side missions I come across to. So hopefully I can double those 20hour times.

Very tempted on this. I started out so hyped for XIII-2 since I really did enjoy XIII, but the demo and reviews sort of turned me off of a day 1 purchase. The credit and mini guide may tip me over the edge.

edit: does the guide come as a pdf?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I created a HK PSN account but the code doesn't seem to work. :/

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The story sounds so short. :( Thankfully I will be doing all the side missions I come across to. So hopefully I can double those 20hour times.

The end game content seems nuts. Even after you're "done" the main story there is plenty of paradoxes to resolve, things to find and missions to undertake. It's jammed... you will be able to put 45-60 hours into this game without blinking.

K' Dash

Mine shipped yesterday, today it'll arrive to Miami, then Costa Rica on wednesday, and my courier will deliver it thursday afternoon, best case scenario :)

SykoTech

Not sure if I've been living under a rock or something, but I just heard about the DLC to add Lightning to your party. Ugh. I hate that kinda stuff.

Any chance at this getting a "Complete Version" release (outside of Japan)?

Sax_Man

Banned
I surely do hope Amazon ships my Collector's Edition soon, but their "Super Saver Shipping" has gone down the shitter for the past few months. I'm expecting it to arrive around the end of next week so as not to get my hopes up.

Glad to hear that the end of the game ramps up the difficulty! I personally felt that FFXIII was quite difficult in parts and enjoyed the challenge!

K' Dash

I surely do hope Amazon ships my Collector's Edition soon, but their "Super Saver Shipping" has gone down the shitter for the past few months. I'm expecting it to arrive around the end of next week so as not to get my hopes up.

Glad to hear that the end of the game ramps up the difficulty! I personally felt that FFXIII was quite difficult in parts and enjoyed the challenge!

Why didn't you order with release day delivery?

ULTROS!

It doesn't work yet. Don't worry. Mine didn't work either. They're probably going to update it tomorrow.

Phew. Thought they started region-locking DLC already.

Here's to hoping that the pay DLC will be region-free.

Its out in Singapore? Feb is going to be so expensive for me :(

It's basically out now in the Pacific Asian territories I believe.

So is there a way to "screw up" your leveling? I heard something about having to do specific stuff in order to max stats or something like that, is this something I need to worry about or save points for before finding out how to spend them?

scy

Dang, my copy got delivered super early and here I am sitting at work...

I live vicariously through this thread for the next few hours!

@$20 rebate: Dang, the CE is now basically a $40 difference? Oh well, too late to care.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
So is there a way to "screw up" your leveling? I heard something about having to do specific stuff in order to max stats or something like that, is this something I need to worry about or save points for before finding out how to spend them?

You can't really screw up, but you can make it difficult to max out some roles if you spread yourself thin across too many roles. I spent a lot of CP getting Serah's Ravager and Commando roles up, so when it came to unlocking and leveling up Medic I struggled for a while. She's still not a great Medic... no one was... which was one of my biggest problems.

You can't screw things up, but you can make things more difficult.

Also, only one save file, so yeah... don't F up too badly.

jimmypython

Yes, there is a way to max the stats.

I just quote my previous post...

I don't know if anyone mentioned but be careful about XIII-2's Crystarium system. if you want to get highest stats for your characters, don't light the sphere randomly.

basically there are big and small spheres, when light the BIG ones you will get role bonus. for example, when you use Attacker/Commando role to light the big sphere, in addition to the regular stats boost, you will get additional 2 points to ATK

here is the effect breakdown for each role when using big spheres to level them:

Attacker/Commando: attack+2
Blaster/Ravager: magic+2
Defender/Sentinel: HP+6
Healer/Medic: HP+6
Enhancer/Synergist: when level is an even number, HP+6 (for example, when you rise a level 1 Enhancer to level 2 using a big sphere, you will get extra 6 points to HP); when odd, magic+2
Jammer/Saboteur: even: attack+2; odd, magic+2

so let's say you want Noel to have max attack&#65292; you will need to use ONLY the big spheres to level attacker and jammer when its level number is even.

Just got my PS3 Collector's Edition! Very happy!

Gamestop Canada seems to have a voucher that comes separately from the game. If I would have not asked, I would have not gotten one. Make sure you ask if you don't receive one. Wanted Omega, but we did not have it in Canada and I did not want to pay for delivery from the US. Oh well, costume and Genji Bow is better than nothing! Gonna be on the hunt for Omega code today I guess!

To all of you who bought it today, enjoy!

chifanpoe

Anyone pick up the game from Best Buy yet with the pre-order bonus book? I am still a few hours out before Best Buy opens here in the old Pacific Time Zone.

Dunan

Very tempted to buy from Amazon and have it shipped out here to me, despite the cost, now that the discount is $20.

As it is, I bought the Scenario Ultimania on the way to work today. Given that this game's story is supposedly nothing to get excited about, I might just flip through the Ultimania and read whatever strikes my fancy without worrying about spoilers. Already I'm liking the big open FF12-like maps.

basically there are big and small spheres, when light the BIG ones you will get role bonus. for example, when you use Attacker/Commando role to light the big sphere, in addition to the regular stats boost, you will get additional 2 points to ATK

Do you mean that you have to have your current character active in combat in the corresponding role when you unlock spheres?

No. When you activate a sphere it asks which role you want to level up.

Oh so does it tell you at that point which role has which bonus? or do I need to print out that list you posted?

ironically being into swtor and early in a ME2 playthrough, excited to get this game but dont know if I will have time to play it

Oh so does it tell you at that point which role has which bonus? or do I need to print out that list you posted?

ironically being into swtor and early in a ME2 playthrough, excited to get this game but dont know if I will have time to play it

It doesn't tell you but I wasn't the one to post it originally either.

You move the line to the next sphere and it lets you unlock a role. At the beginning of the game you have a limited number of roles. Once you get to a point in a role's development you can get other upgrades. Extra ATB levels, unlock the other roles.

jimmypython

I didn't notice any in-game information explaining the system.. Actually I never checked the datalog, maybe it's there...

Synless

Ok, did anyone else not get the genji bow with their Gamestop pre-order? Because mine for some reason is not on my reciept and I am a Powerup member, what gives?

jimmypython

It doesn't tell you but I wasn't the one to post it originally either.

You move the line to the next sphere and it lets you unlock a role. At the beginning of the game you have a limited number of roles. Once you get to a point in a role's development you can get other upgrades. Extra ATB levels, unlock the other roles.

the game unlocks a new role (or other bonus like ATB
+1, accessory+, role skill bonus) only when you finish one entire sphere board (and then it starts a new one).

big spheres only give stats bonus.

Top Bottom