• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Amir0x

Banned
sure, give me a video. I was wondering whether to bother getting this down the line at a price drop, so that goes a long way toward convincing me if it's a major part of the game.

Dunan

Yuna in Japanese means moon right?

It doesn't; the moon is tsuki in Japanese and (I think) utiki in Shuri Okinawan (that's the main island). Yūna is a hibiscus flower; the café in Ishigaki airport was named for it and I can easily imagine the creative producers who were sent to Okinawa in search of ideas stepping off the plane and thinking, OK, that's a good name, now let's go do some scuba diving.

Does Yuna have the moon-related Celestial Weapon or something? There's an Okinawan flower that only blooms briefly, at night, so if the yūna flower is that one, then I can see why they might do that.

wow i haven't been really keeping up with this game but from that video it looks absolutely wonderful. this game is also not supposed to be as linear as FF-XIII, correct?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
What the hell, Playsia? How are they presold out of the Chinese version of the game? Stop bullshitting me and sell me mah FFXIII-2 with JP voices and English subs.

It's going to be a rough month and a half waiting for the NA version. :(

And I know I'm late but finally an OT that doesn't swamp the front page with info.

Wow! This actually looks like a proper videogame, holy shit!
I think I'll pick up the GOTY/Bargain Bin edition, looks surprisingly good.
But I guess the jaw-dropping graphics had to suffer since they have to load more than corridors this time.

And as much shit that I gave FFXIII on this board, I still liked it enough to want to finish it (Until my PS3 YLOD, losing my 35 hour save lol), but god so much missed potential with it.

But what really irks me, is WHAT THE FUCK did they do to Snow in this one?
Other than the girly as hell undershirt, he, by far, was the best character design in the original. Really fit with his character as well ^_^

Smo21

Ok well i haven't been keeping up with this at all. I wasn't the biggest fan of XIII(by the time it opened up I felt like i was done with it) Seems like they fixed most issues i had with that game. oh and time travel? Awesome!

RPGCrazied

I guess nobody know this one, but what will the difficulty be like? I hope its toned down from XIII. Some boss battles made me pull out my hair. The only FF game I died the most.

RPGCrazied

I think the game has difficulty options.

That would be a blessing to me. I really only had issues with the doom counter, its like you are being punished for not being fast enough, regardless of how the battle is going. Hated that.

The tower boss is also a pain in the ass, for me anyways.

Pooya

That would be a blessing to me. I really only had issues with the doom counter, its like you are being punished for not being fast enough, regardless of how the battle is going. Hated that.

The tower boss is also a pain in the ass, for me anyways.

There is easy and normal mode. You can choose when you start a new game and switch whenever you want in the game.

Zoe

It doesn't; the moon is tsuki in Japanese and (I think) utiki in Shuri Okinawan (that's the main island). Yūna is a hibiscus flower; the café in Ishigaki airport was named for it and I can easily imagine the creative producers who were sent to Okinawa in search of ideas stepping off the plane and thinking, OK, that's a good name, now let's go do some scuba diving.

Does Yuna have the moon-related Celestial Weapon or something? There's an Okinawan flower that only blooms briefly, at night, so if the yūna flower is that one, then I can see why they might do that.

Looks like the "yuuna" = "moon" thing came from Ultimania, but it's not completely correct. I think this is saying that it can be related to the evening though.
Japanese Wiki

Zzoram

I don't understand why people say the second half of XIII when you run around on Gran Pulse is any different than the rest of the game. The very first section you get on Gran Pulse is a Hub World, and everything else that is connected to it is another series of linear tunnels. It's the same shit with a large circular opening that connects the tunnels. It really didn't feel any more "open" than the rest of the game.

I was totally okay with XIII giving me the guided experience, hell every Final Fantasy game is a guided experience with the illusion of exploration. I'm not looking for Skyrim out of this game, but if they just mask the idea that there is only ONE place to go to next and make me think that I'm in this vast world, that'd be great. I think Towns is a great way to achieve that goal. I'd really wish for a World Map to run around (PSX style) but that's cool if there isn't.

I guess they just need to actually give us a better chance to explore at our own pace before requiring us to move on. Make there be cool armor/magic whatever for going "out" of your way. This game has a lot of poetiental, I hope they execute well on the ideas. I'd love for this to be my prime gaming experience of 2012.

The second half of the game gave you 3 party members and let you pick what combination to use. The first half would force you to use only 2 characters at a time without being able to choose them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dark Schala, on the Okinawan island where I'd spent some time before playing this game, "the sun" is tidán (n at the end, and strong stress on the second syllable), so that's what I called the protagonist. That word sounds a lot more like a man's name; does it to you?
Absolutely. If the stress is placed on the final syllable like that, then it sounds a lot like a male's name. Makes me wonder, with all the Okinawan influences in the game, why they didn't go with that one.

but F**K that Mog, I hate the way he follows me around EVERY WHERE and shove his little butt on the cam :\

exploring all this beautiful areas in the game with the mog butt on my face will be SO ANNOYING :mad:
You can throw him around, but you can't throw him around at will. :/ Just know that he turns into Serah's weapons so when you bash the weapon around, you're really bashing him in the face!

Hey, at least he's not voiced by Laura Bailey! I decided to leave Omochao on for a little bit during Sonic Generations to see what the fuss was all about and oh my God... >_< I like Laura Bailey, but man, that got irritating quick.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
8v4r7.jpg

Was this ever posted? Seems to be taken from that IE9 X FF13-2 website.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
there has to be a way to turn the english dub off right? i really can't sit through any more of that after 13. i could see playing this game in spurts though.

Buy the Chinese language version... it has Japanese audio and English subs/menus.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
there has to be a way to turn the english dub off right? i really can't sit through any more of that after 13. i could see playing this game in spurts though.

Probably not. You could always import the English/Chinese Asia version. That uses the Japanese dub. But future DLC buying would be a problem if you get that version. The buying of PSN cards.

EDIT:Late

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
When is the Chinese version coming out?

They need to quit it with the fucking random moaning and shit in JRPGs, it's my one pet peeve. I don't need people in my house thinking I'm watching some strange ass hentai.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They need to quit it with the fucking random moaning and shit in JRPGs, it's my one pet peeve. I don't need people in my house thinking I'm watching some strange ass hentai.
Vanille's moans during battle and her... um... sound... when her Eidolon was using its attack in Gestalt mode made me turn my TV down quite a bit. :lol

Top Bottom