• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

No installs on either system.

what? I don't think there's been a single 360 game released you can't install. You must have misheard him, or he doesn't know what he's talking about, or square enix just shot themselves in the foot.

calling BS on this claim.

edit:
BTW, to the ps3 fanboy's comments about graphics on PS3 being superior...

http://www.videogameszone.de/Final-...Xbox-360-and-PS3-says-Motomu-Toriyama-838599/

Videogameszone talked to Motomu Toriyama about Final Fantasy XIII-2. In Final Fantasy XIII-2 the graphic on PS3 and Xbox 360 achieved an "equally great level of graphical performance". Serah and Lightning are not the only charakters from Final Fantasy XIII that will appear in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

You can't install crackdown 1, but that was made before the install feature, and probably had to do with the halo 3 beta or something silly.

yeah that was because of the halo 3 beta, that happened a while back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Like I still can't believe how good the FMVs are in FFXIII... I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but I replayed FFXIII right after I saw Avatar on blu-ray and I could barely see any difference in quality.

Like I still can't believe how good the FMVs are in FFXIII... I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but I replayed FFXIII right after I saw Avatar on blu-ray and I could barely see any difference in quality.

I have come to support you, because I agree. Square-Enix has always been the greatest FMV maker, ever ! I think the only companies that come close would be like, From Software with their Amored Core FMV's.

When I was but a wee lad, the FMV's in FF9 just blew me away. Still my favorite FF to this day. I was all like ~DEEESE GRAFIX ON A PLAYSTATION 11111!!!!! OH SHEEEIT.~

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
what? I don't think there's been a single 360 game released you can't install. You must have misheard him, or he doesn't know what he's talking about, or square enix just shot themselves in the foot.

edit:

http://www.videogameszone.de/Final-...Xbox-360-and-PS3-says-Motomu-Toriyama-838599/

What the hell is he going to say? That the 360 version is totally inferior and anyone who buys it instead of buying the PS3 version is making a poor decision?

Khezu

You can't install crackdown 1, but that was made before the install feature, and probably had to do with the halo 3 beta or something silly.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have come to support you, because I agree. Square-Enix has always been the greatest FMV maker ever. I think the only companies that come close would be like, From Software with their Amored Core FMV's.

I'd say the company that comes second to FMVs are tri-Ace.

xion4360

edit:

She means no Mandatory install. Of course you can always opt to install on 360 independently from the game.

as for the Graphics comment. There is no doubt the PS3 version will be technically superior. By how much we dont know, and it will likely be a smaller gap than FFXIII. But DO NOT expect parity.

Agreed. Say what you will about Squeenix, but the sorcery they use to make their FMVs look so goddamn pretty is astounding.

She means no Mandatory install. Of course you can always opt to install on 360 independently from the game.

No, read Kagari's post again. She edited it.

No installs on either system .., Unfortunately there are no installation options for both."

She's claiming there is no option to install on Xbox 360. I don't believe it. As noted before, the only xbox game to not have installation options is Crackdown but that was before installing was released, and had to do with the halo 3 beta anyway.

So I call BS on this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's an exact quote from a SE PR person. I think she was referring to mandatory installs though/content installs. Either way, like someone said above... the installs didn't help XIII's load times much.

I have come to support you, because I agree. Square-Enix has always been the greatest FMV maker, ever ! I think the only companies that come close would be like, From Software with their Amored Core FMV's.

When I was but a wee lad, the FMV's in FF9 just blew me away. Still my favorite FF to this day. I was all like ~DEEESE GRAFIX ON A PLAYSTATION 11111!!!!! OH SHEEEIT.~

Blizzard?

edit:

Yes I'm certainly going to take the word of a man who's trying to sell his product ... And I'm certainly going to be reassured by a journalist who spells like this ...

Videogameszone talked to Motomu Toriyama about Final Fantasy XIII-2. In Final Fantasy XIII-2 the graphic on PS3 and Xbox 360 achieved an "equally great level of graphical performance". Serah and Lightning are not the only charakters from Final Fantasy XIII that will appear in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

That's just the first couple of sentences to, the whole article needs a serious grammatical look over.

Go_Ly_Dow

edit:

yeah that was because of the halo 3 beta, that happened a while back.

This means nothing. Kitase used to say there wasn't much of a difference between FFXIII...

There's no real use debating this at the moment. Both versions could be pretty much identical or one version might have a few points going for it. Or in the end, one might be a complete mess.

We won't know of these things until release week, when comparisons start coming out. Even then we might have to wait for the Western release, since I doubt Japanese gaming sites care about this and I doubt DF will import both versions just to compare...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This means nothing. Kitase used to say there wasn't much of a difference between FFXIII...

There's no real use debating this at the moment. Both versions could be pretty much identical or one version might have a few points going for it. O,r in the end one might be a complete mess.

We won't know of these things until release week, when comparisons start coming out. Even then, we might have to wait for the Western release, since I doubt Japanese gaming sites care about this and I doubt DF will import both versions just to compare...

There's a Japanese blog that does brief comparisons. I'll post it whenever it goes up.

Tizoc

40-ish hours into my 3rd FF13 playthrough and I Just dismantled a Nirvana and I now have 3 Traps~
...but am 1.2 million Gil short of getting another Nirvana and dismantling it =_=

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That's just the first couple of sentences to, the whole article needs a serious grammatical look over.
It's a German site, actually. First we had to use that Google translate to read their site, but I guess they got some English writers now.

40-ish hours into my 3rd FF13 playthrough and I Just dismantled a Nirvana and I now have 3 Traps~
...but am 1.2 million Gil short of getting another Nirvana and dismantling it =_=
Toise farming is better :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

So glad they changed the weapon system for this reason.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wait, they did?

Yeah. You buy new weapons at shops now, similar to past FF games. I didn't mess around with it too much when I got to play, but I think you can also combine items for better upgrades... or something.

But yeah, no more "adding parts to upgrade existing weapons."

Tizoc

It's a German site, actually. First we had to use that Google translate to read their site, but I guess they got some English writers now.

Toise farming is better :p

The bigger turtles right? I'd fight them but my only strategy is to keep hoping Death kills them =P
Ah what the hey: I'll go fight one in my next grinding session and see if I get an Ignot~

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah. You buy new weapons at shops now, similar to past FF games. I didn't mess around with it too much when I got to play, but I think you can also combine items for better upgrades... or something.

But yeah, no more "adding parts to upgrade existing weapons."
I'm one of the few that actually liked the upgrade system but I'm MORE than pleased to see the return of the good ol' "buy new weapons in store"-system :D
I really didn't like the weapon upgrade system in XIII. It always came off to me as a last minute thing they threw in.
Yeah, especially since you didn't even notice any difference in the weapons power until you reached like 50+ with it.

That’s an excellent video, just the sort of thing I want to see out of my final fantasies. The future in particular looks fantastic, I can't wait to see how large and interactive it is but even as a backdrop it looks gorgeous. More games need to take place in nice clean futures, reminded me a bit of Mass Effect 1's citadel

I hope the weather effects are dynamic rather then being specific for the a time period (AF300 is always raining, etc...)

Plus this video reaffirmed my suspicion that no one in Japan has seen a woman run before

Yoshichan

Plus this video reaffirmed my suspicion that no one in Japan has seen a woman run before
This doesn't surprise me. During my three weeks in Japan, I never saw a woman run.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Speaking of which, Chocolina is the only seller in the game or she is just a special seller with extra luxury stuff?

From what I saw she's the only shop... but she's all over the place so if you ever need something, a shop will be close by. Much more frequent than O'aka from FFX.

Aeana

Probably not. You guys can discuss it in here, or whatever, but as Yoshichan said, it's the same engine, so results will be close to XIII.

That said, having seen both running side by side, the 360 one is a little improved from XIII, but the PS3 version holds the edge in graphics... and obviously FMVs/audio. Anyone who's had a chance to view both, be it at any of the conventions the game was at, can tell you as well.

As for loading times, I asked Square Enix PR about it and they said they're exactly the same on both. No installs on either system. "the load times are equal among the two platforms. Unfortunately there are no installation options for both. Although you’d experience loading when traveling to worlds from the Historia Crux initially after that the majority of the loading are reduced and generally unnoticeable during gameplay within the worlds as it occurs real time."

Of course you can install the game on 360. Whether it dramatically helps the load times is another issue (I'm sure it does, there are very few issues where it does not), but you can install every game. Even Crackdown since it got updated.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Yay~

Is the equipment shop system similar to FFX (the weapons are almost similar to each other, but set weapon abilities can vary) or the older FFs (like Store X has a stronger weapon for you than Store W, and so on)?

I kinda hope that the weapon system ends up being sorta like FFX's - I'd prefer to have no stats attached to the weapons, just abilities.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
From what I saw she's the only shop... but she's all over the place so if you ever need something, a shop will be close by. Much more frequent than O'aka from FFX.

I was kinda curious about this, thanks for the answer.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yay~

Is the equipment shop system similar to FFX (the weapons are almost similar to each other, but set weapon abilities can vary) or the older FFs (like Store X has a stronger weapon for you than Store W, and so on)?

I'm trying to remember the shop interface... I didn't take many notes on that part for some reason... but I'll ask a friend who also attended the event to see if they did.

Aeana

I kinda hope that the weapon system ends up being sorta like FFX's - I'd prefer to have no stats attached to the weapons, just abilities.

Well... I definitely don't prefer that system, but it does have its merits.
What I'd like more than anything is a full realization of the way the FF12 weapon system was going to be before everything got cut short. Each weapon type had very distinct advantages, even measures and handy bombs.

ULTROS!

I was hoping for the older, classic equipment shop system. Don't wanna deal too much about customizing weapons (armors on the other hand, I can deal with) :p

Well... I definitely don't prefer that system, but it does have its merits.

I absolutely prefer weapons to have their own stats attached with games that have normal leveling up, but with manual stat gains (i.e. sphere grid or crystarium) I'd rather the weapons not drastically affect things far more than your actual in-game progress (or become quickly obsolete for similar reasons).

RPGCrazied

Just got home from Christmas shopping and stopped by Gamestop to preorder the Collectors Edition. I normally don't on games, but since it comes with the full soundtrack, and a cool box for the game to go in, I caved.

The only thing that scares me is how the discs will be stored. Usually box style cases for games houses the disc's in paper sleeves. Even the OST? I doubt they will have the digipak case included, but we shall see I guess.

The artbook is just gravy, even if its only 20pages long.

Top Bottom