• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sora_N said:
I don't know where I should post anymore...but I'm at the end of chapter 9 (JP version). Wow that boss is a bitch, got owned 4 times so far. Have to think of how to beat him. :lol Chapter 9 was looooong as hell though, but I rather enjoyed it.
Just beat that boss myself. Didn't have trouble with him though. All I have to say is that Sentinel is one heck of a class.

I think this might be my favorite world the Final Fantasy series has produced. It's really unique, and the datalog in particular gives a whole bunch of interesting bits of background on the culture, society and so on.

Byakuya769 said:
Damn, this game starts off slow and cliched as fuck.

Kind of have to agree with this. Just got to part where

the lake crystalizes, and you get introduced to the sphere grid.... err crystallium system

Really digging the rest of the game. I need to sleep now and study in the morning.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Dead said:
Well atm (start of chapter 11), current Crystarium levels are worth like 4000-8000 points per upgrade

So yeah, Im glad I didnt waste any on the extra roles.

Good fucking god. :lol

So what do you consider "extra" roles exactly?

DominoKid

Sora_N said:
I don't know where I should post anymore...but I'm at the end of chapter 9 (JP version). Wow that boss is a bitch, got owned 4 times so far. Have to think of how to beat him. :lol Chapter 9 was looooong as hell though, but I rather enjoyed it.

I just ran a simple Light/Hope/Snow as Rav/Med/Com.
Knock off each of the shoulder sections. You should be able to defeat each section after 1 stagger. It gets a little hard once Barthandelus raises his spells to the third tier (around the time he has two shoulder parts left) but i never felt like i was in danger of losing.

It took FOREVER to finish the fight but i beat it first try.

Kyoufu

Nose Master said:
Can you upgrade the drop rate ring with any gems?

The catalogues? yeah.

max out Collector's Catalogue to star level then use Mnar Stone (costs 60k) to upgrade it to Connoiseur's Catalogue.

Collector's affects normal drop rates and Connoiseur is for rare drop rates. Note that both can be used together.

Kruhex

This game really tricks you (well, at least me). I was ready to give up around hour 10 thinking that the system sucked and the characters were terrible however every chapter opened up some great mechanic and slowly the characters evolved where it became addictive. I actually love the game now. I'm contemplating after this going back to FFXII and giving it another shot, giving it more patience like I did with FFXIII.

Dead

well not really...yet
omg rite said:
Good fucking god. :lol

So what do you consider "extra" roles exactly?
Any role other than the 3 main ones.

I gasped when I saw the worth of the upgrades, but current Monsters regularly give me between 2000-4000 points, so it balances it out.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait... isn't the amount of CP required for each upgrade set? if I spend points in level 2 or ravager, does that mean future upgrades in level 5 of commando will cost more?

Kyoufu

Rez said:
wait... isn't the amount of CP required for each upgrade set? if I spend points in level 2 or ravager, does that mean future upgrades in level 5 of commando will cost more?

Each Crystarium tier level costs more.

So yes, whilst level 2 ravager nodes cost something like 2-4k (I don't remember the number), level 4 nodes will cost 12-18k each.

Fear not, in chapter 11 and 13 you can farm 6600 CP every minute or so. With my current stats I can rake in that amount in just 16 seconds.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kyoufu said:
Each Crystarium tier level costs more.

So yes, whilst level 2 ravager nodes cost something like 2-4k (I don't remember the number), level 4 nodes will cost 12-18k each.

Fear not, in chapter 11 and 13 you can farm 6600 CP every minute or so. With my current stats I can rake in that amount in just 16 seconds.
yes, but it isn't like, say, the DMC store where every item you buy raises the price of the others, is it?

Sora_N

DominoKid said:
I just ran a simple Light/Hope/Snow as Rav/Med/Com.
Knock off each of the shoulder sections. You should be able to defeat each section after 1 stagger. It gets a little hard once Barthandelus raises his spells to the third tier (around the time he has two shoulder parts left) but i never felt like i was in danger of losing.

It took FOREVER to finish the fight but i beat it first try.

I didn't think I was gonna lose until
he uses death on me...can't seem to kill him fast enough before the timer runs out.

It's predetermined. Go upgrade what you think it's best it won't go up in cost until you reach another crystal level every time. Sometimes it even gets lower.

Nose Master

Kyoufu said:
The catalogues? yeah.

max out Collector's Catalogue to star level then use Mnar Stone (costs 60k) to upgrade it to Connoiseur's Catalogue.

Collector's affects normal drop rates and Connoiseur is for rare drop rates. Note that both can be used together.

Thank you! <3. Is there any easy way to tell which stone to required to upgrade items?

PS: Please tell me sazh gets protect/shell. I fucking hate Hope so much.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Well I plan on maxing out every role for every character because I always have to do everything possible in these games. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ballistictiger said:
It's predetermined. Go upgrade what you think it's best it won't go up in cost until you reach another crystal level every time. Sometimes it even gets lower.
I thought do, thanks.

And yeah, I noticed that. It was nice to get to a new level and only have to spend 150 instead of 400. :lol

Sora_N

Sora_N said:
I didn't think I was gonna lose until
he uses death on me...can't seem to kill him fast enough before the timer runs out.

Hmm a quick browse on gamefaqs and apparently
if he casts doom I'm doing it wrong (as in taking too long for the battle)
:lol , first time that happened so I didn't know.

Dead

well not really...yet
Sora_N said:
Hmm a quick browse on gamefaqs and apparently
if he casts doom I'm doing it wrong (as in taking too long for the battle)
:lol , first time that happened so I didn't know.
When he casts Doom, it means you've almost beat him. You just have to attack relentlessly at that point while keeping your health in check. If you see that hes about to cast his most powerful attack and you can tell it will only take one or two more hits to kill him, just go ahead and do it rather than switching to a Sentinel oriented paradigm (which is pretty much the key to winning the battle)

I beat him with less than 50 seconds left on the doom clock

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm looking to grind but I've heard of an item that gives you double XP that you can get fairly early on...

I've just hit Chapter 11 and can start doing side missions - how much longer do I need to play before I get to the point where I can make a run for that item?

I think I'm going to cap myself at Chapter level grinding since I'm a grind freak and I heard good things about that stage for grinding.

I got a question is it possible to rebeat the game after beating it? and Are there Ultimate weapons for each characters?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I've read you can redo the end game again after you finish it along with clearing out all the extra missions in Chapter 11.

Rpgmonkey

Getting tired of this game randomly taking control of the gameplay away from me to create a more "defined story experience."

Stop throwing the rest of my party into a void out of nowhere, it's stupid and makes little sense. >_>

I'm going to back to explore again...

Ballistictiger said:
I got a question is it possible to rebeat the game after beating it? and Are there Ultimate weapons for each characters?

There are multiple Ultimate Weapons for each character. Their stats and special abilities depend on the initial weapon you chose to upgrade.

AcciDante

Holy cow, the boss on (ch11)
the top of the tower in Gran Pulse is dominating me!
. I've staggered him and only end up taking like a 1/4th of his health! I'm going to sleep and hope for better in the morning, haha.

Castor Krieg said:
There are multiple Ultimate Weapons for each character. Their stats and special abilities depend on the initial weapon you chose to upgrade.
So it depends on which weapon I upgrade I see. Like the recharge ATB weapon effects on a certain special weapon.

Thanks for the tip. Damn I upgraded the gladius I shouldn't have.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Fighting the Scalebeasts in chapter 6 is strangely rewarding. Get them staggered so their shell pops off then hit the fuckers with Deprotect, Deshell, and Poison.

Ballistictiger said:
So it depends on which weapon I upgrade I see. Like the recharge ATB weapon effects on a certain special weapon.

Thanks for the tip. Damn I upgraded the gladius I shouldn't have.

Stick with it, Gladius is a beast, highest raw ATK of all the weapons.

Le-mo

omg rite said:
Fighting the Scalebeasts in chapter 6 is strangely rewarding. Get them staggered so their shell pops off then hit the fuckers with Deprotect, Deshell, and Poison.
Way to spoil a boss :|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Phew, time for my second break (another 25 hours non-stop today). 50 hours and still haven't beaten the game and I haven't done any side quests.

I'm near end of chapter 2.

Good night!

Dead

well not really...yet
Yoshichan said:
Phew, time for my second break (another 25 hours non-stop today). 50 hours and still haven't beaten the game and I haven't done any side quests.

Good night!
Chapter 2? lol WHAT???

Toki767

Yoshichan said:

Good night!
50 hours and you're near the end of chapter 2?

Something doesn't quite add up. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshichan said:

Good night!
I really hope you meant to type 12.

Rpgmonkey

Yoshichan said:

Good night!

Must have did a lot of exploring. :eek:

Ok I've seen some scans but I can't post them anyways. Gladius as like the second highest damage potential. Organyx is a beast for Lightning. Since I already evolved it I might as well use it until I can get an Organyx.

Edit: Nevermind Organyx upgrade has a slow ATB no thanks then.

I have a few questions about the meanings of some weapon bonuses. What does augment maintenance and stagger lock help with?

edit: just saw the time-stamp on this post and freaked @ 4:45 am. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom