• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekjo

cnizzle06 said:
Guys, I can't find the post, but can someone tell me again how to take advantage of mission 7??

I think it's where you farm Tetradic Crowns/Tiaras for Sprint Shoes. I've just gotten bomb cores so far though, so not sure.

edit: way too slow. that's what i get for getting distracted.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The_Dude said:
I don't want to spoil anything by looking at a FAQ, but is it possible to finish all the missions before finishing the game, and is there a point of no return? I've just reached
Taejin's Tower
and am up to mission 20.
You can stay in Ch 11 all you want, there is no "point of no return" since you can go back during 13 to Pulse and of course
after you beat the final boss

Pachinko

I took a break to mess around in starcraft 2 the last couple weeks but decided to try and continue this game.

So today I finished chapter 8 off. ... that was certainly an interesting ending. I'm kind of wondering about the pacing for chapter 9/10 because I know what's gotta happen gameplay wise from reading the odd spoiler here and there and it doesn't seem doable without 6 or 7 boss fights, previous chapters were lucky to have 2 bosses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cnizzle06 said:
Upgrading stuff. What should I max out ect.

Yeah, max out the crowns or tiaras and then break it. If you do it with the crown, you'll get Hermes Sandals which you can upgrade to Sprint Shoes.

There's a thing about the Japanese version of the game where you need to break down four useless objects before breaking the crown/tiara. People have said that it doesn't work like that in the US version, but save before hand to be sure.

jiggle

cnizzle06 said:
Upgrading stuff. What should I max out ect.

get 3 tiadric crown
upgrade each to lv*
use Perovskite on each to turn them into 3 hermes sandals
upgrade each to lv*
dismantle them
u'll get 3 sprint shoes
auto-haste at the start of every battle

same mission rare drops tiadric tiara
u'll want at least 1-2 (can get 2 more from story later)

every mission win nets u 5 bomb cores
great for upgraiding the above crown/sandals
and also great for upgrading ur characters' weapons
once u done upgrading
farm at least 99 more of these before moving on

There's really no point in farming Mission 7 IMO.

The auto-haste is not that useful unless you pair it with Lightning's Axis Blade.

You're better off farming the northern Behemoths for CP. Gil farming is not worth it at that point of the game.

cnizzle06

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Yeah, max out the crowns or tiaras and then break it. If you do it with the crown, you'll get Hermes Sandals which you can upgrade to Sprint Shoes.

There's a thing about the Japanese version of the game where you need to break down four useless objects before breaking the crown/tiara. People have said that it doesn't work like that in the US version, but save before hand to be sure.

Thanks man. Fortunately, I just got hermes sandals from mission 34. Does the tiara offer the same as the crown when broken down?

cnizzle06

Banned
jiggle said:
get 3 tiadric crown
upgrade each to lv*
use Perovskite on each to turn them into 3 hermes sandals
upgrade each to lv*
dismantle them
u'll get 3 sprint shoes
auto-haste at the start of every battle

same mission rare drops tiadric tiara
u'll want at least 1-2 (can get 2 more from story later)

every mission win nets u 5 bomb cores
great for upgraiding the above crown/sandals
and also great for upgrading ur characters' weapons
once u done upgrading
farm at least 99 more of these before moving on

Lots of helpful info here. Thanks:D

Woohoo, I beat mission 64. All that's left is to grind for loot
:(

I bought all the weapons and I'm in the process of upgrading them. I lost about half a mil getting all of Lightning's weapons to tier 2 (I have an Lionheart Omega Weapon already).I have about 3M gil in the bank, how much do I need afford everything for Treasure Hunter?

cnizzle06

Banned
Maybe I just got lucky, but I have yet to enter chapter 12 and I just killed one of the big turtle guys, I was vanille, did a summon, then just kept casting death. Awesome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cnizzle06 said:
Thanks man. Fortunately, I just got hermes sandals from mission 34. Does the tiara offer the same as the crown when broken down?

The Tiara gives you the Sprint Shoes directly, which is why it's preferred.

You can also get a guaranteed Crown and Tiara if you do the Chocobo hunts. I think one of the latter mission gives you a Crown as a reward as well.

Danj

OK, I finally understood that
the Hope Eidolon fight
is actually to drive home to me that the Sentinel role is not useless like I thought it was. Particularly in the next area, many battles that seemed impossible became easy when I included a Sentinel in the party.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wow

I beat the Gigantuar in 10 seconds, and my life has barely reach 10k

darkwings

Banned
any advice for better drop rate in mission 7? I only got one tetratic crown after I killed bituitus like 30 times. And I five star him all the time.

ROFL @ Orphan's weakness being poison, made the fight a joke once I tried it haha

The ending confused the hell out of me.........ah well, time to do more missions

firehawk12

Subete no aware
darkwings said:
any advice for better drop rate in mission 7? I only got one tetratic crown after I killed bituitus like 30 times. And I five star him all the time.

Just equip the catalogs and be happy with Crowns. The drop rates are very low unfortunately.

jiggle

did u do mission 8 for collector's catalog yet?
might wanna do that first

and if u want the rare drop, turn that into connoisseur's catalog

iirc
i fought him with both items on
and after around 60 fights
i only got 1 tiara, and 5 crowns
he's quite stingy

darkwings

Banned
jiggle said:
did u do mission 8 for collector's catalog yet?
might wanna do that first

and if u want the rare drop, turn that into connoisseur's catalog

iirc
i fought him with both items on
and after around 60 fights
i only got 1 tiara, and 5 crowns
he's quite stingy

yes i have the connoisseur's catalog equipped

jiggle

darkwings said:
yes i have the connoisseur's catalog equipped

ah
then just gotta keep trying XD

luckily u only need 1 tiara from him
and u get xp items for trying

edit: this is a good pratice on your patience for later on when u need to farm trapz/plat ingots for weapon upgrades XD

Well, I finished the game. The ending was tremendous. Absolutely fucking batshit insanely awesome. I just checked, it looks like Squenix spent 47% of the game's CGI budget just on the ending. :lol

I don't feel so bad about the first 20 hours of boredom now. The second half the game is really quite good. I love how they totally threw the
fake bad ending
right out there after
the 1st Orphan fight
and I admit I was sitting there going, wait, did I fuck that final part up and get the bad ending or something? Then the designers are like "FOOLED YOU! HAD YOU GOING THERE, DIDN'T WE, BITCH?!" and then you did the
2nd Orphan fight
(which is actually the one I'm supposed to get 5 stars on, that's bullshit) and then they just avalanche you in a 20-minute long CGI finale just because THIS IS FINAL FANTASY, BITCHES!! :lol

Okay, well, I'm not sure if I want to tough out the last 3-part final boss fight to watch the ending again anytime soon. Maybe in a couple days.

BeeDog

Yay, just offed the Chapter 11 end(?) boss (
Barthandaleus redux
). He was surprisingly easy after reading what a bitch he is, I guess I was overlevelled. :D

Anyway, figured I should start upgrading some weapons, and wanted to make sure I got everything:

1. The animal parts (upper half of the component list) are low-exp, but increase the Experience Multiplier, right? Then the mechanical parts (middle-bottom half of the component list) decrease the Experience Multiplier, but are high-exp, correct? Am I allowed to use these components however I want, or should I be wary of using some rare-as-hell components?

2. The "-ite" components (that have the description "Used for transformational purposes" or something like that) are ONLY used to transform a fully-upgraded Tier X weapon into a Tier X+1 one, correct? Do they have any use whatsoever other than that?

3. The components at the end of the list that say "Can be sold for a premium", are they used for ANYTHING other than amassing Gil? Or should I sell them off as I please?

Thanks in advance!

I find travelling about in
Gran Pulse
a chore, even with the still slow
Chocobo

So I find the quests annoying how say, you've done one and want to replay it, you'd have to travel back again to find it and then the Mark. Why not just let you select the one you want from the list on the map screen and you go directly to it.

Also the fact you can't fight on the back of the
Chocobo
meaning you have to always get on and off, is tedious.

Also a question about the story. I did give up on the story towards the end, but one thing that stood out which I found quite odd (though maybe missed something?) was when the fake
Sereh
spoke of Lightning's first name but a big deal wasn't made of it with anyone. Considering it was kept a mystery the whole time, I thought something more would have come from that.

gogogow

BigJonsson said:
ROFL @ Orphan's weakness being poison, made the fight a joke once I tried it haha

The ending confused the hell out of me.........ah well, time to do more missions

Well, I haven't finished the game yet, but the story and names are confusing the hell out of me atm, like L'Cie, Fal'Cie, Cie'th, Pulse L'Cie, Eden, Sanctum. I really don't know what's what, who is controlling what. So damn confusing.

Saya

I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I think I am in chapter 3,
the crystal lake area
. And I really like it so far, except for the voice acting of Vanille. I can kinda stand all the other voice actors, but Vanille is just so bad. I actually cringe every time she opens her mouth. Anyway, just wanted to chip in that I think the game is pretty cool except for that part so far. I don't get the story yet, but I'm sure I will understand later. Time for me to avoid this thread again until I've finished the game!

hamchan

I got used to Vanille's voice and am now enjoying her character alot when I initially hated it! I'm surprised at how much better she got.

gogogow

Saya said:
I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I think I am in chapter 3,
the crystal lake area
. And I really like it so far, except for the voice acting of Vanille. I can kinda stand all the other voice actors, but Vanille is just so bad. I actually cringe every time she opens her mouth. Anyway, just wanted to chip in that I think the game is pretty cool except for that part so far. I don't get the story yet, but I'm sure I will understand later. Time for me to avoid this thread again until I've finished the game!
So true, she sounds so horrible. The voice actress is trying really hard to have some British accent in there too. It just sounds so fake and annoying.

Styles

gogogow said:
So true, she sounds so horrible. The voice actress is trying really hard to have some British accent in there too. It just sounds so fake and annoying.

Australian, not British. :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Katana_Strikes said:

I used Fang/Lightning/Hope

I made all their weapons second level, level 25 except Lightning's Lionheart (Level 1 IIRC). I then equipped Lightning with Speed Sash in order to get Random: Instant Stagger. Of course before entering the battle, I used fortisol and ethersol. I also used the COM/COM/MED or COM/COM/RAV strategy.

Anyway, during the battle I got an instant stagger and there you go, I beat the boss in around 10 seconds. :lol

Anyway, how do I beat Mission 55?
Neochu is really hard

gogogow

Vect said:
Australian, not British. :p
I know the voice actress is Australian, but her Vanille's voice sounds British to me or at least trying to sound British. Her real Australian accent sounds nothing like Vanille's.

Pooya

ULTROS! said:
Anyway, how do I beat Mission 55?
Neochu is really hard
use a SEN (preferably Snow, with his Mediguard ability and tons of HP, he rarely needs healing) and Vanille as Sab, use Hope for healing the SEN, use shrouds before the battle to get all the buffs up, equip Vanille witht he weapon that improves debuffing (forgot the name), start the battle, those little guys will attack the SEN, start spamming death at Neochu with Vanille until his dead, then take care of those little guys.
always keep your SEN, those little guys are more dangerous than Neochu really, equip everybody with physical and earth (Neochu used earth attacks IIRC ) resistance accessories, you can finish the battle in less than 4-5 mins and get the 5 stars.

Got my Platinum yesterday, that Treasure Hunter trophy was such bull crap. All the other trophies were fun to get, the TH one equated to me grinding for hours and spending another hour between the Shop/Upgrade screens.

Amazing game, has some issues but I enjoyed it a lot.
ULTROS! said:
I then equipped Lightning with Speed Sash in order to get Random: Instant Stagger.
I think he is meant to be taken down that way, hence his stagger limit being set to lucky 777%.

Zoe

Raw64life said:
Yea, when I said that I meant getting to level 4 on just the 3 main classes everyone starts out with. I just didn't want to spend all my CP getting everyone to level 4 on the 3 main classes and then find out that shortly before the final boss you get expanded to level 5 or something like that.

But why wouldn't you want to get to level 4 on the 3 main classes even if level 5 is coming right up? Even if you don't regularly use one of the other roles, you've got all of the stat upgrades in there.

Pooya

800px-Flying-Lightning.jpg

Anyone has the complete version of this art? I remember it was bigger, thanks.

darkwings said:
i havent even got his rare drop yet

Remember:
- you need 3 stars for normal rare drop rate.
- You can't get a rare drop (tiara) if you get less than 3 stars.
- finishing the battle with a 5 stars ranking applies a 5x rare drop rate bonus.

I just did 12 battles (5 stars) and I got
- 3 crowns
- 1 tiara

with connoisseur's catalog equipped.

It's easier and cheaper to get sprint shoes from tiara*'s.

ULTROS!

miladesn said:
use a SEN (preferably Snow, with his Mediguard ability and tons of HP, he rarely needs healing) and Vanille as Sab, use Hope for healing the SEN, use shrouds before the battle to get all the buffs up, equip Vanille witht he weapon that improves debuffing (forgot the name), start the battle, those little guys will attack the SEN, start spamming death at Neochu with Vanille until his dead, then take care of those little guys.
always keep your SEN, those little guys are more dangerous than Neochu really, equip everybody with physical and earth (Neochu used earth attacks IIRC ) resistance accessories, you can finish the battle in less than 4-5 mins and get the 5 stars.

Guess I'll be using the party that I don't use. :lol

This game is becoming difficult to play as I'm finding myself having less and less time to play games lately. I'm in the
tower
in chapter 11 doing the first batch of missions. How much longer would you say I have in the tower? In chapter 11/until the end of the game? I'm going to need some motivation to play this in small bits.

Ricker

Main game done,clocked in at 70 hours,loved the game...is there a nice 720p version of the recap video that plays when the credit roll somewhere,I want to see that fullscreen on my HDTV,very nicely done with the theme playing and all.

Ricker

Scythesurge said:
This game is becoming difficult to play as I'm finding myself having less and less time to play games lately. I'm in the
tower
in chapter 11 doing the first batch of missions. How much longer would you say I have in the tower? In chapter 11/until the end of the game? I'm going to need some motivation to play this in small bits.

The tower is quite long,if you do the missions in there and the rest of the area`s also,chapter 12 is kinda big also,if you do each fight at least once...I would say about 10 hours minimum.

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Unknown Soldier said:
and then you did the
2nd Orphan fight
(which is actually the one I'm supposed to get 5 stars on, that's bullshit) .

I actually got that trophy on my first go..without knowing about the trophy or trying :/

I've got a question about the big enemies in Chapter 11. After beating the final chap 11 boss, I backtracked to the steppe to do some more missions. I just unlocked the ability to
ride chocobos
. My daughter saw that huge turtle thing that is guarding the treasure sphere over by the north side of the steppe. She wanted me to fight it and so I did, knowing that I would get my ass handed to me. Well, I actually beat the thing!

Now, it is big like the things wandering the steppe but it looks a little different. How difficult are the large ones roaming the steppe as compared to the guy I just beat?

For the record I didn't have to spam death or anything, I just kept staggering it and hacking away. It almost killed my entire party several times, but I was able to hold it together.

on another note, I wish people were better at using spoiler tags. I hate seeing things like "OMG I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW. I JUST FOUGHT
KEFKA
AND HE TOTALLY
KILLED AERIS RIGHT IN THE FACE
!!!!!

You give absolutely NO indicators as to what kind of spoiler it is, so you have people like me that are far in the game but haven't beaten it that end up getting spoiled, or you get people that are early in the game but whatever you're describing sounds like something they just encountered and they REALLY get spoiled. I mean, is it so hard to preface a spoiler tag with the chapter you're in? Or at the very least, what TYPE of spoiler it is? Jesus.

Zoe

DigitalDevil said:
Now, it is big like the things wandering the steppe but it looks a little different. How difficult are the large ones roaming the steppe as compared to the guy I just beat?

Those low level ones aren't that hard to beat. You need to watch out for the ones with the seat on top of them and chains on their legs. They are much more difficult and can't be beaten without the death trick or a summon at first.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, jsut bought the PS3 version of FFXIII. Where is this promo code for the online beta? I got a product registration card, is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom