• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Nethaniah

Is it wrong that the 720p looks totally acceptable on my monitor? Like, it doesnt look blurry, its not having alot of aliasing - either I got a magic copy or this game looks way better in 720p than pretty much any other 720p game I've seen.

They turned you, traitor.

Irobot82

My AMD card seemed to be downclocking, too. I was getting 30FPS just running around, even with everything cranked up in CCC.

Switched Supersampling off and turned Multisampling on, now it runs ~60FPS. Much nicer, and especially with the forced AA/AF.

It's a start, at least.

Also, try turning on ULPS and it should run full clock.

So yeah, I already had set "prefer maximum performance" globally in my control panel, set it for FF13 specifically, still getting dips all over.

Edit: There's already an update? That was weird. quit the game to switch to windowed mode, and it told me that there was an update to download. 0 bytes though...

Tizoc

Moms are tough? What the hell happened to SE?

The japanese line went something like this IIRC:
"Women are weak, but mothers are strong"
It's become a meme now, should've just had Hope's mom say something normally re-assuring than that ish.

Mohasus

Shit, I was rushing through the game but then I remembered that I have to fight things to scan them for the beastiary. :(

I'll start again once Durante releases the fix.

MayMay

Banned
They turned you, traitor.

I'm so sorry lol, but I'm genuinely surprised. Like.. what the hell. I wouldnt be able to tell its not 1080p if it werent for the ugly blurry Steam overlay D:

What are they doing with me - I hope that game didnt contain some sort of console peasant poison. I'm usually really sensitive to that kind of stuff.

kiyomi

Yeh this framerate fluctuation I have no idea what is doing it now, mutisampling on the highest settings and nothing.

My settings, for reference:

izl0pYMyXx13K.png

What card do you have?

Nethaniah

I'm so sorry lol, but I'm genuinely surprised. Like.. what the hell. I wouldnt be able to tell its not 1080p if it werent for the ugly blurry Steam overlay D:

What are they doing with me - I hope that game didnt contain some sort of console peasant poison.

I have to agree though, besides the steam overlay stuff it does look decent for 720p, still would not play it like this.

Jisgsaw

I remember getting really upset when this happened in the game lol

Like...seriously? Who wrote that?!

Yeah seriously...
He wrote Mums wrong.

I'm eagerly awating the mods that gives you full control over hte battle system from the beginning, if it comes one day, that could be fun.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I remember getting really upset when this happened in the game lol

Like...seriously? Who wrote that?!
99% of the dialog in this game is fucking terrible. Even Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and He-Man had better writing. It's like they couldn't trust their audience to read between the lines, so they beat us over the head with everything.

Snow is supposed to represent the typical hero trope? Have him literally yell "I'm the hero!" every time he opens his mouth.

Hope is dealing with
the death of his mother and his anger toward Snow?
Have him mope and whine in every scene he's in.

Party is conflicted on what their focus is and whether they should obey it? Make sure they wonder out loud at every single opportunity.

Still a fun game but holy crap is the writing cringe-worthy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HALP!

Game looks very nice but it's basically NEVER 60fps, not even in battles... What can I do? Disabling _everything_ doesn't change anything...

Settings:

ibyheAduiBVbPZ.png

Specs:

8GB RAM
i5 750 2.67GHz (4CPUs)
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Is my computer just too shit for this game?

orochi91

99% of the dialog in this game is fucking terrible. Even Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and He-Man had better writing. It's like they couldn't trust their audience to read between the lines, so they beat us over the head with everything.

Snow is supposed to represent the typical hero trope? Have him literally yell "I'm the hero!" every time he opens his mouth.

Hope is dealing with
the death of his mother and his anger toward Snow?
Have him mope and whine in every scene he's in.

Party is conflicted on what their focus is and whether they should obey it? Make sure they wonder out loud at every single opportunity.

Still a fun game but holy crap is the writing cringe-worthy.

The dialogue is literally my only issue with the game D:

It's a localization problem, the actual Japanese translation are way more tolerable than
whatever the localization team came up with. They went totally ham.

HALP!

Game looks very nice but it's basically NEVER 60fps, not even in battles... What can I do? Disabling _everything_ doesn't change anything...

Settings:

ibyheAduiBVbPZ.png

Specs:

8GB RAM
i5 750 2.67GHz (4CPUs)
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

I've heard switching the power management mode to prefer maximum performance helped some people. Isn't working for me though. I had it set to that from the beginning and still am getting dips.

Faustek

HALP!

Settings:

ibyheAduiBVbPZ.png

Specs:

8GB RAM
i5 750 2.67GHz (4CPUs)
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Dude...come on now change your language preference to English :D

Fake edit: oh and no, you're computer doesn't suck but this is a shoddy port in more ways than one :(

Top Bottom