• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Tizoc

Again, I'm not sure why people expected otherwise. Especially if they looked at other FF PC ports.

Honestly I was just expecting 60 FPS, resolution didn't bother me much.

Called it. The lack of media before release made me suspicious, and yep, it's a dogshit port. GG Square.

Based on the various impressions I've read, that's not really the case.

Guess I'll start downloading this sucker once I get home, then transfer it to my new 2 TB HDD on Saturday and try it out before applying Durante's upcoming fix.

Again, I'm not sure why people expected otherwise. Especially if they looked at other FF PC ports.

i kept hearing IT WAS DEVELOPED FOR PCs FIRST

and i was like, yeah, every single game starts on a PC. that's normal

Then it was IT WAS DEVELOPED FOR CLOUD STREAMING SERVICE IT HAS TO BE GOOD ON PC

and i was like, those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, heck nothing about that means that they're making an good PC port, just that they're making it work on PCs.

but yeah, this isn't shocking. It goes in the same basket that dark souls and deadly premonition are in, where they wait(ed) for great fans to fix this half assed work.

I got to the part where Snow is.

I didn't remember you couldn't grind in this game. I tried restarting the game after saving so I could fight the same enemies again. But they didn't reappear. I guess I just have to go forward.

When can I start grinding for things?

TheTux

Lol guys check out the cards.

As I feared they are garbage like IV and this time they are also troll cards designed by Toriyama himself.

The card names are Bahamut, Bodhum, Eden, GranPulse, Nautilus and Race (yeah I know retarded/random card names) and they all show a picture of Lightning AHAHHAHAHAH.

Dizzy-4U

gMO2jWa.gif
Haha, this is great.

Tizoc

Locked to 720p, framerate issues, pixelated shadows. Quality port.

Some were still able to get consistent 60 FPS.
I play with shadows at low resolution in just about EVERY game I play anyway.
I don't mind playing games on Windowed mode. I played FF4 3D for like 10+ hours, game looks like a stretched out NDS game, but I still enjoyed playing it.

Zafir

I didn't remember you couldn't grind in this game. I tried restarting the game after saving so I could fight the same enemies again. But they didn't reappear. I guess I just have to go forward.

Well, you can't really grind until end game. Every chapter you get a lock of how far you can travel through the crystarium or whaever it is called.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did you try this, it worked for me.
It's still chuggy... but the 60fps is there... at times...

fuck I hate you so much Square

At this point this is a slightly better looking FFXIII on a smaller monitor

I am so angry right now

Hikami

Lol guys check out the cards.

As I feared they are garbage like IV and this time they are also troll cards designed by Toriyama himself.

The card names are Bahamut, Bodhum, Eden, GranPulse, Nautilus and Race (yeah I know retarded/random card names) and they all show a picture of Lightning AHAHHAHAHAH.

Click on them, it'll show you the full image then the names make sense.
I agree they could've been better though..

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
i kept hearing IT WAS DEVELOPED FOR PCs FIRST

and i was like, yeah, every single game starts on a PC. that's normal

Then it was IT WAS DEVELOPED FOR CLOUD STREAMING SERVICE IT HAS TO BE GOOD ON PC

and i was like, those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, heck nothing about that means that they're making an good PC port, just that they're making it work on PCs.

but yeah, this isn't shocking. It goes in the same basket that dark souls and deadly premonition are in, where they wait(ed) for great fans to fix this half assed work.

Right. I suspect the same will happen with the other two. The main reason these are even coming to Steam is because SE already quick ported them for their tablet/TV streaming services.

Faustek

Not really worth grinding until later in the game...way later.
But as soon as you make it out to the Archylte Steppe(Gran Pulse, when the game actually opens up a bit.) you can do various SM's and see if that does it for you.

hmm, wait what? Which game is that from.
Stupid me...I read the file name after -.-

TheTux

Click on them, they show you the full image.

Ok now that I know that I'll consider them 10% less garbage.

Still troll and stupid cards thuogh. Why couldn't they just make one card for character? Why do they have to make stupid cards like "Race".

Foffy

Banned

30 hours into the game.

VII, VIII, XI all allowed for playing at significantly higher resolutions than the console originals. XIV wasn't a port. III and IV 3D were ported from Android which already allowed various resolutions.

blado

I'm having trouble with my controller randomly scrolling through everything on the main menu. It only stops scrolling once I unplug it. I tested and it works fine in every other game. I'm using an xbox 360 controller.

Jinroh

It's still chuggy... but the 60fps is there... at times...

fuck I hate you so much Square

At this point this is a slightly better looking FFXIII on a smaller monitor

I am so angry right now
Same here. In battle it's between 30 and 60 fps, even in max performance mode. Then when I walk around it's 60 fps but still stutters for some reason. It doesn't look smooth at all, even though I use g-sync.

Galava

So you'd consider PC versions of all games to be re-masters, provided they're of acceptable quality? I can play Games from 2006 at 1080p, release year has nothing to do with it.
ofc they need to give us option to choose the resolution, apart from that we can't ask for much.

Mkilbride

Banned
Every other FF game on PC supports resolutions of any er, resolution, evenm the old 1997 port of FF7 runs @ 2560 x 1440p without any mods.

Skyzard

Banned
I read on this thread the next two games don't have as much prerecorded cutscenes and it's moslty in-game so we won't have the same trouble.

Top Bottom