• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Skyzard

Banned
8x supersampling + 8x MSAA is pretty alright

Is this how you set that option? Including the transparency multisampling option?

ZPcl8dV.png

Confusing with how many options and combinations there are, thanks.

Nevadatan

You can't program without metal. Some people think they can, but they're just fooling themselves.

Durante~senpai is on it. yes yes...theres hope! BELIEVE!

man. i had this feeling early on the morning... now its true. too sad atfer this backlash there would be no more FF on PC.

Last set of shots.

Still messing with the settings, haven't found anything that clicks.

iA1CZUQ9hBBjv.jpg

iRtWgqwuToacv.jpg

The disparity between the faces and hands really weirds me out.

iqxj87DAXOJu4.jpg

This shot desperately cries out for a much higher resolution.

iGyen3CVBLu0X.jpg

Durante

What's the tune Durante? Sounds familiar but I can't place it.
I'm not sure right now, but I was listening to the album "Barrage am Ring 1" at that point, which is just rad all around.

Edit:
In case anyone is wondering, I'm getting random crashes when screenshotting right now, and obviously I can't leave it like that since that's the main point of the game :p
Could take a while to figure out.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Why does this look so good, while only being 720p? This res looks like absolute blurry/fuzzy crap on my laptop's screen, in every other game I test, while FFXIII looks pretty dang clear.

It's weird.

yaesir

It looks like i'll be waiting for the Halloween or Christmas/new year's sale from the look of this.

Not much of a problem since i'll have more time to play it then, smash dominating my 3DS atm lol.

Xyber

I'm not sure right now, but I was listening to the album "Barrage am Ring 1" at that point, which is just rad all around.

Can we expect a release of the fix today? Seems to be working pretty good in your video.

Edit: Ah, just saw you edit. Hope you can figure it out.

kiyomi

Why does this look so good, while only being 720p? This res looks like absolute blurry/fuzzy crap on my laptop's screen, in every other game I test, while FFXIII looks pretty dang clear.

It's weird.

I mean, it was a good looking game when it came out..

MayMay

Banned

It's weird.

RIGHT??

I wrote the exact same thing a while ago. Its odd how good this looks for a 720p game.

kick51

Banned
I'm getting 60fps in the field, 30fps in battles now.

I'm on a gtx 570. yes, high performance mode and AA/AF forced.

Maybe the resolution fix will make my GPU wake the fuck up? lol

It's weird.

It was designed to look good at 720p is why - Square is really good at working within technical limitations, and they made their textures and effects specifically for 720p and GPU's that couldn't handle very high resolution textures. Which is why this resolution thing, while stupid, isn't really all that horrible.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I mean, it was a good looking game when it came out..

I'm not talking about the graphics, I'm referring to how poor every other game I have looks, when running below my screen's native resolution. Example: Just tried Borderlands 2 at 720p, and the shimmering is ridiculously ugly, yet there's none of that in FFXIII.

RIGHT??

I wrote the exact same thing a while ago. Its odd how good this looks for a 720p game.

Ikr?

Escape to quit the game is killing me, it's my go to "get me the fuck out of this menu" button in almost every game.

THIS IS PISSING ME OFF

Serandur

Forgive me, I've been busy and not following the thread so I'd like to ask if XIII supports resolutions higher than 1280x720? What about over 30 FPS? Thanks.

Xyber

I actually like that it is so easy to quit the game. But the exit prompt should show up in fullscreen as well, it's just weird how it isn't right now.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I can't even launch the game on Windows 8.1. It just crashes before even starting. I left it preloading, so I'm verifying the files right now... but it takes a shitload of time to verify 50GB of data.

Nethaniah

Forgive me, I've been busy and not following the thread so I'd like to ask if XIII supports resolutions higher than 1280x720? What about over 30 FPS? Thanks.

-Locked @ 720p
-Cappped @ 60fps, some people say it can drop in battle
-Cutscenes worse than the ones from the ps3 version.

I actually like that it is so easy to quit the game. But the exit prompt should show up in fullscreen as well, it's just weird how it isn't right now.

Probably because in windowed mode it's an external menu, not an in-game one.

Thank you and just texture filtering after that?

No Antialiasing compatibility bits needed?

Yup. I would imagine that a better result could be found (for SGSSAA), but this took me two seconds. Bits take loads of testing. I think 8x supersampling + 32x CSAA worked too, but it was kinda blurry.

Top Bottom