• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, need get some sleep!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the Mumble chat for being so nice and welcome. It was cool seeing you in game finally too, Strawberry/Android Candy! Shanoa will be back before long xD

Lumine

So jealous of people playing.
My 1.0 retail copy doesn't give me early access I don't think. Not even sure where I need to register my key to be honest.
I'm also trying to hunt down an early access code. Someone might be selling one somewhere. However I'm starting to see reports of people saying that SE has run of early access keys completely. Meaning even if I'd manage to get my hands on an early access key, it would be too late and it wouldn't work anymore?
Now I have noticed that SE gives the option for 1.0 users to upgrade to the ARR CE. I can't find where to do this though and if it would give me early access or not.

Sigh, I want to play sooo badly. :(

Qvoth

I honestly have no idea, but that's definitely what seems to be implied by that image and what I'm reading on the forums.

oh, then i think you're mistaken, it should still be 2 classes and 3rd class skills usable but not required

_woLf

oh, then i think you're mistaken, it should still be 2 classes and 3rd class skills usable but not required

But if that is the case, is either of the two alternate classes acceptable to reach the job? Or is one required over the other?

Thoraxes

Of course, but it's showing 0/8. T__T

At this point in the game... I'd reload and/or disable any peerblocker or similar programs.

I know Peerblocker prevented my characters from showing up.

And yes, with those you can still connect to the game, but your characters will not show up. Same goes for firewall allowances.

Karuto

At this point in the game... I'd reload and/or disable any peerblocker or similar programs.

I know Peerblocker prevented my characters from showing up.

I've reloaded the game a few times and I don't use Peerblocker. It's not showing up on Lodestone, either.

Vashetti

Banned
wtf, SE are stupid.

"Impish Implications" quest.

Need to kill 4 imps, only two or three spawn in the area.

Cue 20 players standing around waiting for enemies to kill, and as soon as one spawns they all swarm on it

What's the point? It doesn't make the quest difficult it just makes it irritating

Eusis

wtf, SE are stupid.

Cue 20 players standing around waiting for enemies to kill, and as soon as one spawns they all swarm on it

What's the point? It doesn't make the quest difficult it just makes it irritating
It'll probably be OK when the game's been out a year, a few months, even a few weeks, but when most players are at the level for doing that... yeah, it's not going to be pretty.

Sometimes duties let you fight them though as I recall.

Lumine

Anyone have an extra early access code they'd be willing to sell to me? I'm getting desperate! Not sure why I waited until the very last moment, appparently plenty of early access codes were being sold everywhere a few days ago for cheap. :/

TheContact

Ahh I wanted to wake up at 5am but slept for an hour and a half extra...have to go to work soon =(

Deleted my lvl 15 and made a new character, a Lancer this time

wtf, SE are stupid.

It'll probably be OK when the game's been out a year, a few months, even a few weeks, but when most players are at the level for doing that... yeah, it's not going to be pretty.

Sometimes duties let you fight them though as I recall.

That sucks... I wonder if it'll be like that for most of the quests where you have to kill [x] amount of enemies? Just standing around waiting for enemies to spawn with other players won't be fun.

Bashtee

That sucks... I wonder if it'll be like that for most of the quests where you have to kill [x] amount of enemies? Just standing around waiting for enemies to spawn with other players won't be fun.

2 things you can do:

1. Party.
2. Just attack the mob from someone else. You will get the item/kill too (at least I did, if I dealt enough damage).

Kokonoe

Banned
Woo! Redeemed my mog cap. There should be some kind of mog cap master race going on, only mog caps get invited. Oh, and if you have any FF13 clothes on, you don't get invited.

So I've made two new characters for launch (one solo, one party) instead of rockin' my P4 or Legacy.

Sessun Andara (Lancer) Going for Dragoon
ffxiv_24082013_110236_zps40267411.png

Lisie Valtaire (Thurmatauge) Going for maybe Summoner
ffxiv_24082013_113434_zpsa49b6cfe.png

Feel free to add me/LS me!
Won't be on until tonight though :(

TheContact

Feels good to take an RPG slow. All the other MMOs I've played I've rushed through and skipped the dialogue/quests

Dumb question but forgot how to screenshot on PC and how to hide HUD. Also where do I retrieve it? Pictures?

Kokonoe

Banned
Feels good to take an RPG slow. All the other MMOs I've played I've rushed through and skipped the dialogue/quests

Yep. The MMO isn't going anywhere, no point in playing it like a fiend with an addiction. I use to do that, and I recently started playing MMOs slower and found much more enjoyment out of them when I'm patient.

Qvoth

But if that is the case, is either of the two alternate classes acceptable to reach the job? Or is one required over the other?

it's not either or
if you wanna become bard, just level archer to 30 and either level pugilist or lancer to 15
i say either or because nobody knows for 100% sure what the requirement is, but it's almost definitely going to be one of those 2, so if you know what the 2nd requirement is, go level that one

the 3rd class (either pugilist or lancer depending on which one is not chosen for the requirement of bard) is just for some bonus usable skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom