• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

Taking a break for now. I need to hunt down the last mob for the hunting log, it was hidden. I have like two bars of rest exp.

Epcott

Am I going crazy, or are those who joined during beta all knocked back to level 1 for most or all classes?

Edit: Duh, never-mind... my mistake.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Go study Trojita, remember the first rule of playing a MMORPG is that Real Life always comes first, the game will be here waiting and it can be your reward for passing your CISSP certification!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh snap, I better call Hashirama.

zvOi1fL.png

Zakkath

Server locked, refresh every 3 minute until we decide to let you play with your friends...

GG Square ! 8 servers are already locked to new characters...

Doodlebug

Ok I'm in now! If anyone's still seeing an empty EU/NA server list, try completely shutting the program down and going through character creation (import) again. That seemed to kick start it for me.

Anyway the name's Auli Oxen. I'm still toying with settings and getting used to the controls but I'll figure out how to contact a LS member soon!

Lumine

My god I can't believe this, after so many hours and spending extra money I got my hands on a code!

"The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. "

Goddamnit SE that can't be right, they're supposed to be both EU!

What can I do? :(

Khrno

My god I can't believe this, after so many hours and spending extra money I got my hands on a code!

"The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. "

Goddamnit SE that can't be right, they're supposed to be both EU!

What can I do? :(

Spend more extra money!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Does the duty finder work on a server by server bases or does it pool people from all the servers?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My disk copy of Final Fantasy XIV just arrived, seems you do get free 30 days.

Meteorain

Hey guys, just bought the pre-order for the game off GMG. Just a quick question though.

I've set up my account and what not, and obviously I've received a link for the download. Now the ffxivsetup.exe you get asks for a region to install. I registered as an EU, and am in the EU, but wish to play on NA servers with some friends. Do I have to install it as an NA or will EU suffice and I can play wherever I want?

Hey guys, just bought the pre-order for the game off GMG. Just a quick question though.

I've set up my account and what not, and obviously I've received a link for the download. Now the ffxivsetup.exe you get asks for a region to install. I registered as an EU, and am in the EU, but wish to play on NA servers with some friends. Do I have to install it as an NA or will EU suffice and I can play wherever I want?

You're free to choose whatever server you like. There are no limitations based on your region.

Uthred

All the EU servers seem to be closed for new character creation so ended up making a character on Ultros

Edit: Any way to increase UI size?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I have no idea. I don't have this game, so I have no context. Are you able to play on any server in the world cross-platform, PC & PS3 together?

Edit: partially answered.
The PS3 version has the exact same launcher and drop down box for language. Also, none of the servers are region or platform locked so you can play on whichever you like regardless of language you choose. However, there are 'recommended' servers for each region (helps with raid scheduling etc due to time zones) but I've seen players from all countries on multiple servers. The game also has a translation tool with set phrases for dungeon party work, trading, etc.

Oh crap how much bad luck can I have? I carved and preordered the PS3 version from Amazon so I have it should ever something happen to my PC and was happily waiting for my early access code but it wasn't meant to happen...

I use my ISPs email for Amazon and wondered why I didn't get any mail, well turns out my ISP disables email addresses that weren't used for 90 days and even though they can enable it again all mails sent previously are lost so whatever early access code Amazon sent me is now lost in the nothing... :(

Oh crap how much bad luck can I have? I carved and preordered the PS3 version from Amazon so I have it should ever something happen to my PC and was happily waiting for my early access code but it wasn't meant to happen...

I use my ISPs email for Amazon and wondered why I didn't get any mail, well turns out my ISP disables email addresses that weren't used for 90 days and even though they can enable it again all mails sent previously are lost so whatever early access code Amazon sent me is now lost in the nothing... :(

Not 100% sure but I believe somewhere on your Amazon account you can view the order and it will have the code listed. At least that's what I've heard. Might be worth looking around on there for something.

Or worst case scenario you could try explaining your situation to support and see if they can help you.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
How will Ultros be for a an EU player? I'll only be able to play in evenings, will it be a ghost town? Will latency be a problem playing on a US server?

Khrno

How will Ultros be for a an EU player? I'll only be able to play in evenings, will it be a ghost town? Will latency be a problem playing on a US server?

All NA/EU servers are hosted in Canada, latency will be the same on any of them, the latency is great so you shouldn't have lag anyway.

And there seems to be quite a lot of EU GAF members going to Ultros so you shouldn't have any problems, unless they stop playing.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
All NA/EU servers are hosted in Canada, latency will be the same on any of them, the latency is great so you shouldn't have lag anyway.

And there seems to be quite a lot of EU GAF members going to Ultros so you shouldn't have any problems, unless they stop playing.
Cool, I'll jump on there later. Am excite.

Salaadin

Anyone not get their early access items? Moogle doenst have them and logging doesnt help.

The only thing I can think of is, because Im Legacy and already got early access, that the code from Amazon didnt work.

Not 100% sure but I believe somewhere on your Amazon account you can view the order and it will have the code listed. At least that's what I've heard. Might be worth looking around on there for something.

Or worst case scenario you could try explaining your situation to support and see if they can help you.

Oh seriously? D: Thanks for the help but now my bad luck continues, I figured since if I don't get a early access code I might aswell not preorder it at all and canceled the order... =_= Fate seems to want me to wait for Tuesday it seems :p

Coldsun

Banned
Anyone not get their early access items? Moogle doenst have them and logging doesnt help.

The only thing I can think of is, because Im Legacy and already got early access, that the code from Amazon didnt work.

Wait until the official launch for your items.

BooJoh

I left off having just hit 20 and met the Scions in phase 4. Now I'm up to the point where I need to choose a Grand Company, but I have no idea what to base my decision on.

Housing areas? Nation colors? Which zones I'll be grinding seals in?

Anyone else have a problem on PS3 where their target seems to randomly change? I'm in the Gridania mission against the trees at the stump, but every time I attack it switches back to targeting the little guy again instead of the enemy... this happens in a lot of battles where my character changes target at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom