• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifon

Yes it's been changed to Archer + Pugilist. Conjurer was the old requirement, like Pug was for Dragoon (it's Marauder now).

Damn, there goes a good few hours of my beta weekend last week. Seems pretty stupid considering what a Bard actually is - the combo of Archer / Conj makes much more sense.

Adeptrain

So,
for those of you that ordered through the Square Enix store (like me), here what I did to find my serial #. Essentially, you need to look up your order history.

Of course, being Square Enix, they make this a pain. Such a pain that I still have no idea how to access the order history page via their website. Instead, I used Google and put in "Square Enix Order History". The first link sent me to a page asking for

Order # & Password

or

Email and last 5 digits of your credit card. I did the 5 digit cc.

Anyway, this will give you an order history, on the history there was a early access code and a serial code. I put this serial code into Mog gathering and got it to work. Sorry for the long explanation.

KuroNeeko

Annoyingly, to take a screenshot on PS3, you have to hold L1 and then press Start. The only problem with that is when you try to take a shot of your stats page, it begins flicking through the tabs. Dat timing!

How is the frame rate in the ps3 version? Are models disappearing in instances and fate events?

Does anyone know where I can some prepaid time cards for NA? Would like to get my vet rewards right now.

Are we supposed to get them right away? I just updated my account information on the Mogstation site and it says I have no veteran rewards.

Also, I created 3 characters in 3 different servers so far, but why does Mogstation only list 1 of them?

Giggzy

Who is playing in sarg that can get me into Red Dot? I've messaged people in game for two days now and everyone is either idle or ignoring me =( my name is Nebula Starshine

Had fun doing a dungeon a couple times with Captain Basch!
from Dalmasca!

Good times. We had a great party. Made my impressions of my first dungeon awesome.

twelver

So am I supposed to get another email from amazon with actual CD-key/Serial in it?? Haven't gotten anything so far, just an email stating that my game is available and my cc has been charged..

Lord Phol

Damn, there goes a good few hours of my beta weekend last week. Seems pretty stupid considering what a Bard actually is - the combo of Archer / Conj makes much more sense.

Yeah I did the same thing, leveled pug instead of war >>. But at least you get some cross-skills that could prove useful.

So am I supposed to get another email from amazon with actual CD-key/Serial in it?? Haven't gotten anything so far, just an email stating that my game is available and my cc has been charged..

You have to go into your Amazon account and check your order - the code will be there. I just did it a few minutes ago.

So,
for those of you that ordered through the Square Enix store (like me), here what I did to find my serial #. Essentially, you need to look up your order history.
Thanks, I was waiting for an email but the code was in the order history.

Now, I'm all set. I got the serial numbers for the 4 copies I bought for me and my friends, and two of us already registered. Now we just need the servers to let me in tonight so I can grind the 3 levels I need to reach 20 and get my Coeurl.

Rektash

No one an idea what is wrong with one time passwords? I'd really like to login again to like ... play the game? Secutiry token has been successfully registered. Everytime I try to login with a secutiry token password pretty much nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. It just reloads the login page. Now if I try with my old password I am beeing told that I input a wrong password.

Basically when i JUST enter my account name and nothing else, no normal password AND no one time password, the same happens -> nothing.

Got the collectors edition delivered today. I don't have to use the security token, right? My account is plenty secure for me and I don't like the sound of these people getting locked out.

Ken

Would it be smart to pick up a craft vocation early on? Currently level 11 and just stumbled into the craft guild quests like being a miner or goldsmith. What would be a helpful one for pugilist?

desverger

Would it be smart to pick up a craft vocation early on? Currently level 11 and just stumbled into the craft guild quests like being a miner or goldsmith. What would be a helpful one for pugilist?

Leatherworker, Miner and Goldsmith probably. Goldsmith makes fist weapons for PUGs.

Omnicent

icKFRFJpyXykJ.gif

Depends what you want to do with your crafting? Are you planning on just leveling PGL or other classes as well?
Because PGL/MNK is a light armor class you will want Leatherworker at a minimum. As far as gathering you will want to
take up both MIN and BTN. Some of the armor you will make via leather needs raw materials from both (level them up depending on what you want to make).

You will probably want to look into leveling other crafts such as weaver and some form of smithing to make ingots which you will probably need later.

I'm kind of doing the same as you, but I'm leveling just about every craft to gear out even my classes that are just for cross-class skill.
If/when I can get the selling of armor on the market going I will be well off (Hopefully in a few days I will be able to start up shop, though I expect it to be very rough at first).

TnK

GAF I have a major issue. I had a US account and pre ordered a UK based FFXIV game. I got my pre order code and entered it in my US account. It worked, and code has been redeemed, but when you take out the other code, it says the region is invalid. Reason that I have a US account is because my friend made the account for me. Long story.

So the question is, how can I apply the same pre order to the UK account I have made, even though it has been redeemed? And, why is the SE system so stupid that it does not tell me from the beginning that the code shouldn't work as it is a US account and the code is UK?
I want the caith sith and mog hats =(

Thanks.

Anyone? Please? Help?

Bazza

Missed it because I'm awful, thanks!

Edit: How does skipping cutscenes work? Recreated my character on a second server and there's a skip button for some of the videos but it doesn't work.....it just drags when I try to use it.

easy to miss there is alot of info in those 2 posts.

managed to skip the opening cut scene last night, i clicked on it a few time then got a little disappointed it wouldn't work then hit ESC and i got a message asking to confirm i wanted to skip.

TnK

The redeemed code is gone for good. GAF is no longer the place to seek advice, you need to take up the issue with the Square technical support people (who have their hands probably very full as is).

I have a feeling talking to them will get me into trouble. Main question will be "Why do you have a US account if you live in an EU region?"

What are the main bonuses anyways? The hat and cait sith? They wroth it compared to the CE bonuses?

hank_tree

I have a feeling talking to them will get me into trouble. Main question will be "Why do you have a US account if you live in an EU region?"

What are the main bonuses anyways? The hat and cait sith? They wroth it compared to the CE bonuses?

The Moogle hat and the CE Helm of Light give the same bonuses. Both are only useful at very low levels.

If you are like me you will use the minion once and then never use it again. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Can we sign up for subscriptions yet? I'm excited to get veteran rewards.

I signed up for the 90-day sub on the Mogstation site and didn't get any veteran rewards. It says I won't be billed for the 90-day sub until September 28th. I guess the free month thing is the reason why I won't get my veteran rewards until then.

Rektash

I am so fucking mad right now, why can NOTHING with this game just work?
Took days to register early access, was barely able to play in phase 4 or early access and now I can't freaking log into my account anymore because something has gone wrong with the security token (It registered perfectly fine).

Ordered the digital download from gamestop. Got my first code. Entered it. Got my registration code. Entered it in the launcher: "The entered code is not valid".

god
fucking
damn it square enix.

Dunno if you've had this fixed already, but just in case:

Make sure you enter everything in ALL CAPS. Yeah when I got my replacement code for EA, I was on the phone with CS from Square. I entered the code he gave me, and it didn't work. Turns out that their servers don't automatically put everything in caps, stupid, but true. Maybe this is fixed by now, but I kinda doubt it. Something to try for anyone who is having issues with their code.

glaurung

I signed up for the 90-day sub on the Mogstation site and didn't get any veteran rewards. It says I won't be billed for the 90-day sub until September 28th. I guess the free month thing is the reason why I won't get my veteran rewards until then.
I thought that the veteran rewards unlock based on the actual passage of the required time. That is also why veteran rank 5 rewards are tied into a future patch.

Animal

Banned
So are people enjoying this game after getting through all the launch issues?

I am on the fence about going out and buying this.

TnK

The Moogle hat and the CE Helm of Light give the same bonuses. Both are only useful at very low levels.

If you are like me you will use the minion once and then never use it again. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Hmm. that is really good to know then.

Also, anyone have a pic of a male miqo'te in a mog hat? Really curious to see how it looks like.

erawsd

Nah, it makes perfect sense. ARR's Bard is not much of a support class. With the way spells have been re balanced CNJ sub would be worthless for Bard; PLD's are having that very issue because CNJ "made sense" lore-wise, but not mechanically.

Jarnet87

So Gaf is now on Ultros instead of Tonberry? Why the switch? Also does the server select screen tell you what region the servers are in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom