• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teletraan1

Banned
My Hunting Log is broken now. Nothing new opening up on 2 classes when I finish a rank including the GC log. I put in a ticket. Anyone else getting this?

SLV

265idmh.png

WHY !

Kyari

Ran the level 20 Ifrit fight last night and that was awesome. As a tank that AoE damage thing was super intense, it did so much damage. But a super fun fight.

How are the servers doing today?

Have they said when and how they will handle character transfers? Want to play on Ultros for now but I have a friend who plays on a legacy server with his guild. It currently says they aren't allowed but is that forever?

Ken

What are the quests that are red instead of green? I'm guessing "key quests" since they have a key next to them? Are they hard?

Ah nevermind, they're level locked.

Have they said when and how they will handle character transfers? Want to play on Ultros for now but I have a friend who plays on a legacy server with his guild. It currently says they aren't allowed but is that forever?

This is from the Mogstation site (in maintenance right now):

"If you find yourself unable to play with friends because they're on a different World, please consider using our World transfer service.

* World transfer service is scheduled to begin mid-September. An announcement will be made on The Lodestone at that time."

What are the quests that are red instead of green? I'm guessing "key quests" since they have a key next to them? Are they hard?

I believe if it's red then that means you don't meet the level requirement for the quest.

glaurung

IIRC the legacy guys cannot transfer over to the new worlds for another 30 days.

desverger

You need to press the button with the ARR logo and + on it and enter your game activation code in the following page.

I have the strangest feeling that I did something similar over the weekend, but when I looked the mog station today it looked similar and said I only have 3 days on my account.

After I entered the game activation code it added 30 days to my account. You also get the option to setup a sub and upgrade to CE when you do.

Anteater

My extremely bad luck friend got to log on and play today and finished his instances, the server must've gotten better.

I haven't gotten disconnected once and I was able to relog on and off >.>

Robin64

Ugh. I don't think the Square-Enix store has ever sent me an actual Game Activation code. They gave me a Pre-order code and the game shows up in my list of games, but I don't ever remember seeing a second code. Sigh..

glaurung

Ugh. I don't think the Square-Enix store has ever sent me an actual Game Activation code. They gave me a Pre-order code and the game shows up in my list of games, but I don't ever remember seeing a second code. Sigh..
I got the original pre-order/early access code from GMG and inputted it into the pre-order site registration. It then gave me the 20 symbol game activation code.

Yesterday, GMG sent me both codes again.

Kaspanova

Neo Member
Through all infinite wisdom and all the knowledge of the Twelve, I bought a PC CE Box for the goodies, but now I have a PC CE code that i'm not going to use.

Trade for a PS3 PSN code? doesn't even have to be CE, just one I can download from PSN - i'm Casey Papaneu in the GAF guild on Ultros. Let me know

Audioboxer

Seems like Arcanist is the most popular right now?

Started off as a Pugilist simply because I read a guide somewhere that said by level 12 all the cross skills from it that benefit other classes are learned?

On the Beta For PS3 I could press a button to make my character sit - I forgot it, what was the button?

Also, how do I take quests off my screen? In the beta I remember turning quests on and off to clear clutter and remove ones I wasn't focussing on. But I can't see how to do this on the retail version.

KuroNeeko

I'm reading that the ps3 version has significant frame rate issues, even to the point of making instances unplayable due to monsters and characters not being rendered. Any gaffers experience this? If so, then I'll axe the purchase.

On the Beta For PS3 I could press a button to make my character sit - I forgot it, what was the button?

Also, how do I take quests off my screen? In the beta I remember turning quests on and off to clear clutter and remove ones I wasn't focussing on. But I can't see how to do this on the retail version.

That's in the Journal I think...

finally collected my copy of the game after the bank holiday. the collector's edition is gorgeous, especially the art book. off to london for a concert today though so i shan't be logging desperately trying to log on until tomorrow.

desverger

Again, I think I got the activation code when I inputted my preorder code to the preorder site that square has. Not sure if you can do it again if they didn't send it to you by email though..

After that I entered the activation code to a site that did seemingly nothing, and today on the mog station.

This account system is hilariously complicated though :p

Kyoufu

When you first become a Dragoon - it comes with that armor, right? Can you get better armor than that?

This is the AF armor that you get at 50. You can get better armor by doing endgame level content or high level crafted gear maybe. I'm not too sure.

Where did you order you Before Meteor from?

CD Japan, but I think they're sold out of first press (which has the Dalamud code).

Does anyone have one of those gaming mouses with multiple buttons where the right thumb rests? I'm thinking of getting one because I'd rather press the hotkeys on the mouse than on the keyboard. Is there one you can recommend?

Teletraan1

Banned
The game has been rock solid
Heart Touching
most of the night. I had to log out for my CE items, then I tempted fate again and logged out to install sweetfx and was able to get in with no queues or world full nonsense.

Really enjoying the clean look of the game with smaa. I turned all the other color correction and hdr stuff off and changed a few settings. Not getting noticeable shimmering at all now. Much improved over the in game FXAA and no performance hit and IQ degradation like SGSSAA was giving me. The shimmering with that setting made the game look worse imo, great for screenshots I guess but in motion bleh. Text is a bit worse but I can live with e's having a strange look to them. I might play with the color correction stuff but I always find it makes things too dark when it is dark in the game.

Ferr986

What is he apologizing for here? Just the general launch issues?

Yeah, Im not sure if he's crying for the problems or just being emotional because the game has been finally released. I guess its the second, considering the JP players didnt have as much problems as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom