• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forcing 4X SGSSAA makes it look so much better but I'm not happy about the performance. Have a GTX670 and i53570K which I'm overclocking to 4.2 so I feel it should run better. Currently getting about 30 FPS but it sometimes goes even lower. I do have all the settings on max but I don't really want to drop much. Are there any tweaks that really boost all around or something outside of the game to be done?

StMeph

So are people enjoying this game after getting through all the launch issues?

I am on the fence about going out and buying this.

People are enjoying the game, yes. But the launch issues are still there. No one is really through them.

You should get the game, but the decision is yours as to WHEN, if you want to sit out the headaches and let the dust settle, or jump in now and join the clusterfuck that is Ultros logins and Square-Enix's arcane infrastructure and keys-within-keys for account access.

UrSuLeTzU

I am enjoying the hell out of it. If you are a FF fan you owe to yourself to play this awesome game and even if your not a fan, the level of polish is way better than in most mmos.

alternade

Couple of questions before I buy this game.

Will I get the ps3 interface if I plug in a ds3 on pc? Is there crossplay between PC/ps3? Does the ps3 version look significantly worse then the PC?

Anteater

The servers are congested and their account management stuff are kind of convoluted, it's getting better and I think the servers are pretty smooth when you could actually get into the game.

I got to lvl32 and some of my friends are lvl38-40 so a lot of people got a lot playtime, however there are those unlucky ones that could not log in at all.

It's launch day so I would wait a few days and see how it goes, but overall it's a blast and I think they should be able to deal with the issues soon since this time around the team do seem to care and working their ass off on the relaunch.

So just out of curiosity, say I sign up for a 90 day subscription. Does it charge you all at once or is it just like a contract locking you in for 3 months that you can't cancel and it will bill you at the same time every month? Just wondering how they're doing it.

Panda Rin

Couple of questions before I buy this game.

Will I get the ps3 interface if I plug in a ds3 on pc? Is there crossplay between PC/ps3? Does the ps3 version look significantly worse then the PC?

Yes, the whole interface will change. you get to select either having 360 or PS3 button prompts as well.

Yes to crossplay. You'd have to buy two copies though (one PS3 and one PC). Your account can, however, access both systems provided you bought the copy for that system.

I wouldn't know, but from videos I've seen, the framerates are lower on the PS3.

teiresias

Has this, from the Lodestone, been posted yet?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/943fa6090d46a00d08cf709134d7c59b9e695188

Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27) said:
Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

So, the Japanese are getting new server infrastructure installed, but not one damn peep about doing something to fix the prevailing (and far worse) problems on the NA/EU side. If anyone still thinks this company gives a damn about NA/EU players then, well, I don't know what to say.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/943fa6090d46a00d08cf709134d7c59b9e695188

So, the Japanese are getting new server infrastructure installed, but not one damn peep about doing something to fix the prevailing (and far worse) problems on the NA/EU side. If anyone still thinks this company gives a damn about NA/EU players then, well, I don't know what to say.

Yeah, anyone who says it was just Square being unprepared, and not Square only caring about their Japanese customers is fooling themselves at this point. This is flat out disgusting. Japan gets a little congested last night and there's an instant response. NA/EU is overcrowded for nearly a week and all we get is "well, stop logging in".

Muku

Are we sure the NA/EU servers aren't located in Japan either? I have no idea where they are actually, but makes me wonder if they're all here.

What you say doesn't equal what you quoted? They said they're working this week and hope to roll stuff out for next week? Am I missing something? I haven't been following the JP vs NA/EU server problems.

desverger

What's the difference between just levelling a Lancer and levelling another profession to turn into a Dragoon? Are Dragoons inherently better?

Dragoon is a job, Lancer is a class. While playing as a Dragoon, you still get exp to your Lancer class, have some Dragoon specific abilities, but I think you can only equip 5 cross class skills.

WarMacheen

What you say doesn't equal what you quoted? They said they're working this week and hope to roll stuff out for next week? Am I missing something? I haven't been following the JP vs NA/EU server problems.

If you don't now about the problem, then yes you are missing something

Tarazet

Yes it's been changed to Archer + Pugilist. Conjurer was the old requirement, like Pug was for Dragoon (it's Marauder now).

Hell yes, I was planning to do WAR main and DRG off-spec and now I don't have to level 4 different classes.. just MRD, LNC, GLD. Awesome.

Mario007

This has probably been asked before but I just preordered the game from Amazon and didn't receive any code for Early Access. Should I be worried, or does it take a while?

Alucrid

Banned
Dragoon is a job, Lancer is a class. While playing as a Dragoon, you still get exp to your Lancer class, have some Dragoon specific abilities, but I think you can only equip 5 cross class skills.
You're also limited to skills only from pug and marauder as a dragoon.

Robin64

So I can't find the Order History in the EU Square-Enix site to get the code that they completely failed to send me. Worst account system ever, seriously.

No, I've had problems logging in. I didn't know that the NA/EU side was severely worse compared to JP. And I was talking about missing something in what that poster said vs what he quoted.

The JP servers have been mostly fine through this whole ordeal. People have even been creating new characters on those servers because that was the only way they'd be able to play since the NA/EU servers were constantly full.

It looks like the JP servers got a little bloated last night and that press release was in response to the server troubles on JP side only, while the NA/EU side still doesn't even get any information for what's going on with ours.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
No, I've had problems logging in. I didn't know that the NA/EU side was severely worse compared to JP. And I was talking about missing something in what that poster said vs what he quoted.

There are only 25 servers combined for all of North America and Europe. There are an addition 25 servers just for Japan. The NA/EU servers have had massive overcrowding and Square's only response the last few days has been to throttle down logins.

As a result many players have just been making characters on the Japanese servers and apparently last night they had some issues. And now, Square immediately responds to problems on the Japan side by announcing this Data center expansions, while there has been little more response than "deal with it" on the NA/EU side.

TnK

Guys, when anyone of you wanted to registered the game and entered the CE code, did it only say "FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Windows(R) " without mentioning Collector's Edition?

There are only 25 servers combined for all of North America and Europe. There are an addition 25 servers just for Japan. The NA/EU servers have had massive overcrowding and Square's only response the last few days has been to throttle down logins.

As a result many players have just been making characters on the Japanese servers and apparently last night they had some issues. And now, Square immediately responds to problems on the Japan side by announcing this Data center expansions, while there has been little more response than "deal with it" on the NA/EU side.

Ah, I see, alright.

Why would that be posted on the NA Lodestone though?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Yeah, seeing that this is how its going to be, I don't feel comfortable paying for a sub to this.

Yeah, anyone who says it was just Square being unprepared, and not Square only caring about their Japanese customers is fooling themselves at this point. This is flat out disgusting. Japan gets a little congested last night and there's an instant response. NA/EU is overcrowded for nearly a week and all we get is "well, stop logging in".

I get the feeling that while Square-Enix is running the Japanese servers themselves making hardware updates trivial, they have no physical access to the NA/EU location so increasing hardware there is much much harder.

daveo42

Banned

I had no clue this was actually happening. I knew there were issues and had problems over the weekend logging in, but I'm surprised at how they are handling NA/EU right now. I thought they would have learned by now that they have a larger user base in other parts of the world when it comes to online FF games. I really hope they expand access to current servers soon instead of just throttling access like they have been.

Shit's not gonna cut it.

Salaadin

The way they handled things so far is ridiculous and the login restrictions are flat out stupid and should have never happened but the idea that "they only care about Japan" is equally as ridiculous.

Well like I only bought it 30 minutes ago, I've sent them an email about anyway and hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Yeah, I got mine literally 2 mins after ordering. I dont know how it works now as I think early access was granted to pre orders and now that the game is out, your order isnt technically a pre order but amazon is still advertising early access of the page so....yeah. Hopefully they can toss you a code.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The way they handled things so far is ridiculous and the login restrictions are flat out stupid and should have never happened but the idea that "they only care about Japan" is equally as ridiculous.

Everything they've done so far points towards that though.

everything about FF14 has been ridiculous since it originally launched lol.

wonder if SE would try again if this bombs.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

If you enjoy theme parks, then yes. I would recommend joining a guild though, trying to do dungeons with randoms is not always fun. The game is pretty easy right now, I'm only level 21. Tanking is fun so far, of course, some randoms love attacking whatever, which gives me good practice since I'm not use to playing an mmo with a controller.

omlet

Life on Sargatanas was pretty good this weekend.

I seriously did almost nothing but craft and make a few trips to gather for 3 days straight and crafted full HQ sets for all my level 50 DoH and DoL (and also a ton of DoH/DoL gear for some of our other DoH/DoLs--all but 1 of these sets, for starters)!

Ever since they showed those off on the live letter, those have been my #1 priority for launch because they're awesome. Except now my poor armory chest isn't going to have any room for combat gear, haha.

Unf. ALC and BSM confirmed for best town gear ever. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1514214/

Alucrid

Banned
If you enjoy theme parks, then yes. I would recommend joining a guild though, trying to do dungeons with randoms is not always fun. The game is pretty easy right now, I'm only level 21. Tanking is fun so far, of course, some randoms love attacking whatever, which gives me good practice since I'm not use to playing an mmo with a controller.
I'm 34 and most dungeons have been cake with pugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom