• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezn0r

Is there a way to quickly bring up the map on the ps3? Such as a shortcut through the action bar? Pain to keep using the in-game cross menu bar through the start button.

Thanks

there may be a better way (I've yet to log into PS3 but I am playing it on PC with a controller) - I've been setting the Map action icon to "RT+B" - I'm using a 360 controller but on PS3 it'd be Rsomething+O - it uses up a hot bar spot but it works well for quickly opening and closing the map when I'm running around. actually last night I changed it to the pre-made group of commands, along with mounting the chocobo, etc. set #8 I think it is. switch between the sets using the other Rsomething. hope I'm making sense.

daveo42

Banned
Is that the name of a specific fate?

Do we think these will be nerfed in the future? Ugh maybe I should have just done the warrior quest and finished my warrior to 50 (my mrd is 40).

The possiblity is there for a nerf, but right now there is no other way to effectively level another class except through any missed quests and dungeons. Dailies are supposed to be coming at some point, but when that will happen is anyone's guess.

Best bet is they will adjust how you qualify for bronze, silver, and gold ranks, but that could kill FATEs for healers entirely.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
You should have 2 codes, the one you entered for pre order access is not the retail code. GMG sent me a new email last night with both codes, they should be on your game page if not.

stupid me...its case sensitive and simply copy and paste

daveo42

Banned
You wait in am area. When a fate pops you run and do it. Rinse and repeat.

There's also a limit on the number of FATEs that can be up at a given time and certain ones are on a timer as well. I think Cancer's FATE is on an hour timer. That Cyclops one in Coerthas is around an hour as well

how does one farm FATEs? Do they have a respawn timer or does something have to trigger?

They have a respawn timer mostly.
Some of them link to others, so if you complete one it spawns another and chains them together.
If there's a big group of you, you can cover a wide expanse of the map and then 'tag' any FATEs that pop up, one after another, so you're raking in the exp.

Yeah, farming FATEs + Hunting Log is really the most efficient way to level. Quests give good exp/gear, but I feel like it's much faster to just do some FATEs. Plus, after you join a grand company, you get seals from FATEs, too.

They have a respawn timer mostly.
Some of them link to others, so if you complete one it spawns another and chains them together.
If there's a big group of you, you can cover a wide expanse of the map and then 'tag' any FATEs that pop up, one after another, so you're raking in the exp.

Do you have to be in a party, or does everyone just follow each other around?

orion434

I would like to join the NeoGaf Free Company - Gather Against Fate on the Ultros Server. What do I have to do to join? I had some random invite by another Free Company, but since I come to Gaf for all gaming-related info I really want to join Gather Against Fate :)

Ultros - Jade Nephrite
Lv 17 Archer
lv 8 Botanist
lv 8 Carpenter

Z3M0G

Well the game's philosphy was to get you to hit level 50 easily as a sort of a tutorial and Yoshida mentioned that the real game really begins only after that.

WHY!?!?! Why are MMOs like this now? I don't care about "end game", I care about the journey as I level up...

No way am I ever looking at this game in that way. Or any MMO ever. This "philosophy" needs to die.

Lain

I just upgraded to the digital CE and was getting ready to play some, when it hit me that today it's the official release day and I see a real working queue system still isn't place, as the game tell me the server is full with an error code and takes me back to the start screen.

I'm feeling some regret from having made a friend purchase the game just yesterday.

creid

Crazy that I was feeling way behind yesterday, and it wasn't even launch day yet. Took 58 minutes to get into a Duty Finder party for the first dungeon as a DD, and after 30 min or so waiting for the 2nd dungeon it was time to go to bed. Seriously considering leveling CNJ just so that I can progress in the main story in a reasonable amount of time.

where is good FATE area for lvl 30~35?

The Costa del Sol area is godly from 30-35~. Also, South Shroud is decent, but not as good as Costa del Sol.

-----

I really wish they would let people make characters on servers again. I have a friend who wants to join Excalibur, but he had to make one on Siren or something. :(

daveo42

Banned
Do you have to be in a party, or does everyone just follow each other around?

Parties make it much easier to get credit for FATEs and helps to stay coordinated on where to go next when a few pop up at the same time. You also get bonus xp from being in a light or full party along with whatever other bonuses you are currently getting.

Healers pretty much need to be partied to get gold on FATEs due to how fast some mobs go down. Getting credit for support is still weird and doesn't seem to work well at the moment.

raven777

The Costa del Sol is godly from 30-35~. Also, South Shroud is decent, but not as good as Costa del Sol.

-----

I really wish they would let people make characters on servers again. I have a friend who wants to join Excalibur, but he had to make one on Siren or something. :(

where is this Costa del Sol? can't find it on the map for some reason...

Caffer

Neo Member
I had to actively look around for the place as well. Found it on that mog station site on the first tab (account services)I think. Was add platform or add windows service. Just not the add new service account button.

About to log in to see if it worked, since the mog station account is only showing the JP server character I made when I was getting 3102'd and then deleted.
Were you a 1.0 member? If i select add platform it tells me to link a psn id first..

Alucrid

Banned
If you form a party, it's easier to 'tag' mobs during the FATEs, especially if there's loads of people taking part.

Yeah, since my AoE sucks, as in I have none, GLD's ... aoe aggro thing and THM's(?) aoe fire/ice make it way easier to get max credit on fates.

Ultros peeps, who's down for Costa Del Sol fate farming if the servers ever work?

omlet

Healers pretty much need to be partied to get gold on FATEs due to how fast some mobs go down. Getting credit for support is still weird and doesn't seem to work well at the moment.

And arcanists :\ In a crowd, things die before DoTs can do enough damage to get you much contribution credit.

So I added my registration code to MogStation... and now what? I bought the game online off a third-party store. Where do I download the actual client?

DrTeflon

I cant stand gridania anymore, been playing on that area since phase 2. I guess I'll just continue w/ my gladiator lvl 25 on a legacy server.

daveo42

Banned
And arcanists :\ In a crowd, things die before DoTs can do enough damage to get you much contribution credit.

Pretty much anything that doesn't do much in terms of burst damage or have an aoe attack I supoose would qualify right now too.

I've gotten use to dropping Aero on every mob in a group instead of trying to get off Stone II due to cast time. I really need to level THM to 26 for Swiftcast.

TnK

Guys, when anyone of you wanted to registered the game and entered the CE code, did it only say "FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Windows(R) " without mentioning Collector's Edition?

Why does this thread ignore questions? I just registered and got the standard edition even though I bought the CE.

SE really messed things up.

Westlo

So Gaf is now on Ultros instead of Tonberry? Why the switch? Also does the server select screen tell you what region the servers are in?

Tonberry is locked down and has no signs of being unlocked. Well I don't know about right now but that's how it looked like yesterday. Shame that it got locked up since having GAF+Oceanic players on Tonberry would've been pretty ace for me.

Mario007

WHY!?!?! Why are MMOs like this now? I don't care about "end game", I care about the journey as I level up...

No way am I ever looking at this game in that way. Or any MMO ever. This "philosophy" needs to die.
Works for me. I could never really get into MMO properly, so I'll blitz through the main scenario in the 30 days free I get with my copy and then trade it in :p

Now that might not be the best thing for Square...

If you form a party, it's easier to 'tag' mobs during the FATEs, especially if there's loads of people taking part.

Parties make it much easier to get credit for FATEs and helps to stay coordinated on where to go next when a few pop up at the same time. You also get bonus xp from being in a light or full party along with whatever other bonuses you are currently getting.

Cool, thank you!

Why does this thread ignore questions? I just registered and got the standard edition even though I bought the CE.

SE really messed things up.

It doesn't say 'CE' on the registered page, it just says 'FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn'
Your CE items are sent to you via ingame mail.

Found the client download in a random blog post on the official site, labelled for FF14 v.1 users... some serious Hitchhiker's Guide stuff you need to do to get into this game.

Mugaaz

The stat allocation is such a misleading freedom of choice if there's only really a right way and a wrong way. Should just have the jobs confer that bonus automatically, rather than letting some people "screw up".

Amen. It's absolutely pointless and dumb. It allows for no customization, unless you consider making your character worse "customizing". It's just an illusion of choice.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Where does your behemoth barding chocobo armor go after using it?

Oh, the chocobo icon on your character sheet?

I haven't unlocked it yet.... hope it hasn't been lost!

Ferr986

Works for me. I could never really get into MMO properly, so I'll blitz through the main scenario in the 30 days free I get with my copy and then trade it in :p

Now that might not be the best thing for Square...

Take in mind that probably the storyline isnt complete yet.

The original story on vanilla FFXI was like an introduction to what it came on RoTZ and CoP.

daveo42

Banned
Did anyone get any shots of the poor attempt at the behemoth FATE on Ultros from last night? I got a few shots but they are on my home pc. Also, not sure if he was in 1.0, but it looks like he's a boss you have to kite and need an experienced party to do it. Getting one-shotted for 7.5k was kind of insane and highlighted how weak my character was.

user1337

Leatherworker and goldsmith can make fists? It also looks like leatherworker can make more pugilist-useable stuff than the golldsmith can?

Yes, level up leatherwork and they will also let you add materia to a lot pugilist armours from level 19 onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom