• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Works for me. I could never really get into MMO properly, so I'll blitz through the main scenario in the 30 days free I get with my copy and then trade it in :p

Now that might not be the best thing for Square...

Sorry, no place I know of will let you trade in a MMO. =)

Mugaaz

I'm 34 and most dungeons have been cake with pugs.

I'm 40, and Cutter's Cry and
Titan
were moderately challenging. They were an 8/10 on the difficulty chart, where 10/10 would be hardest possible that could be beaten by a PUG. I've seen the # of pulls per group + dungeon/boss mechanics go up for each dungeon.

user1337

In-game mail? Sweeeeeet. Thanks =D

I find it as soon as I enter a server, yeah?

Find a moogle that hovering around with a mail bag lol. Its in all the big cities and most external areas (just look for the envelop symbol ont he map)

omlet

Amen. It's absolutely pointless and dumb. It allows for no customization, unless you consider making your character worse "customizing". It's just an illusion of choice.

It's pointless for classes with only 1 job/role.

As more jobs get added, it will be less pointless.

Mario007

Take in mind that probably the storyline isnt complete yet.

The original story on vanilla FFXI was like an introduction to what it came on RoTZ and CoP.
Well the first expansion won't come for another 18 months, so I'll then rebuy it on the ps4. At least that's the plan, I'll see how I'm enjoying it all. Yoshida did mention a big patch every 3 months with more story content too. But right now I've bought it for 25 euro, will play for a month because that's for free and college starts for me in a month too and then trade it in for around 15 euro. So spending 10 euro on the game doesn't seem like a bad idea.

So do I see that right that I have to do Tam-Tara right after Sastasha to progress in the story? D:

Yes and then Copperbell after that.

Well the first expansion won't come for another 18 months, so I'll then rebuy it on the ps4. At least that's the plan, I'll see how I'm enjoying it all. Yoshida did mention a big patch every 3 months with more story content too. But right now I've bought it for 25 euro, will play for a month because that's for free and college starts for me in a month too and then trade it in for around 15 euro. So spending 10 euro on the game doesn't seem like a bad idea.

How do you trade in a MMO...?

You can't trade it in. It's a digital game.

Mugaaz

It's pointless for classes with only 1 job/role.

As more jobs get added, it will be less pointless.

No, it's pointless. It actually lessens design and play space. Its WORSE for classes with more than 1 job, because it locks them out of being the best at more than one job. It servers no purpose other than making people look and feel stupid or useless. There is no part of the game that is made better by it existing. All you see is people aksing "where do I put my points"? There is just a clearly right and clearly wrong way. In the case of Arcanist, all it does is limit your ability to switch between both jobs and play both to their max potential.

mackaveli

2 quick questions.

1) If I pay for 180 sub, do I get all Veteran awards from Level 1 to level 3? I will get the phantasia potion or whatever its called?

2) Where do I lvl when I am lvl 30? I just got my monk class, and want to know where to go to lvl it up.

Thank you,

Kyari

Where is going to give you 15 euros for a traded in mmo?

Speaking of stat allocation - if I want to level up by ACN to be both a summoner and a scholar, what should I do with stats? I know you can put the cleric stance on SCH, but that only helps that job do more damage while reducing healing potential.

So if I drop all my stats in INT, I'll suck at healing while on SCH, but if I drop them into MND, I won't be able to do as much damage while on SMN

No, it's pointless. It actually lessens design and play space. Its WORSE for classes with more than 1 job, because it locks them out of being the best at more than one job. It servers no purpose other than making people look and feel stupid or useless. There is no part of the game that is made better by it existing. All you see is people aksing "where do I put my points"? There is just a clearly right and clearly wrong way. In the case of Arcanist, all it does is limit your ability to switch between both jobs and play both to their max potential.

Exactly - I can't effectively play both SMN and SCH which is supremely frustrating. And the way the early ACN quests and equipment work, it's implying that INT is the most important, which could result in a lot of poorly built scholars later on.

HeavensSword

Neo Member
Sorry if this was answered already, but was there any mention of them increasing the number of servers for NA? I only saw mention of it for the JP data centers.

Kinda sucks that my server is locked down and friends can roll on it.

Anteater

Man I'm getting these weapons with colored names from leves and they aren't tradeable D:

They never drop anything I need for my class!

Emitan

Spotted someone wearing this. Why.

ib1bHVv4w1IJ8q.png

Mugaaz

It's a shame they botched release so bad. The level up content in this game is about as good as I've ever seen. Hope the end game is just as good.

Mario007

The key is tied to your account...Have you never played a MMO before? You can't sell it unless you sell your account.
Didn't know that at all. Figured the BR would be easily sellable. I've never bought an MMO before so I guess rookie mistake. I wanted to fuck with the system and instead it looks like the system will fuck me.
Gamestop doesn't take used PC games. They haven't for some time. I found this out the hard way when I tried to trade in my copy of FFXIV 1.0.
Oh I was talking about a PS3 copy, but it seems I might face difficulties there too.

Fvash

Neo Member
Anyone else loving the music? I'm in Gridania and I'm liking all the inside and outside tracks.

Hell yes North Shroud is where it's at ::drift::

Snapped this pic of a foggy sunrise leaving Archers Guild:

Full resolution here if anyone wants.

Haven't been able to play since Saturday, which isn't a huge issue for me—I just wish I had hit 15 and unlocked leves so at least they'd be accruing while I'm waiting.

Hubb

2 quick questions.

1) If I pay for 180 sub, do I get all Veteran awards from Level 1 to level 3? I will get the phantasia potion or whatever its called?

2) Where do I lvl when I am lvl 30? I just got my monk class, and want to know where to go to lvl it up.

Thank you,

Yes to the 180 sub, you get everything shown + the rewards for the months to come (up to 180).

Go fate farm at Costa del Sol, you could do south shroud but I'd only stay there till 32 or 33.

omlet

Yeah, no duh? That's the point: it lets you specialize in one while still being able to perform the role of the other if needed. All these ACN whining about attributes need to stop whining and understand how awesome it really is to have a two-in-one class. Level more classes if you want to be more min-maxed-versatile for more challenging content.

mr2t

Banned
I saw a lalafel with that cone hat and blue clothes. He looked like David the gnome.

Apparently digital river shipped my game without my home address on the box. Luckily I caught it and the post office is holding it so I can pick it up.

user1337

That only works if the gear can be equipped by your class. I suppose you could always save it for later with your retainer or drop in the company chest.

if its not directly related to my class i tend to pass on them (unless I will use it for my sub classes...then I check if anyone desparately needs it..and if they dont, i go greed).

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Getting into the swing of things, still haven't figured out materia though - I know I have to breakdown spiritbonded gear, but I don't actually know how to do that. Whatever, I can google it in like 5 minutes, and there are plenty of things to do regardless.

More relevant questions for GAF!

So my Glad is level 20, and I just ran the level 15 dungeon (I forget it's name). It was okay, and tanking wasn't too difficult, but I feel like I could be doing better.

I have a level 6 Lancer, should I get him up higher and have his augment my Glad if I want to tank?

If my damage is a bit light, what should I focus on to get that higher?

I'm figuring out how to level my crafting stuff better - is it worth it to get this high? I actually enjoy crafting a bunch, and right now my leatherworking is 14 - I plan on getting it to 20 tonight! What goes good with Leatherworking? Should I focus more on some other professions? Honestly I have no idea which ones to gravitate toward.

Any particular tips when it comes to finding gear for my glad? He's a bit soft in that regard. I got some colourful gear from that level 15 instance, and i guess I could run it some more, but maybe there's something around 20 that'd be better?

Any general advice or sage words GAF? I'm loving this game so far by the way.

HBroward

GRRRRRRRR SQUARE. My GMG retail code that I got months ago doesnt work with the MOG Station. I entered it like a month ago to have beta access and entered it at http://na.square-enix.com site perfectly fine. Why did you have to switch systems....

The code you should be using was only given out by Greenmangaming yesterday. go back to your account on their site and make sure you are using the 2nd of the two codes listed under FF14 in your games section.

Pachimari

Guys, I created my character and is to choose a world but it says this at Ultros:

"This world is not accepting any more new characters. You may either wait for the restriction to be lifted, or you may select another world"

Should I just wait at the character creation screen then?

Eyothrie

Hell yes North Shroud is where it's at ::drift::

Snapped this pic of a foggy sunrise leaving Archers Guild:

Full resolution here if anyone wants.

Haven't been able to play since Saturday, which isn't a huge issue for me—I just wish I had hit 15 and unlocked leves so at least they'd be accruing while I'm waiting.

Very nice! How did you take the shot without HUD elements?

Getting into the swing of things, still haven't figured out materia though - I know I have to breakdown spiritbonded gear, but I don't actually know how to do that. Whatever, I can google it in like 5 minutes, and there are plenty of things to do regardless.

More relevant questions for GAF!

So my Glad is level 20, and I just ran the level 15 dungeon (I forget it's name). It was okay, and tanking wasn't too difficult, but I feel like I could be doing better.

I have a level 6 Lancer, should I get him up higher and have his augment my Glad if I want to tank?

If my damage is a bit light, what should I focus on to get that higher?

I'm figuring out how to level my crafting stuff better - is it worth it to get this high? I actually enjoy crafting a bunch, and right now my leatherworking is 14 - I plan on getting it to 20 tonight! What goes good with Leatherworking? Should I focus more on some other professions? Honestly I have no idea which ones to gravitate toward.

Any particular tips when it comes to finding gear for my glad? He's a bit soft in that regard. I got some colourful gear from that level 15 instance, and i guess I could run it some more, but maybe there's something around 20 that'd be better?

Any general advice or sage words GAF? I'm loving this game so far by the way.

You get the ability to break down spiritbonded equipment as part of the main quest line. There is someone right next to the Goblin who will allow you to learn how to. You won't get the quest until after level 15 and all the dungeons are done.

NeOak

Guys, I created my character and is to choose a world but it says this at Ultros:

"This world is not accepting any more new characters. You may either wait for the restriction to be lifted, or you may select another world"

You'll have to wait a looooong time.

I gave up trying to play on Ultros. I'm playing on another server without the "server is full" BS.

You can try refreshing the worlds list and waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom