• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Oh so that's what that was? Methought I was pushing my new 760 too much and had to pull down the OC sliders a bit. Hopefully some stable drivers come soon, I mostly get solid 60+fps@1080p except in centre of towns.

Yeah, me too. I thought something was up with my 660ti but I gave it a day or two and started googling and saw others with the same issue.
I was going to give the beta drivers a whirl but I think Im going to wait until stable...just in case.

Haven't seen too many complaints about servers the past couple of pages, how hard has it been to get into Ultros today? I've gotten 1017s all Sunday and Monday and wouldn't mind playing when I get home from work today.

daveo42

Banned
There are currently 450+ GAF members in the FC, then you've got the GiantBomb peeps in the same server as well. Ultros is poppin'.

Don't forget about ZAM and (I think) 4chan also being on the server. We are a tight-packed server. I can see some guilds leaving for other servers if/when they open.

Timeaisis

There are currently 450+ GAF members in the FC, then you've got the GiantBomb peeps in the same server as well. Ultros is poppin'.

Yeah, I'm one of the people in the FC, too. Haven't been able to get in since. I'm considering just scrapping my Ultros character altogether and only playing it less populated servers.

user1337

Thanks for the advice! I think the bold is my issue, because that's kind of what I want, but it's hard figuring out the order I want to do it in :p.

Regardless, I think right now my focus will be on a lot of crafting (because I like it) with a heavier focus on armourer and blacksmith. I also want to move toward PLD first, so I guess getting conj to level 15 wouldn't hurt - sucks that I got a purple level 15 wand haha, would have been more useful at a lower level :p.

I wish I was on another server so I could play with some Gaffers, but at the same time, I don't mind playing 'alone' (or with strangers) until I get more comfy with the game, and I'll just move to a north american server when they allow world changes!

One of the few games where you mix and match all you want. Because you want paladin, yea focus mostly on your glad and conj and then when you are waiting to join an intance quest or [rimal boss fight, just mess about with the crafting.

2San

Not entirely related but i've never seen an arcanist healer, or a scholar as of yet. Can they even heal on their own before Scholar or do they have to take all the healing abilities from cross class.
They have a heal or 2 afaik, but it's pretty limited when they are archanist. The Scholar has proper healing skills, but WM is obviously a lot better in healing(looking at the skills). I'm wondering if Scholars can make do with what they have.

Salaadin

Why is this the assumption? They posted on the NA lodestone didn't they?

I wonder if they didnt change the wording or something. Up until now, I dont think we got any Japanese server updates on the NA lodestone.

Im hoping thats the case because new servers would be nice.

Aeana

I just can't decide on a grand company. I will be maining white mage and I was looking at the gear, and it seems like the city I love the most, Limsa Lominsa, has the worst gear prospects. I know that you can change between them, but for some reason knowing that doesn't make the decision any easier.

user1337

I just can't decide on a grand company. I will be maining white mage and I was looking at the gear, and it seems like the city I love the most, Limsa Lominsa, has the worst gear prospects. I know that you can change between them, but for some reason knowing that doesn't make the decision any easier.

You can only change between then for a while I think? I cant remeber at what point your stuck with 1 lol.

Ultimately it shouldnt matter. The XIVDB site has all the armours for each GC and they all have similar stats throughout, with some fluctuations.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Haven't seen too many complaints about servers the past couple of pages, how hard has it been to get into Ultros today? I've gotten 1017s all Sunday and Monday and wouldn't mind playing when I get home from work today.

It would depend on when you get home from work. You don't see a lot of complaints now because most people are at school or work. Its peak hours where it becomes a chore to log in.

rezn0r

I was struggling with the same exact thing in 1.0, mage gear vs. loving Limsa. I still went with Limsa, because that gear will definitely not be the best gear in the long run. That's how I looked at it. :)

K.Sabot

Maelstrom has the superior color and salute.

I WILL FOLLOW MY ADMIRAL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA.

I'm new to the game- what does this mean?

Mugaaz

Don't decide on GC based off gear, you will be replacing all of it quickly. Just do what you like or what you think looks good. This message is coming from a min-maxer too! You can replace all this gear.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, I'm on the quest now.

I want screen shots conparing how things look as well. No dressing room or website with a model viewer makes me sad.

Are there different mount armors or something as well?

Anyone have a consensus on lancer?

Taruranto

Do we know how an end game summoner fare DPS wise compared to a Black Mage. And how an end game Scholar compares to a White Mage healing wise? Can they replace a WM as a healer for instances?

Dunno about End game, but i found Scholar a fantastic healer.

Aeana

You can only change between then for a while I think? I cant remeber at what point your stuck with 1 lol.

Ultimately it shouldnt matter. The XIVDB site has all the armours for each GC and they all have similar stats throughout, with some fluctuations.
What? That's the first I've heard of this. If that's true then I'll never be able to make a decision.

Maelstrom actually has ~5 fewer pieces for CNJ/WHM than the other two, and only one of them has an earring (I forget which, I think maybe the Flames).

Kandinsky

Gridania, always Gridania :D

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

I immediately gravitated to Limsa too, but I don't know if I want to choose it either - like you said, it's not final or anything but it feels like I just want to make the right decision the first time and be done with it. I should look into tanking gear for Limsa.

dc89

Just installed the game on PS3. What I gather from the OP is GAF has guilds on three EU/NA servers, can anyone recommend the best one to join?

I'd appreciate a bit of help getting this setup, I can't afford to goof and land on a server where I can't call upon a little help if needed.

How do I get into the GAF guild? Do I need to message someone? I'm on Ultros.

Ultros (NA/EU data center)
Linkshell: Gather Against Fate
Free Company: Gather Against Fate
Leaders: androidcandy (Strawberry Shortcake), Capell (Capell Percipere), Paprikka (Safflower Amariyo), ROBOKITTYZILLA (Maple Cookie), theta11 (Xarielle Randgris)
Guild Website: http://neogaf.guildwork.com/

Register at the website, then send a /tell to one of the officers listed above. I'm not sure which of them are online now.

Pachimari

You'll have to wait a looooong time.

I gave up trying to play on Ultros. I'm playing on another server without the "server is full" BS.
I actually got in right when I refreshed the list.

I just talked to the Moogle Delivery but I don't have a companion or Moogle hat in the mail, why is that? I pre-ordered the game. :/

I'm on PS3 but haven't registered anything - only redeemed the a code on PSN.

Urishizu

Just a quick question regarding parties. Outside of the introductory tutorial, is there any content that absolutely must be solo'd? I understand there are probably specific quests that can't be shared, but can you always have another player just coming along even if they aren't getting rewards from the quest?

studyguy

Making as much progress as I can after the workday.
Stopped last night right before heading into Titan. The general questing is always sort of whatever, but the big plot point story bits are interesting. The quest right before Titan where
you're gathering the company of heroes to have a feast was neat as all hell.

Also never hit Brayflox before in the betas since I was crafting before. It's a big jump from the last few dungeons, really cool.

Wilsongt

So, managed to do the "world tour" last night to Gridania and Ul'dah. Got enrolled in the CNJ job, picked up alchemy as a job, and then returned to Limsa before bed last night. Not a bad haul.

ACN is so OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom