• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not buy the digital copy because I was away but I was in phase 4 and got a THM to level 8...I wonder if I grab the retail disc today let's say at Gamestop if it will let me install/patch the game and if I can continue playing my THM...?,otherwise I might just wait till everything settles down and grab the digital copy next week or whenever they start selling it again...
Disc version is just the installer and an activation code in a package, so you'll be fine with either option.

aett

Because I'm an idiot.

I guess I figure if I get invested enough into one I'll care enough to start talking to people, but that never happens.

I'm the same way. I can talk to anyone in real life but I actually manage to be antisocial on the internet. I'm pretty sure a huge part of it is because I can't see people's physical reactions online.

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
after a few days game time, I can safely say this has quickly and easily become part of my top 5 FF games ever (I would put FFXIV:ARR at number 3). its got just about everything I could want. it can't contend with the classics (FFIV & FFVI would be my 1 and 2 respectively), but its pretty much a perfect FF game at this point and feels like the real thing. I haven't been this drawn to a game for a long time. 10/10 for me.

daveo42

Banned
I basically get a gold 90% of the time, as long as I join within the FATE bar being no more than like 1/3rd full. It does not seem the requirements are too high, but I guess it can depend on classes too.

Healers and DoT classes can get screwed in pack mob FATEs when they solo.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
after a few days game time, I can safely say this has quickly and easily become part of my top 5 FF games ever (I would put FFXIV:ARR at number 3). its got just about everything I could want. it can't contend with the classics (FFIV & FFVI would be my 1 and 2 respectively), but its pretty much a perfect FF game at this point and feels like the real thing. I haven't been this drawn to a game for a long time. 10/10 for me.

Definitely agree. This game just hits all the right notes for me.

Item Box

Sweet. My game stayed logged in all last night, now I can finally play this game.

-edit-

Then crash.

lol.....
If you alt tabbed, there's a good chance returning to the game will crash
I was doing that quest where you need to take customers orders... I got 3. Missing one. Da heck?
The others above me already answered your question, but if you're at a quest marker and you see nothing to interact with, then that means they're either above or below your location
that or they haven't loaded into the game yet

qq more

Sweet. My game stayed logged in all last night, now I can finally play this game.

-edit-

Then crash.

lol.....

I was able to get in the server not without any issue too long ago. Hopefully you can still get in without much issues. How are these crashes happening by the way? Alt+Tabbing from Fullscreen? I recommend Window mode if you don't mind that.

Zafir

I basically get a gold 90% of the time, as long as I join within the FATE bar being no more than like 1/3rd full. It does not seem the requirements are too high, but I guess it can depend on classes too.
Probably class dependant to be honest. On my lancer I pretty much always get gold unless the fate is ridiculously higher level or I join with only a min or two left. Can see it being a pain for non dps classes though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
If you alt tabbed, there's a good chance returning to the game will crash

The others above me already answered your question, but if you're at a quest marker and you see nothing to interact with, then that means they're either above or below your location
that or they haven't loaded into the game yet
\

Borderless Window fixes ALT TAB I think.

KuroNeeko

Finally made my character but was greeted with exactly 0 open worlds at the server select screen.

I've got about 5 showing up with each refresh but Durandal is still locked up tighter than chastity belt.

Come on!

gatti-man

Gatti, did you roll on Ultros? If you did you'll have to give me your character name. I've been enjoying it myself, got to 25 CNJ last night.

No I couldn't get in and have a legacy character somewhere else. I'm definitely going to transfer though when they allow it.

Zafir

I'm using normal full screen (I'm downsampling resolution to make jaggies less annoying) and I haven't crashed once alt tabbing?
I've never had this issue and play full screen. I wonder what causes it. Are you guys on ATI or NVIDIA for your video card?
Nvidia

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Sadly, it also reduces performance by quite a bit.

Really? I was under the impression in this game Borderless actually helped the FPS or am I wrong? Borderless is ideal for me since I am constantly changing screens to check something or chat with a friend.

teiresias

Reposting my post from earlier to see if anyone has any insight:

Does TAB-cycling not work for anyone else with their weapon sheathed? I can TAB through enemies fine when my weapon is out, but I can't TAB through anything when my weapon is sheathed. I do have the targeting filter turned on for when my weapon is sheathed (to avoid enemies and the mass of player PCs in cities), but I don't see why that would ruin things. I'm having to resort to picking things with the mouse outside of combat.

Also, if I TAB-select an enemy target and initiate battle by using an Action, does that automatically start auto-attack or do I have to explicitly start auto-attack? If it's the latter I really wish Auto-attack had it's own discrete keybinding (unless I'm just missing it in the settings - possible since there are so many).

Berordn

Really? I was under the impression in this game Borderless actually helped the FPS or am I wrong? Borderless is ideal for me since I am constantly changing screens to check something or chat with a friend.

It's a bit of a performance hit, but nothing drastic if you have a fairly up-to-date video card.

Very pleased I was finally able to get in and play for a couple hours last night. Managed to knock out a handful of quests and get up to lvl 5. Enjoyed it, though it will take me some more time to get used to everything especially as it relates to the UI. Definitely has a fantastic soundtrack!

Shouta

Got back into my GC last night and I still had 15k Seals from 1.0, hah. I spent it on various stuff though.

I also got my companion chocobo and I've started leveling him a bit. I haven't put skills on him yet though. I'll need to check and see if I can reset his skills later. Arcanist + Chocobo is like having my own party, it's pretty hilarious because I can take on mobs like 6-8 levels higher than me as long as keep the squirrel healed.

I'm also HQing all of the late 20s stat items now thanks to some HQ materials and a solid CP pool. Hopefully, I can make some good gil off those. One of the mid-20s Goldsmith leves can net you 54k in XP with enough synths and 3 HQ items.

Ferr986

Sadly, it also reduces performance by quite a bit.

really? I tried it one and I didnt get much of a difference in fps between fullscreen and borderless fullscreen (mind you I dont have a high-end pc, Im not playing at max settings)..

It's a bit of a performance hit, but nothing drastic if you have a fairly up-to-date video card.

With a GTX 460 i probably had like... 2 fps less.

Amon-Lau

How frequent Lazy Laurence's FATE show up? After getting silver two times in a row I'm feeling really frustrated by it... =/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Yeah my GTX670 holds up quite well (All MAX, FXAA On, 1080p) though when there are hundreds of people at once on screen it drops to 40. It does make my CPU pretty damn hot though... right now I am AFK (I am sorry, I am sorry... I want to play XD!) and I am keeping tabs on the PC with Teamviewer and temps are at 135F. Worries me but I am sure it can handle much more.

Tash

Is there a way to enable casting through a target directly? In EQ2 it was possible to cast in a mob through your tank without having to switch back and forth. Gotten used to hitting T but u wonder if I miss something.

Salaadin

I alt-tab crash once in a while. Makes me nervous when I have to back out to start up mumble or vent.
Ive always been a full screen game player and I hate it when I cant alt-tab out real quick but I might have to switch to borderless window for the time being just to be safe.

daveo42

Banned
I've never had a problem getting gold on FATEs as a ACN as long as I get to it early enough.

This becomes an issues at higher levels where mobs are only up for a few seconds before they drop and the size of zones increase. Coerthas can be rough at how quickly some drop, even some of the boss FATEs.

KuroNeeko

Anyone else get like massive loading when they first created their character?

I went through the whole character creation process, entered my name, and hit start. Now I'm staring at my character creation screen while the little loading circle spins in the lower right corner. It's been doing that for about 5 minutes now.

Scared to reboot my PS3. <.<;

Moaradin

The hell? Game says that I'm still logged in when I try to enter the world. Is this still an issue? I wasn't even in an instance or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom