• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to look for quests in your level range, maps with level ranges for each area here:
http://home.comcast.net/~nakomaru/ffmaps/
It's pretty easy to miss areas because they're so spread out.

I think the big problem is the lack of breadcrumb quests pointing you to the next area. It's really annoying to be unable to have any idea what quests are available without going to each zone. Even the recommendation popup is limited to the zone you're in.

Heysoos

So as soon as customer support opened up, I was in there in seconds. I was 50 in queue. 2 hours later, I'm finally next! Except..

GBpybVi.png

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? Fucking useless.

daveo42

Banned
Where do you unlock pld skills? The gladiator guild hasn't gotten any quests for me since lvl30, I'm lvl40 right now.

You should be able to go to the same NPC that unlocked PLD for your job quests. They are usually in a completely different area than your class quest NPC, but the same region.

hmm, I might just join a pick up group I guess.

If you're on Ultros, there may be a group of people from the FC that are farming in Coerthas. Over the past few nights there has usually been a full party from GAF running FATEs for several hours.

Timeaisis

Wow this is the first I'm hearing of this low-level EXP bonus. I guess I'll max my lancer, and then should be easy to get 1 - 15 on Marauder.

gatti-man

So as soon as customer support opened up, I was in there in seconds. I was 50 in queue. 2 hours later, I'm finally next! Except..

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? Fucking useless.

Heysoos! Man I wish ultros wasn't full. Come play on my server!!! (Can't remember what it is but pm me if you want)

Ferrio

Banned
Needs a crafting profession to meld onto gear, plus the corresponding grade of carbonised matter.

Gives me a headache.

I'm too old for this. :p

I really like the crafting system overall. It makes it so it's really really difficulty to be self sufficient.

frequency

I really like the crafting system overall. It makes it so it's really really difficulty to be self sufficient.

I hate it for that reason.

I enjoy playing with other people in MMORPGs but I hate the markets. Someone with more time and money will always control it. And I hate that I have to depend on other players to stock what I need and to price it reasonably.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ultros full already.

Do you guys think a bunch of people just log in first thing when they leave for work in the morning a let it idle so they can play at night? Wouldn't doubt it.

Anteater

You should be able to go to the same NPC that unlocked PLD for your job quests. They are usually in a completely different area than your class quest NPC, but the same region.

If you're on Ultros, there may be a group of people from the FC that are farming in Coerthas. Over the past few nights there has usually been a full party from GAF running FATEs for several hours.

ahh thanks, I had to check questlog from the pld quest, it tells me where I have to go for the next quest.

Omnicent

This looks like it's missing Coerthas?

Also I see 0 "40-45" zones ......

you can also use the google map on xivdb

It doesn't have quest info, but it does have npc's and you can check leve/fate levels to see if you missed any areas. You can also use the map that was previously posted in conjunction with this.

Ultros full already.

Do you guys think a bunch of people just log in first thing when they leave for work in the morning a let it idle so they can play at night? Wouldn't doubt it.

Lots of people have said they do. I log off when I'm gone, and haven't had trouble getting on at night (7 PM or so Pacific time). Is it luck? karma? don't know.

studyguy

Legacy servers are literally a race to the bottom as far as the economy goes.
The belts I was selling for 40k one day ago are now 5k if that.

Everything is driven down in a matter of hours, you can post something at 20k, which is 10k lower than the last, then two minutes later someone will undercut you with 10 items at 15k. On and on, till you see a line of like 50 items all dropping till it's sub 10k...

Playing the market is crazy on legacy servers.
HQ crafting however, selling those DoH/DoL AF HQ at delicious prices.

How are people getting the 90 day rewards, I put in my info but it tells me I have to wait out the 90 days for the rewards.

Also the build up quests for the Titan fight.... omg I just want to fight him already!

Ferrio

Banned
Legacy servers are literally a race to the bottom as far as the economy goes.
The belts I was selling for 40k one day ago are now 5k if that.

Everything is driven down in a matter of hours, you can post something at 20k, which is 10k lower than the last, then two minutes later someone will undercut you with 10 items at 15k. On and on, till you see a line of like 50 items all dropping till it's sub 10k...

Playing the market is crazy on legacy servers.
HQ crafting however, selling those DoH/DoL AF HQ at delicious prices.

And why I didn't join the legacy servers!

Timeaisis

If you have the moogle hat from preordering, you get a 30% exp boost by wearing it from 1-10.

WHAT!? I really need to read the description. I put it on and was like "cute". And done.
Does it apply to every character, or only those that are going for their 2nd/3rd/etc class?

Omnicent

How, so? The only possible thing would be monster drops that you would need. Everything else can be obtained by having all crafts and gathering classes leveled. That's what I'm dong right now and it's been a breeze so far. Maybe I'm a crafting addict, so I don't see leveling multiple crafts to be self sufficent as difficult (probably the case.... for me).

N.A

Banned
Yoshi just posted.

Looking into AFK kick.
218,000 simultaneous users.
New servers on track.
Everyone will get free time as compensation for problems.

Official english post coming.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
When can I start choosing jobs/crafts?

Ferrio

Banned
How, so? The only possible thing would be monster drops that you would need. Everything else can be obtained by having all crafts and gathering classes leveled. That's what I'm dong right now and it's been a breeze so far. Maybe I'm a crafting addict, so I don't see leveling multiple crafts to be self sufficent as difficult (probably the case.... for me).

I meant difficult as "time consuming". Other games all you had to do was be a crafter + the appropriate gathering skill to be self sufficient. This game pretty much requires you to level every single class, which although not difficult will take a lot of time to do and I doubt many people will.

Jomjom

Banned
Yoshi just posted.

Looking into AFK kick.
218,000 simultaneous users.
New servers on track.
Everyone will get free time as compensation for problems.

Official english post coming.

o_O! Even more free time? I thought they already gave us 4 days?

Teknoman

Needs a crafting profession to meld onto gear, plus the corresponding grade of carbonised matter.

Gives me a headache.

I'm too old for this. :p

Do what people do in real life: Pay someone to fix it for you :p

Seriously though, get the materia you want, buy or harvest the matter, then shout for a crafter of whatever class you need for the item.

KePoW

Banned
Ultros full already.

Many GAFers have admitted they do just that. Which pisses me off because GAF is supposed to be all cordial & mature gamers.

Ferrio

Banned
Why is that good??

Healthy economy. Economies where you can just make everything yourself and not rely on anyone is stagnant as hell. Leveling crafting in those games is almost useless as everyone can do it, so there's an abundance of crafters/items so everything is rock bottom in prices.

Why is that good??

It promotes the economy. If you can't easily do everything yourself, it sends you to the market to buy materials or other items that other players can make easily to use them in your own crafts.

If everyone can do everything themselves with minimal effort, no one would need anything from the market and it would be harder to sell things at various stages of crafting.

edit - beaten

Tarazet

WHAT!? I really need to read the description. I put it on and was like "cute". And done.
Does it apply to every character, or only those that are going for their 2nd/3rd/etc class?

I don't know about alternate characters (I assume you would get it in the mail), but alternate classes of the same character will work, whether it's another battle class, crafting or gathering.

Actually, the crafting in XIV is gear toward self sufficiency, at least compared to XI. It's only difficult if you find it bothersome or boring. But since a lot of people do, it's good for people who work the market.

teiresias

I've decided the FATE system sucks. Well, let me be more precise - FATEs that involve fighting a large mob of enemies at once suck, particularly when tanking. I just don't find them fun in the least.

There a huge mass of people, AoE spells and graphic effects going off everywhere, my sound frequently clipping out because of all the effects going off, and I can't even tell what I've got targeted, can barely tell when my current target is dead, and when I need to retarget it's nearly impossible to do (yes, even TAB-ing through is nearly impossible).

Granted, even when I feel I've spent the entire FATE just spamming hoping to luckily be targeted properly I get decent experience from them, but it feels so lifeless and worthless and you never have time to read any of the flavor text that describes the FATE anyway, so it's just a button mash grind to get experience.

Single enemy, "boss style" FATEs are much better since I needn't worry about losing the target and can concentrate on how I'm using my skills, but they're still pretty dumb button mashes.

Maybe the later level FATEs are better in this regard, but FATEs almost make you wish they had a million servers and some were nearly barren so that FATEs weren't so overrun with people all the time.

Ferrio

Banned
Actually, the crafting in XIV is gear toward self sufficiency, at least compared to XI. It's only difficult if you find it bothersome or boring. But since a lot of people do, it's good for people who work the market.

Compared to other MMOs it's not.

WolvenOne

Ultros full already.

Oh, definitely. I spent a lot of time at Camp Drybone last night, and I kept noticing Player characters just, standing around in the same spot. I'd leave to do something, come back twenty minutes later, and the same people would be standing right there. Leave, do something for the better part of an hour, and they'd still be there. I logged in at 9PM last night and logged off around 2AM, at that time there were STILL people standing idle from when I logged in.

And that was at night, when there are far fewer problems freely logging in and out. Now try to imagine during the day, when people KNOW getting in is going to be all but impossible by mid-afternoon.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a third of the total capacity, was being taken up by idlers.

Tarazet

I've decided the FATE system sucks. Well, let me be more precise - FATEs that involve fighting a large mob of enemies at once suck, particularly when tanking. I just don't find them fun in the least.

Spam Flash/Overpower, blow cooldowns, guaranteed gold contribution.

Midou

I think just for the sake of these first few rough days, they should implement and idler kick system, like half an hour or more, just log off. If you're afraid you won't get back in, it's cause of people like you idling, also afraid they won't get back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom