• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

So what are you gathers doing with your materials if you arent crafting? I'm thinking about doing a 60/40 split between depositing stuff in the company chest and marketing the rest.

Speaking of which...how are people deciding the initial price for an item?

Timeaisis

Code:
F1::

Loop
{

Send {Numpad0}
Sleep 3000
}

It pretty much hits 0 every 3 seconds after you activate it by pressing F1

for autohotkey (free software)

had it press every 3 seconds because i'm not sure what kind of bot detection the game has. It shouldn't matter though because it doesn't do anything to the game anyways, so there should be zero way of it being detected as a 'hack'.

Got in after i came back from the gym.

Wouldn't this just cancel your queue if you get into one? I haven't gone to a queue and hit "0" before, so I'm not sure what would happen.

FLEABttn

Banned
There is a real queue system. There's just a straight-up "go home, server's nuked" check before you even hit it.

If you're running one of the auto-login "mash Num0/○" scripts you're probably setting yourself back by auto-cancelling out of the queue when you end up in it.

It's hardly a real queue if you luck into it.

Wouldn't this just cancel your queue if you get into one? I haven't gone to a queue and hit "0" before, so I'm not sure what would happen.

No, you keep your place in queue when you cancel.

was worrying about that too, but I did get in, so maybe not? Or i got super lucky and got in bypassing the queue.

who knows lol.

its all luck anyhow.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anyone know how the 30 free days works? Do they begin immideately for everyone, or can you redeem it like game time, anytime you want? I'd love to wait a few weeks for the problems to go away, then redeem it.

Salaadin

I've played without afking, you'll manage.

I havent been able to play without afking so I dont think Ill manage.

This all becomes a non issue if their server fix actually works this weekend and doesnt start locking people out of somebody farts in the wrong direction.

Haint

I've decided the FATE system sucks. Well, let me be more precise - FATEs that involve fighting a large mob of enemies at once suck, particularly when tanking. I just don't find them fun in the least.

There a huge mass of people, AoE spells and graphic effects going off everywhere, my sound frequently clipping out because of all the effects going off, and I can't even tell what I've got targeted, can barely tell when my current target is dead, and when I need to retarget it's nearly impossible to do (yes, even TAB-ing through is nearly impossible).

Granted, even when I feel I've spent the entire FATE just spamming hoping to luckily be targeted properly I get decent experience from them, but it feels so lifeless and worthless and you never have time to read any of the flavor text that describes the FATE anyway, so it's just a button mash grind to get experience.

Single enemy, "boss style" FATEs are much better since I needn't worry about losing the target and can concentrate on how I'm using my skills, but they're still pretty dumb button mashes.

Maybe the later level FATEs are better in this regard, but FATEs almost make you wish they had a million servers and some were nearly barren so that FATEs weren't so overrun with people all the time.

I've complained about Fates many times and my opinion of the game is sooo much lower because of their existence. The fact that they've made them probably the best source of XP (or even a viable source at all) is so disappointing I can't even put it into words. You could not create a more dumbed down mechanic than fates. Even the mindless fetch and travel quests require more thoughtful player input. Fates are literally the MMO's "press A for awesome".

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Timeaisis

Anyone know how the 30 free days works? Do they begin immideately for everyone, or can you redeem it like game time, anytime you want? I'd love to wait a few weeks for the problems to go away, then redeem it.

It's whenever you register your product key. You don't have to do it now. However, you'll not be able to play with EA after today. I personally have not registered my key yet, but plan to today because the servers have been a little kinder to me lately.

Rimshot

What scores are you guys getting at 1080p, and maximum? I'm getting 9512, which it is calling extremely high, but not sure how that holds up while you are partying in a crowded area. What framerates are you getting while playing the real game?

Mandoric

Banned
So what are you gathers doing with your materials if you arent crafting? I'm thinking about doing a 60/40 split between depositing stuff in the company chest and marketing the rest.

Speaking of which...how are people deciding the initial price for an item?

On Sarg, the market's completely wrecked. I'm sitting on everything I can't craft further or turn in to my GC, and -buying- everything I see listed for less than/equal to NPC price. (5% rounded down is an acceptable loss)

Selling will come later, when team "accept the default, since other games just autofill the average"go away.

Khrno

I just completed the story and I'm without words.

Naoki Yoshida and his team managed to make the best Final Fantasy game ever.

Rimshot

It's whenever you register your product key. You don't have to do it now. However, you'll not be able to play with EA after today. I personally have not registered my key yet, but plan to today because the servers have been a little kinder to me lately.

Electronic Arts?

UrSuLeTzU

Code:
F1::

Loop
{

Send {Numpad0}
Sleep 3000
}

It pretty much hits 0 every 3 seconds after you activate it by pressing F1

for autohotkey (free software)

had it press every 3 seconds because i'm not sure what kind of bot detection the game has. It shouldn't matter though because it doesn't do anything to the game anyways, so there should be zero way of it being detected as a 'hack'.

Got in after i came back from the gym.

Nice one bro! Works like a charm xD

FinKL

The game's music is also amazing, didn't really hit me until I fought Ifrit. Now I'm sad I didn't know about the physical collector's edition having the soundtrack.

It be kind of useless to see if I can find a collector's edition since it wouldn't stack with my 30-day sub?
What scores are you guys getting at 1080p, and maximum? I'm getting 9512, which it is calling extremely high, but not sure how that holds up while you are partying in a crowded area. What framerates are you getting while playing the real game?

I'm getting 30-66 FPS depending of course. My score was Maximum ~11000 full screen ~9000 Borderless Windows. I'm using Borderless Windows too

Mugaaz

2 Star are a rarity even on Legacy servers. The type of specialization you need to make those is crazy. Super close to breaking into 2 star leather so far. Love the crafting "endgame."

What's the point though? Honestly. You can make stuff that's like a couple % better than Darklight ilvl 70 stuff. However, it costs even more in terms of tokens than just buying Darklight. Requires you to grind a crafting prof to 50, full AF gear that's materiad to the hilt, luminary tools. All that time and effort for a 2% upgrade from regular darklight? You could just spend that time going after Allagan gear which has no comparison and be better off.

The only crafting prof that looks useful to me is cooking / alchemy for the end-game consumables. The rest of it has too much effort for too little pay off. All the gil in the world can't buy Allagan gear either.

omlet

2 Star are a rarity even on Legacy servers. The type of specialization you need to make those is crazy. Super close to breaking into 2 star leather so far. Love the crafting "endgame."

Making them is no problem. I already have my ARM/BSM/GSM/LTW//WVR geared to make 2-star recipes with the aid of food and I'll have my ALC and CRP there soon as well with quested tools. What's crazy is how rare HQs will be.

The problem is, take Darksteel Ingots for example... first you need 9 coke which costs 9x125 allagan token thingies (or a ton of gil from the markets now that you apparently can't buy them with gil from NPCs like you could in 1.x), and then after that even if you use 2 HQ darksteel nuggets you only start off with 400 quality, which is hardly anything. You can't get HQ coke.

Now, NQ of that gear i70 you can make is still pretty good...it's basically, once you meld it, on par with darklight, if not (potentially) better. but as Mugaaz said, it's easier to just settle for darklight since even if crafted is better it's not better enough to be a required step in gear progression after darklight. However, for those who want to quickly gear up a class or for crazy people like me who like to craft all day, the crafted gear offers a great option.

However, in the end, you only need NQ weapons for your relic quest and that's what matters and that's where I'll be making/saving money, not on gryphonskin rings.

Salaadin

You'll manage.

What Im telling you is that I havent. The 3 days when I didnt afk, I havent been able to play except for an hour where I got 90000ed and then put right back to 3107. When I have been able to play, its because I logged on RIGHT when I got home from work and then afked for an hour while I ate dinner and got myself situated. Come 6-7:00 and beyond, its a crapshoot.

Your experiences do not equal everyone elses.

antitrop

i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz, GTX 590.

1080p, 27-70fps, maxed settings (FXAA turned off), injecting SMAA through SweetFX. I use the in-game option to lock at 30 and it's very smooth. Average seems to be somewhere between 35 and 50.

It's not very well optimized, yet.

The game's music is also amazing, didn't really hit me until I fought Ifrit. Now I'm sad I didn't know about the physical collector's edition having the soundtrack.

It be kind of useless to see if I can find a collector's edition since it wouldn't stack with my 30-day sub?

It's a "Special Soundtrack" and only contains a few songs. They will probably release the complete soundtrack later.

WolvenOne

Okay, did a little math.

So according to Yoshida, their record so far is 220K simultaneous connections. Well, assuming thats for both NA/EU and Japanese Servers, that'd average out to about 5000 connections per server.

However, the NA/EU Servers seem to be the ones that hit the connection limit regularly, so, I think we should assume that the connection limit per server much be somewhere between 8000 and 10000 concurrent users.

So, assuming all 500+ members of the GAF FC were online at once, and the server was more or less full, it'd come out to about 5-8% of the total population of the Server.

Heh

"Just yesterday we learned that the game had broken the record for concurrent connections (users online at the same time) for an online game operated by a Japanese company with 187,000 users online at the same time, and today’s numbers are even higher."

Thats probably the least impressive record breaking I have ever read.

For me, I'm happy about the several extra days free.

Salaadin

The bench scores me at ~10,300

I play on max settings and Vysnc turned on through Nvidia Control Panel. I get 60fps with drops as low as 40 depending on whats on screen and whats going on. Tbh, I dont even feel the drops in this game and only know theyre occurring because the fps counter tells me so. Im usually good at picking that stuff out.

Mandoric

Banned
Okay, did a little math.

So according to Yoshida, their record so far is 220K simultaneous connections. Well, assuming thats for both NA/EU and Japanese Servers, that'd average out to about 5000 connections per server.

However, the NA/EU Servers seem to be the ones that hit the connection limit regularly, so, I think we should assume that the connection limit per server much be somewhere between 8000 and 10000 concurrent users.

So, assuming all 500+ members of the GAF FC were online at once, and the server was more or less full, it'd come out to about 5-8% of the total population of the Server.

JP servers hit regularly during JP primetime. On the other hand, JP primetime is a lot shorter than the 16-hour monstrosity that starts at 5PM in Berlin and trails off around midnight in LA.

Khrno

What, already? Seems.. short.

Not at all, I've been playing 14~ hours a day since Saturday, also I'm a Legacy player, but I went through the story from Arcanist level 1.

It wasn't only until level 46 when I stopped doing SMN today, only because there is a very strange level gap for the story quests, you have one at 46 and then the next one is 49 and you aren't directed to any more 46/47/48 quests.

So to not waste all day grinding SMN to 50, I just jumped on WAR 50 and completed the last part of the story.

In that note, does anyone know if there are quests level 47/48/49 and where? If not then I'll have to do my last 4 SMN levels on FATEs and dungeons.

I dont think its completely finished. Yoshi just said more scenario quests are on the way. Then again i'm not that far.

Well of course the story isn't finished, it is an MMO. But the current, let's called "arc", is done. After the credits the new arc starts, and that's what we'll move to in endgame, and coming updates.

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm level 18 and I took an airship from Gridania to La Noscea. The only problem now is, the only quests that I can find are the low level newbie quests for the starter zone here. I really don't want to grind out to unlock stuff, are there quests in my range here?

I'm level 18 and I took an airship from Gridania to La Noscea. The only problem now is, the only quests that I can find are the low level newbie quests for the starter zone here. I really don't want to grind out to unlock stuff, are there quests in my range here?

Yes, they are just in the areas outside of town where you would normally be at your level if you started in that town.

Rootbeer

Banned
if I just spam 0 will it quick me out of the queue if/when i actually get in one? i'm sitting at my comp and scared that if I press 0 after the queue comes up that it may cancel it? :p

i reeeeaaally want to get in... i haven't been able to play ALL WEEK, finally i have some time off...

if I just spam 0 will it quick me out of the queue if/when i actually get in one? i'm sitting at my comp and scared that if I press 0 after the queue comes up that it may cancel it? :p

i reeeeaaally want to get in... i haven't been able to play ALL WEEK, finally i have some time off...

Yep, it'll cancel it. Not to worry though, sometimes you can stand in queue and still get an error about the server being full. Either way you lose.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Do the servers marked as full (no character creation allowed) ever open, even for a few minutes at a time?

Rootbeer

Banned
Yep, it'll cancel it. Not to worry though, sometimes you can stand in queue and still get an error about the server being full. Either way you lose.

comforting... :|

also what good are the free days they give us if this is the norm? a solution needs to be in place. So they are "looking into" AFK kick? Well I hope they are looking into it 24/7 cause my sub runs 24/7 and I expect fast results :p

Note to any GAFers who are staying logged-in 24/7: please don't. you are a part of the problem.

Teknoman

Not at all, I've been playing 14~ hours a day since Saturday, also I'm a Legacy player, but I went through the story from Arcanist level 1.

It wasn't only until level 46 when I stopped doing SMN today, only because there is a very strange level gap for the story quests, you have one at 46 and then the next one is 49 and you aren't directed to any more 46/47/48 quests.

So to not waste all day grinding SMN to 50, I just jumped on WAR 50 and completed the last part of the story.

In that note, does anyone know if there are quests level 47/48/49 and where? If not then I'll have to do my last 4 SMN levels on FATEs and dungeons.

Well of course the story isn't finished, it is an MMO. But the current, let's called "arc", is done. After the credits the new arc starts, and that's what we'll move to in endgame, and coming updates.

In that case, without spoiling too much, is the first "final" boss battle comparable to anything from XI, or on a whole other level?

Not even close dude. FFXI had fuck shit for story up to that point.

If anything ARR is FFXI's Zilart, but at Promathia standards thanks to Komoto.

Max hype indeed.

comforting... :|

also what good are the free days they give us if this is the norm? a solution needs to be in place. So they are "looking into" AFK kick? Well I hope they are looking into it 24/7 cause my sub runs 24/7 and I expect fast results :p

They're working on installing new servers and said that the earliest they'll be in is next week. Hopefully this will alleviate a lot of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom