• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Nirolak posted this in another thread:

PSB: How regularly do you plan to update A Realm Reborn, and what sort of content can we expect?

Yoshida: We’re planning on doing a major update every three months once the game has been released, and continuously adding large-scale content. Ongoing support for the game will be included in the monthly subscription.

We’ve already begun work on the first update that is currently called patch 2.1 and will introduce a large-scale housing system, as well as “The Wolves’ Den” — the first ever PvP content in the series. Furthermore, the update will include new dungeons, a new daily quest system, new Primal battles, extensions to the main story, and loads of other new content to enjoy.

There will be a significant update every three months, so everyone will be able to continue enjoying the game for a very long time! Of course we also have long-term plans to release full expansion packs, so watch out for future updates on those, too.

So hell yeah on the main scenario not being finished yet. Was wondering why people werent talking about awesome final bosses. And of course Odin being shown in the intro and not being in game yet should've been a sign (or at least I havent seen him).

teiresias

Spam Flash/Overpower, blow cooldowns, guaranteed gold contribution.

Trying to spam is nearly impossible when it's nearly impossible to tell when I've lost target or my target has been killed and I hit action button like five times before I realize what's happened, because I can't read anything because of all the effects on screen.

Cmagus

For the legacy players how do you go about starting your job quest again? Do I have to do the thm/arc quests in order to unlock blm quest line again?

WolvenOne

Trying to spam is nearly impossible when it's nearly impossible to tell when I've lost target or my target has been killed and I hit action button like five times before I realize what's happened, because I can't read anything because of all the effects on screen.

Even with all the effects turned up, I usually have no trouble telling whats going on. If its really bothering you though, hit the Gear icon next to the chat log and turn the lighting effects down.

what determines FATE 'score'?

how much damage you do? how much you healed?

how does a tank do... well?

Threat, amount healed, and damage done all factor into FATE score. Essentially, no class/job should have problems getting gold.

Source: various test, i've ran into FATEs only spamming Flash and gotten gold, i've also strictly only spam healed the tank/party members and also gotten gold.

Threat, amount healed, and damage done all factor into FATE score. Essentially, no class/job should have problems getting gold.

Source: various test, i've ran into FATEs only spamming Flash and gotten gold, i've also strictly only spam healed the tank/party members and also gotten gold.

The FATEs with lots of mobs are good for tanks, as long as you make sure to be attentive and Overpower/Flash as many as you can as soon as possible. If you see there are a lot of people, you'll probably get healed and if not, run around a lot until more people show up lol.

Shouta

I meant difficult as "time consuming". Other games all you had to do was be a crafter + the appropriate gathering skill to be self sufficient. This game pretty much requires you to level every single class, which although not difficult will take a lot of time to do and I doubt many people will.

huh? Most professions are self-sufficient with the correct gathering skill, I think. Goldsmithing and Smithing are fine with just Mining, for example.

You might need to pick up random items for synths but the main source of items can easily come from gathering.

antitrop

Yo, HD towns.

9623822072_b6abc612a3_o.png

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I hate it for that reason.

I enjoy playing with other people in MMORPGs but I hate the markets. Someone with more time and money will always control it. And I hate that I have to depend on other players to stock what I need and to price it reasonably.

It is one of FF Online's defining characteristics. All of my favorite MMO's are this way and I glad they kept it for ARR.

i am not script kitty

Code:
F1::

Loop
{

Send {Numpad0}
Sleep 3000
}

It pretty much hits 0 every 3 seconds after you activate it by pressing F1

for autohotkey (free software)

had it press every 3 seconds because i'm not sure what kind of bot detection the game has. It shouldn't matter though because it doesn't do anything to the game anyways, so there should be zero way of it being detected as a 'hack'.

Got in after i came back from the gym.

How can I socket materia into gear? Certain profession I need to be? Certain quest I need to do?

Thanks!

Yoshi just posted.

Looking into AFK kick.
218,000 simultaneous users.
New servers on track.
Everyone will get free time as compensation for problems.

Official english post coming.

So good!

Code:
F1::

Loop
{

Send {Numpad0}
Sleep 3000
}

It pretty much hits 0 every 3 seconds after you activate it by pressing F1

for autohotkey (free software)

had it press every 3 seconds because i'm not sure what kind of bot detection the game has. It shouldn't matter though because it doesn't do anything to the game anyways, so there should be zero way of it being detected as a 'hack'.

Got in after i came back from the gym.

Oh wow, thanks! I created an ahk script before but couldn't get it working, I'm going to try this the next time I logout.

Ferrio

Banned
huh? Most professions are self-sufficient with the correct gathering skill, I think. Goldsmithing and Smithing are fine with just Mining, for example.

You might need to pick up random items for synths but the main source of items can easily come from gathering.

Not i isn't.

You can't set materia into all their slots.
You do not have access to all items needed for all synths (Leather!)
You can not make your own gear
You do not have access to any cross class skills
You have no access to buffs for crafting.

omlet

How can I socket materia into gear? Certain profession I need to be? Certain quest I need to do?

Only crafters can meld materia into gear. If you can craft/repair it, you can meld it. There's a quest in Thanalan from a goblin that unlocks it.

However, you don't need to level crafting yourself to have gear melded. You can right-click on a crafter and request a meld using your own equipment and materia and they can do it for you.

letterboxart

Neo Member
This looks like it's missing Coerthas?

Also I see 0 "40-45" zones ......
Yeah, it hasn't been updated with zones beyond the basic three. I haven't found level maps for other zones, aside from the FATE level lists that can be used as general level guides.

There is one 40-45 area in Thanalan, then some 35-40 areas. I'm assuming that you don't care too much about efficiency (or you'd be farming FATEs).

Kokonoe

Banned
Wow. Running away from monsters in this is much easier than running away from a monster in FFXI. It's incredibly easy to do now. Suppose that means I can't use my using the trees as obstacles skills in this game.

omlet

Not to mention buffs you get from food/potions, and cross class skills from other professions that allow you to craft HQ items easier and more reliable?

Man, you don't even know (ok, maybe you do if you're legacy)... My HQ rate on 1-star and easier synths is absurd even with normal mats. I HQ'd an entire set of Militia armor for my PLD/WAR the other night using all NQ mats except the cobalt pieces (which I HQ'd from NQ ingots). All on first try, too, except the gloves (Byrgot's Blessing failed ; ;). Last night I HQ'd 4/5 dodore leather from all NQ mats, and the profit I can turn by buying NQ felt ingredients and HQing them (or electrum or cobalt) is awesome. Rose gold, twinthread, and darksteel I can't HQ reliably with NQ mats, but I can HQ reliably with all or mostly HQ mats and have been making some good cash that way, too.

It's so good. I've been crafting like a madman. I'm never gonna get the story line done at this rate because crafting is just too addicting (plus I love the new crafting "AF" so much).

I'm looking forward to trying some of the 2-star recipes, but holy shit at the amount of coke/potash/animal fat you need now compared to 1.x... that's gonna suck (also, gonna be very rare to HQ even with HQ ingredients)...

Do they ever open character creation on the NA servers? Can't even play because I can't make a character and I can't see them opening up over the coming weekend. So I bought a paper weight?

CoLaN

I am trying to find a good/safe site to buy codes for european time cards (are they even region free?). Anyone?

As for the game, im enjoying it, even if at high level the quests really start to get repetitive (I am level 42 at the moment, monk). Grinding fates is really good exp, but it really kills your soul, since it's super repetitive and it gets boring pretty fast.

I also have a spare digital standard edition code (eu), willing to exchange it for game time cards.

Yoshi just posted.

Looking into AFK kick.
218,000 simultaneous users.
New servers on track.
Everyone will get free time as compensation for problems.

Official english post coming.

Yeeeeeeeeeeees.

Hell I don't even care if it's 2 hours for the timer. Just stop people from staying on for long extended periods.

Teknoman

Do they ever open character creation on the NA servers? Can't even play because I can't make a character and I can't see them opening up over the coming weekend. So I bought a paper weight?

Its currently open on all servers except:

Bahamut
Balmung
Carbuncle
Cerberus
Chocobo
Coeurl
Diabolos
Excalibur
Exodus
Faerie
Gilgamesh
Goblin
Hyperion
Lamia
Leviathan
Malboro
Mandragora
Moogle
Odin
Phoenix
Ragnarok
Sargatanas
Shiva
Siren
Tonberry

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4ae22b132307aa6c1fb375a804d46e35dc322f0e

EDIT: Listening to Titan's theme, I can image a bunch of Kobold cheering around the arena, even though i know the battle will probably take place in some elemental alternate space. Looks like there are 5 different themes? Or its just for the different phases of the fight?

studyguy

I've decided the FATE system sucks. Well, let me be more precise - FATEs that involve fighting a large mob of enemies at once suck, particularly when tanking. I just don't find them fun in the least.

There a huge mass of people, AoE spells and graphic effects going off everywhere, my sound frequently clipping out because of all the effects going off, and I can't even tell what I've got targeted, can barely tell when my current target is dead, and when I need to retarget it's nearly impossible to do (yes, even TAB-ing through is nearly impossible).

Granted, even when I feel I've spent the entire FATE just spamming hoping to luckily be targeted properly I get decent experience from them, but it feels so lifeless and worthless and you never have time to read any of the flavor text that describes the FATE anyway, so it's just a button mash grind to get experience.

Single enemy, "boss style" FATEs are much better since I needn't worry about losing the target and can concentrate on how I'm using my skills, but they're still pretty dumb button mashes.

Maybe the later level FATEs are better in this regard, but FATEs almost make you wish they had a million servers and some were nearly barren so that FATEs weren't so overrun with people all the time.

Heads up, you can turn off spell effects for everyone but yourself. You still see the actual effect they cause (Bio, Heal, etc markers pop up) but the flashes and sparkles are gone.

Absolutely necessary for larger encounters where AoE/Skills fly off every second as a tank an you can't see shit otherwise.

studyguy

Man, you don't even know (ok, maybe you do if you're legacy)... My HQ rate on 1-star and easier synths is absurd even with normal mats. I HQ'd an entire set of Militia armor for my PLD/WAR the other night using all NQ mats except the cobalt pieces (which I HQ'd from NQ ingots). All on first try, too, except the gloves (Byrgot's Blessing failed ; ;). Last night I HQ'd 4/5 dodore leather from all NQ mats, and the profit I can turn by buying NQ felt ingredients and HQing them (or electrum or cobalt) is awesome. Rose gold, twinthread, and darksteel I can't HQ reliably with NQ mats, but I can HQ reliably with all or mostly HQ mats and have been making some good cash that way, too.

It's so good. I've been crafting like a madman. I'm never gonna get the story line done at this rate because crafting is just too addicting (plus I love the new crafting "AF" so much).

I'm looking forward to trying some of the 2-star recipes, but holy shit at the amount of coke/potash/animal fat you need now compared to 1.x... that's gonna suck (also, gonna be very rare to HQ even with HQ ingredients)...

2 Star are a rarity even on Legacy servers. The type of specialization you need to make those is crazy. Super close to breaking into 2 star leather so far. Love the crafting "endgame."

Mandoric

Banned
C'mon, announce a real queue system.

There is a real queue system. There's just a straight-up "go home, server's nuked" check before you even hit it.

If you're running one of the auto-login "mash Num0/○" scripts you're probably setting yourself back by auto-cancelling out of the queue when you end up in it.

Timeaisis

I don't know about alternate characters (I assume you would get it in the mail), but alternate classes of the same character will work, whether it's another battle class, crafting or gathering.

Wow, that is awesome. And yeah, you do get it in the mail for every character you create. I need to wear that mog hat more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom