• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It took me about 3 hours spamming through the day to finally log in around 8pm.
At least the Titan fight was epic.

Tc91

The one benefit to being a tank or healer...

Yep, I've been a healer in every other MMO I've played so I thought it's time for a change but man the queue times suck.

As I DPS, I recruit right in front of the dungeon and it almost always works if you just talk to people there.

Dat feeling when a healer shows up in front to initiate the quest, ask to join up and says, "ok, let's go" @_@

Had that happen the other day.

Haha it just happened to me! 40 minutes sat in duty finder and a healer rolls up and it was almost a instant pop.

Glad I'm done with these dungeon quests now.

Westlo

Back to error 1017 again :/

I just got that error for the first time, 3 times in a row, 4th times a charm and I'm in! (Aussie playing on Behemoth so I miss most of the US rush, on the flip side I can't make a character on a Japanese server because they're either down or not taking new ones on the one I want)

Also just before I saw both lists up and only a single US realm was taking character creations out of every single server, lol.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
To those wanting the digital PSN release Square is being so nice, they are protecting us from nasty server errors by not even letting us purchase it. They put it on the store and pulled it almost right away.

TheContact

To those wanting the digital PSN release Square is being so nice, they are protecting us from nasty server errors by not even letting us purchase it. They put it on the store and pulled it almost right away.

I had to go into GameStop and get a PC copy, and they only reason they gave me a physical copy was because they couldn't figure out how to sell me a code

Now I'm getting World Full message without even seeing my char pop up

Edit: Got in, lucky me. Just kept trying.

scosher

It's a low priority as per Yoshi, but if they implemented it a week or two later - what's the point? The servers would probably be stable then. It should've been added on launch day.

The low priority is such BS. While they're waiting on hardware additions (which should've been ready at launch but they were caught completely unprepared), they should've been busting their butt coding an AFK kick and an actual server queue.

Robin64

That was weird. Got into an Ifrit instance where there was no healer. Just myself and two DPS. One of the DPS said "I can heal" and to be fair he did a decent job, but the nail part got us both attempts due to lack of two proper actual DPS, rather than one trying to keep me alive as well.

Still, Ifrit looks amazing in this game!

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I wish holding L2+R2 would bring up a third cross-bar. I can see managing too many of them in R1 becoming a pain, and I don't want to give up on my comfy controller.

Most of all they need to fix Carbuncle targeting. Starting to dread those adorable bastards.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am glad I can't play right now because I am NERVOUS as hell. I played WoW only very lightly. Hopefully people playing aren't complete assholes or something. I should try to stick with GAF, or be a lone wolf.

Zomba13

I wish holding L2+R2 would bring up a third cross-bar. I can see managing too many of them in R1 becoming a pain, and I don't want to give up on my comfy controller.

Same. So far at SMN 47 (or 48. I forget) I could use an extra one. IT'd get me all my skills I use and I can tap RB to go to pet commands. At the moment I have to go RB+X for some commands and then hop back. RT+LT would make perfect sense for a third cross-bar

I am glad I can't play right now because I am NERVOUS as hell. I played WoW only very lightly. Hopefully people playing aren't complete assholes or something. I should try to stick with GAF, or be a lone wolf.

Its not like that at all. I have had several GAF parties. Everyone is very helpful and nice.

Robin64

Yay, Ifrit down! Really cool fight. Not an awful lot to it, tanking wise, but the DPS seemed to struggle to get the nail down in time. Wonder if it's that tight or they were just lacking gear or something.

Still. Woo! This game really is a proper Final Fantasy. Love it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Its not like that at all. I have had several GAF parties. Everyone is very helpful and nice.

Yeah, if the Prima Guides website tells you in it's guide, to play with GAF, the community must be really great. It's just scary as hell, is all. People who aren't gaffers I mean haha.

is it even possible to sell some one a registration code. I mean what if you and a buddy just wanted to play on the same game why does he have to purchase another copy just to play. I mean he's already gonna pay the subscription fee. Or is this a mmo thing as to why they do it this way.

Berordn

Yeah, if the Prima Guides website tells you in it's guide, to play with GAF, the community must be really great. It's just scary as hell, is all. People who aren't gaffers I mean haha.

If you're willing to learn from your mistakes and work with others, you're already better than 90% of any MMO community. You're sure to find horrible, horrible people. Some of them will be better players than you, but you just have to let it pass.

Someday you'll be great at the game and clawing your way up from nothing is one of the greatest experiences an MMO can provide.

Mognet

just beat behemoth. was hard to target because of it constantly disappearing, ended up with a bronze.

a lot of bodies

iuxfLfeecCsTy.png

iFOPY6ebVVMjj.png

iCK55wBc2LKs.png

iVY5R7OMP5nWJ.png

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

I am a MMORPG newbie. GAF FC has helped me a few times. We are a bunch of nice do gooders haha

Ichinii

Without fail every single time I try to log in this game I'm greeted by some fucking error. I know some of you will disagree, but I cannot say I've been part of worse launch than this.

I can't log in when I get off work, I can't log in later at night, I can't log in on a Saturday after waking up extra early in hopes of enjoying the game I fuckin paid for. Someone tell me how much patience does SE expects us to have?

Tendo

Got up early to log in - two hours of trying and nothing. 1017. Worst launch I have ever seen. I have barely gotten any playtime since last week and no fix in sight.

Have they announced their plans besides adding more servers? They need to raise that cap and put in a queue.

I'm so frustrated :(

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
10 minutes, and i got:

Someone has a bingo card handy?

Tendo

Whelp, I give up. Who knows when I'll get to play again. I love the game but this is the most pathetic MMO launch I've been a part of. Squares lack of response on their plans going forward just piss me off.

antitrop

Whelp, I give up. Who knows when I'll get to play again. I love the game but this is the most pathetic MMO launch I've been a part of. Squares lack of response on their plans going forward just piss me off.
Good thing I have a job to do something else while I wait for them to unfuck this shit. It would have been a long week if I was unemployed.

Actually, if I was unemployed I probably would have just stayed up at 3am playing the game when the servers aren't full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom