• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry since I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but is this easy to pick up and get into without a ton of guidance?

Ever since I quit WoW 3 years ago I've felt like roaming around a giant world just exploring; does this game support that?

orion434

I have everything set-up, I'm a complete noob to FF:XIV ARR. Created my square-enix account, linked it to my PSN id, downloaded the game and updated. If I want to play with gaffers I have to be on the Ultros server right? I will be an Archer, so any advice would be much appreciated! For my secondary class what should I be as I'm new... something not overly complicated, Leatherworker?

274SfYz.png

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of folks on Malboro, I'm only on there cause a friend of mine picked it randomly.

I'm sorry since I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but is this easy to pick up and get into without a ton of guidance?

Ever since I quit WoW 3 years ago I've felt like roaming around a giant world just exploring; does this game support that?

I'm actually also curious. I'm not into the real nitty gritty of these games but I like exploring big new worlds and fighting and customising

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Funny, but entirely misses the point as to why most people don't want to sub. For me it's more about the feeling of wasting money if I don't play the game enough.

I know I'm generalizing, forgive me for it, but this comment is damned hilarious when I see it on this forum. A forum bubbling over with people with gigantic backlogs of games they will NEVER play. Then a paid MMO comes along and they turn up their noses to swirl around in their chairs to admire a stack of unopened games.

The forum as a whole if not like that of course, but I've seen it a lot over the many years I've been here. =)

As for what i'll do first when I log back on? Well, I'm loaded up on GLA and ready to level it. Then MRD, then PGL all to 15. Then I'll pick a class (probably LNC since its 20) and try to advance the story until they offer me a GC. While waiting in the duty finder or on groups, I'll be gathering each DoL classes to 15. Then each crafting class to 15. I'll pick my favorite from there while using the stuff I've made from them to do the Grand Company delivery missions every day. =) Earning xp on the crafting class I chose and gaining GC seals. =)

daveo42

Banned
So who's all sleeping in early, only to wake up and log in a few minutes past the 5AM time. Cause I sure as hell am.

Not sure if I'll be going to bed all that early, but I'll be up at about 5am to hop on Saturday, though I have a wedding to go to that afternoon.

Sunday is an all day event for me.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm actually also curious. I'm not into the real nitty gritty of these games but I like exploring big new worlds and fighting and customising
It's like WoW, but with maybe a little less guidance at upper levels.

I knew nothing about the game and dove right into the beta. Everything seemed pretty straightforward, if you have the patience. I wanted to change jobs and wasted an hour looking for a way, only to have it unlock two hours later.

Very newb friendly, especially for an Asian MMO.

Rayjee

Wondering if anyone could answer this question for me:

A Gamestop employee told me that if I purchased the PS3 version of FF XIV, I'd get the PC version as well. That it would come with a code so that you could play on both platforms. At least this is what I understood of what he told me. Is this correct? Made me want to get the PS3 version because I wasn't sure which I'd prefer.

omlet

I still say "Hoooly shiiit" when I found a tough enemy on a MMO since I saw those videos.

Anytime someone says Safeway I think of them.

Any time I hear "pretty good" I hear it in that voice.

Anytime someone says "item synthesis" I think of Mithra Flakes and those cookies.

Any time I found "Impossible to Gauge!" or rare spawns, "Hooooooly shiit" in my head... GO KILL I DID THE ATTACK GOGOGO

Also "TRICKED HAHAHA" best line ever.

Years ago those videos ruined me and I will never heal.

Aesthet1c

A Gamestop employee told me that if I purchased the PS3 version of FF XIV, I'd get the PC version as well. That it would come with a code so that you could play on both platforms. At least this is what I understood of what he told me. Is this correct? Made me want to get the PS3 version because I wasn't sure which I'd prefer.

I could be wrong, but I thought SE stated that you would have to buy both versions seperately. However, the game is completely cross play.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I could be wrong, but I thought SE stated that you would have to buy both versions seperately. However, the game is completely cross play.

Yeah, you have to buy each separately. The employee may have been confused about the ability to use the same account on both versions.

Xavien

That would be bullshit I'm afraid. PS3 version contains a key to play on the PS3, you'd need a PC key also to play on PC which doesn't come with the PS3 version.

phierce

No. You would have to buy a copy for both platforms.

Hello FF GAF. I bought the original FF 14 and have been playing a bit in the betas for ARR.

Should I be getting a pre-order code to enter so that I can access the game for early release? Or am I just going to be able to login?

I haven't gotten any codes in my email yet. Thanks yall!

WarMacheen

So I have the 1.0 CE, do I need to buy the CE for 2.0 to get the items like the mount etc.?

edit: not concerned with physical stuff.

Rayjee

That's what I kinda thought. He seemed very sure of himself, but I might have misunderstood if he meant that its cross-platform. Either way, bleh! Thank you! :)

One more question!

If I get the PC version now, log in, play, and everything--then decide that it doesn't run well--buy the PS3 version later--Could I log into the same account? I'm assuming so since its cross-platform and you should be able to log into any account to play the same characters from any system... Right? I hope I'm making sense in how I explain my question.

phierce

That's what I kinda thought. He seemed very sure of himself, but I might have misunderstood if he meant that its cross-platform. Either way, bleh! Thank you! :)

One more question!

If I get the PC version now, log in, play, and everything--then decide that it doesn't run well--buy the PS3 version later--Could I log into the same account? I'm assuming so since its cross-platform and you should be able to log into any account to play the same characters from any system... Right? I hope I'm making sense in how I explain my question.

Yes, that's correct.

Hello FF GAF. I bought the original FF 14 and have been playing a bit in the betas for ARR.

Should I be getting a pre-order code to enter so that I can access the game for early release? Or am I just going to be able to login?

I haven't gotten any codes in my email yet. Thanks yall!

Did you at any point hold a paid subscription for the game for 3 months during your stint playing original FFXIV? If so it's possible that you are a Legacy member and that means you don't need a pre-order code to access the game early. Just use the SE account website to check if you have the Legacy logo on your account if you're not sure.

If you know you're not a Legacy member, then yeah you'd need a pre-order code. Where you get your pre-order code from depends on who you bought the game from.

Alvarez

Banned
Guys, I have a problem.

My friends want to play on a Legacy server, but I don't want to play on a Legacy server (I didn't play 1.0). I want to play on Gilgamesh with the LGBT guilds--but most of my friends aren't LGBT, so they don't want to go to Gilgamesh (understandable). I also have a competitive streak; I'm the type who will want to do significant endgame raiding. I want to kill bosses before others, etc.

What are Legacy servers going to be like? How much of an advantage are 1.0 players going to have over me on a Legacy server?

What do you guys think I should do?

Guys, I have a problem.

My friends want to play on a Legacy server, but I don't want to play on a Legacy server (I didn't play 1.0). I want to play on Gilgamesh with the LGBT guilds--but most of my friends aren't LGBT, so they don't want to go to Gilgamesh (understandable). I also have a competitive streak; I'm the type who will want to do significant endgame raiding. I want to kill bosses before others, etc.

What are Legacy servers going to be like? How much of an advantage are 1.0 players going to have over me on a Legacy server?

Honestly, stick with your friends. Any disadvantage you might have on a Legacy can be overcome, that and nothing beats playing with people your familiar with.

Aeana

Guys, I have a problem.

I'm not sure I see how this part is understandable. Just because LGBT guilds are on Gilgamesh doesn't mean the entire server will be nothing but LGBT folks.

Azriell

I can't speak to what Legacy servers are going to be like because I didn't get very far in 1.0. You'll be at a disadvantage, but so will everyone else who starts playing after launch. If being "world's first" means a lot to you, then I would avoid Legacy servers. I also get why you'd be drawn to a server with strong LGBT affinity if you're a member of that community. But personally I think playing with friends is the most important thing of all. I've carefully manipulated my friends into (hopefully) playing on Ultros so I can get into the GAF guild, but if they do Excalibur instead, like was originally planned, then I'll go along because ultimately they will have a greater impact on my final experience.

I also knew plenty of people who started XI a few years after NA launch, and still managed to be top tier and front-line finishers on new content. And that's really the big lesson, is that even if you arrive late on a server, you have plenty of time to catch up before the first expansion brings a new mountain of stuff to kill first.

Guys, I have a problem.

Play on Gilgamesh and make some awesome new friends :) One of the best aspects of an MMO like this is the community within the game.

As for Legacy servers - there are plenty of legacy players like me that will level up the other jobs and from what I can tell, the lower level content is packed. The dungeon finder (IIRC) gathers players cross server too, so you can tell how that'll work out for you. Legacy players don't have the type of advantage that will affect you very much, but I suppose that may depend on how into end-game activities you'll be.

Good luck!

Raijinken

Pre-ordered the game through PSN on impulse and when I go to downloads the only thing that shows up is the theme. Here is what shows up on the SEN website:
sk8Pk1S.png

Am I still screwed on getting early access? If I don't get in then I guess I'll be fine with it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Pre-ordered the game through PSN on impulse and when I go to downloads the only thing that shows up is the theme. Here is what shows up on the SEN website:
sk8Pk1S.png

Am I still screwed on getting early access? If I don't get in then I guess I'll be fine with it.
Login to the OB client and see what it says or reedownload the OB client.

Animekatt

Although I'm Legacy, I only have 2 jobs at 50, and miner, blacksmithing, and leatherworking at 50. I knew that there was going to be a whole slew of new stuff to enjoy, so I didn't want to try to level up everything before then. I'm so glad I get to have many jobs/crafts to level up now, so I can explore the new world, and enjoy the new mechanics more.

Xilium

I'm not sure I see how this part is understandable. Just because LGBT guilds are on Gilgamesh doesn't mean the entire server will be nothing but LGBT folks.

I think it's more that Alveraz's friends have already decided to go to a different server and the LGBT community being on Gilgamesh isn't a reason for them to change their minds now as they have no particular affiliation with that community. That's how I read the situation.

edotlee

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=22a83d359f6d58eaf2b943711e3f9c019d3451b7

We have identified a technical error for users that have purchased the digital version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition, or Collector’s Edition, from the PlayStation® Network between Tuesday, August 13 and Thursday, August 15.

Rest assured we are working with Sony Computer Entertainment America on the issue and further details will be sent directly to affected users via the PlayStation®3 XrossMediaBar (XMB) message system.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

I bought on the 14th. Damn my luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom