• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

edotlee

I'm not sure how true this is..my buddy preordered through PSN exactly like I did and his shows the right screen his has the message about early access rather than the no service

I figure its like the whole pre-order code mess. Some people were able to get their codes, but the majority were not able to until SE made more of the servers live. Either way I stopped worry about it, so I can actually get something done at work. I'll just pray for the best on Saturday.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anyone else pre-ordered through GMG and got an EU code? I can't redeem it since my account is NA
Im your GMG receipt says NA you have the right region from them. When you go to get your 20 digit code you might get a RAAE (Eu) code if the website wonked out and default logged you into the wrong region.

Isaccard

Could probably squeeze this in the OT for those wanting an abridged version of the story so far, for those who're interested but didint play 1.0.

xvZaCpC.jpg

I'll stop with the images now lol

But Marauder has been a tank since 2010's 1.0 Alpha... there's nothing sudden about that..

Also you said that you're a Legacy player, so how is it knowing that MRD are tanks a "sudden revelation", I don't get wtf you mean.

Was thinking much the same thing after reading the 'sudden revelation' comment. I played MRD/WAR in 1.0 and often out tanked the gladiators, who either had trouble managing hate or weren't geared appropriately. Although if they did have the HP/DEF advantage.

After seeing the 'ultimate weapon' for gladiators though I will definitely be working towards that sooner or later. First priority this weekend will be finishing up the main story quests and catching a minion or two :) (the little crab was my favourite mob in FF11 so I'd love to have one of those following me around.

Xavien

To be honest, no.

Stoneskin, Protect, and hell, even Raise, are better spells than Cure after let's say, level 20, maybe 25.

1-20, yeah, Cure all the way, but later on, those 200~ HP cured are a joke.

Really, it scales that poorly on a THM? surprising. Does caster gear split beyond lvl 20 or something? cause all armour i've seen for casters while playing beta had equal amounts MND and INT.

I'm checking down the list:

- Lawn mowed
- Plants watered
- Dishes washed
- Costco run made, food bought
- Clothing washed

I still have a few things to do:

- Vacuum the floors
- Trader Joe's run, additional food

Things are looking good for launch!

Alucrid

Banned

- Lawn mowed
- Plants watered
- Dishes washed
- Clothing washed

- Vacuum the floors
- Trader Joe's run

Oh sheeet. I'm going to Trader Joes tomorrow as well. Any recommendations?

Khrno

Really, it scales that poorly on a THM? surprising. Does caster gear split beyond lvl 20 or something? cause all armour i've seen for casters while playing beta had equal amounts MND and INT.

No, it's mostly the same for all 3 mages, but THM (and ACN) gets INT traits, while CNJs get MND traits, plus putting all your bonus stats on INT doesn't particularly help with anything MND based, a.k.a Cure I.

Maybe 200 is low at lv50, but don't expect anything like 500, seriously the number is closer to 200 than 500.

Khrno

Was thinking much the same thing after reading the 'sudden revelation' comment. I played MRD/WAR in 1.0 and often out tanked the gladiators, who either had trouble managing hate or weren't geared appropriately. Although if they did have the HP/DEF advantage.

To be honest, MRD's from 1.0 launch until their Yoshi nerf (a.k.a 1.18 or whatever update came after Ifrit when they added combos), was an awesome dps AND tank, I think they actually deserved the nerf, but man, it did hurt me. Anyway MRD has always been a tank since the very start of 1.0

supergiz

- Lawn mowed
- Plants watered
- Dishes washed
- Clothing washed

- Vacuum the floors

I am about to go get food tonight. Any suggestions for quick (rather cheap) and easy yet not incredibly unhealthy?

Oh sheeet. I'm going to Trader Joes tomorrow as well. Any recommendations?

Hmm.

Well, the frozen section has some amazing enchiladas. You can get them from the fresh premade meals section too if you'll eat them within a day or two.

I really like their sushi, and I also really like the "Greek tacos" from the fresh premade section. I don't know what their real name is, but they are this Greek gyro-like thing in flatbread folded like a taco.

I also gotta have a few boxes of the mochi ice cream, that's something I always pick up when I'm there.

For those of you like me who are heading straight home from work to play since I'm working Saturday (uggggg), don't forget you get a huge fucking sandwich and a bowl of soup from Safeway for like $6 with your Club Card!

omlet

- Lawn mowed
- Plants watered
- Dishes washed
- Clothing washed

- Vacuum the floors

- Cleaned house
- Cleaned kitchen
- Did laundry
- Installed new blinds on front windows
- Got desk rearranged
- Paid the bills

Tomorrow is
- Haircut
- Grocery store
- Oil change
- Yard work
- Bed early

Then it's party time.

edotlee

I was leveling up around the Central Shroud area when a huge Gobbue was sprinting towards me. Scared for my life I hit the sprint button and started to run, but then I realized it was just a mount. --;

Alucrid

Banned
Hmm.

Well, the frozen section has some amazing enchiladas. You can get them from the fresh premade meals section too if you'll eat them within a day or two.

I really like their sushi, and I also really like the "Greek tacos" from the fresh premade section. I don't know what their real name is, but they are this Greek gyro-like thing in flatbread folded like a taco.

I also gotta have a few boxes of the mochi ice cream, that's something I always pick up when I'm there.

For those of you like me who are heading straight home from work to play since I'm working Saturday (uggggg), don't forget you get a huge fucking sandwich and a bowl of soup from Safeway for like $6 with your Club Card!

Never tried their enchiladas but those and the greek tacos sound good, thanks. Mochi ice cream sounds rather fitting as well.

Xavien

Having phase 4 client downloaded means I can skip downloading again for early access right? If not well gotta wait for hours again downloading new client ...booooo.

Yep, phase 4 client is the release client. So no extra client download required.

Khrno

I have the Goobbue mount, but I don't even really like or use it, lol. It's too big and feels way too slow compared to the chocobo. xD

Although the speed of all mounts is the same, the Gobbue does seems slower due to the size. To be honest I will only use the Ahriman from subscribing 3 months, or the Chocobo with Behemoth barding.

For anybody going to Trader Joes, get some pulled pork and buns. Solid choice!

Hey speaking of food, is there a site that lists all of the foods in game and their recipes?

To be honest, no.

Stoneskin, Protect, and hell, even Raise, are better spells than Cure after let's say, level 20, maybe 25.

1-20, yeah, Cure all the way, but later on, those 200~ HP cured are a joke.

You're forgetting about the nerf to Stoneskin, it wouldn't even last a single hit against anything you would actually need/want to use it for considering how little 10% of a THM's HP pool is.

Animekatt

Haha, no I meant your character name was an obvious target of the naming policy. But the general sentiment is that it's not likely to be enforced so I wouldn't worry much. Should come up with a back up name, just incase maybe

Yeah, when I used the name back at the 1.0 launch, I was going for a more recognizable name, as I've used an original name in XI. I hope they don't enforce it, as everyone knows me as "Ammy". XD

Oh god, earlier in the day I managed to log into the client with all my proper credentials to install the patch and now my password no longer works on either the website or the client. Telling me my password is wrong. Please tell me I wasn't hacked. My password is muscle memory at this point.

LowParry

Wait, the full client is just (rounded) 9 gigs? I'd of thought it'd be a little bigger than that. Game looks so damn good for that much gig space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom