• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'll eventually level both.

So when I log into the Lodestone, I only see one of my characters (my legacy character). I don't see the character I made for Phase 4 beta. Also, my legacy character doesn't reflect any of the progress I made during Phase 4. I see all the cool images of people's characters and levels, some of which are obviously from phase 4 with progress in tact, so am I logging into the wrong place to see this stuff?

Nope, from the sounds of it you logged into the right place. It's just really wonky right now, in fact I'm having the exact opposite of the problem you're having. My Phase 4 character shows up, but my legacy character doesn't show up.

daveo42

Banned
You know, I don't like healing, never liked to be WHM on either FFXI or FFXIV v1.0, however SCH sounds more interesting, not just healing but buffing up at the same time, and using the Fairies pets, so worst case, is that I just completely unlocked SCH, but just played as SMN.

Anyway, there is absolutely no reason to deny that a WHM+SCH combo will be the best healing setup for endgame. WHMx2 or SCHx2 will not work as well as one of each job.

End game will certainly be more interesting, though it seems we have a decent amount of of us on GAF, most playing on Ultros. Based on what SCH can do too, they just seem like they'd be more engaging during combat instead of flatout heals. I'm almost thinking of switching over...

This is how I feel. I like WHM, but SCH just looks a lot more interesting to play as personally. The abilities have cool mechanics, and you even have a fairy pet you can control.

Yeah...all that isn't helping. Maybe I will make the switch, but I gotta think about it. WHM has always been my go to healer.

Salaadin

So when I log into the Lodestone, I only see one of my characters (my legacy character). I don't see the character I made for Phase 4 beta. Also, my legacy character doesn't reflect any of the progress I made during Phase 4. I see all the cool images of people's characters and levels, some of which are obviously from phase 4 with progress in tact, so am I logging into the wrong place to see this stuff?
Lodestone is outdated. New site launches next week.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
In a character you get 100 slots on your character, 25 slots per equipment type on your Armoury Chest, the Armoire in the Inn, and 350 inventory spaces divided in two retainers.

So realistically, an alt is not needed, unless you decided to level up all gathering classes at the same time, while keeping all the items without crafting them or selling them.
They do give a lot of free slots for free and it's awesome. How high certain items stack will be another factor on how many less slots you need. But, my main on WoW had 365 slots and my 10 alts gave me 2,190 extra. Not maximized. The bags are packed with items. I also had 1 man guild on one of the toons with another 500, also not maximized. I also used the ability to mail items to all characters and keep items in the mail for 30 days. With all of that, people still gripe about invetory space in that game. I do expect to reach the limit in FFXIV.

akaoni

Banned

Click forums;

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

tenchir

You want to look at the official forum to see your phase 4 characters.

edit: beaten.

supergiz

What was the daily limit on the official forums for posts? Does it increase over time?

bah nm found it :(

3 posts per day until 24

barrin87

Anyone else not getting the Cait sith and mog hat when redeeming PS3 code? It only shows client in the download list

I just barely used my early access code and it showed the Cait Sith and mog hat in my services list. I preordered the PS3 physical CE. The CE items aren't showing up though so I take it that that will come in the actual CE.

Khrno

They do give a lot of free slots for free and it's awesome. How high certain items stack will be another factor on how many less slots you need. But, my main on WoW had 365 slots and my 10 alts gave me 2,190 extra. Not maximized. The bags are packed with items. I also had 1 man guild on one of the toons with another 500, also not maximized. I also used the ability to mail items to all characters and keep items in the mail for 30 days. With all of that, people still gripe about invetory space in that game. I do expect to reach the limit in FFXIV.

You are saying you had over 3k items stored?

Dude, I have no idea how you play, do you own the servers' economy by buying/selling stuff at the prices you set by yourself?

I mean, why would you even have 3k items? I don't really know anything about WoW, but in ARR unless you don't use the items, you seriously won't need more than those 500~ slots.

I can't decide which job I want to try first lol

What are you guys starting off with?
dragoon.png

Look at that armor. Just look at it.

Plus, I wanna jump like Freya =p

edotlee

For the people who ordered FFXIV off the PSN and are still getting this screen:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kwv8j/bought_ffxiv_arr_on_psn_early_access/

I just wanted to let everyone know, per I was really freaked out about it, that if you bought it from the PSN you will get the screen that says you do not have a valid account to play FFXIV. I waited on hold for 4 hours today because everyone was putting up all those posts about how your screen needs to tell you to wait for early access or you did something wrong. I called and he told me that if you pre-ordered the game from the PSN, your screen will change on the 24th and not to be worried. As everyone already knows you can see that you got early access when you purchased it by looking under the account management and clicking on FFXIV ARR. It just had me worried per my screen still told me that I did not have a valid account. If you are like me you may be on hold right now worried, so I wanted to post this to let you guys know that everything is going to be okay. See everyone in 1 more day!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You are saying you had over 3k items stored?

Dude, I have no idea how you play, do you own the servers' economy by buying/selling stuff at the prices you set by yourself?

I mean, why would you even have 3k items? I don't really know anything about WoW, but in ARR unless you don't use the items, you seriously won't need more than those 500~ slots.
I can't guage how much space I'll need for this game and I'm very happy with the amount of space offered on one toon.

First, after 6 years, you have a lot of items you want to keep. In WoW I was wealthy, but no where near the top by quite a large margin. The main issue was a product of having all professions and how low items stacked. For example, ore only stacked to 20 per slot. Some days I would buy 100-200 stacks if they were real cheap to prospect into gems to cut into special gems that had desierable stats to be put into slots on gear. Bots made ore really cheap to buy in bulk. Then you have inscription. I may have had 100 unquie glyps that altered different abilities at a time to sell to classes that took up slots. My AH charactar that sat by the AH NPC and a mailbox had about 100 slots full of items to try and sell. There were addons to auto loot mail, auto list and undercut items, and auto end auctions that were priced wrong. So I only spent 20 minutes a day listing and another 20 converting items to list. I hated the AH, spent a fraction of the time messing with it compared to many, but a man had to make monies.

akaoni

Banned

I have no idea.... Maybe Warrior since there's a shortage and I've played support classes for like... every MMO I played in the past 10 years - or casters.

anyone use a wireless keyboard and mouse? i want to lay in bed and play (actually i just need a wireless KB and 360 controller) there's no latency issue?

I'm a Legacy 1.0 player, so I've already a Warrior at 50 w/ Paladin and 4/5 PLD AF.

......So I started off at a PUG because I LIKE PUNCHING THINGS (and I wasn't a fan of Marauder's sudden revelation of it being a tank class in Phase 3 beta....it irked me and I felt like I sucked at tanking.)

teiresias

If I log into the lodestone - which doesn't show my new character - and pick my old 1.0 character at the account selection screen will I be screwed up forever?

akaoni

Banned
The lodestone is still the OG lodestone. The forums are the only part that have been switched thus far. OG lodestone will also be switched when it's ready (we saw the beta and stuff of parts already).

It's confusing everybody.

Khrno

I'm a Legacy 1.0 player, so I've already a Warrior at 50 w/ Paladin and 4/5 PLD AF.

......So I started off at a PUG because I LIKE PUNCHING THINGS (and I wasn't a fan of Marauder's sudden revelation of it being a tank class in Phase 3 beta....it irked me and I felt like I sucked at tanking.)

But Marauder has been a tank since 2010's 1.0 Alpha... there's nothing sudden about that..

Also you said that you're a Legacy player, so how is it knowing that MRD are tanks a "sudden revelation", I don't get wtf you mean.

LowParry

Anyone else pre-ordered through GMG and got an EU code? I can't redeem it since my account is NA

I reentered mine which gave me a NA code. However I think you're going to have to speak to SE support. When I spoke with them, I gave them my pre order code and early access code. I'm assuming they did something with it because I've received 2 emails with that same exact early access code to use.

Xilium

I'll be going Arcanist/Summoner route first. My secondary class/job combo was going to be Puglist/Monk but the more I look into that class, the more complicated/involved it seems. I can freely admit that I'm not the best at dealing with a large number of skills in complex and varying rotations and from what I've been researching, that's the Monk to a tee.

If I'm feeling brave I may go down the healer route with Scholar (split my Archanist bonus points between INT and PIE), otherwise, I'll go with Archer/Bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom