• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveirg

My PS3 client goes up to the login screen but gets stuck on "Checking Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" after entering my credentials.

Is that the behavior everyone's getting?

My PS3 client goes up to the login screen but gets stuck on "Checking Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" after entering my credentials.

Is that the behavior everyone's getting?

Mine did that once earlier, I restarted it and now it all went through - it's downloading a 1827 MB update for the client right now.

Pre-ordered the game through PSN on impulse and when I go to downloads the only thing that shows up is the theme. Here is what shows up on the SEN website:
sk8Pk1S.png

Am I still screwed on getting early access? If I don't get in then I guess I'll be fine with it.

No, you're good. I think they took the client down because of the errors that was there from 08/13-15. Just look in your download list on the PS3 and see if you can DL there.

Reveirg

Mine did that once earlier, I restarted it and now it all went through - it's downloading a 1827 MB update for the client right now.

Huh, tried resetting it, this time the legal agreement page came up, but I got a weird graphical bug and I can't see the "next" button.

I can check the "accept user agreement" box though.

Khatoz

I'm gonna try to get a good night's sleep on Friday so I can binge on the weekend... that'll mean sleeping past the first few hours after HS launch which works anyway to avoid the rush.

Same here, also if we go by other MMORPG's launches, the first few hours the servers will be hammered, might be better to just get a good night sleep and play fresh instead of being awake and frustrated all night.

Xavien

Same here, also if we go by other MMORPG's launches, the first few hours the servers will be hammered, might be better to just get a good night sleep and play fresh instead of being awake and frustrated all night.

From what we know of phase 4, the login server will be hammered, but if you can login before the server collapses in on itself you should be fine for the rest of the weekend :p

The servers open at 5AM EST/2AM PST on Saturday, August 24.

HItting the hay early then. Maybe i can call in sick from work and just hammer out my first 15 levels of GLD and MIN at least. Rerolling first thing was not part of the plan :( Maybe i'll go ultros and level with my friends some other time.

Teknoman

So...i decided to preorder a copy of the game just to get a code for the mog cap and extra preorder stuff. How are we supposed to check our special registered items list again?

EDIT: Hmm...supposed to go out Friday night. Wonder if i'll be able to get up early enough lol.

Hubb

So...i decided to preorder a copy of the game just to get a code for the mog cap and extra preorder stuff. How are we supposed to check our special registered items list again?

EDIT: Hmm...supposed to go out Friday night. Wonder if i'll be able to get up early enough lol.

Register the code and it should show up at the end of registration.

http://imgur.com/a/nMzcq A lot of these are in game. Leo and Bear armor look insane. I just realized we have no idea what hte full game could be hiding, considering all the armors and icons we've seen are just representations of what was in the game in 1.0

jspeerbr

Neo Member
Im soo ready!!!

MDOwP5j

Finally fixed my ps3 code and I would love to meet all of you online Saturday morning! with my swanky chocobo!

My sleep schedule has been all messed up since waking up for the beta extension at 5am last week. It's only going to get worse come Saturday. God help me.

Reveirg, Animekatt, I'm Mobi Mobi :) I'm going to be taking all of the tanking jobs up first and I'm going to figure out exactly how STR works in every possible scenario.

Speaking of which, I'm stuck on how Attack Power affects Physical DMG. Earlier, I was looking into just how much STR you need to increase your Physical DMG by 1 point - the answer fluctuates slightly with Level, current weapon DMG, and diminishing returns, but it's approximately:

4.285 STR = 1 Physical DMG (This is a fair amount, considering Weapon Physical DMG is a low number)

However, I don't know how Attack Power plays into this. Does it work like defense mitigation upon your target? Does it increase the ceiling of possible DMG done? Does it work with your Potency in some way (if so, STR could be even better for Weaponskills than Physical DMG could show!). It's all speculation right now, can't wait for the game to release and get a parser going for some real analysis to begin.

Zomba13

The Garlond Goggles were a pre-order gift for Version 1.0.

(I'm still depressed I missed out on the Asuran Armguards and Hermes Shoes.)

Same, though I missed otu on the Goggles and Shoes. Shoes because I didn't have an active FFXI sub at the time, I quit and uninstalled it to stop me going back and I missed out on the goggled because I pre-ordered the CE rather than the Standard.

Reveirg

I hope I won't get the same phase 4 dungeon bug in retail.

I'd get some extreme lag and couldn't see the character models of my teammate in satasha and tam-tara.

I know the bug has been reported in phase 3, but I hope it's fixed now and unrelated to my isp/internet connection.

Raijinken

Anyone know if it's possible for the PS3 version to allow music to be played from the XMB? I know the soundtrack for the game is great but I really just want to create a large playlist of Final Fantasy music I can listen to while I play.

Riposte

I'm pretty sure I did everything for the hermes shoes, but they didn't give it to already made characters. Not sure if I'll ever get them.

Anyone know if it's possible for the PS3 version to allow music to be played from the XMB? I know the soundtrack for the game is great but I really just want to create a large playlist of Final Fantasy music I can listen to while I play.

I actually started the launcher to try it out and you can't access the XMB from inside the launcher. It gives the "You Cannot Pass" icon in the upper right corner of the screen instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom