• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Hitting 5, shift + 5, or ctrl + 5 is easier for me to manage than using the game targeting system, clicking on a character with my mouse, or clicking on party bar with mouse while moving around.
What can I say, I'm a lazy healer...

Why not just use Mouseover Macros?

Sophia

I had so many allies die during my WHM days beacuse of accidental heals on the wrong target because I forgot about <mo>.

I will never heal without them in an MMO. They made me a god among mundane players in WoW.

I'm glad that they're in FFXIV, although I wish their functionality was improved. Right now they can (apparently?) only be set for one conditional (that is, the mouseover), which means they error out if nothing is under your cursor.

KPJZKC

So what servers are people playing on? EU here, so Ragnarok seems the only choice going by the OT, but there's something appealing about joining a (relatively) newer economy/market.

dcye

I play on Phoenix and am quite enjoying it. Have a good sized FC of largely active people though its been a bit quiet recently.

Ken

df titan hm with some fc members

got a party of 3 with relics and allagan accessories but decided to play in lightning gear

SO FUNNY

:/

dcye

Oh I am on Phoenix, too. Who are you playing with?

Yeah I was the guy messaging you about maybe getting in on a Titan run but I got in on one with the FC we merged with and never chased it up. I'm with Dango at the moment.

Tash

Yeah I was the guy messaging you about maybe getting in on a Titan run but I got in on one with the FC we merged with and never chased it up. I'm with Dango at the moment.

Oh right. Glad you got it done, though :)

Currently on my third relic for SCH, myself.

Sophia

Real WHM players use a 360 pad.

And like it!

Believe it or not.... using a pad, due to the current design of the game, is actually ever so slightly faster (and a whole lot more comfortable) then conventional healing. Still doesn't beat the speed of a good mousoever macro tho.

aceface

Have to jump on the war traaaaain lol

WAR! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! (until the buff)

Bad joke for Black Friday morning.
I'm thinking of biting on this due to all the sales. How approachable is it for someone who doesn't care for mmo's and prefers classic turn based rpgs?

For me coming at this as a fan of the FF games moreso than MMO's I thought it was perfect. It's not turn based combat but is pretty close to newer games in the single player genre like FFXII or Xenoblade. You can do most of the main story solo if you want. You have to party for required dungeons but it's not too much of a hassle. I've really enjoyed playing with the GAF folks on Ultros.

Ragnarok here. The community is quite friendly so far (aside from the occasional nutjob).

Yeah Ultros is like that too, everyone is really nice but then you get guys like Qhon.

df titan hm with some fc members

got a party of 3 with relics and allagan accessories but decided to play in lightning gear

SO FUNNY

:/

Oh hey Qhon. WE'RE HAVING FUN HERE! CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE HAVING FUN!

Ultros, GAF FC for life.

Remember you promised to wait for me to do Cutter's Cry. However, forecasts on attaining level 38 keep getting pushed back like 2.1. We're looking at deep into next week!

I will never heal without them in an MMO. They made me a god among mundane players in WoW.

I'm glad that they're in FFXIV, although I wish their functionality was improved. Right now they can (apparently?) only be set for one conditional (that is, the mouseover), which means they error out if nothing is under your cursor.

This is not correct. I have Adlo set up with <mo> first and <me> next so if I mouse over a party member it will heal them, but if I don't it will fall back to heal me. Similarly, I have Lustrate set to go <mo> then <t> because I always have the tank targetted, so I can easily Lustrate when they are low, or I can mouse over any one, including myself, if an emergency Lustrate is necessary.

Sophia

This is not correct. I have Adlo set up with <mo> first and <me> next so if I mouse over a party member it will heal them, but if I don't it will fall back to heal me. Similarly, I have Lustrate set to go <mo> then <t> because I always have the tank targetted, so I can easily Lustrate when they are low, or I can mouse over any one, including myself, if an emergency Lustrate is necessary.

I tried that, but it didn't appear to work. Guess I'll give it another shot later on.

EDIT: Yeah I just get an error. How exactly are you setting it up to have multiple conditionals?

EDIT 2: Oh, you just add the same spell again with a different target. Well that's an ass-backards way to do it, even if it does work.

gatti-man

Got my first allagan piece yesterday (boots). After losing out on five rolls it was bitter sweet. Any word on FC housing costs? My FC has over a mill saved and tons of raw materials.

I tried that, but it didn't appear to work. Guess I'll give it another shot later on.

EDIT: Yeah I just get an error. How exactly are you setting it up to have multiple conditionals?

EDIT 2: Oh, you just add the same spell again with a different target. Well that's an ass-backards way to do it, even if it does work.

Yeah it's not an elegant solution, but it does work. I do the same thing with my DPS spells so I can either target them with <tt> through the tank, or <t> if I'm not targeting the tank for whatever reason.

Sophia

Yeah it's not an elegant solution, but it does work. I do the same thing with my DPS spells so I can either target them with <tt> through the tank, or <t> if I'm not targeting the tank for whatever reason.

It's unreliable, because it's not actually a proper conditional. Rather, the game is simply trying to cast all three spells sequentially. I tried it for an Ifrit run and just went back to using a single line mouseover for the spell. ><;

Taruranto

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/89362-装備の現状・・・?p=1608891#post1608891

translation (not mine):

As of Patch 2.1, all Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy recipes requiring more than 1125 Tomes will be adjusted to only require 1125 Tomes.

Everything about the recipes alone were fine, but considering all of the new additions with the upcoming release, we took player expenses into consideration and made adjustments as we saw fit.

It's unreliable, because it's not actually a proper conditional. Rather, the game is simply trying to cast all three spells sequentially. I tried it for an Ifrit run and just went back to using a single line mouseover for the spell. ><;

Hey Sophia, on which server do you play? I don't think I know.

Unreliable how? I grant it's not ideal, but I've never experienced it doing the wrong thing (i.e. it never heals me if I'm mousing over a party member)

WolvenOne

Question.

Are they still going to do that thing, where two Free Companies could go to war, and the losing side would be merged with the winning? (Not entirely certain I even understood that right.)

Just, occurred to me, that this would be an effective means of getting past the 1 House per FC limit, if they're indeed still doing it.

Sargatanas GAF is not inactive, we're just waiting for our moment to attack!

gJ7yTTP.jpg

FC is still quite active but I don't see most GAF members, neither I play that much anymore

Note: Image is just a random reunion of DRG on Sargatanas, everbody and his mother has a 50 DRG there...

WolvenOne

So, a few days ago, during a WP run, we were doing the lockout on the first boss, when the power went out for two of our party members, locking them out of the boss arena as well. So we essentially went into that fight, with only myself (WAR Tank,) and the Healer (White Mage.)

Well, the whole fight felt more like a slog than anything else, when somehow, the Healer was killed when the Boss still had somewhere between a third and half its HP left.

Well, I figured that even against this weak boss, this run would end up a Wipe, but, since nobody was around to take aggro from me, I switched to the HP Leech rotation, started using Bloodbath every chance I had, and immediately shot off Inner Beast whenever I had full Wrath stacks.

Surprisingly, it worked, the boss went down and I still had about 300HP left in the Tank. I know it's one of the weaker bosses, but I still count it as one of my better accomplishments in this game. (The Healers too, there's no way I would've lasted so long if Vivid hadn't done such a good job keeping my HP topped off.)

Gotta say though, ever since then I've been extra sad about losing such a large chunk of my HP leeching abilities. I understand why, seeing as they're under-powered now, and it'd be absurdly each to make WAR overpowered if they simply buffed the HP-Leech margins.

Still, I'm going to miss the small degree of Independence those self-heals allowed me. It may have only been good for emergencies, and useless against the really tough bosses, but still!

suzu

What does your mouseover healing macro look like exactly? I've been trying to figure out how to make them work, but I'm confused. :eek:

Ken

What does your mouseover healing macro look like exactly? I've been trying to figure out how to make them work, but I'm confused. :eek:

iirc it's something like...

/ac Cure <t>
/ac Cure <mo>
/ac Cure <me>

When you hit this macro, it will try to fire off whichever one works first from top to bottom. If you've got a target selected, it will begin casting on that. If no target, it checks if your mouse is over an eligible target. If none, you just cast it on yourself.

Or for something like DPS:

/ac "True Thrust" <tt>
/ac "True Thrust" <t>

Prioritizing if you have your tank targeted and then if you have your own target. I guess it's a nice way to always ensure you have something being cast on GCD? I personally just do everything manually since I feel more in control of every GCD.

evanmisha

Just picked this up and heading to Ultros. Excited!

Also, is anyone still selling any pre-order codes? They expire at the end of year, so I'm hoping to snag one asap.

Sophia

Sorry. >.<

Don't get me wrong, the GAF guild are all cool folks, but these were people I had played with on and off for over three years. Even met some of them in real life. I couldn't possibly pass up when I heard they were all organized again.

iirc it's something like...

/ac Cure <t>
/ac Cure <mo>
/ac Cure <me>

When you hit this macro, it will try to fire off whichever one works first from top to bottom. If you've got a target selected, it will begin casting on that. If no target, it checks if your mouse is over an eligible target. If none, you just cast it on yourself.

Or for something like DPS:

/ac "True Thrust" <tt>
/ac "True Thrust" <t>

Prioritizing if you have your tank targeted and then if you have your own target. I guess it's a nice way to always ensure you have something being cast on GCD? I personally just do everything manually since I feel more in control of every GCD.

If you do make macros like this, you'll wish to either disable error messages in your log or put them on another tab. Otherwise your screen is going to get spammed due to the way they're executed.

Ken

If you do make macros like this, you'll wish to either disable error messages in your log or put them on another tab. Otherwise your screen is going to get spammed due to the way they're executed.

Ah yeah, I have that disabled too.

Along with the BGM.

Kenai

So people weren't kidding about the bard AF being aesthetically terrible. At least the pants. The rest I can deal with, but it looks like the pants were sewn together from two halves of entirely different pieces of clothing. You'd think a class with a history of performing in front of people would know how to dress better. :(

Edit: ^ Grats!

kierwynn

So people weren't kidding about the bard AF being aesthetically terrible. At least the pants. The rest I can deal with, but it looks like the pants were sewn together from two halves of entirely different pieces of clothing. You'd think a class with a history of performing in front of people would know how to dress better. :(

Excuse you, brd af is perfection (at least on guys- I hate how the girl version is missing the undershirt part). Was so excited to get my jester pants. <3

Reknoc

bard af is the best. you just cannot handle how fabulous it is

edgefusion

Got Mining and Goldsmith both to 50 this week, very chuffed! Next week I'll get my Relic+1, good times for Ravishan Goldhawk in Eorzea! Next is alchemy I think, it seems like the least popular of the classes so I'll give it some love.

Got Mining and Goldsmith both to 50 this week, very chuffed! Next week I'll get my Relic+1, good times for Ravishan Goldhawk in Eorzea! Next is alchemy I think, it seems like the least popular of the classes so I'll give it some love.

It's the least popular cause its expensive and doesn't make anything really worth it in my opinion(aka I am too cheap to spend 10k for 3 potions). The AF looks cool though.

edgefusion

I was a monk before it was cool and I'll be an alchemist before it's cool too, even if it bankrupts me!
Already bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom