• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeitgeist

Wow, that SCH guide kills me.

I'm only SCH in dungeons because I get groups faster but it is growing on me. Lustrate changed everything.

rykomatsu

So we did a non-traditional Titan HM with 2 tanks, 4 healers, and 2 dps...

4hlr_2tnk_2dps_titan.jpg

This was more successful than our standard group setup tonight of 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 dps...

On a positive note, we got 5 people through their relic quests tonight :)

WolvenOne

4hlr_2tnk_2dps_titan.jpg

This was more successful than our standard group setup tonight of 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 dps...

Dang, so you finally succeeded in one of your non-traditional runs. XD

Sorry I wasn't around to help out. Didn't expect to be making pies until 11PM my time. X_X

chrono01

4hlr_2tnk_2dps_titan.jpg

I always hate missing these HM Titan runs. It's such an enjoyable fight.

Honestly, it's one of the better fights I've done in any MMO, quite possibly my favorite overall. I can't really explain why, it just feels...right.

wrongway

4hlr_2tnk_2dps_titan.jpg

Haha, those hotbars. So many macros!

Seriously though -- great group, or greatest group? lol

WolvenOne

Haha, those hotbars. So many macros!

Seriously though -- great group, or greatest group? lol

If I remember correctly, those are mostly just 3 spells, only they're each assigned to different members of the party. So, Vivid never has to scroll or click the various players.

Tash

4hlr_2tnk_2dps_titan.jpg

what's with all the macros 0_o ?!

rykomatsu

I want in on those non traditional Titan runs...

I asked for a dps in FC today...I got Bookey. Where were you?!

what's with all the macros 0_o ?!

Hitting 5, shift + 5, or ctrl + 5 is easier for me to manage than using the game targeting system, clicking on a character with my mouse, or clicking on party bar with mouse while moving around.
What can I say, I'm a lazy healer...

desu

21.49mb patch on PS3, don't know about PC. Anybody know what it is?

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Nov. 27)

The following issues were addressed.

Players are sometimes able to wear combinations of equipment that are not normally possible or intended.
Target markers and action bars are sometimes not displayed correctly.

The following countermeasure has been implemented.

Implemented countermeasure against issue wherein communications would sometimes experience lag.

Think PC patch is like 70 or something.

Mr. RHC

So I take it that mostly top tier content comes with 2.1? I guess for things like Crystal Tower, you need a top team as well?

chrono01

So I take it that mostly top tier content comes with 2.1? I guess for things like Crystal Tower, you need a top team as well?
Actually, Crystal Tower is a step down from the current end-game content [Bahamut's Coil].

It was supposed to be released at launch and be used in-between Amdapor Keep and Bahamut's Coil, but it didn't make it.

Coverly

Just started the game for the first time about an hr ago, so far I'm really liking it. Though I had originally bought it when it came out 2 years ago, that version was so bad I stopped playing in just a few days.

I made a character on Ultros and filled out an application for the gaf guild (character name Bettle Dungie). I'm going scholar after reading some of Aeana's post on the class, it sounds really interesting.

Honestly, it's one of the better fights I've done in any MMO, quite possibly my favorite overall. I can't really explain why, it just feels...right.

I completely agree. Titan HM is probably my favorite fight in any MMO, unless we count PSO as one in which case it's Gal Gryphon from Ep. II.

Nohar

Finally killed Titan, thanks to a group of wonderful players! Now all that's left to do in order to get my relic is to farm those 900 tokens (and 300 more the next week for the +1 version). I'm incredibly happy (and relieved).

Kenai

I made a character on Ultros and filled out an application for the gaf guild (character name Bettle Dungie). I'm going scholar after reading some of Aeana's post on the class, it sounds really interesting.

Join the nerd brigade today! We have thick glasses, op pets, heavy books, and cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

So massive ban wave came through...finally. Hopefully this curbs some of the frustrating gil spam, we'll see.

You're making me want to log in and see if my blacklist got thinned any.

aceface

Man I thought I was ahead of the curve being a Scholar. Now everyone is riding the scholar wave...and I go so slow you'll all be to 50 before me. Maybe I'll switch to tank or something.

lol, I love it how I'm the only one who goes after the loot in AK. I wish the parties were willing to go after most of the chests, I love me some loot.

Only 20 tomes away from max...if I wasn't going to work tonight, I bet I could hit it.

Ken

lol, I love it how I'm the only one who goes after the loot in AK. I wish the parties were willing to go after most of the chests, I love me some loot.

Only 20 tomes away from max...if I wasn't going to work tonight, I bet I could hit it.

probably because everyone already has full AK sets

kunonabi

I'm thinking of biting on this due to all the sales. How approachable is it for someone who doesn't care for mmo's and prefers classic turn based rpgs?

Kenai

I'm thinking of biting on this due to all the sales. How approachable is it for someone who doesn't care for mmo's and prefers classic turn based rpgs?

There's nothing in the way of turn based combat really, although the main story is more classic (and welcome) RPG fare to me. There's not as much heavy movement as WoW or something (most of the time anyway) but there will be red mob aoe and stuff to avoid.

If you've played Xenoblade you might have an idea of what the combat is like, although that's not a super close comparison. it's just the closest I can think of.

Mupod

Combat is pretty generic, mostly makes up for it in dungeon design. Story quests are pretty good, and the soundtrack is awesome. I don't see it changing anyone's mind regarding MMORPGs though.

Ultrabum

What's a fair price for Garuda's Feather? 500k-ish?

I sold one a month ago for 300K

I think they said they were increasing the drop rate in 2.1 maybe too, so I'd say it's worth even less than that.

It really depends on your server though, I'd just start shouting lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom