• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Thanks a lot for the input :)
So you never use her manually? You leave her on guard at all times?
I actually think the fact that Eos is still using Whispering Dawn during Obey is a bug - since Garuda doesn't use her other skills even though I use Contagion manually at all times.
Doing Steady -> Obey works fine for Garuda but not for Eos with Dawn.

I still think using her on Obey and manually cast embrace on mt intense pounding is better. If she is casting a few Dawns in between, that doesn't really matter..never had issues with CDs (well never meaning with my limited experience with Ifrit HM and AK ;p)

I definitely use her Embrace and stuff manually, but I tend to only do that when her longer cds are getting ready to come off CD during a boss fight (the Fey Covenant and illumination) so that I can use them better, so as soon as they are on CD again I let her do her own thing *unless* it is heavy duty tank spam time (like a couple stacks of Steel Scale or Dreadnaught solo). The rest of the time Eos does a pretty good job spot healing the raid while saving me and my co healer mp if I let her Embrace on her own, especially since the hassle of switching out of Guard that often would likely affect my reactive healing and mob observation in other (bad) ways.

I would love if each ability had it's own toggle on whether or not the pet would use it by itself al la WoW, but considering how this is definitely the most powerful healing pet I have ever seen in an MMO before I will put up with a little bit of extra hassle while they refine everything. If it's A.I. was good enough people might actually consider it OP without anything else being changed so there's that too.

Khatoz

Maybe not new crafting items, aside from possibly Furniture, but as it is now, players saving for ilv 90 gear via Mythology Tomes also get Philosophy Tomes... what else would you spend it on besides Mats to sell to crafters? I think is why the prices are tanking...

Pretty much market oversaturation and not that many people buying 2 star items anymore, I'm surprised it took this long for the market to tank once more, was expecting it to tank a couple of weeks ago.

studyguy

Maybe not new crafting items, aside from possibly Furniture, but as it is now, players saving for ilv 90 gear via Mythology Tomes also get Philosophy Tomes... what else would you spend it on besides Mats to sell to crafters? I think is why the prices are tanking...

The thing is we don't have a single clue as to what PvP holds for crafters beyond a mention that crafters would be involved somehow a while back. YoshiP has always added crafts for each content patch that scale with new content in the past. It may be that furniture functions as the main content injection for crafters this time around (and in that case it is quite a bit), but I'd bet money that there will be some gear crafting hidden among the furniture as well... though my bet is aimed at PvP, not progression.

Khatoz

The thing is we don't have a single clue as to what PvP holds for crafters beyond a mention that crafters would be involved somehow a while back. YoshiP has always added crafts for each content patch that scale with new content in the past. It may be that furniture functions as the main content injection for crafters this time around (and in that case it is quite a bit), but I'd bet money that there will be some gear crafting hidden among the furniture as well... though my bet is aimed at PvP, not progression.

Would agree with this, there's no real need to currently add pve progression gear at the moment as there's already many venues for this currently in game.

Ken

It's like none of you have been around for new gear since 1.0.
Every single non-unique piece of dungeon gear has been throwaway color swaps for common gear (lol alpine jackets and kokkoroon's mail). The only thing you should all be looking forward to is CT gear which will be the only unique designs.

CT gear will probably be from that 2.1 imgur folder then? Those looked pretty nice.

http://imgur.com/a/MtCuK

Also the ugly loot is from PS. Says right in the article it's what you get for clearing the lighthouse aka PS.

WolvenOne

BTW, since I have no better way of contacting my Coil group when I'm not logged in.

Probably will be a bit late tonight, on account of needing to bake Pumpkin pie. Yes I know, but, pie is serious bidniss!

pitbull

Banned
BTW, since I have no better way of contacting my Coil group when I'm not logged in.

Probably will be a bit late tonight, on account of needing to bake Pumpkin pie. Yes I know, but, pie is serious bidniss!

no prob tia, I'll let them know ill tank for um and show um t5 ;)

Also everyone should tell Drama congrats for seeing coil for the first time and clearing T1-4

suzu

TITAN BETTER WATCH OUT

iohWBzZv0PYTE.jpg

Riley: ....

WolvenOne

Awful. I was going to buy KH1.5, but it was like $13 for standard shipping.

Well, Amazon's going to be running the same deals tonight, but their videogame flash deals always vanish in a flash, so I went ahead and ordered off Square's store. Shipping was only 7USD for me, which isn't too bad. Shame it's so much for you though, you must live further from their warehouses.

studyguy

Any of you guys have any good guides for Monks?

Dragon kick dragon kick dragon kick
try a bootshine out of curiousity to test it then cry about it on the inside
DRAGON KICK DRAGON KICK DRAGON KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKK

See Fig 1:
bruce-lee-kareem-flying-kick-dragon.jpg

There's stuff between Dragon Kicks... but no one can agree on what.

studyguy

It's basically

DoT's up?
If not put them up.

GL3 yet?
Get that shit.

If at any point a DoT isn't up, but it back up and if GL isn't at 3 then get it back.
That's pretty much it. Afterwards look at your parser and wave your dick around.

mstevens

Downloaded this game last night. My friends list is looking very barren!

My guy is level 14 and I'm on the Ultros server. Let me know if anyone would like me to add them to my friends list. MMOs aren't as fun when I'm running around silently ;) I don't think I've talked to a single person this whole time.

Ken

My guy is level 14 and I'm on the Ultros server. Let me know if anyone would like me to add them to my friends list. MMOs aren't as fun when I'm running around silently ;) I don't think I've talked to a single person this whole time.

join the fc

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Join the GAF FC and watch that list fill up. Don't be afraid to chat it up and ask some questions!

aceface

Is there a PC digital download option for this game for Canada? I have a friend in Canada who was trying to buy the digital download for $15 off of the Square Enix site but it's not letting her.

edit: never mind, figured it out.

Ploid 3.0

Probably the worst near end-game armor I have seen in a long time.

I'm really hoping crystal tower armor is better.

Why didn't they show the male character in stupid subligar to drive the humiliation home? It was bad enough having to wear underwear as armor as a mithra, but for endgame again (Dragon Subligar ffxi), what is going on at SE?

Why didn't they show the male character in stupid subligar to drive the humiliation home? It was bad enough having to wear underwear as armor as a mithra, but for endgame again (Dragon Subligar ffxi), what is going on at SE?

Look at all the superheroes, underwear of power

Windam

Scaley member
Got an ultimate game card and a month of game time today. I can play again! :'D Only level 19 though. If anyone wants to add, name's Harvey Specter on Ultros.

WolvenOne

Wow, that took a LOT longer than I expected!

Just barely finishing up making pies now. Was out of the right spices so I had to jump through hoops to get more. Figures that I'd finish up only to hit maintenance.

Sorry BB's, I knew tonight was going to be chaotic, but I didn't think it'd be THIS chaotic! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom