• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
ioTKUIgLsXPq6.jpg

Is this what this game has become? from gil sellers to beggars. It's just like real life.

lol. some pala asked me to give him 10k a month ago. i think he was impressed by my low level crafting skills. i looked like a poor crafter in rags. what made him think i was rich?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, got a question on the cutscene after The Binding Coil of Bahamut Turn 5. Spoilers Obviously. Anyone who has seen it can discuss I guess.

Am I insane or is the person behind Louisoix the fucking White Raven himself? Why the fuck is that guy still alive? Why the fuck is Lousoix still alive? does SE/Yoshi even know at this point? It seems they are artificially keeping Bahamut alive. Maybe to prevent him from being returning? Did they just retcon the End of an Era CG?

B.K.

I reset Internet Explorer to the default settings and downgraded to Internet Explorer 9 and still nothing. Why can't Square Enix make a MMO that just works? I hate jumping through all these hoops just to play the game.

MechaX

I'm seriously considering rolling SCH as an alt, despite how I have never done healing ever in a game like this.

Would one say that healing is hard in general in this game? (moreover, would it be hard with a PS3 controller) In addition, is getting Conjurer to level 34 for Stoneskin absolutely vital if I at least got Swiftcast from THM?

Ken

I'm seriously considering rolling SCH as an alt, despite how I have never done healing ever in a game like this.

Would one say that healing is hard in general in this game? (moreover, would it be hard with a PS3 controller) In addition, is getting Conjurer to level 34 for Stoneskin absolutely vital if I at least got Swiftcast from THM?

WHM is pretty straightforward. SCH has a little more of a learning curve.

B.K.

I followed some instructions and I've got it at least updating again, but the image in the upper left corner is still black. I'm starting to think I gave Square Enix money for nothing.

edgefusion

Big thanks to Mei, Mael and Auli for popping my tanking cherry today! Since then I've tanked a bunch more times and actually really enjoy it, I can see myself having Warrior as my next 50 if I continue to enjoy it as much as I am. Dem DF queues.

wrongway

BK, is it the launcher that's all black, so you can't even log in? I had that off and on for a couple weeks, then it just went away on its own. :\

B.K.

BK, is it the launcher that's all black, so you can't even log in? I had that off and on for a couple weeks, then it just went away on its own. :\

It's not ALL black. The buttons on the bottom are there. So are the News and Topics headers. Everything else is blank though.

Kenai

Healing is a bit more annoying in general if you are used to WoW like me since it doesn't have the sheer amount of addons and things like the community there has made/done and most likely never will, but the base U.I. itself is fairly customizable so it isn't that bad.

Some of the more irritating things (to me) are needing to target a mob to properly examine it's threat table, managing threat as a WHM (they have 2-3 of the highest aggro abilities in the game) and SCH pet maintenance (because the A.I. is really weird and sometimes very dumb). Also learning to properly keep people healed while you need to move will be hard sometimes until you get the hang of it.

SCH isn't actually super complicated imo, it's just different from WHM and most other healers in any other MMO, so you might actually take to it easier than some, especially if you've played pet classes before. I think the hardest part of SCH for newbies is actually having to learn to heal at level 30 when you are finally "allowed' to while everyone else had those 30 levels to properly practice their class in its intended role. Still, it's a fun, rewarding, and pretty damn unique job to play.

I don't personally think Stoneskin is essential since every place it theoretically would be a WHM will be there 99% of the time and they bring a better one that will not stack with yours. It does seem to make speed runs a bit easier though (SS + Adlo at the start of a pull is nice) and it's just nice to have in general.

5il3nc3r

Just bought the game from GMG for $12. Just wondering if there is an unofficial oceanic server or should i just join Ultros?

Just bought the game from GMG for $12. Just wondering if there is an unofficial oceanic server or should i just join Ultros?

I think Aussies are scattered across the worlds but if you want a gaf group go ultros or the other big one (sargantas?) I'm on ragnarok myself and play with a mixture of Americans, French, and Germans. No gaf free company that I'm aware of though.

In unrelated news I just lost my first vanya robe to a 90k error. Everything froze but I could still chat till the game kicked me. Unfortunately I was crafting for a friend so I had to fork out 240k and do the craft again. But on the bright side my friend supplies me with clusters and crawler cocoons for free :)

B.K.

I finally got the game to start updating again and it was up to 600mb when their server crapped out. Now I have to start all over again. I'm not meant to play this game, apparently.

dcye

I'm an Aussie and I play on Phoenix. Ive only ever met one other Aussie in my travels though. I will say this, if you're looking to play this for a long time and looking to be an end game raider then you really need to look into paying for a program like Battleping, because dodging in the HM Primals and beyond is almost impossible without it. You can get through most of the story content without it though. Play through and see what you think I guess.

Totakeke

The unofficial oceanic server is Tonberry.

Personally I just used Leatrix's latency fix and I don't have issues with lag. I can melee dps on titan by just reacting to his abilities and don't die.

Feep

Banned
TY to everyone that carried me through HMs, even though it was obviously me who saved the day in our winning Titan run. ; )

I figured to myself, "Man, most of the playerbase has been grinding through WP and AK for months, everyone's probably super awesome it by now!" Nope. Pugging is still awful awful awful awful awful.

Well that all GAF Behemoth party was fun. Dumb thing nearly took us all out in the end.

Hopefully later today, I can get Hydra and some Primals done for my relic quest.

In other news, I keep trying to increase the critical hit rate on my vanya hat but it's a no go. Tried to up determination, also a no go. What should I add next?

Synless

Ok, I finally started this game and I want to try and get the part 1 portion of Lightning Strikes done. I am lvl. 12 which is the min needed to start this mission. My character is in Gridania, how do I get to where I need to go? Also, where do I get a mount? I saw someone who was lvl. 10 with a horse.

Ken

Ok, I finally started this game and I want to try and get the part 1 portion of Lightning Strikes done. I am lvl. 12 which is the min needed to start this mission. My character is in Gridania, how do I get to where I need to go? Also, where do I get a mount? I saw someone who was lvl. 10 with a horse.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2013/Lightning_Strikes/

I think you're coming up to the level where the game tells you to use airships. You can use those to take you to Limsa where you pick up the first quest from Winsome. Unfortunately the rest of the quests require higher levels to do, with the last one being level 45. Fortunately they'll repeat everything early next year when LR comes out in NA I think.

You get your chocobo as part of the main quest line (when you join a Grand Company). I think this was around level 20?

The unicorn is exclusive to White Mages as it's part of one of their class quests. It's just a mount with a different skin.

Ferr986

So, got a question on the cutscene after The Binding Coil of Bahamut Turn 5. Spoilers Obviously. Anyone who has seen it can discuss I guess.

Am I insane or is the person behind Louisoix the fucking White Raven himself? Why the fuck is that guy still alive? Why the fuck is Lousoix still alive? does SE/Yoshi even know at this point? It seems they are artificially keeping Bahamut alive. Maybe to prevent him from being returning? Did they just retcon the End of an Era CG?

Alisae says that Bahamut is regenerating inside the Coil, so not sure if they are keeping him alive , unless they are tempered and sided with Bahamut.

Everything is speculation as for now, we have to wait till 2.2 I guess...

Synless

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2013/Lightning_Strikes/

I think you're coming up to the level where the game tells you to use airships. You can use those to take you to Limsa where you pick up the first quest from Winsome. Unfortunately the rest of the quests require higher levels to do, with the last one being level 45. Fortunately they'll repeat everything early next year when LR comes out in NA I think.

You get your chocobo as part of the main quest line (when you join a Grand Company). I think this was around level 20?

The unicorn is exclusive to White Mages as it's part of one of their class quests. It's just a mount with a different skin.
Ah, cool thanks!

Would one say that healing is hard in general in this game? (moreover, would it be hard with a PS3 controller)

Positioning Pets/Sacred Soils is kinda painful with a controller

WolvenOne

I finally got the game to start updating again and it was up to 600mb when their server crapped out. Now I have to start all over again. I'm not meant to play this game, apparently.

The server should auto resume the download, at least at the point where the last complete chunk finished downloading.

So 0 progress on T5 this past week. We didn't even attempted it once, That is considering that one of our BRDs got his spirit broken by the conflags and divebombs and some1 else had his internet down. We were lucky we did T1-T4 in pretty much a couple of tries. Thxs to Drama for subbing :)

Will see what happens this week but so far it doesn't look good also

Mupod

it's kind of amazing that the only tank drops I've seen in coil are stuff I already spent myth tomes for that slot. But not really unexpected. And I might be 'switching' to warrior after the patch which will be another slight setback...although in the end my goal is to have both tank classes up and running in case one has an advantage on specific fights.

anyways not looking to doing coil in this game on cellular internet for the next month, since I'll be at my brother's and he lives even further in the woods than me. But it's either bring my PC there or drive home every time I want to play this. I was able to play WoW, MH3U and TERA on his connection before but I have no idea how this game's gonna perform on it - hopefully since I'm extremely close to the servers geographically it might not be too bad. At any rate I won't be attempting any serious crafting due to fear of disconnects.

Our group downed Turn 4 this weekend. This is the first time we actually dedicated some time to try and clear it as we usually just mess around for a while after clearing 1-3 to get an idea of what all the phases are like. It took us around 3 attempts, but it seems to be a much more forgiving fight than Turn 2.

We're not in any hurry to clear T5 but we gave it a shot anyway. I exploded. That was fun :D

BTW, been meaning to ask. My sister and brother in law are going to be joining up in awhile, and, I feel a need to ask about the rules regarding Free Company invites as of now. It's not the end of the world if they can't join the same FreeCompany as me, since I can always put them on a Linkshell and act as an intermediary if they need help. Still, it'd be nice, and they'd be good additions.

(I should note, neither my sister nor brother-in-law are half as corny, pun loving, or as stubborn as myself. In fact if I get too pun-heavy in her presence, mah sister will whacka mah head.)

Friends and family are welcome to join. Make sure they setup a guildwork account and submit an application to the site before asking for an invite.

Dunlop

Kinda burnt out of this game leveling up on the PC...but I see it is going to be cheap on PSN tomorrow so the grindy nature will be perfect when I am on my bike in the morning.

After I purchase it can I use my PC account to keep the toon I made (lvl 32 White mage) or do I need to start over?

frequency

Kinda burnt out of this game leveling up on the PC...but I see it is going to be cheap on PSN tomorrow so the grindy nature will be perfect when I am on my bike in the morning.

After I purchase it can I use my PC account to keep the toon I made (lvl 32 White mage) or do I need to start over?

You can use the same character but you have to make sure to link to an existing account instead of creating a new one when you start the PS3 version.

Your interface and stuff will not be carried over though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom