• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

random.. but does anyone see the CE (physical) selling anywhere still

the PSN store is finally doing a sale on FFXIV
is it worth getting it for 10? or the Digital CE for 15?

I still have my PC Digital CE unclaimed lol

B.K.

I've done everything and can't get the client working. If I buy the PS3 version, will I be able to play the same character if I ever do get it working on PC someday?

Kenai

I've done everything and can't get the client working. If I buy the PS3 version, will I be able to play the same character if I ever do get it working on PC someday?

I'm pretty sure you can log in with the same info ya. You will need to redo macros and U.I. stuff though.

MechaX

Maybe not for other ranged DPS jobs, but I'm sure a decent BRD can outperform any melee DPS job easily in most situations. And I don't think the BLM or SMN does really much more DMG considering how much utility you can get from BRD.

If they get CNJ skills they can heal themselves or even use stonskin. Let's see how they do it, but BRD shouldn't have that amount of DPS and the obscene amount of dmg buff they have is part of the reason.

But aren't they buffing melee DPS mechanics to compensate (such as improving DRG Jump or improving the timing of MNK Greased Lightning to account for enemy mechanics, in addition to flat increases on certain positional moves)? Utility of the BRD regardless, last I checked a good SMN (and maybe BLM) can outdamage BRD unless BRD gets lucky with constant Bloodletter resets.

Getting CNJ skills doesn't really help too much because White Mages are always going to be the ones using Stoneskin, and unless people respec their BRDs/ARCs, magical healing is going to probably heal shit in comparison to anyone else (that, and it will be cutting into the DPS role the game makers pegged it into). And not having Invigorate will end up crippling the class in a really bad way. But we'll see how it goes.

aceface

Finally got the update patch downloaded and of course, nothing happens.

Amazon still has the PS3 version for $20. How much hard drive space does it need? I've got a 60GB model. Surely I can free up enough space for it.

I think it's 8 GB or somewhere thereabouts.

Wilsongt

TWC is starting to piss me off with the lag... I can't do dungeon runs because of it, and this seems to be a widespread issue with TWC customers. =/

But aren't they buffing melee DPS mechanics to compensate (such as improving DRG Jump or improving the timing of MNK Greased Lightning to account for enemy mechanics, in addition to flat increases on certain positional moves)? Utility of the BRD regardless, last I checked a good SMN (and maybe BLM) can outdamage BRD unless BRD gets lucky with constant Bloodletter resets.

Getting CNJ skills doesn't really help too much because White Mages are always going to be the ones using Stoneskin, and unless people respec their BRDs/ARCs, magical healing is going to probably heal shit in comparison to anyone else (that, and it will be cutting into the DPS role the game makers pegged it into). And not having Invigorate will end up crippling the class in a really bad way. But we'll see how it goes.

They can outdamage BRD if you compare direct DPS, but the bonus DPS a BRD can grant though it's songs makes that irrelevant.

Aeana

Yeah, I have about a month of sub left after 2.1 releases, so we'll see.

What are you going to do in 2.1? You already leveled all of the jobs to 50. I guess you could gear them up with the new content. I feel like there's no way you're gonna get what you're looking for from 2.1, though.

Teknoman

I'll be back on track once i've finally thrown this...whatever kind of germ i've got. Was out of commision since last Tuesday x_x

Alot better now though.

Sophia

I think a lot of people are, if it's played out in 2 weeks, the community will shrink much more

I hope extreme mode Primals will keep people busy, at least. Crystal Tower looks lacking. The other additions are pretty nice tho.

I'm pretty hyped for leveling dungeons myself. Probably will run through with all the tank and healer classes and try to get them to 30ish at least.

They need to get their patch cycles faster. Three months is just too slow for a subscription based game when their biggest competitors are doing patches in half that.

Aeana

I hope extreme mode Primals will keep people busy, at least. Crystal Tower looks lacking. The other additions are pretty nice tho.

I'm pretty hyped for leveling dungeons myself. Probably will run through with all the tank and healer classes and try to get them to 30ish at least.

They need to get their patch cycles faster. Three months is just too slow for a subscription based game when their biggest competitors are doing patches in half that.

Well, 2.1 got delayed. I'm still optimistic that 2.2 will come in a timely manner.

Sophia

Well, 2.1 got delayed. I'm still optimistic that 2.2 will come in a timely manner.

Let us hope so. They need it.

Personally I think if they can get it down to two month patch cycles and keep a relatively steady flow of content they'll be fine and stable for years.

Blazed

I have a question for any people who managed to finish twintania here. We've been stuck at the conflagaration for quite some time now, mainly because the second conflag always explode. I heard from some that it's because the second conflag should be dpsed slowly, while others say it's because of the waxen buff he has, the more people that get hit by the fireball the faster the conflag explodes. We said we'll do trial and error by the time of our next raid but it'll be really helpful if someone can tell me for sure so that we can already start getting used to the second phase. Thanks in advance =p

Aeana

I have a question for any people who managed to finish twintania here. We've been stuck at the conflagaration for quite some time now, mainly because the second conflag always explode. I heard from some that it's because the second conflag should be dpsed slowly, while others say it's because of the waxen buff he has, the more people that get hit by the fireball the faster the conflag explodes. We said we'll do trial and error by the time of our next raid but it'll be really helpful if someone can tell me for sure so that we can already start getting used to the second phase. Thanks in advance =p
The even conflags are shorter because of the waxen flesh buff. The odd-numbered ones last longer because people who get the fireball go into the conflag (I'm assuming your group does this), which keeps additional waxen flesh buffs from being applied, which keeps the conflag up for longer. For the even ones, you should have your DPS blow their cooldowns.

tenchir

TWC is starting to piss me off with the lag... I can't do dungeon runs because of it, and this seems to be a widespread issue with TWC customers. =/

I'm on TWC and I am getting tons of spike lag. Is there a link that makes you think it is a widespread issue for all TWC customer?

edit: Nevermind, I found it. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/107497-Regarding-high-latency-from-Los-Angeles-surrounding-area

Couldn't locate Ultros server ip address, so I used the one in the link..... doesn't look pretty.
tracert.jpg

Going to try to power cycle my modem and hope it gets better tomorrow.

BLCKATK

It's because of the Waxen Flesh buff he has. Every person that is hit by Fireball will give him a stack on Waxen Flesh. If he has 4 stacks, the Conflag will explode after 15 seconds. If he has 3 stacks, the Conflag will explode after 20 seconds. For the first Conflag you can usually have someone run Fireball into it and that will effectively extend the time limit, making it easier to DPS down. After that though, you won't have someone marked with Fireball to run into, so you'll have the 15 seconds (if 4 stacks) to DPS it down. So usually the DPS will pop cooldowns. Usually odd numbered Conflags you'll have someone marked with fireball run in, and even numbers conflags you'll have to pop cooldowns to get down fast.

Hope this helps.

Got a bunch of Allagan gear in the last few days (earrings/bracelet/head/belt), after seeing none drop ever for like weeks. Also got another AF+1 piece today so my DPS is gonna shoot through the roof.

WolvenOne

I still have like 40 something days and I plan to keep going!

I'm going month by month, since I don't like making big payments all at once if I can help it. I plan to keep going though. In fact I've deliberately been holding off on leveling additional new classes and such, "specifically," so that I would have plenty to do still when 2.1 hits.

Some of those mounts you get for having longer subs though, they tempt me!

Bahemoth Mount, HHHHHNNNNGGG!

Reknoc

Interesting stuff.
Mog weapon is iLvl80? Will it be as good as Relic?
So the weapon that drops from Extreme primals is iLvl90. I'm not spending my myths on Relic+1 before I see the stats on those weapons.

Considering the question about mog weapons being pointless if you have a relic, and the answer given I would assume not.

Naar

Can someone explain potency to me? I see attacks that say does 100 potency and others that say 250 potency. but the one that is 100 does more than the one thats 250, etc

It is a max limit or something?

Reknoc

A: Item organization will be much easier with the sort feature, so no need to worry. Although we originally planned for a simple sort feature, Minagawa was really particular about this and has made it possible to indicate what to prioritize when sorting, so you can create personalized sorting.

Game changer. Minagawa is a hero.

Ken

Can someone explain potency to me? I see attacks that say does 100 potency and others that say 250 potency. but the one that is 100 does more than the one thats 250, etc

It is a max limit or something?

A quick Google search yields this:

DMG = (Potency/100) x [(0.0032 x Attribute + 0.4162) x (Weapon Damage) + (0.1 x Attribute – 0.3529)]

Post maintenace WP run with Prellis and the rest DF. Tank keeps whining about poor DPS and then loses aggro easily because I'm a Bane happy SMN or Prellis is spamming AOE. Wah wah waaaaah

Kyoufu

Use DPS cooldowns on even numbered conflags. If you find that you're unable to do conflags efficiently then step back and look at your rotations and make improvements.

kierwynn

crystal tower rewards!

I92kYp9.png

Man, that candy cane stuff is terrible. My goal was to get the boots at least to tide me over until I get allagan, but I think I'll just wear af+1 until that happens. I like the monk set, but getting that would require me to be a monk and no thank you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom