• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

I think the flan was from 2.0 and the slime from 2.1. Slime are nondescript blobs.

Whats the best way to use Spirits Within silence effect? Back up quick stun for simple magic spells? Or are there some casts that cant be stunned and thats where it comes in? Because it lasts for like 2 seconds (think I asked this before, but I forget the answer).

Depends, but I usually just drop it during the heavier spells.
There are obvious uses during coil like on ADS. During Chimera you can stop the voices. AK you can stop... What's it's name? The Mindflayer's thunder spells (actually you can stop most anything on that guy with shield bash + silence).

Other things like Succubus spells can be stopped as well... on top of the usual spells stopping.
Or just straight damage, SW is basically our most damaging single off GCD attack if you don't need to stop anyone.

Ken

Sleep.png
Repose.png
Sleep.png

Repose.png
Sleep.png
Repose.png

Sleep.png
Repose.png
Sleep.png

Repose.png
Sleep.png
Repose.png

teiresias

WTF!!! I thought the launcher let you resume patch downloads, but it's starting over from the beginning after stopping it last night to go to bed. Dammit, so much for playing tonight since it's going at a crawl.

I think the flan was from 2.0 and the slime from 2.1. Slime are nondescript blobs.

Whats the best way to use Spirits Within silence effect? Back up quick stun for simple magic spells? Or are there some casts that cant be stunned and thats where it comes in? Because it lasts for like 2 seconds (think I asked this before, but I forget the answer).

The best uses for me so far have been silencing the first boss in AK, then the big one where you have to predict and make sure your combo is in the correct rhythm to silence ADS in turn one and two of coil. Most parties will use bards for this because as a tank it's easy to stuff up and miss silence or lose aggro, however turn 1 and 2 are completely doable with paladins on silence duty. They just need to be very skilled at timing and managing aggro.

Nirran

WTF!!! I thought the launcher let you resume patch downloads, but it's starting over from the beginning after stopping it last night to go to bed. Dammit, so much for playing tonight since it's going at a crawl.

It resumes the amount you had left. The patch was 3GB so say you downloaded 1.2GB and closed it. When the launcher reopens it would be downloading 1.8GB instead of the full 3GB.

teiresias

It resumes the amount you had left. The patch was 3GB so say you downloaded 1.2GB and closed it. When the launcher reopens it would be downloading 1.8GB instead of the full 3GB.

OK, it's saying it needs to download 529MB, so that's not too bad . . . if it weren't going 0.05MB/s, it was much faster last night. I swear, SE just sucks at this whole internet infrastructure thing.

WolvenOne

Imo the one thing Se needs to do is spread around more silences. The dps for ranged classes is fine atm imo.

I would concur with this. Stuns/interrupts are an integral form of gameplay, so each class should have their own, to provide maximum flexibility. Boss encounter difficulty should be determined by mechanics, now by how easy it is to form a party with X, Y, or Z abilities.

Really impressed with this patch. Not just the quality of life improvements and the amount of content, but with how incredibly smooth everything has gone in general.

Pretty awesome first run through the game (only got to level 9, but still).

My second Fate in the game though had me solo a big guy with HP I could barely dent. The minions before it spawned were so easy. Hope the scaling isn't always this weird.

WolvenOne

Really impressed with this patch. Not just the quality of life improvements and the amount of content, but with how incredibly smooth everything has gone in general.

Yeah, aside from some Fates not popping often enough, it's gone almost perfectly smooth.

Knock on wood, now that I've said it the servers will crash any minute.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Pretty awesome first run through the game (only got to level 9, but still).

My second Fate in the game though had me solo a big guy with HP I could barely dent. The minions before it spawned were so easy. Hope the scaling isn't always this weird.

FATEs aren't meant to be done solo. You CAN, for a lot of them, but the ones that put you up against a "boss" type enemy you really aren't supposed to do solo.

desu

Any videos of Ifrit Ex out yet? Wanna see how hard it is.

So how do people already have the Goobbue and Drake mounts?

They don't have them yet, I think you use them in some quest? Otherwise you shouldn't have enough reputation with the tribes to be able to buy them.

Ultrabum

Anyone have Ultima Weapon HM strats?

The balls wipe if you let them touch.

When the balls explode, the dmg is shared.

You want everyone to get their faces deep into those balls, so the dmg is spread.

There's also an enrage if your dps is too low.

kiryogi

Banned
Any videos of Ifrit Ex out yet? Wanna see how hard it is.

They don't have them yet, I think you use them in some quest? Otherwise you shouldn't have enough reputation with the tribes to be able to buy them.

Not 1.x apparently if folks are already clearing it XD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The balls wipe if you let them touch.

When the balls explode, the dmg is shared.

You want everyone to get their faces deep into those balls, so the dmg is spread.

There's also an enrage if your dps is too low.

Specifically after the second bomb phase with all the lasers on the edge of the ring.

desu

Anyone who beat Garuda EX wanna share strats? :eek:

Wasn't there when my FC did it today. Uhm but well you have to keep sisters apart and that spiny plume does a shield for you from what I remember when I watched streams.

Not 1.x apparently if folks are already clearing it XD

Well no, I wasn't really worried that people would beat the stuff in less than 24h. Garuda ex is just a warm up, Titan Ex seems to be pretty much a lot of fun. Ifrit Ex, no clue.

Those new dungeons are rough...very rough. Game doesn't play around. Beat Haukke but failed both Copperbell and Pharos...ugh. And you have to do Qarn and even guildhests to continue the story. I just want to fight the King!

That aside, the new dungeons are awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Those new dungeons are rough...very rough. Game doesn't play around. Beat Haukke but failed both Copperbell and Pharos...ugh. And you have to do Qarn and even guildhests to continue the story. I just want to fight the King!

Pharos was definitely hard. Doesn't help the shortcut doesn't bring you far enough in when you die.

Copperbell is not that hard. My pug needed a few tries in the bosses, but once you get the mechanics is easy.

They are fun too. Also those 90 Myth on roulette are tasty. Goodbye SR!

Pharos was definitely hard. Doesn't help the shortcut doesn't bring you far enough in when you die.

That too. You have to run kinda far after dying. I felt sorry for my teammates...I need that extra dot! Blizzard 2 isn't gonna cut it, especially when running in might get me smacked. Or maybe I just suck anyway...meh.

Luigi87

Played enough today to finally get my Chocobo. I'm happy. Trying to adjust my play time so my friends who just got the game can relatively catch up to me.

Their silence is rather moot in the face of Spirits Within, granted it has a half second wind up, but nothing is ever so dire that it can't work on its own. The problem is that you form redundancies between the two tanks. PLD had the STR down combo already. WAR had the SLASH RESIST down which helps both tanks. No one notices since no one bothers to use PLD/WAR combos. Now we have two tanks with two redundant skills that basically end at the same effect... big whoop.

No one is arguing against the utility of the songs, but since 1.0, YoshiP has continually marginalized BRDs into a weird corner where they should be support and even then they don't do much beyond sing songs in 90% of the encounters. Getting relegated to what is essentially the XI equivalent of a Refresh bitch is an insult. The people saying the EVA debuff is fine are as out of touch with the way the community builds as SE is if they thought it'd help outside anything but PvP.

Cool, didn't notice we got a slime pet.

I totally disagree, specially on ADS battles. Is way more reliable since is not only faster also ranged. You can do silence rotation with other jobs, but is way better at least has one BRD. Other jobs dosn't have that privilege. Also is not that easy to get ACC cap on DL gear in some jobs, my DRG certainly isn't on full DL (and a Allagan earring).

And slash resistance is DPS buff for tanks, which is the end is quite useless, compared to the dmg mitigation debuff on PLD. No one cares about tanks doing more dmg. The fact they are more equal sacrificing their differentation is sad, but I guess most WAR are fine now that they even can compete face to face to PLD (they can even be superior)

gatti-man

Studyguy-

I've never heard someone complain more about a more favored class. Bards are all but required in many boss fights and the songs are the tipping point in plenty of speed runs and encounters. Yes your dps is weak but you can dps 100% of the time which no other class can do. Honestly you need to take a breath because as it stands right now bards are as important in end game as any other class imo they are the most important now that war has been buffed before I would say brd/pld are most desireable.

Copperbell is not that hard. My pug needed a few tries in the bosses, but once you get the mechanics is easy.

They are fun too. Also those 90 Myth on roulette are tasty. Goodbye SR!

90 myth on roulette? Say whaaaaaat?. That's awesome.

studyguy

Studyguy-

I've never heard someone complain more about a more favored class. Bards are all but required in many boss fights and the songs are the tipping point in plenty of speed runs and encounters. Yes your dps is weak but you can dps 100% of the time which no other class can do. Honestly you need to take a breath because as it stands right now bards are as important in end game as any other class imo they are the most important now that war has been buffed before I would say brd/pld are most desireable.

Don't overblow it. This is simply the trend with Yoshida since 1.0. He's taken a hardline stance in making BRDs support yet refuses to let them do anything beyond songs. I don't care for DPS, I didn't even mention DPS, not sure why you are. Removing the utility for PvE in favor of PvP is my beef. It's a silly thing to do and it's worth mentioning, a number of changes were made due to PvP.

gatti-man

Don't overblow it. This is simply the trend with Yoshida since 1.0. He's taken a hardline stance in making BRDs support yet refuses to let them do anything beyond songs. I don't care for DPS, I didn't even mention DPS, not sure why you are. Removing the utility for PvE in favor of PvP is my beef. It's a silly thing to do and it's worth mentioning, a number of changes were made due to PvP.

You don't know why they did what they did. Most AoE ranged moves got a nerf. Simply because they nerfed PvE and strengthened the move for PvP does not mean PvP was the cause.

My point in mentioning all things is the bard is a desireable class and you wanting to keep it as desireable as possible is a little unfounded.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone who beat Garuda EX wanna share strats? :eek:

Want me come show ya'

Harder to type and explain in here
Need to show location in arena + voice communication to show you the cycle

She will be farmable by the end of the week on all servers

I got a vortex ring of fending on 1st try, took 3-4 wipes to understand it, our main core group #1 put in work learning the whole battle, took them a few hours
Others getting carried and siphoning info to other groups

I learned all steps as off tank and saw what main tank did, it's just positioning is different and a new feather comes into play

Resilient

The daily bonus give 40 extra + 50 for completing it.

You can cap with just duty roulette this way.

Eh I don't get how this works and I'm not home to check. Is it only for the High Level dungeons? Say AK gives you 30 normally(?). Does that mean if you get AK in DR you get 30 + 40 + 50 myth?

Ken

Wasn't there when my FC did it today. Uhm but well you have to keep sisters apart and that spiny plume does a shield for you from what I remember when I watched streams.

The MT tanks Garuda and one of the sisters right? Our MT kept dropping shortly into that phase.

Alucrid

Banned
Want me come show ya'

Harder to type and explain in here
Need to show location in arena + voice communication to show you the cycle

She will be farmable by the end of the week on all servers

I got a vortex ring of fending on 1st try, took 3-4 wipes to understand it, our main core group #1 put in work learning the whole battle, took them a few hours
Others getting carried and siphoning info to other groups

I learned all steps as off tank and saw what main tank did, it's just positioning is different and a new feather comes into play

So what do you do about the spiny feather and the add? Can't have the OT taunt both of them off the MT, do you just heal through the cyclone you get after 3 stacks?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The MT tanks Garuda and one of the sisters right? Our MT kept dropping shortly into that phase.

So what do you do about the spiny feather and the add? Can't have the OT taunt both of them off the MT, do you just heal through the cyclone you get after 3 stacks?

Here goes nothing

You start fight Garuda where she is
DPS her down, -10% health she will go invisible
Before in HM we moved directly south after she went invis for 1st time, in this one you have to be in an angle at the left top most rock pillars, just as you would hide south of her, move more to the left, almost diagonal to her

MT has to tank her here, cause Eye of the Srorm pops right afterwards, let her damage that pillar, ONLY THAT PILLAR!)
Healers + Ranged move into middle, DPS start destroying all feathers, first the Satin then the rest
Just as she is done vanish, sisters called in, Chirada is always the healer and Suprana ATK+
New thing is you have to separate sisters to different edge of the arena, more closer they are they stack+
MT grabs Suprana + Garuda, takes them to 10-11
OT grabs Chirada, takes to 4-5, burn her first, then move towards Suparna, then Garuda
MT will get hit with full force, both healers needed to be on tank, maybe an emergency heal if a Healer got time for OT
Friction is just a regular AOE move, but it can hurt like a mother, you see it when it will be casted on the ground, ample time to move in & out

When Garuda is down to 50%, she does her move and a new feather comes into play, Spiny Feather
You can't destroy this, this is your savior feather, when plumes + spiny come out, OT vokes and holds feather, everyone else has to destroy plumes, but 0 AOE
Spiny has to be kept up until Garuda vanishes, just as she vanishes, murder spiny, run out of its exploding AOE for a sec, but it has a second ability which is the SCH bubble shield move, everyone runs into shield to be protected from the scream
Once thats done, sisters are called in again, should have LB2 to burn Chirada, now a tricky spot is the cyclones blocking you to get to 10-11 on the arena
Wait for the cyclone animation to start, just as it goes off run through to other side
(Sprint if you must)
Then afterwards the spiny Feather cycle starts up, afterwards, you repeat same process till you down her

Can anyone tell me how to get the DS4 working with the pc version of this game. I used that Xinput program but the game won't let me calibrate the controller. I press up when it tells me to but it's not registering

Alucrid

Banned
Here goes nothing

You start fight Garuda where she is
DPS her down, -10% health she will go invisible
Before in HM we moved directly south after she went invis for 1st time, in this one you have to be in an angle at the left top most rock pillars, just as you would hide south of her, move more to the left, almost diagonal to her

MT has to tank her here, cause Eye of the Srorm pops right afterwards, let her damage that pillar, ONLY THAT PILLAR!)
Healers + Ranged move into middle, DPS start destroying all feathers, first the Satin then the rest
Just as she is done vanish, sisters called in, Chirada is always the healer and Suprana ATK+
New thing is you have to separate sisters to different edge of the arena, more closer they are they stack+
MT grabs Suprana + Garuda, takes them to 10-11
OT grabs Chirada, takes to 4-5, burn her first, then move towards Suparna, then Garuda
MT will get hit with full force, both healers needed to be on tank, maybe an emergency heal if a Healer got time for OT
Friction is just a regular AOE move, but it can hurt like a mother, you see it when it will be casted on the ground, ample time to move in & out

When Garuda is down to 50%, she does her move and a new feather comes into play, Spiny Feather
You can't destroy this, this is your savior feather, when plumes + spiny come out, OT vokes and holds feather, everyone else has to destroy plumes, but 0 AOE
Spiny has to be kept up until Garuda vanishes, just as she vanishes, murder spiny, run out of its exploding AOE for a sec, but it has a second ability which is the SCH bubble shield move, everyone runs into shield to be protected from the scream
Once thats done, sisters are called in again, should have LB2 to burn Chirada, now a tricky spot is the cyclones blocking you to get to 10-11 on the arena
Wait for the cyclone animation to start, just as it goes off run through to other side
(Sprint if you must)
Then afterwards the spiny Feather cycle starts up, afterwards, you repeat same process till you down her

Well uh, the issue for us is that the spiny feather throws up stacks of a debuff on the tanks, which when it hits 3 causes an aoe for 4-5k. So the OT taunts off the feather but then can't taunt off the second add, our two ranged can get it just to death before Garuda disappears to use her AoE and melee can't get close or else they get killed by the 4-5k aoe that happens when the add is up and with Garuda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom