• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Their silence is rather moot in the face of Spirits Within, granted it has a half second wind up, but nothing is ever so dire that it can't work on its own. The problem is that you form redundancies between the two tanks. PLD had the STR down combo already. WAR had the SLASH RESIST down which helps both tanks. No one notices since no one bothers to use PLD/WAR combos. Now we have two tanks with two redundant skills that basically end at the same effect... big whoop. .
What? Other classes have it so it's not useful? That makes zero sense. A PLD can handle silence sure, but I'm not sure how you can argue BRD's is moot when it has both a shorter wind up and can be used at range. RoH and Storm's Path are not redundant either, by your logic BRD's having RoD was redundant since a PLD was already supplying RoH like they do Spirits Within. Slash resist is pretty crappy by the way, no group would bring a WAR for that. The only reason a WAR kept it up to begin with was because it combined with Maim and gave much better returns on IB.

BRD's don't have a ton of varied utility spells sure, but even with the few tools they do have they bring more to the table than any other dps class.

I think it's a leap to think this has anything to do with PvP. This was purely another change to get more groups to actually use a PLD/WAR combo. They've said repeatedly they do not want class stacking, and the change to LB generation takes that a step further. BRDs got caught in this because BRDs offer so much utility that losing RoD doesn't break their desirability in any way.

scosher

Made some pet macros for SMN and SCH:

1 hotkey AOE attack, regardless of pet you're using:
/micon "Aerial Slash" pet Garuda-Egi
/pac "Aerial Slash" <t>
/pac "Flaming Crush" <t>
/pac "Mountain Buster" <t>

1 hotkey Stun/CC cast (will use on focus target first before main target):

/micon "Shockwave" pet Garuda-Egi
/pac "Shockwave" <f>
/pac "Shockwave" <t>
/pac "Crimson Cyclone" <f>
/pac "Crimson Cyclone" <t>
/pac "Landslide" <f>
/pac "Landslide" <t>

Embrace (works for both Eos and Selene!):

/micon "Embrace" pet Eos
/pac "Embrace" <f>
/pac "Embrace" <tt>
/pac "Embrace" <t>

Succor + Whispering Dawn AOE heal (icon set to Whispering Dawn so you can easily see its CD, since Succor has no CD):

/micon "Whispering Dawn" pet Eos
/ac "Succor"
/pac "Whispering Dawn"

Rouse + Fey Illumination healing boost

/micon "Rouse"
/ac "Rouse"
/pac "Fey Illumination"

Resilient

How to unlock Sirius, King Moogle? I've only got a quest about a fine Gentlemen. It took me to Drybone, then I need to do a FATE in South Than...I waited ages but it never popped. What should I be doing?

klee123

I'm thinking of finishing off my relic quest by the end of this week, but I'm curious whether I'm geared up for it.

I'm basically up to the point where I have to fight hydra. My class is PLD and armor is currently the following

Helmet from WP
Hoplite Top
Skirt from WP
DL gloves
Valor Sollerts
Ifrit sword.

Accessories are a mixture of Hoplite and DL

Would this be enough to take on Titan and Garuda HM or should I get one more myth piece first? Might get the Valor Cuisses.

Aww snap, nightmare mount.

0y0UIMd.png

Someone posted that on Reddit and apparently its a rare drop from EM Garuda.

Anyways, patch has been pretty cool so far outside of the whole FATE fiasco. I haven't had a chance to try certain things yet (namely Pharos and Titan/Ifrit EM) but I'm enjoying everything else so far.

I still feel like such a newb here. Ah well, gotta start somewhere.

After joining a GC and getting my chocobo mount, and reaching lv.26, I'm definitely in the need for new gear. I tried doing Halatali a few times with pugs to see if I could get some of the rare drops, but after three runs, nothing. So, looks like I'll have to start grinding for the gear in the GC. 'cause that's really the only option that doesn't involve throwing away a ton of gil. I'll need the more powerful gear to take on the lv.25 LNC guild mission, too.

chrono01

I'm really not happy with the BLM changes. :/

For those that don't know, they changed the way Umbral Ice regains our mana. Prior to the patch, they allowed us to regain mana for a second or two after the buff dissipates [such as if you switch back to Astral Fire]. This meant the standard:

Thunder II/Thunder III --> Fire III --> Fire I [until around 500 mana or so] --> Blizzard III --> Thunder II --> Fire III

left us at full mana. If not, it was very close and usually a Fire III [when well-timed] would finish its cast just as Umbral Ice finished its lack tick. However, now with the change, Umbral Ice immediately stops mana regain when lost. Oftentimes now, when you finish the above rotation, you still need a tick [sometimes two, if you're incredibly unlucky] before full mana, which leaves us with nothing in our rotation to fill the spot. I've been tossing out a Scathe to fill the void, but Square-Enix even decreased the damage on that skill, and it wasn't amazing in the first place [I'm being generous]. It's really making the BLM feel...clunky. I know they had to fix the Triple Flare issue, but as it stands they really damaged the way the Umbral Ice regains our mana.

I'm hoping that, with time, I'll get used to it. BLM is my one-and-only class, so I'm sticking with them regardless. I'm just not having as much fun playing one as I was prior.

For those that don't know, they changed the way Umbral Ice regains our mana. Prior to the patch, they allowed us to regain mana for a second or two after the buff dissipates [such as if you switch back to Astral Fire]. This meant the standard:

Thunder II/Thunder III --> Fire III --> Fire I [until around 500 mana or so] --> Blizzard III --> Thunder II --> Fire III

left us at full mana. If not, it was very close and usually a Fire III [when well-timed] would finish its cast just as Umbral Ice finished its lack tick. However, now with the change, Umbral Ice immediately stops mana regain when lost. Oftentimes now, when you finish the above rotation, you still need a tick [sometimes two, if you're incredibly unlucky] before full mana, which leaves us with nothing in our rotation to fill the spot. I've been tossing out a Scathe to fill the void, but Square-Enix even decreased the damage on that skill, and it wasn't amazing in the first place [I'm being generous]. It's really making the BLM feel...clunky. I know they had to fix the Triple Flare issue, but as it stands they really damaged the way the Umbral Ice regains our mana.

I'm hoping that, with time, I'll get used to it. BLM is my one-and-only class, so I'm sticking with them regardless. I'm just not having as much fun playing one as I was prior.

I definitely felt it tonight through various raids. It doesn't seem like something that necessarily kills the class, just makes it awkward or clunky as you said. With the previous rotation I felt like a well oiled machine that rarely missed a beat. Hopefully we'll adjust!

Isaccard

Adapt.

chrono01

I definitely felt it tonight through various raids. It doesn't seem like something that necessarily kills the class, just makes it awkward or clunky as you said. With the previous rotation I felt like a well oiled machine that rarely missed a beat. Hopefully we'll adjust!
That's the hope!

That is, of course, Square-Enix doesnt change their mind and return things to the way they were. >:)

Desi

I still feel like such a newb here. Ah well, gotta start somewhere.

After joining a GC and getting my chocobo mount, and reaching lv.26, I'm definitely in the need for new gear. I tried doing Halatali a few times with pugs to see if I could get some of the rare drops, but after three runs, nothing. So, looks like I'll have to start grinding for the gear in the GC. 'cause that's really the only option that doesn't involve throwing away a ton of gil. I'll need the more powerful gear to take on the lv.25 LNC guild mission, too.
Halatali mainly drops weapons I believe. I use this

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117895-Dungeon-Loot-Thread

Om3ga

The way I read the patch I thought they were nerfing Levequest for profs, but even with the bonus reduction I'm getting more xp now than before. Used to get 150k xp for a level 45 levequest now I'm getting 205k-210k xp. Wish I didn't rush to try and finish weaver before the server went down... would have saved a tonne of gil!

Wilsongt

Ran Pharos tonight...

Um. Yeah. Our first tank was shit, but he dropped and we got a better equipped one. We wiped on the first boss a few times. Did fine on the second. The third was cake, and Siren was... interesting. Took us about three tries on Siren.

=/ I got shit for loot. Absolutely nothing.

Aeana

So, we did two of the peisteskin maps today (the highest grade), that recommend 8 people. The first one, we had our full Coil group on to do it and it was a joke. So I got another one, and we decided to 3-man it.

map.png

I didn't even have to heal.
8 people? Really?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So, we did two of the peisteskin maps today (the highest grade), that recommend 8 people. The first one, we had our full Coil group on to do it and it was a joke. So I got another one, and we decided to 3-man it.

map.png

8 people? Really?

Haha,

The boarskin is 3 myth

rykomatsu

If you're going down to 500mp, transpose -> blizzard 3 -> thunder 2 -> fire 3, you'll get full mana, bliz3 will do more damage, and you won't trigger an additional 2.5sec gcd.

Sophia

map.png

8 people? Really?

Sounds like it suggests eight people to account for the variety in item levels at cap.

Yu Narukami

Only played like for an hour yesterday and noticed that some options that I had changed were changed back like target pets, that I had put to never do.
Also anyone else on PS3 had this camera problem? I couldn't completely zoom out during boss fight. Or is that an option that needs to be changed in the configuration?

kiryogi

Banned
Pharos Sirius isn't too bad. Just cleared it twice now, just more so mechanics than anything. First time with FC, 2nd time duty roulette. Loving that 90 myth

Silky

Banned
Leveled up my character 3 times tonight. Hopped on a table for about 20 minutes. Still don't have a 'Disciple of the Hand' job.

I really really dig this game.

Well beat Ultima hard mode. It wasn't even hard. kind of disappointing. Only took 3 tries to see what everything was all about. Going to start EM primals tomorrow.

Tash

Well beat Ultima hard mode. It wasn't even hard. kind of disappointing. Only took 3 tries to see what everything was all about. Going to start EM primals tomorrow.

People have a hard time dodging the second laser/add phase. I guess our dps is lacking since we have some new FC members without relic which we took with us.

Did you guys just send the tank to explode the linked orbs or stacked group?
Did you stack in the middle during second laser/bomb/chopper phase?

Tash

Anyone up for some guildhests later today? I want to get to the quest for King Moogle Mog.

Why are you doing Guildhests for King Moogle Mog? He is part of the main storyline. And I haven't done GHs in since ages. Aren't they over at lvl 30?

Oh Square Enix/Yoshida. Making optional content required for the storyline in this patch.

Oh is that the reason? 0_o Or do you mean Quarn?

Getting my butt kicked so bad in PvP :( for some reason I don't manage to sleep anyone while I am on the other hand slept constantly. I guess it's the whole new vs players who already have skills and stuff-issue.
Very humiliating..

Why are you doing Guildhests for King Moogle Mog? He is part of the main storyline. And I haven't done GHs in since ages. Aren't they over at lvl 30?

Oh is that the reason? 0_o Or do you mean Quarn?

Getting my butt kicked so bad in PvP :( for some reason I don't manage to sleep anyone while I am on the other hand slept constantly. I guess it's the whole new vs players who already have skills and stuff-issue.
Very humiliating..

You have to do 'optional' content like guildhests and Qarn to progress the story. I just did Qarn with some folks from Ultrosgaf yesterday.

Yu Narukami

You have to do 'optional' content like guildhests and Qarn to progress the story. I just did Qarn with some folks from Ultrosgaf yesterday.

You have to do Qarn to progress story, lol? Is it the old one or an upgraded lvl.50 Qarn? If it's the old one, they really are recycling and recycling and recycling...

So, I'm the only one having zooming-out camera issues?

Reknoc

You have to do Qarn to progress story, lol? Is it the old one or an upgraded lvl.50 Qarn? If it's the old one, they really are recycling and recycling and recycling...

There isn't a level 50 Qarn. I like Qarn but I think it's a bit dumb for the game to have me go in there for a level 50 quest. Have me go in WP or AK or something.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Old Qarn. Then some low lvl Guildhests... about as far as I know so far. My reaction...

YqdckXe.gif

Qvoth

yeah, definitely felt the change last night
anyway, you should put your thunder 2 in a macro between a thunder 2 and thunder 1
so if you have enough mana for t2 it will use t2, if not then t1

Yu Narukami

Joined a Titan HM party because I wanted to see if plumes are easier to avoid. One guy saw my gear and said that he didn't expect to still see people in white gear. Just because I still have a lvl.49 ring because I wasn't lucky with loot drops. Rest of my gear is Relic+DL+2Af+1 body pieces. I don't understand why there are still people that assume everybody has to be iLv90 by now.

Tash

Joined a Titan HM party because I wanted to see if plumes are easier to avoid. One guy saw my gear and said that he didn't expect to still see people in white gear. Just because I still have a lvl.49 ring because I wasn't lucky with loot drops. Rest of my gear is Relic+DL+2Af+1 body pieces. I don't understand why there are still people that assume everybody has to be iLv90 by now.

Ignore the jerks, seriously. Wannabe elitists are the worst.
I noticed quite an improvement with latency during Titan HM and Ultima HM. (Coming from an EU player)

Lucis

Thanks Sham Kagari and all other gaffer that I didn't get your forum name for carrying this sword oath paladin dps through HM titan ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom