• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

I really wish I could have the FC I'm in only Excalibur pvp weekly event like ffxi. Soon. Just got my highest dmg in a match. I need better disguises so people won't know what I am right away. SMN can be pretty bad <3 Miasma (level 40 pvp, I can only imagine how awesome it is to have Miasma 2).

z76ixL9.png

Also FC to get nerfed for PVE soon!

Patch Note:
Too many summoners FC raising healers and fallen DDs.

jorgeton

I really like the duty roulette. Makes hopping into random dungeons easy. I also like the randomness of it all.

Haven't had much time to really dig in to the new stuff yet though (not that I can yet anyway, only at lvl 29).

Is it just me, or is the PS3 version looking slightly better after the patch?

studyguy

I really wish I could have the FC I'm in only Excalibur pvp weekly event like ffxi. Soon. Just got my highest dmg in a match. I need better disguises so people won't know what I am right away. SMN can be pretty bad <3 Miasma (level 40 pvp, I can only imagine how awesome it is to have Miasma 2).

Also FC to get nerfed for PVE soon!

Patch Note:
Too many summoners FC raising healers and fallen DDs.

Summoners & SCH are fucking monsters in PvP.
Went Tank/SMN/SMN/SCH and absolutely rolled like 15 groups till we met another WAR/SMN/SMN/SCH

Stun the SCH, fairy is still there.
Kill the fairy, SCH reupps it.
Try to kill the fairy and stun the SCH?
Tank is whipping people on the SCH

Meanwhile all those fucking dots. It's nuts.

Did some Pharos Sirius last night and it was a blast. Wiped too many times figuring stuff out to beat the final boss, but we would have had her with one more attempt.

I really want the opening theme for that dungeon... mind control be damned, that is some awesome music.

desu

Because it's not repeatable that market will eventually recover, to an extent, but it'll take awhile. First, the bulk of existing players have to get beyond it, then all those interested in selling will have to sale, then demand has to go through what's been sold etc etc.

Granted, by the time that happens they may has raised the cap and introduced new materia tiers.

Materia IV conversion rate has been greatly increased as well ...

Noi

I spent a whole hour last night doing nothing but tossing snowballs at people in Coerthas. It was incredibly stupid fun seeing how every single player who popped up would react differently. Some would immediately split and run away, others would stand there shrugging at us while others eventually joined in as well. We managed to have like 6 people at one point just tossing snowballs in a massive free for fall of snow.

WolvenOne

Materia IV conversion rate has been greatly increased as well ...

Wait, does this mean that if you Spiritbind say, a lvl55 Item, there's now more than a one in four chance of it actually converting to level 4 materia?

Sweet. Sure, it means level 4 materia prices will probably never recover, at least after people start taking full advantage of it. On the other hand, before getting Level 4 Materia was like winning the lottery, only it took forever just to get a ticket. I'd much rather have a smaller but guaranteed profit, then Spiritbind lvl55 item after item, only to keep getting lvl3 Materia.

King_Moc

Banned
My install has messed up as i reinstalled windows. Is there any way of downloading a new install file? I can't see anything on SE's site. I upgraded from 1.0, so don't have a disc.

Valus

People are saying you can get like 20k a day from the DF Roulette? I did the Low Level & High Level ones yesterday and only came out with like 6k? Does the story one give around 15k or am I missing something here?

WolvenOne

My install has messed up as i reinstalled windows. Is there any way of downloading a new install file? I can't see anything on SE's site. I upgraded from 1.0, so don't have a disc.

Should mostly be a matter of downloading the client shouldn't it? Too bad I don't know where that is off hand.

WolvenOne

Quick questions about housing, hopefully someone here is in the know.

1st: What's the current limit on plots a FC can purchase. (If we can buy more then one, then maybe we should be looking at medium lots in different areas?)

2nd: What's the difference between Medium and large Lots. The large ones don't look that much bigger in terms of land space, but, if Medium can only support two floors, while large ones support three, that'd be a huge difference.

3rd: It's safe to assume that they'll be expanding lots, and increasing the FC land purchase limit in future updates, right?

aceface

I spent a whole hour last night doing nothing but tossing snowballs at people in Coerthas. It was incredibly stupid fun seeing how every single player who popped up would react differently. Some would immediately split and run away, others would stand there shrugging at us while others eventually joined in as well. We managed to have like 6 people at one point just tossing snowballs in a massive free for fall of snow.

Holy crap you can throw snowballs??? logging on now...

Noi

Holy crap you can throw snowballs??? logging on now...

It's the new /throw emote when used on top of snow! It even goes through walls so using /throw motion and pelting snowballs at people from unknown directions makes it even better.

It seems like you have to do a quest... but I dont know where yet.

There's quests for friggin everything new, even for accesing the housing district.

It's in Coerthas right by Observatorium. Tossing snowballs at people who don't know the emote exists is the best.

Ferr986

It's the new /throw emote when used on top of snow! It even goes through walls so using /throw motion and pelting snowballs at people from unknown directions makes it even better.

It's in Coerthas right by Observatorium. Tossing snowballs at people who don't know the emote exists is the best.

lol thats what happened to me a while ago.

BLCKATK

That said, it's actually better to do with 8 people because
F72xeHi.jpg

Everyone gets myth tomes and gil. In party of 8, we get a total of 13536 gil for not much effort. If a party of 8 had 8 of those 8 party maps, then in a short time we get over 100k gil as well as some items to use for crafting or selling.

Elliott's hogging all the shards even though she isn't a crafter, we should probably leave her out of treasure hunts

Just a question about your Treasure Hunt screen, did those 8 vials of Potash come from Treasure Hunt or did you buy them? I couldn't tell.

Noi

People outright already saying "I'll commendation you if you commendation me back" when doing Random Guildhest on Day 2.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Ken

Last time I try writing anything coherent at 4AM, especially with four hours of sleep the previous night. I would have probably at least checked had I been more awake. XD

I'm actually surprised anyone who leveled a WAR to 50 wouldn't know this. IB being off GCD would be a pretty huge deal.

studyguy

People outright already saying "I'll commendation you if you commendation me back" when doing Random Guildhest on Day 2.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I thought they were groupvotes, like the MVP was the total commendations out of the party. Haven't done a random daily yet so huh... wat.

Also RIP the menu buttons.
I get that the PS3 or something couldn't handle another row due to resolution demands, but shit, just give me back an option on other platforms.

WolvenOne

I'm actually surprised anyone who leveled a WAR to 50 wouldn't know this. IB being off GCD would be a pretty huge deal.

Well, the way I used it in 2.0 probably didn't lend itself to noticing that. Because of the Heal buff stacks gave, I tried to avoid using Stack Attacks except in emergencies. On top of that, I usually used Bloodbath or Berserk right before using Inner Beast, depending on if I needed greater Self Heals or DPS. Both of those are off GCD and have their own animation lock, so usually it seemed like Inner Beast would fire off immediately after the animation ended.

Beyond that, I didn't really think about it much.

Taruranto

lol, how do you activate the event?

Noi

Can you use the Snowball emote anywhere? Because, I'd love to use it next time we clear Titan HM.

"Snowballs chance in hell eh!!"

You can use the emote anywhere, but it'll just do the throw animation sand say you hurled something. The actual snowball effect only happens if you have snow under you (like in Coerthas) when you use it.

WolvenOne

You can use the emote anywhere, but it'll just do the throw animation sand say you hurled something. The actual snowball effect only happens if you have snow under you (like in Coerthas) when you use it.

Darnit, there goes my brilliant plan to throw a Snowball at Titans schnoz.

Mario007

I was thinking of resubbing back to this game. What is the price difference between having the subscription for 8 characters per world and the one with 1 character per world?

WolvenOne

Cool thanks. i know I saw euros being 10.99 for a month so I'm gonna ahead and assume that's the base subscription based on the dollar prices.

Good luck.

And honestly, unless you plan on playing a, "LOT!!!", I'd stick with base! XD

Edit: The only reason you'd want more than one character on a server at this point, would be to bypass lockouts, in order to quickly max gear multiple classes.

At least in 2.0 though, that sort of Tome farming would be time prohibitive. Some people do it, of course.

Mario007

Good luck.

And honestly, unless you plan on playing a, "LOT!!!", I'd stick with base! XD
Yeah i'm just thinking of jumping in now again over holidays. I've got to level 35 back during my free 30 days and I really like the game but honestly don't have the time currently to play it enough times to warrant an ongoing subscription. But I thin 1 more month with Christmas in it could get me to the end of the main scenario.

Ken

Well, the way I used it in 2.0 probably didn't lend itself to noticing that. Because of the Heal buff stacks gave, I tried to avoid using Stack Attacks except in emergencies. On top of that, I usually used Bloodbath or Berserk right before using Inner Beast, depending on if I needed greater Self Heals or DPS. Both of those are off GCD and have their own animation lock, so usually it seemed like Inner Beast would fire off immediately after the animation ended.

Beyond that, I didn't really think about it much.

bloodbath and berserk are off gcd so you sneak them in between GCDs which is why it seems like your IB fires off immediately because you're not using it after a normal gcd skill.

if inner beast was off gcd that would be really good because wars dont have that many offensive off gcd abilities to fill rotations with (i usually just fill with brutal swing and mercy stroke when applicable). i'd argue it'd even be a little op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom