• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

I'm at lv46 now and have just reached
the quest-less gap before 49
. Questions for those of you who have finished the main scenario:
does Ishgard ever join the alliance? And when are we going to get access to Ishgard proper?

Ferr986

Grats on beating the primals!

Thanks! It took a while to beat them, it was like Titan HM for your first relic all over again xd

Nice. I'm contemplating picking up the Elfin Bow or the Holy Lance next week. Kind of regretting the Elder Staff for this week's weapon since I'm not enjoying BLM too much.

Im not interested on taking my BRD to coil (going with DRG) so it was a no brainer. Its a nice bow if you dont need the acc for T5 (not that Im much far, I have 468 right now).

I'm at lv46 now and have just reached
the quest-less gap before 49
. Questions for those of you who have finished the main scenario:
does Ishgard ever join the alliance? And when are we going to get access to Ishgard proper?

They don't really join the alliance and you don't get to visit Ishgard proper. And be sure to level in Dzamael and Aurum Vale.

MogCakes

They don't really join the alliance and you don't get to visit Ishgard proper. And be sure to level in Dzamael and Aurum Vale.

That's disappointing, Ishgard is by far the most interesting of the nations if nothing else for how little we know about the Holy See and the Dravanians.

Sophia

So long, Thaumaturge. Now that you're level 26 I can ignore you for eternity and your awful class mechanics. Time to play the superior White Mage and Summoner.

And good riddance!

UrSuLeTzU

So long, Thaumaturge. Now that you're level 26 I can ignore you for eternity and your awful class mechanics. Time to play the superior White Mage and Summoner.

And good riddance!

I will laugh so hard when you realize you like playing SCH better and gimp your SMN so you will have no choice but to go back BLM. You should always bet on black, anywayz :p

Mr. RHC

BLMs are awesome! Kinda wish their endgame gear would look more badass.. oh well.. can't be top play and top look at the same time, eh? :p

Sophia

I will laugh so hard when you realize you like playing SCH better and gimp your SMN so you will have no choice but to go back BLM. You should always bet on black, anywayz :p

I enjoy both Scholar and Summoner, and there's too many Blackmages anyhow so I don't need to ever play the class.

I'm still trying to decide what is more boring: Crafting or a Black Mage.

desu

is BLM easier than BRD?

Depends, I guess they are about the same, both are not exactly hard to play.

BRD is possibly a little harder on Turn 2, BLM is harder on Titan Ex. Otherwise I don't see that much of a difference (I haven't played BLM all that mucht though).

Sorian

Banned
Blm / ranged casters are usually popular in MMOs. :p

That's because 9 times out of 10, they are both the better overall dps and easier to play because you don't need to be anywhere near the boss. At least here, melee are better because of the added risk.

Ken

is BLM easier than BRD?

No.

FFXIV loves to make you dodge stuff and for casters, breaking casts to do so is a DPS loss. BRDs don't have anything like that. BLMs also need to plan slightly ahead for which stance they should be in if burst is required soon. If you get stuck in Umbral Ice I-II and have no way to pull up Astral Fire III immediately for a certain situation that's going to hurt.

Simplest view is to think of BLMs as having the downsides of a stance and caster class wrapped into one, while BRDs are free to move around as they DPS.

dcye

Got my third relic this morning (PLD), started my 4th just now (MNK). This quest becomes a serious grind after a while, I'm not sure how you guys with all of them put up with it haha.

Kronotech

Few endgame questions.

1. At MNK ilvl 63, am I OK to take on Ifrit HM and start my way up through my relic? Or is there a good ilvl min?

2. Why is there a weapons tab for DL but no weapons? I'm not sure what's between my GC fists and Ifrit fists.

3. How the hell do people pass Amdapor Keep so easily? The demon wall is no joke. I'm 1/4 on runs for this.

rubius01

Few endgame questions.

1. At MNK ilvl 63, am I OK to take on Ifrit HM and start my way up through my relic? Or is there a good ilvl min?

2. Why is there a weapons tab for DL but no weapons? I'm not sure what's between my GC fists and Ifrit fists.

3. How the hell do people pass Amdapor Keep so easily? The demon wall is no joke. I'm 1/4 on runs for this.

1. In DF, it will tell you the Avg. Item Level. That's your min iLvl.
2. There are DL weapons but they drop in WP and AK (at least they did in 2.0). But I am assuming the weapon slot at the tome merchant is for future stuff.
3. Side, middle, side, middle. Face the wall at all times. That's what I do.

Mature

Few endgame questions.

1. Yep, you should be fine.
2. DL weapons drop from dungeons, but you can make the jump from GC weapon to primal weapon pretty easily.
3. Once you wholly understand the mechanics and you're better geared, it's not bad. Experienced groups burn the wall extremely quickly.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Few endgame questions.

1. Your really OK for Ifrit HM and Garuda HM, iffy for Titan unless it's a carry

2. You really go Iffy Wep > Garuda > Relic (Titan Wep is only good for another class you might level and it drops)
There's also Mog Wep, but that's a grind to get ilvl80 wep, when Relic and Zenith version will outclass it

3. AK is very easy when you are over-leveled for it
Demon Wall is always
Outside > In > Outside > In > (Stay In) Repel
Outside > In > Outside > In > (Stay In) Repel
2 Bees Spawn
LB Left Bee (if all melee an no BLM/SMN), if BLM/SMN, tank grabs both, LB after rotation starts, so right as Outside layer vanishes
Then just repeat the same O > I > O > I > R

aceface

Got some wax from a Haukke story run today! Keldaria was gonna put it in the chest. (And btw Keldaria, if you post here thanks for all the help!)

klee123

About to go for my second relic for my WHM and from my experience as a PLD, healers have it the worst for the fight with Titan HM.

Anyone who have beaten Titan HM as a healer can provide any tips?

Ken

About to go for my second relic for my WHM and from my experience as a PLD, healers have it the worst for the fight with Titan HM.

Never stop resurrecting. You'll have done well when the dead don't even want to accept raise.

Titan HM isn't too bad as a healer, so long as everyone avoids any avoidable damage. After Tumults, be sure to pop Medica, use Medica 2 after heart phase and remember to pop Divine Seal to help. Also slapping Regen on any dps after they get healed up and Stoneskin can help. Annnnnd make sure to Esuna that debuff after someone is broken free from gaols.

klee123

Never stop resurrecting. You'll have done well when the dead don't even want to accept raise.

Lol, at least the blame wouldn't be placed on me if that's the case.

Titan HM isn't too bad as a healer, so long as everyone avoids any avoidable damage. After Tumults, be sure to pop Medica, use Medica 2 after heart phase and remember to pop Divine Seal to help. Also slapping Regen on any dps after they get healed up and Stoneskin can help. Annnnnd make sure to Esuna that debuff after someone is broken free from gaols.

Good tips, thank you.

I do admit that going from PLD to WHM is a huge change and initially I really wasn't used to it, but I do like the challenge.

gatti-man

I enjoy both Scholar and Summoner, and there's too many Blackmages anyhow so I don't need to ever play the class.

I'm still trying to decide what is more boring: Crafting or a Black Mage.

Being a bad blm is easy. Maximizing dps during dps checks and nor letting bosses ruin your rotation makes blm fun to play at endgame. Not to mention if you handle virus and eye for an eye in your group as a blm should it's pretty heavy. Unless your bad then yeah pretty boring. Every class is boring low level besides tank imo.

Aeana

Did the CM->Praetorium story run tonight for Teknoman. It's been about 2 months since I set foot in either dungeeon, and I gotta say... that was what I really needed. I had been feeling a little bit jaded with the game, but seeing that absolutely wonderful series of events and music, particularly in Prae, made me remember what I like so much about this game. I'm excited again. I can't wait for 2.2.

Kronotech

Yeah I never got 9000'd before today. Today I couldn't stop getting it and the last time was right in the middle of the fastest speed run of WP I've ever done.

So close to full DL I can taste it!

studyguy

Didn't even cap myth this week, left 5myth on the table.
Don't know why... got sidetracked. Finished Twin on monday and just did other things all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom