• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read. I've been thinking of going SMN when not WHM as a lot of the situational stuff strikes me as being fun. I just like various things being tossed at me that I need to assess and react to. How are the attribute points allocated as SMN? With this back and forth of responsibilities are they more spread out among various stats?

All your points go into INT.

Sorian

Banned
Speaking of all this class talk- I still haven't picked one to play. :( I am not confident enough to play a healer or tank class- so that leaves DPS.

DRG looks neat, but from what everyone seems to be saying- they dont offer much utility.
BRD seems good, however- it seems that there are tons of them running around.
BLM seems fun, but- is there much utility? Also from what I read here and other fan sites, it is a pretty crowded class too.

Granted, I am having a hard time deciding what I want for dinner. What an indecisive day.

Yeah, it became flavor of the month all of a sudden. It's irritating how many times I'll be in a group that is 3/4 BLM.

Ken

Speaking of all this class talk- I still haven't picked one to play. :( I am not confident enough to play a healer or tank class- so that leaves DPS.

DRG looks neat, but from what everyone seems to be saying- they dont offer much utility.
BRD seems good, however- it seems that there are tons of them running around.
BLM seems fun, but- is there much utility? Also from what I read here and other fan sites, it is a pretty crowded class too.

Granted, I am having a hard time deciding what I want for dinner. What an indecisive day.

If you want a DPS with utility, it's going to be either the BRD or SMN.

BRDs offer Mage's Ballad and Foe Requiem, while SMNs can use a few support skills like Virus and E4E, as well as having the distinction of being the only battle class that can in-combat raise.

aceface

So, I've been wondering. I've been using a 360 controller to play the game, and for the most part it works fantastically. However, I have gotten into trouble on several occasions because of the Dad.

In order to reduce the amount of juggling I have to do between various Crossbars, I've mapped every high use action to the crossbar you select upon holding the right trigger. That means, rotations and tomahawk go to the face buttons, and provoke, stun, fracture, and mercy strike go to the D-pad.

The problem is that the 360 controller, sometimes screws up. Hit the right quickly, and left will go off as well, press up and down will go of upon depressing.

I've considered remapping things, but every other arrangement would drastically increase juggling and complicate the set up, and to prevent misfiring provoke on my current controller I have to use the dpad slowly and carefully.

So, what I'm wondering about, is whether I should purchase a dual shock 4 for my PC. Do they work well in that environment, are they compatible with a fair number of steam games? And how much do those little blue tooth adaptors cost?

I use one of those cheap rock candy ps3 controllers for PC play, it works fine. Don't really use it to play anything else so I can't speak to that.

Isaccard

No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

I swear, Tiv and this .jpg are synonymous :/

Stuart444

Just wondering before I get to level 50... have I messed up my spec points? (as in will it matter much long term)

As of level 38, I have put 12 into Strength, 2 into Dex and 4 into Vit.

Should I look into resetting this when I get to level 50 or will it not matter much?

This is for a Dragoon btw.

Help.

Why do all the healers in DF run away from me when I pop Mage's Ballad? Is my kitty that tone deaf? Illy did say my voice was kinda high pitched...

On a serious note, what is the range of a BRD's song?

Apoptomon

Help.

Why do all the healers in DF run away from me when I pop Mage's Ballad? Is my kitty that tone deaf? Illy did say my voice was kinda high pitched...

On a serious note, what is the range of a BRD's song?

DF gonna DF? Surely they'd have partied at least once with a bard, but its not really a mechanic you understand unless you play archer/bard I guess. I believe the range of songs is 20y.

On another note, I gotta get me a tonberry:
As seen on tumblr (not my pic):
tumblr_mzm308MXCG1r9mmhxo1_400.gif

creid

So, I've been wondering. I've been using a 360 controller to play the game, and for the most part it works fantastically. However, I have gotten into trouble on several occasions because of the D[p]ad.
The problem is that the 360 controller, sometimes screws up. Hit the right quickly, and left will go off as well, press up and down will go of upon depressing.
Are you using an "old" wired 360 controller? I used one for a while but that embarrassment of a d-pad drove me nuts. At some point MS started making 360 controllers with better d-pads - I have a black wireless one that performs much more reliably. The only problem is that it was kind of expensive; the only official wireless receiver comes bundled with a controller for ~$60 (last I checked.) Might be worth a look if you're unsure about a DS4.

Teknoman

You can also use a DS3 + USB cable and fool your PC into thinking its a 360 pad. I forget the exact post, but there was one linked in the Metal Gear Revengeance PC thread.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally got THM to 26 and have Swiftcast. Quite pleased about that. Now to level WHM for a bit and progress the story. I want to unlock Haukke Mansion and the dungeon after it ASAP. I'll have to get around to leveling SMN some more at some point to get Eye for an Eye, though. Also, I don't know why, but it always feels weird getting player commendations when I run dungeons as DPS. I just assume the healers and tanks will get them all. =p

I'm kinda lost on what Coil groups we have and what's their composition, but I would like to do at least Turn 1 soon as WAR :( Would there be any slots for me in worstest group or something?

Ken

yeah, game looked really good.

I also have some pics of my old character on 1.0

In other news, I finally beat all the friggin ex primals!

Nice. I'm contemplating picking up the Elfin Bow or the Holy Lance next week. Kind of regretting the Elder Staff for this week's weapon since I'm not enjoying BLM too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom