• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

So good and bad stuff happened tonight.

Good: We got a good tank from DF for Stone Vigil

Bad: We wiped a lot on the last boss and wasn't able to finish the Dungeon.

Some stupid mistakes like going one way instead of the other for that ice move (which btw, the warning for it coming, the colour is really similar to the floor making it harder to see :/ ) and getting caught off guard for both the ice move and the red AoE circle. We were very close to completing it once or twice but oh well.

Just gotta try again tomorrow, should be a little easier now that we've been through the dungeon once and know all the bosses mechanics.

Giever

So I got some help from GAF folks with AK (for my relic quest) and when it came to the Demon Wall boss, or whatever, I was listening intently to instructions, getting ready for the fight, it starts, the tank runs up, and I auto-run right off the ledge.

It was kinda embarassing.

Teknoman

Saw the after credits scene, the roar knocked my controller off a table and scared my dog...but aside from that i'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes!

Also so much stuff just opened o_o

So I got some help from GAF folks with AK (for my relic quest) and when it came to the Demon Wall boss, or whatever, I was listening intently to instructions, getting ready for the fight, it starts, the tank runs up, and I auto-run right off the ledge.

It was kinda embarassing.

It's alright man (I was the tank).

Like I was saying, that autorun thing has gotten a few people. Weren't they supposed to be fixing that by the way?

Giever

It's alright man (I was the tank).

Like I was saying, that autorun thing has gotten a few people. Weren't they supposed to be fixing that by the way?

Lol, yeah, I'm not beating myself up over it or anything. It was just funny to me because I was so mentally prepping for the fight, then I just made a beeline straight off the edge.

Although I'm not sure I actually had a bug issue or anything.. I play with a controller, I think I just accidentally hit LB (the auto-run button) instead of LT, when trying to access some of my skills.

Some stupid mistakes like going one way instead of the other for that ice move (which btw, the warning for it coming, the colour is really similar to the floor making it harder to see :/ ) and getting caught off guard for both the ice move and the red AoE circle. We were very close to completing it once or twice but oh well.

Just gotta try again tomorrow, should be a little easier now that we've been through the dungeon once and know all the bosses mechanics.

FC should be able to power you through it.

Mupod

just remember that towards the end he aims the ice circles on the players, so you can screw things up a bit with bad positioning. You can just move them to the edges and then get back in the middle so you can easily dodge. Most people seem to just drop them down willy nilly and it works out anyways though.

I've actually been leveling a new class along with my friend who started on the free weekend, and we've made it a point to do every dungeon at least once as we reach the level. I leveled the same way on my first class, although the queues were a lot faster then since I was a tank.

There are definitely more people who know what they are doing now and dungeons go a lot faster, so buffing dungeon exp was a smart move. Haven't had any issues with afkers either, that was a big problem when I leveled. My friend also has supernatural luck with duty finder tanks, or at least he did before we got mr 'I can only hold one mob at a time' in Darkhold today. We beat it anyways though, so I guess all that's left is Aurum Vale...hopefully don't need to rely on a DF tank for that one, but so far I haven't been able to get an FC tank for a dungeon a single time since we started these new classes.

He's coming up on CM/Prae, hopefully DF groups let him watch cutscenes. Because if they don't they are going to be down two people for every fight.

Ken

As far as I know yes, pretty sure one time our Scholar got broken out of Will when Twister was being cast and was insta-killed. Only happened once though and never again.

Will breaks when the Dread dies right? So sounds like the only way to get around it is to DPS harder.

Well pugged Turn 4 again, this group seemed to do better, they were able to get to phase 6 but one of the dreadnaughts from the previous phase had waaaaaaaaaaay too much health and that attempt went sour quick. We were never able to get anywhere close to that again...dps was a bit low it seems. Well just more practice for me as WHM.

Zomba13

I capped my myth all through CT this week. Did it like, 3 times a day all week. Never once saw the Crimson Breeches I wanted. And only saw the Crimson Sash once (and passed on it because I was hoping for the legs). Settled for greeding on the MNK head piece last night just to get something. If I knew I wasn't going to see the legs all week I'd have greeded on some healer stuff.

Item Box

...fuck it, im gonna attempt tanking garuda em with df
god help me

Saw the after credits scene, the roar knocked my controller off a table and scared my dog...but aside from that i'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes!

Also so much stuff just opened o_o
welcome to endgame

Stuart444

just remember that towards the end he aims the ice circles on the players, so you can screw things up a bit with bad positioning. You can just move them to the edges and then get back in the middle so you can easily dodge. Most people seem to just drop them down willy nilly and it works out anyways though.

I've actually been leveling a new class along with my friend who started on the free weekend, and we've made it a point to do every dungeon at least once as we reach the level. I leveled the same way on my first class, although the queues were a lot faster then since I was a tank.

There are definitely more people who know what they are doing now and dungeons go a lot faster, so buffing dungeon exp was a smart move. Haven't had any issues with afkers either, that was a big problem when I leveled. My friend also has supernatural luck with duty finder tanks, or at least he did before we got mr 'I can only hold one mob at a time' in Darkhold today. We beat it anyways though, so I guess all that's left is Aurum Vale...hopefully don't need to rely on a DF tank for that one, but so far I haven't been able to get an FC tank for a dungeon a single time since we started these new classes.

He's coming up on CM/Prae, hopefully DF groups let him watch cutscenes. Because if they don't they are going to be down two people for every fight.

Thanks for the advice. A lot of it is reaction times and considering we were doing this at 6 - 7am our time (seemed like a good idea at the time >_> ), our reaction times were lower than usual. Plus one stupid mistake and it can easily cause a wipe.

We do try and do dungeons once at the level we get. Only ones we haven't has been Cutter's Cry and in one level, probably Darkhold (though we may decide to try it, depends on how we feel).

About the last bit, that's why I plan on asking FC people and no one wants to come, PF with a note about the cutscenes and how we're not skipping them. I haven't skipped any cutscenes yet and I'm not going to start now.

aceface

I capped my myth all through CT this week. Did it like, 3 times a day all week. Never once saw the Crimson Breeches I wanted. And only saw the Crimson Sash once (and passed on it because I was hoping for the legs). Settled for greeding on the MNK head piece last night just to get something. If I knew I wasn't going to see the legs all week I'd have greeded on some healer stuff.

It's crazy my wife has had great luck on CT loot. She's run it 5 times total and got the BLM gear she needed 3 of those times.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Will breaks when the Dread dies right? So sounds like the only way to get around it is to DPS harder.

When mythril got nailed last night, it was when we broke him out right as twisters were being cast. I think coordinating our CDs better to focus on the DN would help, but sometimes the timing is just bad in that phase.

BLCKATK

Yeah, Unwoven Will breaks when the Dreadknight is dead. The only time it would ever be a problem is during a dreadknight that was twister happening during his uptime, if a person with twister was broken out during this it would be difficult for them to dodge twister. It might just end up being a freak accident, just raise the person that died and try to recover. If you make sure that the person with Unwoven Will is as far as they can be from the center of the room, then you can mostly avoid this, as long as that dread has Disease and Heavy on the Twister will happen before it reaches the person, everyone dodges twister, and then they kill the dread and its all good.

i'll have over 1,5k myth this week, dont know where to spend it. my main (War) is fully geared, and that's my coil character. it seems wasted on any alt character i play. my main alt (MNK) is almost fully geared in CT armor with a few pieces from coil and zenith. even if i buy stuff for him, it will not be utilized. maybe upgrade DRG and BRD relics? i don't know. i wish you could store them away somewhere or upgrade your skills with them.

Although I'm not sure I actually had a bug issue or anything.. I play with a controller, I think I just accidentally hit LB (the auto-run button) instead of LT, when trying to access some of my skills.

I also play with a controller. There was a known bug with autorun when using the LB to zoom the camera; I assumed that's what had got you.

Zomba13

So just had an 'interesting' CT experience. In CT with Mobi and Ynot from Sarg FC, just about to go to bone dragon and a votekick shows up for the other tank as 'AFK' (he wasn't). Vote no and then another one shows up right after for Mobi under 'Harassment' (Mobi hadn't said or done anything). That one passes somehow and then we wait for a refill. The other parties notice and ask if it was DC but some guys in our party say he just vanished and they don't know why. They obviously put the vote through and when I ask they eventually say stuff about CT rules and how it's common courtesy not to Spiritbond. After dragon fight I put a vote kick through on one of them for harassment (as there are no rules against that and exploiting the votekick function because you don't like is harassment) and it passes. Then I get kicked by the remaining guy because you can only get a VK passed once every 4 hours (something I didn't know).

So, are there any unofficial rules? If you meet the iLVL and you know the game and how to play properly I think anything should go. CT isn't a hard place and if you aren't MT or OT for KB then equip doesn't really matter at all. I mean, obvious rules like don't be an asshole and actual common courtesy apply but not just to CT but the whole game.

Nephtis

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago I bought and created a character - Elhaym Vierge. Conjurer.

I got my toon to level 21, and I am on Ultros server.

Since it's been a little while since I left the game, I was wondering if anyone would like to group up to go on quests and stuff. I have no idea where to pick up where I left from, and the whole professions thing is confusing to me to be honest. Also, playing alone has been... Well, not as fun as it once was (thanks, WoW!).

Please send me a PM. I work nights, and I usually go to the gym after work. I am usually available for playing from 10:00 AM or so 'till about 3 PM Mountain Time. I think I do ok at healing :)

DrDogg

What are the thoughts on starting another Coil group? I've got a total of three GAFers that I know are interested for sure, but what ilevel do you need to be at for Turn 1?

Actually, same goes for Garuda EX and Ultima. I see i77+ for both in PF, but neither seems that gear intensive to me.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
What are the thoughts on starting another Coil group? I've got a total of three GAFers that I know are interested for sure, but what ilevel do you need to be at for Turn 1?

Actually, same goes for Garuda EX and Ultima. I see i77+ for both in PF, but neither seems that gear intensive to me.

I still had some Peltast/Heitaros gear when I first did turn 1 and 2. 65-70ish will do. Turn 4 seems to be the one that's a gear check.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

i65 is enough for T1 and T2. Probably i72+ for T4 and around i83 for T5.

studyguy

I still had some Peltast/Heitaros gear when I first did turn 1 and 2. 65-70ish will do. Turn 4 seems to be the one that's a gear check.

Most people initially got to T4 and cleared it with mostly DL & AK gear before the guides were widespread. Usually took a relic or two, but it's not insurmountable. With CT gear as available as it is now, it should be fine for dedicated groups.

Alucrid

Banned
Most people initially got to T4 and cleared it with mostly DL & AK gear before the guides were widespread. Usually took a relic or two, but it's not insurmountable. With CT gear as available as it is now, it should be fine for dedicated groups.

Yep, I mean, just look at our Bard. :p

57B762619011D95ECBEAB717D761F717D32E8551

creid

So, are there any unofficial rules? If you meet the iLVL and you know the game and how to play properly I think anything should go. CT isn't a hard place and if you aren't MT or OT for KB then equip doesn't really matter at all. I mean, obvious rules like don't be an asshole and actual common courtesy apply but not just to CT but the whole game.
Agreed, sounds like bullshit to me. I have yet to see the vote kick used appropriately.

Ken

Yeah, Unwoven Will breaks when the Dreadknight is dead. The only time it would ever be a problem is during a dreadknight that was twister happening during his uptime, if a person with twister was broken out during this it would be difficult for them to dodge twister. It might just end up being a freak accident, just raise the person that died and try to recover. If you make sure that the person with Unwoven Will is as far as they can be from the center of the room, then you can mostly avoid this, as long as that dread has Disease and Heavy on the Twister will happen before it reaches the person, everyone dodges twister, and then they kill the dread and its all good.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Tendo

Are there any leveling guides for professions out? I find crafting super boring and just want to level it as fast as possible.

Valus

Has their been any official news on what changes/addons are happening for 2.15? I read something about pvp changes and housing prices going down for small houses. I also remember reading about crafting macros will be better (but is that for 2.15 or 2.2?)

Is there anything else that people are aware of? No patch notes yet?

MogCakes

I thought I had enough storm seals to buy my chocobo the nicest Lominsan barding, but upping my rank to unlock it used up all of my seals :/ BOOOO

Or not break out a person in the middle of the twister cast. Don't think it can hit the people that are currently stunned or I don't think I've ever seen it happen. It can target them though so it may be laying a twister down under them that if you break during the cast they may not be able to move out of it. Hope I'm explaining that correctly.

Group I'm in has two melee dps that run away from the Dread when twister is cast so they are not dpsing it, and thus don't have the Dread die while twister is being cast so this has never been a problem.

Aeana

Or not break out a person in the middle of the twister cast. Don't think it can hit the people that are currently stunned or I don't think I've ever seen it happen. It can target them though so it may be laying a twister down under them that if you break during the cast they may not be able to move out of it. Hope I'm explaining that correctly.

Group I'm in has two melee dps that run away from the Dread when twister is cast so they are not dpsing it, and thus don't have the Dread die while twister is being cast so this has never been a problem.

It can't hit the person who's stunned, but if you happen to get out of the jail right as the twister cast is going off, you can be hit. This has happened to me before. Anyone who's jailed should be pressing their movement keys even as they're stunned so they start moving the second they're freed.

WolvenOne

I really wouldn't call T4, cake. You really don't have that much flexibility in how to handle those various drops, so it doesn't take a lot of mistakes to ruin a run. Yes, once everyone knows their roles, and knows how to handle each transition and each set of adds the encounter can go down pretty fast. Regardless, there are a lot of mechanics in the fight, and a lot of places where the fight can go wrong, so it shouldn't be treated as a nothingburger.

It can't hit the person who's stunned, but if you happen to get out of the jail right as the twister cast is going off, you can be hit. This has happened to me before. Anyone who's jailed should be pressing their movement keys even as they're stunned so they start moving the second they're freed.

Thank you for repeating the same thing I said in a clearer way. Knew I was bumbling with my words.

studyguy

I really wouldn't call T4, cake. You really don't have that much flexibility in how to handle those various drops, so it doesn't take a lot of mistakes to ruin a run. Yes, once everyone knows their roles, and knows how to handle each transition and each set of adds the encounter can go down pretty fast. Regardless, there are a lot of mechanics in the fight, and a lot of places where the fight can go wrong, so it shouldn't be treated as a nothingburger.

Indeed, I wouldn't call BC in general cake for anyone new to it. It's cake now, but it wasn't too long ago that everyone was slamming their faces on each turn trying to get past without guides. Like anything else it takes experience.

Ken

So players in Will have Twister death immunity but not immunity from being targeted right? That's the confusing part.

WolvenOne

Indeed, I wouldn't call BC in general cake for anyone new to it. It's cake now, but it wasn't too long ago that everyone was slamming their faces on each turn trying to get past without guides. Like anything else it takes experience.

Even with guides, well, those guides would often omit tiny little details that would turn out to be crucial. For example, where our group most frequently ran into trouble, was the transition where the first set of Rooks dropped. We knew how that transition was supposed to look, but getting the correct adds to aggro to the correct tanks when the dreadnought dropped was proving to be inconsistent at best.

We figured it out, but it ended up being mostly a matter of trial and error, very frustrating trial and error. XD

Edit: Doesn't help that a lot of the guides out there, do a really poor job of explaining the Tank perspective of the various fights. The Mr Happy videos especially, really bite when it comes to the Tank perspective.

BLCKATK

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Sorry, wrote that right when I woke up.

For Phase 4 (Twister/Dreadknight Phase) make sure that Ranged DPS and healers are as far away from the center of the room as possible. When you know a dreadknight is coming, melee DPS need to get away from the center as well. The closer people are to the center, the more stress is on the dps to kill the dreadknight before Caber Toss, which means that the person in Unwoven Will could be broken out during Twister and killed. If everyone is spread out, and the Dreadknight has Disease and Heavy on it, the stress is lessened, and DPS can focus on dodging Twister and then kill the Dreadknight, which means that the person Unwoven Will will be safe from Twister.

Twister cannot kill someone in Unwoven Will, but if they are broken out from Unwoven Will during the Twister cast, and Twister was cast on them, they will be hit by Twister. I'm assuming that is what your issue was?

So players in Will have Twister death immunity but not immunity from being targeted right? That's the confusing part.

Yes that is exactly correct. Immune to Twister when in Will, but they can still be targeted.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sorry, wrote that right when I woke up.

For Phase 4 (Twister/Dreadknight Phase) make sure that Ranged DPS and healers are as far away from the center of the room as possible. When you know a dreadknight is coming, melee DPS need to get away from the center as well. The closer people are to the center, the more stress is on the dps to kill the dreadknight before Caber Toss, which means that the person in Unwoven Will could be broken out during Twister and killed. If everyone is spread out, and the Dreadknight has Disease and Heavy on it, the stress is lessened, and DPS can focus on dodging Twister and then kill the Dreadknight, which means that the person Unwoven Will will be safe from Twister.

Twister cannot kill someone in Unwoven Will, but if they are broken out from Unwoven Will during the Twister cast, and Twister was cast on them, they will be hit by Twister. I'm assuming that is what your issue was?

Yes that is exactly correct. Immune to Twister when in Will, but they can still be targeted.

I think this info will help our group a lot. Was curious about this and I had assumed it was a mad crazy DPS race to get them out before twisters.

Next time I will take my time when a Twister is being cast during DN phase.

At least they aren't like the Death Claws from FFV which would reduce you to single digit health in one shot.

What they need to give us is Trap Doors. I want everyone to experience the horror I faced in the Sealed Cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom