• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

This made me happy too. I swear the past week has had me muttering "More effin' pirates..." far too often running that thing. >_>

Almost every time I use the roulette I get Sastasha lol.

If anyone will humor my question, what are the best 'rank' of gear obtainable in the game? For example, I see Darklight gear being vended out of a tent (of all things...) and it's all i90, but then there's the relic gear which I'm assuming is better or at least equivalent. Most people I've gear-checked running around have Darklight.

Aeana

Almost every time I use the roulette I get Sastasha lol.

If anyone will humor my question, what are the best 'rank' of gear obtainable in the game? For example, I see Darklight gear being vended out of a tent (of all things...) and it's all i90, but then there's the relic gear which I'm assuming is better or at least equivalent. Most people I've gear-checked running around have Darklight.
Darklight gear is not i90, it's i70, and it's purchased with tomestones of philosophy. AF+1 is what is i90 and it is purchased with tomestones of mythology. Gear from Crystal Tower is i80 and fills the gap between them.

Allagan gear from the Binding Coil of Bahamut and the AF+1 gear are the best you can get in the game right now.

MogCakes

Oh! So that wobbly tent vends both the Darklight AND relic gear. I take it getting tomes of mythology isn't all that fast if CT gear serves to fill the gap.

So they're done nerfing SMN's, right?

I hope so, I already feel useless trying to kill adds since every other DPS kills them in half the time. If SE ever nerfs the DoT skills ACN and SMN will become worthless.

Sophia

Oh! So that wobbly tent vends both the Darklight AND relic gear. I take it getting tomes of mythology isn't all that fast if CT gear serves to fill the gap.

There's a cap on how many Tomes of Mythology you can get each week. Mind you, you're also limited to one piece of gear from CT a week as well.

Philosophy has no weekly cap, just a general cap. You can basically earn as much as you want there.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yep.
We had someone crafting on a bed earlier and someone moved the bed out from underneath him and it interrupted his craft. (._. )

Oh i thought they don't allow it because of the RMT.... (and his stupid limitations, and you report 2 bots on the same spot for a week, and after a month are still there)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMG! Is this for PS3? Can I MT Garuda EX now?!

You mean you can see her?

Sometimes my PS3 shits so hard, she vanishes for a phase, that shit is truly Extreme
Somehow I timed it and ran away from an invisible Slipstream...

That whole instance needs a huge fucking overhaul, even with full effects turned off, my PS3 goes ape shit mode

The EX version just bring so much, the PS3 just says I give up, your on a 3 sec delay, and everything for me in 3 sec backs
Somehow HM version run like fucking butter, yet EX, fuck me over so bad

Last night I think I had the cleanest Titan HM run ever with DF One Shot Mode
Every WotL was coming up and had enough time to respond and dodge, I ate 2 to stupid mistakes, but by then end, the game was running how it was suppose to run for the PS3
Maybe me being WAR for it's Relic was an Omen, but I just say it was random luck

I know i'm going after all the Darklight accessories, but as for equipment in general, its CT and relic stuff for me.

Grab DL Pieces Tek, if it's a job that's also swappable gear, it will become very useful, trust me

I had PLD, when I leveled up WAR, most DL pieces were slotted onto him
Every time I got CoilTank pieces,it removed some DL pieces
So getting a Healer/Tank/Casting set, really helps, whenever you level your other classes for that gear to 50 , you'll be ilvl70+ and any Coil gear is shareable
Only DRG/MNK/BRD do you get caught that don't share

MogCakes

Does the character profile viewer in the lodestone not work correctly during maintenance? I'm trying to view my Ultros char but it's telling me no such character exists.

MogCakes

You can't log in right now but you can still view your character.

I wish. It's giving me this: "You have no other characters to select"

The 'active character' on the lodestone is an old one I made on another server back in August. The lodestone apparently doesn't know or want to acknowledge my newly minted lv50 SMN on Ultros :/

EDIT: oh boy progress! It shows my ultros char now but when I click to log in it tells me 'unknown error'. I'm going to assume this is because of maintenance.

Teknoman

Grab DL Pieces Tek, if it's a job that's also swappable gear, it will become very useful, trust me

I had PLD, when I leveled up WAR, most DL pieces were slotted onto him
Every time I got CoilTank pieces,it removed some DL pieces
So getting a Healer/Tank/Casting set, really helps, whenever you level your other classes for that gear to 50 , you'll be ilvl70+ and any Coil gear is shareable
Only DRG/MNK/BRD do you get caught that don't share

Well I might get some stuff for Monk...but damn that tin can armor...

Also S-E sucks for taking down all instances of "Rise of the White Raven" on youtube.

WolvenOne

Hmm, I hope they're not nerfing healing too badly. That might make the Turn 2 Enrage method quite a bit more difficult. Maybe not for fully geared characters, but anybody just starting out might not be able to manage it.

Raijinken

Hmm, I hope they're not nerfing healing too badly. That might make the Turn 2 Enrage method quite a bit more difficult. Maybe not for fully geared characters, but anybody just starting out might not be able to manage it.

If I read the patch notes correctly, Storm's Eye is actually going to make it easier for healers to heal Warriors, but I may be wrong. I'm not exactly sure how the tank classes work.

Ken

what are you talking about

Sophia

There are no nerfs to healing. You need to pay more attention to the patch notes.

What they're nerfing is the debuff caused by Miasma which weakens enemy healing.

Mupod

WolvenOne

If I read the patch notes correctly, Storm's Eye is actually going to make it easier for healers to heal Warriors, but I may be wrong. I'm not exactly sure how the tank classes work.

Well, Storms Eye is the end of a three move rotation, that Decreases Enemy Damage by 10%, and Leeches HP from an enemy equal to half of the damage you've deal with Storm Eye. So, if I'm reading that right, they're reducing potency from 50% to 20%. I presume that means that it only leeches 20% of the damage dealt from Storms Eye now, which if true is a fairly significant nerf.

I will admit that I did initially misread that line. I was skimming through the notes a bit too quickly, and I should've read that one a bit closer before commenting on it.

Edit: I do realize that Storms Eye never really restored that much HP to begin with, but between that and the Debuff it does make the healers lives significantly easier. Also it reduces my already heavily diminished Self Heal abilities from 2.0. At this point I'd almost advocate getting rid of them entirely and replacing them with something else. People joked about War Self Heals being mostly ornamental in 2.0, and now we're getting close to that actually being the case. :(

Edit Edit: Wait, that's worded kinda oddly. Did Storms Eye decrease an enemies ability to self heal? If so, I never noticed it, probably because most enemies don't have self heals.

Ken

Well, Storms Eye is the end of a three move rotation, that Decreases Enemy Damage by 10%, and Leeches HP from an enemy equal to half of the damage you've deal with Storm Eye. So, if I'm reading that right, they're reducing potency from 50% to 20%. I presume that means that it only leeches 20% of the damage dealt from Storms Eye now, which if true is a fairly significant nerf.

I will admit that I did initially misread that line. I was skimming through the notes a bit too quickly, and I should've read that one a bit closer before commenting on it.

Edit: I do realize that Storms Eye never really restored that much HP to begin with, but between that and the Debuff it does make the healers lives significantly easier. Also it reduces my already heavily diminished Self Heal abilities from 2.0. At this point I'd almost advocate getting rid of them entirely and replacing them with something else. People joked about War Self Heals being mostly ornamental in 2.0, and now we're getting close to that actually being the case. :(

what are you talking about

Sophia

Oh, you're right, confused Storms Eye for Storms Path. I never knew about the Decreased Healing Debuff, so I just assumed they were talking about Storms Paths Self Heal.

And this folks is why reading is fundamental. =p

But yeah, all they did was reduce the healing debuffs. Nothing more.

Mupod

he's got storm's eye and storm's path mixed up. Storm's eye does a slashing resistance debuff and healing debuff on enemies. Path heals you a bit and causes enemies to do 10% less damage.

Ken

he's got storm's eye and storm's path mixed up. Storm's eye does a slashing resistance debuff and healing debuff on enemies. Path heals you a bit and causes enemies to do 10% less damage.

except then he took

"decrease HP recovery via curing magic"

to somehow mean that healing across the board was nerfed

WolvenOne

Yeah, been awhile since I've read the descriptions, so I'd forgotten about the Healing Debuff. Probably wouldn't have if I'd played more PvP, since that'd probably be far more noticable in that setting. Like I said though, so few enemies use healing magic, and I mostly play PvE.

WolvenOne

except then he took

to somehow mean that healing across the board was nerfed

You've got the chronology backwards, I first assumed it was a healing debuff, because I was doing a quick skim. Then I assumed they were talking Storms Path, because the only healing related ability I could think of among the basic War skills, was Storms Paths Leech Heal.

Also, first time I've bothered reading patch notes. I'm obviously doing a very bad job of it. XD

WolvenOne

And this folks is why reading is fundamental. =p

But yeah, all they did was reduce the healing debuffs. Nothing more.

Yes, I realize that. The moral of the story here, is not to merely skim patch notes before commenting on them. Also, I read two to three novels per month, there's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. XD

GraveRobberX

First thing I'm doing is CT and getting to the end for the 4th Coffer

Be nice to get that fragment!

Gonna be hilarious as fuck when 24 people roll on that bitch

Mr. RHC

Confirmed bugs as of Patch 2.15

The Demagogue Mask may be dyed to a different color.

Noooo, I did that just yesterday, hahahahaha

Also, Vote Abandon for duties will give me a headache in the future, I'm certain of that.

GraveRobberX

The solution is to bring 24 Gaffers into CT so if the 4th coffer appears, it will be guaranteed to go in our front yard.

Well I'm GAFfer but not a GAF, so COMPETITION bitches!

Also, Vote Abandon for duties will give me a headache in the future, I'm certain of that.

Seriously Vote Abandon should be named to, "You Got Pharros Sirius, Bail Button Activated!"

Oh Snap!, a new Event starts up when servers go back up

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2014/Theres_Golems_in_Those_Hills/

VdeR7gl.png

Time to get that mask + minion once I log in

Aww Yiss!

Fate Time!, let's see if I can milk this like the other seasonal FATE's and earn dope XP off them
The Southern Thanalan Corpse Zombie one is broken as fuck (Agent Hildy Quest FATE)

It pops literally every 5 minutes for 20K+ XP, sometimes back to back just as you finish that damn FATE, LOL!

Sophia

Go to do Duty Roulette. Everyone in the party is level 40 or higher.
Got Copperbell Mines. Quite the mid level dungeon there, S-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom