• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

It can be both lazy and intentional. I'm just saying we don't need to use the excuse that it HAS to be that way because it doesn't need to be.
It's not even something that needs to be excused. It's that way because it was designed to be. Calling them lazy because they made a design decision you don't agree with makes no sense.

Sophia

It doesn't need to be, that is just laziness but its neither here nor there, its not like I'm complaining about more content.
I'm not saying they should remove the event, any content is good content, I'm just pointing out how silly this is when they go through so much trouble trying to make western fans forget that the game exists.

You're moving the goalposts a bit there. First it was laziness now it's silly? :p

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. There's nothing wrong with it. Dragon Quest isn't exactly unknown in English speaking territories. The Puff-Puff event is hilarious, even if people don't quite understand the reference....

Sorian

Banned
You're moving the goalposts a bit there. First it was laziness now it's silly? :p

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. There's nothing wrong with it. Dragon Quest isn't exactly unknown in English speaking territories.

whynotboth.gif

Like I said, nothing wrong with it if their stance on blitzing any media of people wanting to show it in the west wasn't so extreme.

It's not even something that needs to be excused. It's that way because it was designed to be. Calling them lazy because they made a design decision you don't agree with makes no sense.

They made a design decision that gives them less options in exchange for being able to do less work. It doesn't even have to do with my personal taste on the matter, it speaks for itself.

Noi

I like that they always go the extra mile to tie in all of the crossovers and events and make them part of the lore instead of just lazily handing them out from a single NPC. The Heavensturn and now the Shantotto cutscenes are some of my favorites in the game.

Edit: Oh, and Jandelaine giving that one Lala NPC a makeover with Lightning hair. Truly a beauty reborn.

Tash

Not sure if I asked before but does anyone else have weird freezes occasionally?
Anything between 5 to 10 seconds or longer. I can still move but obviously everything game wise that happens to the server is getting lost. After a while the game catches up in high speed and I am back. The weird thing is that chat works completely fine. I can even tell the group that I just froze.

I assume it's packages that don't get properly sent to the server that handles actual gameplay. I just wonder if that's on my side or SQenix side.

Sorian

Banned
I like that they always go the extra mile to tie in all of the crossovers and events and make them part of the lore instead of just lazily handing them out from a single NPC. The Heavensturn and now the Shantotto cutscenes are some of my favorites in the game.

Edit: Oh, and Jandelaine giving that one Lala NPC a makeover with Lightning hair. Truly a beauty reborn.

My favorite is that there is story defining why there is a normal, hard, and extreme version of the primals and a normal and hard mode version of dungeons. They could have just tacked them in as the harder figths and called it a day but they go out of their way to give it some story.

Sophia

Their love for the inclusion of story is nice. Far too many MMOs treat their story like a red-headed stepchild. Only good for the few tasks it carries out and then beaten into submission the rest of the time.

Seeing a game where they actually care about the characters and the world, and don't just needlessly retcon, is awesome.

aceface

Not sure if I asked before but does anyone else have weird freezes occasionally?
Anything between 5 to 10 seconds or longer. I can still move but obviously everything game wise that happens to the server is getting lost. After a while the game catches up in high speed and I am back. The weird thing is that chat works completely fine. I can even tell the group that I just froze.

I assume it's packages that don't get properly sent to the server that handles actual gameplay. I just wonder if that's on my side or SQenix side.

Thar be lag. Happens to me occasionally too, annoying as hell.

Sorian

Banned
So did Ultima HM really did get easier like what the patch notes claimed?

Ultima HM can get easier?

Speaking of the patch notes do we have a warp for the Ultros house yet and, alternatively, has someone in guild gotten the shard drop from Archeron yet?

Nohar

So... Healing on Hard Mode Titan is hard. I have a really hard time keeping everyone alive when comes the final phase. And inevitably some people make mistakes and take damage (though I'm not blaming them: it's a hard fight, and I'm not doing much better). Do you have any advices on what to do as a Scholar (ilvl 71)? I use manually Eos for that fight, who I use to spam heal the tank (along with selfless use of Rouse). The problem is that I often completly forget about her other abilities. I guess I still need some training in order to cast the AoE HoT heal spell (along with Rouse and the one which enhances healing spell right before it) in time for the upcoming stomps, but I have a hard time doing so (not to mention that I should cast the Bubble on top of all that right before the stomps - I do it without any problems for the jumps).

adixon

Wait, they nerfed miasma in pvp by changing the healing reduction from 50% to 20% and removed the slow effect entirely? Did I read that wrong?

And they didn't change any other status effects, like 30 second sleep every minute and the ability to be chain stunned by a coordinated group for like 10 seconds?

Urge to play broken pvp subsiding...

On the other hand, they don't seem to have nerfed pet classes in any other way aside from making miasma almost not a utility spell, so scholar and summoner might still be the most powerful in there.

What they really need to do is address the backwards fundamental design that makes it so people who are high level in pvp can one shot people who have no pvp gear, thanks to normal defense and magic defense literally doing nothing in pvp, and pvp gear exclusively supplying both those stats in addition to a damage boost (that's what the morale stat does -- all defenses and damage boost in one stat that starts at 0 for people trying to learn pvp). Talk about unfriendly to newcomers! It's like the RPG progression that ruins the balance in multiplayer shooters taken to its most absurd and punishing extreme.

nikos

So I think the next piece of Myth gear I should get, for my WHM, is head/feet. Should I replace my Vanya Hat of Healing, or Darklight Boots of Healing first? Vanya has +9 Spell Speed, +10 Determination and +4 Crit on top of its regular stats.

Ran CT four times so far, without a drop, but I should still buy one or the other anyway because it's better gear. I just don't want the same slot item to drop in CT right after, which is probably going to happen regardless. :eek:

dark_chris

It was hilarious seeing during the Ultima HM battle where our DPS was too slow so it casted the Ultima spell on us, wiping us with 30,000 damage. One of the DPS survived cause he was raising himself as Ultima went out. Everyone went "WTF" and we wondered what will Ultima Weapon do next after casting that spell.

Lo and behold, he started casting Ultima again and did 30,000 damage to the DPS that almost killed it. haha.

Sorian

Banned
It was hilarious seeing during the Ultima HM battle where our DPS was too slow so it casted the Ultima spell on us, wiping us with 30,000 damage. One of the DPS survived cause he was raising himself as Ultima went out. Everyone went "WTF" and we wondered what will Ultima Weapon do next after casting that spell.

Lo and behold, he started casting Ultima again and did 30,000 damage to the DPS that almost killed it. haha.

Would have been better if Ultima just stood there after that doing nothing.

dark_chris

Would have been better if Ultima just stood there after that doing nothing.

That woulda actually been funny as hell and you could take it that Ultima Weapon just "used up all its power" casting that spell, thus standing there until its defeated.

My god, the animation for Ultima in battle is glorious and beautiful. Definitely holds up to the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2U1N03WQQ <<--- it appears at the end of the video.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, that was quite the cut scene after finishing the golem quest. =p Really happy about my new pet though.

So I think the next piece of Myth gear I should get, for my WHM, is head/feet. Should I replace my Vanya Hat of Healing, or Darklight Boots of Healing first? Vanya has +9 Spell Speed, +10 Determination and +4 Crit on top of its regular stats.

Ran CT four times so far, without a drop, but I should still buy one or the other anyway because it's better gear. I just don't want the same slot item to drop in CT right after, which is probably going to happen regardless. :eek:

List your equipment and we can help you further.

Zomba13

I've been getting that a lot lately. Started around the start of last week. It's weird as I never had any problems with connection before. Not an issue with other online games or my download speed etc.

I'm from the UK playing on Sargatanas and don't know how to fix it or if I can do anything on my end. Really annoying as it makes me only feel comfortable using my SMN (as if I'm a tank/healer and get a huge lag spike it's bad for everyone).

am i the only one that doesnt know what the shit is going on in this story i know they explained ex primals, but i already forgot what they said. there is so much uninteresting bla bla in between the interesting bits, they make you forget the interesting things by the time they finish. the hildeguy quest was good and made me laugh, i think thats why i remember it so well. that bald guy with his animations was hilarious.

scosher

am i the only one that doesnt know what the shit is going on in this story i know they explained ex primals, but i already forgot what they said. there is so much uninteresting bla bla in between the interesting bits, they make you forget the interesting things by the time they finish. the hildeguy quest was good and made me laugh, i think thats why i remember it so well. that bald guy with his animations was hilarious.

What do you mean unimportant bits? It was very important that the main hero cook fish soup and cake to rally the troups before we stormed Castrum Meridium.

Teknoman

Up until what point? Just EX primals?

At any rate, Chronicles of a new era scenario should be better paced (I hope) and better thought out, since that is 100% original.

Khatoz

So you save it to final phase?

BTW is there any way to prevent death sentence + fast auto after killing tanks? Or is that just up to RNG.

Just use of Adl+stone skin and a cooldown. It becomes easy once you get into the grove of the DS.

Twin will always do the DS 34-36 seconds after the first one at the start of the fight and when she lands after divebombs. Having a macro that cycles every 34-36 seconds helps to let everyone know to be ready for the DS.

And LB3 takes about 6% of Twins health. That could be the difference between a wipe or a kill.

BLCKATK

1 bar of LB during Dreads/Twister; do you guys spend it on Twin, the dread, or save it?

My group uses Melee LB2 when it is up during the last phase. Does a decent amount of damage and sometimes we can manage another LB1 before we timeout/kill her. Lately DPS has been really good so usually when we LB we push her below 10% which is when morale spikes and we take her out.

MogCakes

Right. I've talked it over with a couple of friends and we've decided to hold off on creating our own FC and for once become part of something bigger. Is GAF's FC still accepting members?

chrono01

awww yisss we ilvl 90 now.

We will finally clear Turn 5 next week. I can feel it in my chubby, exposed legs.
YES, WE WILL!

Congrats, by the way.

Right. I've talked it over with a couple of friends and we've decided to hold off on creating our own FC and for once become part of something bigger. Is GAF's FC still accepting members?
We should be!

Just register on our guild website [http://neogaf.guildwork.com/] and message one of the officers in-game. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom