• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Man, Square's servers must be being slammed right now, the download doesn't look very big, but it's taking forever!

C'mon, I'm half comatose here! Wanna poke my nose in then go sleeps Square! XD

Edit: Download error, download error, download error, another download error! C'moooooon!!

Ken

iCX1ykifsH92l.png

aw yes

Sophia

I'm calling a mulligan on that. Surely the next duty roulette dungeon I get will be a mid level dungeon.....

....right?

Also wowza, FATEs have been kicked into overdrive I see.

Sophia

Tam-Tara Deepcroft.... This is not a mid level dungeon Square-Enix! =|

At least everyone is somewhat in the level range of it, except for me. Even if we're all level synced.

To add insult to injury, both of the Arcanists in the party had Topez Carbuncles out and had to be yelled at. Ugh.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Got my WAR Relic:
gouuCuFl.jpg

3 Down, 6 to go, DRG up next

That DQ x FFXIV quest chain was interesting...
g0zWSuG.jpg

Nice rewards:
kWmMEde.jpg

Until you haven't seen her up close, she's HUEG LIKE XBOX!
R9kDZ88.jpg

*She casted Blizagga V*, that shit was insane
DAT Minion:
rInJYpJ.jpg

bNxiXfN.jpg

Finally got that Pope Hat to go with my Pope Choco Minion, now only the Pope Choco Barding Hat awaits for the Holy Trinity:
KUSvy8l.jpg

QDQztzV.jpg

studyguy

Only made it to T4 last night due to 90k's.
Got worried after a group said they lost their loot, but we couldn't even get beyond the first pull without getting booted from the server so whatever.

Wilsongt

The following changes have been made to gathering points (GP).
Players will now also accumulate GP when playing as a Disciple of War, Magic, the Hand.
GP will no longer reset when changing to a non-gathering class.

THANK YOU BASED, YOSHIP. THANK YOU.

MechaX

I'm just now reading the 2.15 patch notes and go the Vote Abandon function for light parties.

Well, that's going to suck for that one DPS who waited 40 minutes in Duty Roulette Queue just for the other three to be like "lol pharos fuck this."

But at least they recognized that playing Sastasha and Halatali in Roulette every single day is not that fun.

Wilsongt

I'm just now reading the 2.15 patch notes and go the Vote Abandon function for light parties.

Well, that's going to suck for that one DPS who waited 40 minutes in Duty Roulette Queue just for the other three to be like "lol pharos fuck this."

But at least they recognized that playing Sastasha and Halatali in Roulette every single day is not that fun.

Or Tam Tara.

Sophia

I hate liars who say they're lagging when it was clear they were just incompetent. -.-;

Well, it's nice that they're putting back a feature that they already had in the game before.

I wanna know why they removed it to begin with. Seems odd to do so. o_O;

Well, it's nice that they're putting back a feature that they already had in the game before.
Better late than never, I guess.
I wanna know why they removed it to begin with. Seems odd to do so. o_O;
Apparently some people were flooding SE asking why their quests were disappearing because they weren't paying attention, plus it was poorly implemented and instead of refining it and teaching people how to use it, they just took it out.

Ferr986

That DQ quest last scene... I guess my character is lesbian after all XD

EDIT: lol at Shantotto. Shes awesome as always. I wish SE could put her back on future quests.

aceface

You know, with FFXIV getting me into MMO's for the first time, I'm curious about DQX now. For anyone who played that how is it? Any chances for a western release? I'm a huge DQ fan so if it was ever possible for me to play, I'd probably try it out.

Sorian

Banned
You know, with FFXIV getting me into MMO's for the first time, I'm curious about DQX now. For anyone who played that how is it? Any chances for a western release? I'm a huge DQ fan so if it was ever possible for me to play, I'd probably try it out.

You'll never see DQX in the west, I don't even know why they did this co-op event in the west because SE tries to hide away DQX in every other form of media.

Aeana

It doesn't need to be, that is just laziness but its neither here nor there, its not like I'm complaining about more content.
It's not laziness. It was intentional, just like in FF11. It's why the auto-translator system exists in the game. The impact is reduced in FF14 because of the segregated data centers, but not eradicated.

Aeana

As someone who played DQ10 at launch and really enjoyed her time with it, I honestly don't think DQ10 would be received very well in the west at all. It is more like FF11 than any modern MMO, but I think the most important thing is that it doesn't have a lot of the stuff that western MMO fans are looking for, particularly when it comes to interface and control fluidity. I wrote a big long post about this somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment. I'll have to dig it up later. Even as a huge DQ fan and a huge fan of MMORPGs, I found that once I got through the main story, I didn't really feel like I needed to stick around. I intend to go back for the expansion content sometime this year and then put it down again until the next significant story content is added. I know there's a lot more to do in the game now, but it just doesn't feel like one of those MMOs that I'd play all the time.

frequency

Half a year (or more) later, I can finally hide that level 20 Leatherworker quest that's been taking up the limited tracking space and has caused me to run back and forth more than I needed to because the game decided not to track the quests in my immediate area.

I'm glad it's finally coming back but taking half a year to re-implement functionality that they removed because people were getting confused or whatever really does not fill me with confidence.

Sorian

Banned
It's not laziness. It was intentional, just like in FF11. It's why the auto-translator system exists in the game. The impact is reduced in FF14 because of the segregated data centers, but not eradicated.

It can be both lazy and intentional. I'm just saying we don't need to use the excuse that it HAS to be that way because it doesn't need to be.

Sophia

It would be a complete waste of time and effort to remove the event for western players. There's nothing lazy about it. Not to mention impractical given Japanese and English speaking players can play on the same server.

Sorian

Banned
It would be a complete waste of time and effort to remove the event for western players. There's nothing lazy about it. Not to mention impractical given Japanese and English speaking players can play on the same server.

I'm not saying they should remove the event, any content is good content, I'm just pointing out how silly this is when they go through so much trouble trying to make western fans forget that the game exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom