• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meciu

Go to do Duty Roulette. Everyone in the party is level 40 or higher.
Got Copperbell Mines. Quite the mid level dungeon there, S-E.

LOL, I got Sastasha... mid level my ass SE, please is it so hard to make it actually work and select the highest possible dungeon?

Ken

Pretty sure the patch notes said the weighting for mid-level dungeons is higher so you'd probably have to have run low level roulette quite a bit before coming to the conclusion that the patch didn't do anything.

Meciu

Pretty sure the patch notes said the weighting for mid-level dungeons is higher so you'd probably have to have run low level roulette quite a bit before coming to the conclusion that the patch didn't do anything.

That was my first try after the patch. To be more precise I always use low level roulette even if i already recieved the bonus for the day. Yesterday I got Sastasha, Ifrit and Halatali x2 hmmm

I finally got something close to my level in Cutters Cry...and then back to Tam Tara and Ifrit. I think people just take it slower once they hit the 30's.

WolvenOne

I finally got something close to my level in Cutters Cry...and then back to Tam Tara and Ifrit. I think people just take it slower once they hit the 30's.

There are a lot more dungeons to choose from once you hit the 30's. Where as, if you're leveling a new class and only have your character between levels 15 and 22, you only have three dungeons to choose from. As such, those dungeons get re-ran far more frequently. Once you hit level 25, you've got Toto Rak, Haukke very shortly after that, then Brayflox and Cutters Cry. That's quite a lot more dungeuns to choose from, in a very short amount of time.

Even if they're using the Roulette, it still means that those dungeons get ran less. Especially when they're probably going to be tapped to run with with players whom can only run Satasha/Copperbell/Halatali. XD

UrSuLeTzU

Game changer!
attachment.php

Awesome, why the hell did they take that out in the first place?

I guess when you think about it, between 25 and 38, you have quite a few options. I sometimes space out the optional places like Qarn. I don't mind variety but I cringe when I get TotoRak or CC, they are kinda long.

Oh wait Qarn is no longer optional...opps!

Stuart444

So has anyone had issues with the side quest "Doubt Truth to be a Liar"?

I took care of the first orange area and the orange area furthest way, map still shows the first orange area (but the second one I took care of disappeared) however the guy I had to go see and /doubt was several meters away at 11,30 next to a tree far from the orange area on the map.

Seems like an odd bug that hasn't been fixed. :/ at least it's not totally broken though

Sophia

I did notice dungeon queues for higher level dungeons were coming in quicker if I manually queued for them, but so far the Duty Roulette is still giving me mostly low level dungeons. :p

I don't want to do dailies anymore...

A certain previous MMO gave me PTSD in regards to dailies, so I haven't really touched them at all in FFXIV. >_>

dramatis

So... Healing on Hard Mode Titan is hard. I have a really hard time keeping everyone alive when comes the final phase. And inevitably some people make mistakes and take damage (though I'm not blaming them: it's a hard fight, and I'm not doing much better). Do you have any advices on what to do as a Scholar (ilvl 71)? I use manually Eos for that fight, who I use to spam heal the tank (along with selfless use of Rouse). The problem is that I often completly forget about her other abilities. I guess I still need some training in order to cast the AoE HoT heal spell (along with Rouse and the one which enhances healing spell right before it) in time for the upcoming stomps, but I have a hard time doing so (not to mention that I should cast the Bubble on top of all that right before the stomps - I do it without any problems for the jumps).
Ideally you go with another white mage.

If micromanaging your pet is too hard, set Eos on Sic and then park him in the northwest or northeast just outside of Mountain Buster range. Her limited range will prevent her abilities from reaching everybody, but for that fight it's a hassle to manage while you're dodging aoe anyway. Mostly, she'd be helping out on healing the tank.

I've never used the bubble for stomps, just for Titan jumps. Post-heart it's probably better to stack Aetherflow for Lustrate, and use Succor for heals and shields. If you run with a white mage they'll do the burst healing, you'll be in charge of reducing damage.

That was my first try after the patch. To be more precise I always use low level roulette even if i already recieved the bonus for the day. Yesterday I got Sastasha, Ifrit and Halatali x2 hmmm
Before the patch I got Titan Story and Qarn, so it's not impossible.

Aeana

People on the forums butthurt about dimensional blade using CT drop are hilarious.

It's pretty lame that it is, though. It would have been a good opportunity for SE to get people going into CT even after they got their drop.
As it is, I doubt most people will be willing to give up their drop to get it.

studyguy

It's pretty lame that it is, though. It would have been a good opportunity for SE to get people going into CT even after they got their drop.

I'll get it, whatever. CT gear is hardly the end all.
Also it's tradeable/sellable apparently

MogCakes

So has anyone had issues with the side quest "Doubt Truth to be a Liar"?

I took care of the first orange area and the orange area furthest way, map still shows the first orange area (but the second one I took care of disappeared) however the guy I had to go see and /doubt was several meters away at 11,30 next to a tree far from the orange area on the map.

Seems like an odd bug that hasn't been fixed. :/ at least it's not totally broken though

I spent a good 40 mins trying to find that guy. SE should at least mark him with a quest icon or something.

Sophia

Might be useful for some of us who don't need gear as a main spec, but I can't imagine that being too many unless you only have one class at level 50. At least the price will be higher up on it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
wait, it does? that's bullshit.

A crafting material shouldn't take the place of a gear drop especially if you have to roll against 23 other people to get it.

On the patch notes, it said a 4th chest would appear which contains the item. I believe the groups should still get the standard loot.

Is this a bug or are people just assuming?

studyguy

On the patch notes, it said a 4th chest would appear which contains the item. I believe the groups should still get the standard loot.

The patchnotes were amended, apparently the wording wasn't clear on the English version, but every other version mentioned the extra item drop pulling the loot drop for the week.

"Unfortunately this was a mistake in the English patch notes, and we've since corrected it. We apologize for the confusion this might have caused.

The new text reads:
* Obtaining a Dimensional Blade fragment will count toward the weekly one-reward limit. "

Per a community rep on the forums.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
"Unfortunately this was a mistake in the English patch notes, and we've since corrected it. We apologize for the confusion this might have caused.

The new text reads:
* Obtaining a Dimensional Blade fragment will count toward the weekly one-reward limit. "

Per a community rep on the forums.

People cry over dumb things. So 1 person in the 300 or so active people we have sacrifices 1 week of CT loot to get a furnishing. Not that big of deal. Hell, I didn't get a drop last week since I only need very specific pieces and would gladly take on for the team here.

studyguy

You should have rolled a tank. Everyone likes a good tank. :O

30 second queues for pretty much everything is fantastic too.
Rolling low level DF sometimes as a tank feels wonky though, you get into a pattern on pulls and when you don't have your complete skillset anymore. It's like oh right can't throw a shield... guess I'll rush in!!

frequency

I like getting matched up with new people. I always feel really disappointed when I get into a duty and don't see the message saying that it's someone's first time.

Experienced players tend to be too rushy and I hate that play style.

Mature

I can't believe how many colossal assholes stalk the official forums. How is it gotten exponentially worse than it already was? Haha.

My heart goes out to the community managers.

studyguy

I can't people how many colossal assholes stalk the official forums. How is it gotten exponentially worse than it already was? Haha.

My heart goes out to the community managers.

Only posts I have since jumping to the ARR forum structure is from reporting bugs. I can't imagine taking part in the discussions there, it's a god damn wasteland. 1.0 wasn't much better though with people like Roiken and such so whatever, official forums yo! They always suck.

WolvenOne

If I see that Mat, I'll roll on it. Lancer's going to be my next lvl 50 class, and I already have a decent chunk of the equipment I'll need anyway.

Ixian

30 second queues for pretty much everything is fantastic too.
Rolling low level DF sometimes as a tank feels wonky though, you get into a pattern on pulls and when you don't have your complete skillset anymore. It's like oh right can't throw a shield... guess I'll rush in!!
I've been leveling my Monk exclusively through my daily low level roulette and I get this feeling when I do. "How is my combo going to play out in this dungeon!? :D" Really wish they would just let you use all of your abilities / traits. ~_~

WolvenOne

I've been leveling my Monk exclusively through my daily low level roulette and I get this feeling when I do. "How is my combo going to play out in this dungeon!? :D" Really wish they would just let you use all of your abilities / traits. ~_~

Yeeeaaahhh, your play style changes dramatically based on what abilities you have unlocked. So, roulette often ends up being pretty poor practice for end-game content as that class. Slight problem, considering people often get to 50 and have a ton of gear waiting for them. It means they end up skipping a lot of the fresh-50 content, that helps get you trained up as that class.

I kinda wish they'd just, scale stats downward, but leave skills alone. That'd probably make the dungeons a lot easier, but still.

Edit: To be clear, I understand why they don't do it this way, this is mostly just wistful daydreaming. Also, this would only, "slightly," help with endgame training. Once you get to level 40, you usually have enough skills at hand to effectively start training up that class, for level 50 content. So, keeping Skills in tact for Roulette would only help slightly. It'd result in maybe getting, 5-10 more dungeon runs with a mostly complete set of job skills. It'd be a start, but not all that much of one.

I like getting matched up with new people. I always feel really disappointed when I get into a duty and don't see the message saying that it's someone's first time.

Experienced players tend to be too rushy and I hate that play style.

Well maybe you will get grouped with me :) All of this positive reinforcement has me convinced I must play as a tank since that is what I am comfortable with coming from tanking WoW and EQ2.

I know what I am doing this evening now. Once I get off the phone with SE for the 3rd or so time because they double charged me when I purchased FFXIV:ARR.

While I still need loot from CT on my main, I'll be more than happy to try and need the furnishing item in CT on my alt since everything healing wise is a downgrade/I already have it.

Mature

Only posts I have since jumping to the ARR forum structure is from reporting bugs. I can't imagine taking part in the discussions there, it's a god damn wasteland. 1.0 wasn't much better though with people like Roiken and such so whatever, official forums yo! They always suck.
1.0 seemed mostly just ignorant and/or stupid people, but that's transformed to extremely aggressive jerks.

I wouldn't care at all if I didn't think people might peek in to use it as a measuring stick for the community before joining. Could not have a worse representation.

chrono01

While I still need loot from CT on my main, I'll be more than happy to try and need the furnishing item in CT on my alt since everything healing wise is a downgrade/I already have it.
I run CT for the BLM gear, and only for future vanity slots since it's all a downgrade for me. If I ever saw the shard drop and I haven't already used my roll for the week, I would instantly roll on it.

With my luck, though, I'll never see it drop. :/

studyguy

1.0 seemed mostly just ignorant and/or stupid people, but that's transformed to extremely aggressive jerks.

I wouldn't care at all if I didn't think people might peek in to use it as a measuring stick for the community before joining. Could not have a worse representation.

1.0 community was incredibly small so it's not like we had much to go on, trolls were known and for the most part it was just sort of rolling with the punches. The community however got enormous since ARR, so it's really hard to measure who's who. It's all shit on the main forums though. I personally can't understand how people frequent it for anything other than bug reports, patches or dev posts (which you can track on the right panel without looking into the main forum anyway)

Every tank should just learn every battle before they ever do it.

Kinda missing the entire point of Duty Roulette.

While I am spinning in my chair at work browsing this thread, the FFXIV forums, and things in general... I couldn't notice you had a very nice looking WAR :)

So I must ask... PLD or WAR? :) And I am asking this full well knowing you may have a bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom