• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of favorable classes for Coil. Part of the reason our Coil group spent so much time stopped at Turn 4, was because of our party makeup.

Basically our DPS consists of, two melee classes, a Bard, and a Summoner. So, especially before the melee Buff in 2.1, we were having a ton of trouble getting the Adds down in time.

Thankfully, the 2.1 melee buff mostly solved that problem, and better coordination between us Tanks took care of the rest.

Edit: also, it should be stated, that it primary delay was because of the Holidays. Finding times when everyone was online, was particularly difficult during the month of December. XD

Who is in your group?

Isaccard

I'm no Grave Robber, but for x reason I cared way too much about this

q1zuK6E.jpg

on the plus side, I got some cool look vanity gear for 2.2 and 3 belts I can't get rid of

anyone wanna buy em? >_>

Kag's tag should be Ultrosgaf secretary cat.

SMN's! Remember to not forget about Energy Drain. It works great when you need burst damage, like against Siren adds or magitek bits but also when you need to conserve aetherflow for Twintania.

neoism

All hail the GM

so how did you get that other map on the top left?<-----nm
Still really new to the game but it really fun first mmo since Ragnarok Online lol

I'm on the Gilgamesh Server
lvl 23 Arc
Name Taeyeon Ism

guys so can you level any/all classes in the game with one character? Also I became a Blacksmith so does that mean I'm stuck with that sub job or can I change to any of them...
Just bought my first month sub because I missed out on my free trail because my computer HDD died :( and I forgot my password lol
Anyone on gaf on the gilgamesh server is there a gaf company lol

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Getting close to doing the lvl 30 quest as arcanist and the job is growing on me. Lots of dotting plus situational stuff = fun. =) At what level do I get this bane ability that I hear so much about? I'd love to have an easier way to spread dots around.

Getting close to doing the lvl 30 quest as arcanist and the job is growing on me. Lots of dotting plus situational stuff = fun. =) At what level do I get this bane ability that I hear so much about? I'd love to have an easier way to spread dots around.

Level 30. The real fun is when you get Fester.

dcye

So I'm slowly burning all the classes to 50. Have PLD, WAR, DRG (my main) and MNK at the moment. I've screwed up leveling because I still have no flexibility (I can either tank or melee dps, duh Dan haha) so my MNK (despite having some sweet Allagan gear) and my WAR are both redundant.

At the moment I'm trying to fix this by leveling SMN/SCH. At 33 right now and I'm really enjoying it, though healing really stresses me out a lot and I've only healed dungeons up to Toto-Rak. Bit intimidated by higher dungeons like Bray and Qarn.

Also; does anyone find the 10-20 levels the worst? basically nothing to do but Battlefield leaves until Sastasha opens up. hate it. Almost as annoying as 35-45.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I didn't get to finish T5 this week so far due to Monday maintenance (lol90k), I'll still be out 250 myth and I'd rather run CT a bunch of times as a baddie tank spiritbonding than suffer DF runs on roulette. At least spirtbonding with CT I get money and myth out of it... if also some CT headaches.

The CT trend I've noticed as of late is vote kicking spiritbonders. I people are just simply bored though.

Zomba13

The CT trend I've noticed as of late is vote kicking spiritbonders. I people are just simply bored though.

People are just assholes. Knocking your iLVL down a bit won't make a lick of difference in CT, the 'challenge' is all from mechanics. Only people where you want them to have half decent gear is on the Main tanks for the bosses.

Screw CT. I would rather just recruit fc people and do a couple HM Haukke runs a day. Between that and Coil, I can cap myth so I can do the fun stuff instead, like helping out lower leveled fc people or leveling other jobs.

Teknoman

so how did you get that other map on the top left?<-----nm
Still really new to the game but it really fun first mmo since Ragnarok Online lol

I'm on the Gilgamesh Server
lvl 23 Arc
Name Taeyeon Ism

guys so can you level any/all classes in the game with one character? Also I became a Blacksmith so does that mean I'm stuck with that sub job or can I change to any of them...
Just bought my first month sub because I missed out on my free trail because my computer HDD died :( and I forgot my password lol
Anyone on gaf on the gilgamesh server is there a gaf company lol

One character can be any class/job at any time. You're able to unlock others once your initial chosen class reaches 10 (or was it 15 or 20?). From there, just talk to the class guild leader and then you'll unlock the ability to use that class weapon.

Dunno if GAF is on Gilgamesh.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CT is strange and is best slept through anyway.

I hope this upcoming live letter has some good stuff in it...

chrono01

Congrats to the Magical Girl group for clearing Turn 5!

I'm hopeful that our group will be successful next week. We're getting there, I feel if we can clear up the Divebomb/Snake portion of the fight, then we can make some solid progress on the rest.

Level 23 Thaum! I'm getting there. I wish I didn't feel so out of the group though....I feel like this game is divided into two player bases---those who are level 50 and those who aren't.

Anywho. I've been getting far enough along to start doing dungeons (about to fight Ifrit). They're damn fun, but wow, there are some dicks out there! Just finished a run where a DPS kept running off during fights to grab chests that were nearby. I kept poking fun at him for not waiting until a mob was dead, and he got super defensive and went in with the "your mom" jokes. Alas, my powers don't let me bitch slap through my monitor yet.

Teknoman

Ifrit Hard Mode unlocked, still need to hit AK for relic, WP for exploration / first time experience sake, and finish up the Crystal Tower unlocking quests.

Level 23 Thaum! I'm getting there. I wish I didn't feel so out of the group though....I feel like this game is divided into two player bases---those who are level 50 and those who aren't.

Anywho. I've been getting far enough along to start doing dungeons (about to fight Ifrit). They're damn fun, but wow, there are some dicks out there! Just finished a run where a DPS kept running off during fights to grab chests that were nearby. I kept poking fun at him for not waiting until a mob was dead, and he got super defensive and went in with the "your mom" jokes. Alas, my powers don't let me bitch slap through my monitor yet.

What server?

Also unlocked The Bowl of Embers Hard today... Eep. Won't lie, the hard mode primals scare me.

Oh well, time to look at various guide videos while I collect them tomestones to get just a couple more pieces of Dark Light gear.

Also unlocked The Bowl of Embers Hard today... Eep. Won't lie, the hard mode primals scare me.

Oh well, time to look at various guide videos while I collect them tomestones to get just a couple more pieces of Dark Light gear.

Don't worry, they are easy to figure out. If you have a FC, get their help. Ultrosgaf often drags people through the relic train.

Teknoman

In that case, never hesitate to ask for help. Always cool to help people along, and of course level sync makes it so that it isnt cakewalk mode.

EDIT: Do you really "need" darklight gear for the Hard Mode Primal battles? I'm sure you'd probably need it for Titan...maybe Garuda, but I bet Ifrit is still a pushover.

Sophia

In that case, never hesitate to ask for help. Always cool to help people along, and of course level sync makes it so that it isnt cakewalk mode.

EDIT: Do you really "need" darklight gear for the Hard Mode Primal battles? I'm sure you'd probably need it for Titan...maybe Garuda, but I bet Ifrit is still a pushover.

Titan you definitely want some Darklight pieces. Ifrit is a pushover as long as the group as a whole is geared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom